Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490.   Posted by David Foxfire.Group: 0
Igatho
 player, 28 posts
 Baby Frost Giant
 Still impressionable
Tue 21 Jul 2015
at 20:50
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho partakes of the sippy cup as soon as she is given it. Her eyes initially stair at the keg for a few seconds before they wander to the people present and the surrounding area. "Yum!" she cheers before continuing to sip.

Her eyes then lock onto Farmer Andreas. She pauses and stares then pulls her mouth away from the 'straw' before asking, "I like milk. Thank you!" she then looks at Linka and back to the halfling. "Linka hugs and kisses are the best! You should hug and kiss her."

Igatho then continues sipping while keeping her eyes on Farmer Andreas.


Goodness. XD I feel like I'm playing the part of a character in a novel. ;) You are definitely a writer. :)

This message was last edited by the player at 20:51, Tue 21 July 2015.

David Foxfire
 GM, 97 posts
Sun 26 Jul 2015
at 01:48
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho:
Igatho partakes of the sippy cup as soon as she is given it. Her eyes initially stair at the keg for a few seconds before they wander to the people present and the surrounding area. "Yum!" she cheers before continuing to sip.

Her eyes then lock onto Farmer Andreas. She pauses and stares then pulls her mouth away from the 'straw' before asking, "I like milk. Thank you!" she then looks at Linka and back to the halfling. "Linka hugs and kisses are the best! You should hug and kiss her."

Igatho then continues sipping while keeping her eyes on Farmer Andreas.


Goodness. XD I feel like I'm playing the part of a character in a novel. ;) You are definitely a writer. :)


Farmer Andreas just chuckles as she hugs Linka at the side.  "I don't think I could survive a hug for her, kiddo.  My wife would..."

At this point, wolf howls come from the distnace, at the other side of the farmland, accompanied by a moo of alarm.

"Justin warned me they'll be coming," Andreas said.  "Dire Wolves too close to town.  Only a matter of time before they get brave enough."
Igatho
 player, 29 posts
 Baby Frost Giant
 Still impressionable
Sun 26 Jul 2015
at 06:00
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho smiles brightly. Then howls herself, "arOOOOOOO!" her voice nearly vibrating the walls. "Doggies! I wanna have a doggy!"

Unless stopped, she immediately runs out and starts running towards the edge of town, howling loudly!
David Foxfire
 GM, 102 posts
Mon 27 Jul 2015
at 06:20
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho:
Igatho smiles brightly. Then howls herself, "arOOOOOOO!" her voice nearly vibrating the walls. "Doggies! I wanna have a doggy!"

Unless stopped, she immediately runs out and starts running towards the edge of town, howling loudly!


"Hold it, Igatho," Linka said, "Those are fully grown Dire Wolves, very nasty dogs, not like the little doggies you've seen before.  They're probaly want to eat the cows.  And an occasional villager."

And off in the distance, Igatho can see what Linka meant.  The wolf would stand up to half Igatho's height, and it bared all of his teeth.  Not friendly.
Igatho
 player, 30 posts
 Baby Frost Giant
 Still impressionable
Mon 27 Jul 2015
at 21:58
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho was curious enough of Linka's words to stop in her tracks. Upon hearing the wolves are not friendly, she turns to Linka and asks, "...then I should smash dire wolves?" and stuffs her middle two fingers in her mouth.
David Foxfire
 GM, 108 posts
Mon 3 Aug 2015
at 22:42
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho:
Igatho was curious enough of Linka's words to stop in her tracks. Upon hearing the wolves are not friendly, she turns to Linka and asks, "...then I should smash dire wolves?" and stuffs her middle two fingers in her mouth.


Linka rubbed Igatho's shoulders from behind.  "If they do attack you, do so.  But if you can just scare them away, that should be enough," she said.  Looking for something for the child Frost Giant to swing around.
Igatho
 player, 31 posts
 Baby Frost Giant
 Still impressionable
Tue 4 Aug 2015
at 04:20
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho's shoulders are somewhat cold to the touch as usual. She looks over to Linka and says, "...'Tay!" as her version of "OK" and continues to suck on her fingers. She trots over to where she can see the wolves and waves her fake (but life-sized) orc around while screaming at the top of her lungs, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"

The whole town can hear her and some walls vibrate. Good thing she got some distance between her and others because if anyone had been too close to her when she screamed, it would have hurt.
David Foxfire
 GM, 113 posts
Sat 8 Aug 2015
at 03:08
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
In reply to Igatho (msg # 40):

Igatho saw five dire wolves in a wide circle about to pounce on a stray calf, when she let out her booming scream.

The force was enough to send three of the dire wolves flying by her voice alone.  The Calf bounded back over the broken fence where it hopped over and back to the safety of the herd.

The fourth one bolted for the hills, but the fifth one, who was 30 feet from Igatho just stood there frozen, barring his teeth and growling, more scared than angry-slash-hungry.

Whatever or not Igatho would notice the difference hasn't been noticed yet.
Igatho
 player, 32 posts
 Baby Frost Giant
 Still impressionable
Sat 8 Aug 2015
at 17:32
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho stares at the wolf for a little. Then jumps with a quick "AH!"

But she knows her toy orc is not a very dangerous weapon, so if the wolf still stays put, she looks around for if Linka brought her anything dangerous to use. "...weapon?"
David Foxfire
 GM, 115 posts
Fri 14 Aug 2015
at 07:00
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho:
Igatho stares at the wolf for a little. Then jumps with a quick "AH!"

But she knows her toy orc is not a very dangerous weapon, so if the wolf still stays put, she looks around for if Linka brought her anything dangerous to use. "...weapon?"


Igatho discovered the reason why the calf jumped the fence.  Part of the planks used for the log fence fell, with a rather convient handle at one end.  Perfect to be borrowed for a rather immediate need.
Igatho
 player, 33 posts
 Baby Frost Giant
 Still impressionable
Fri 14 Aug 2015
at 16:08
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
In Igatho's mind: When her view pans to show the plank, the plank is then surrounded with flowers and sparkles with some harp-strumming sounds to accompany its beauty.

Igatho rushes to the fence, wrenches the plank off, and begins heading for the wolf! The closer she gets, the more she picks up her pace. "aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!"

The seven-and-a-half-feet tall baby charges at the wolf and begins to forget the wolf could hurt her as she closes distance, her destructive instincts taking over.
David Foxfire
 GM, 119 posts
Mon 17 Aug 2015
at 22:57
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho:
In Igatho's mind: When her view pans to show the plank, the plank is then surrounded with flowers and sparkles with some harp-strumming sounds to accompany its beauty.

Igatho rushes to the fence, wrenches the plank off, and begins heading for the wolf! The closer she gets, the more she picks up her pace. "aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!"

The seven-and-a-half-feet tall baby charges at the wolf and begins to forget the wolf could hurt her as she closes distance, her destructive instincts taking over.


At this point, I'm setting up a grid!  (The reason I made this Group 0 is that others can see how I'll do combat here in a Play by Post environment.  I'll be using Amazon's S3 service to insert graphics here.  I'll also post screencaps of the rolls.)

Image:  https://s3.amazonaws.com/foxdn...c+Table+_+Roll20.png

You know who Igatho is by now, the Heart Token is the wolf.

You can roll initative, and you can chose between Roll20 or here.
Igatho
 player, 34 posts
 Baby Frost Giant
 Still impressionable
Tue 18 Aug 2015
at 20:22
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
(Used roll20. Igatho rolled (16+1) 17 total for initiative.)
David Foxfire
 GM, 126 posts
Wed 26 Aug 2015
at 03:07
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
In reply to Igatho (msg # 46):

The Wolf rolled 1d20+2
{8}+2
=10

The initative order is as thus:
17Itagho
10Wolf


Round 1.  Itagho's turn.
Igatho
 player, 35 posts
 Baby Frost Giant
 Still impressionable
Wed 26 Aug 2015
at 03:45
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho yells and charges the dire wolf with the chunk of wood and SLAMS it over the wolf's head! She hits hard.


Rolled a 19 for a 24 total to hit.
Assuming that hits, I rolled max on greatclub damage (Which assumes the weapon I'm using can count as a greatclub). 1d8+3 for total of 11 damage.
Lemme know if I need to change anything.

David Foxfire
 GM, 129 posts
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 03:21
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
The Board as of now:  https://s3.amazonaws.com/foxdn...7+21_41_05-Start.png

Igatho connects with a major blow across the wolf's head, sending bits of jaw flying and breaking part of the snout, sending blood flying away to the side.

It's the Wolf's Turn...

Attack Roll:  1d20+4....

{17} + 4 = 21

Here I am wincing.

The Wolf attacks like any wounded animal would, tackling Itago and giving her a nip on the shoulder.

However, you knocked out enough teeth to lessen the bite... assuming that the wolf did hit, rolling 1d4+1 (Instead of 2d4+2 which is normal.  Igatho hit him pretty hard.)

{3} + 1 = 4 points of Piercing damage.

Igatho hears a familar Pandaren voice mutter a bit in some unknwon language, no doubt her native toungue.

Switching over to Linka's POV, the Pandaren cheers as Igatho delivers a strike out of authority, and then winces with a Shou Long-based language that she would never translate, at least to Igatho, at her age.  She hears a halfling Chubbuck scamper her way up.

She then turned to see Auciell Chubbuck pulling up a cleric robe in mud-run, holding her Holy Symbol at the other.  "I heard that somebody was fighting...oh dear, is that a Frost..."

"The Frost Giant's fighting for us, and that wolf just tagged her," Linka said.

"One Healing Word coming up," Auciell said, and then calls up some of her chi to power a guick Heal.

"Remember," Linka said, "Hug her from behind!"

Mechanics wise, Auciell is playing the role of a "Heal Bot," where at the end of each round, an anonymous NPC cleric tosses a Cure Wounds at the most hurt party member.  It's a common practice for DMs for parties that didn't have a Healer Player.  (Some of the better DMs would have a more elaborate NPC with a character sheet and a working personality.  I find that easier to do in a PbP setting.)

You have time for a reactions before Auciell would cast the Heal.
Igatho
 player, 36 posts
 Baby Frost Giant
 Still impressionable
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 07:43
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho squeals from the attack as the wolf sinks what is left of its teeth into her! "OWEEEE!" She flails like a baby throwing a tantrum, but doesn't hit the wolf. However, Linka's suggestion means the halfling is easily able to hug Igatho without getting harmed.


Attack roll: 2+5 = 7 total.
Wouldn't hit a zombie, much less this wolf, I'm sure. XD

Decided not to use Stone's Endurance since 4 dmg isn't too bad and stones endurance could save her later on in the fight. Sure I can see I hit the wolf hard, but I missed it this round and I have a healer coming.

And wow, thanks for the damage reduction.

Also, I can put the character sheet up later, but for now it's bedtime for me. XD


Igatho HP: 15 - 4 = 11

David Foxfire
 GM, 134 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2015
at 03:32
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho:
Igatho squeals from the attack as the wolf sinks what is left of its teeth into her! "OWEEEE!" She flails like a baby throwing a tantrum, but doesn't hit the wolf. However, Linka's suggestion means the halfling is easily able to hug Igatho without getting harmed.


Attack roll: 2+5 = 7 total.
Wouldn't hit a zombie, much less this wolf, I'm sure. XD


Decided not to use Stone's Endurance since 4 dmg isn't too bad and stones endurance could save her later on in the fight. Sure I can see I hit the wolf hard, but I missed it this round and I have a healer coming.

And wow, thanks for the damage reduction.

Also, I can put the character sheet up later, but for now it's bedtime for me. XD


Igatho HP: 15 - 4 = 11


Hold off on the next Attack until after I go back to your turn please.  It's the Healbot's turn.

"Hold on, kiddo!" Auciell said as she leaps up...

Auciell is a 10th level Halfling Cleric, with a 12 DEX and Proficiency in Acrobatics, so her check would be a 1d20+5...
{11}+5=16


She manages to leap up and you feel a small body pounce behind your shoulder.  For an instant you panic, but then you start to feel healing magic for the first time.


Auciell has a 20 Wisdom (+4 Modifier) and currently has 50 out of a total of 64 Spell Points remaining1.  She casts Cure Wounds Lv 1, curing 1d8+4 Hit Points...
{5}+4=9 points of Healing
Igatho HP: 15


Igatho feels her gash on her shoulder knit together, to her surprise it didn't hurt at all.  In fact it felt so warm and conforting that she calmed down.

She hears a female high-pitched voice behind her back go, "I got your back, child.  Knock that bad doggie's block off!"

Now you can attack.

1 I use the Spell Points Mechanic for all of my NPCs.  Makes spellcasting a bit easier to manage.  You can find the Spell Points Variant in the Dungeon Master's Guide, page 288-9

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:40, Sun 30 Aug 2015.

Igatho
 player, 37 posts
 Baby Frost Giant
 Still impressionable
Mon 31 Aug 2015
at 20:20
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho looked like she was going to keep throwing a fit, but she looks over at her bite curiously. "...ah?" Then swings the make-shift club at the wolf!

Igatho yells, "Thankies!"


Attack: 15+5 = 20 total.
If that hits: 1+3 = 4 damage total.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:21, Mon 31 Aug 2015.

David Foxfire
 GM, 138 posts
Sun 6 Sep 2015
at 03:01
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
In reply to Igatho (msg # 52):

It was just a glancing blow, but it was enough.  The wolf's head just arches back, as if to look straight up, freezes there for a moment, and then collapses.

Conflict Resolved
XP awarded: 50


"Beauty Strike there, kiddo." Igatho heard the high pitched voice say.  "Giant or not, you're all right by me.  Igatho, is it?"

Linka made a sigh of relief as she sees the other villagers gather around her, looking at the baby giant.
Igatho
 player, 38 posts
 Baby Frost Giant
 Still impressionable
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 02:55
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho discards the wooden beam and curiously looks at the halfling. She smiles brightly and as soon as she is able to see the halfling, leans over to kiss the halfling on the face if the halfling allows it. Of course, even if she does, Igatho's lips are enough to cover the entire lower half of the halfling's face. "Yes! Igatho!" the baby confirms before looking over to see the gathering crowd.

She grabs the wolf's battered body by the leg, stands up and walks over towards Linka, dragging the wolf behind her. On her way to Linka, she glances over at the halfling as if expecting her to follow. "Linka! I have a doggy!"
David Foxfire
 GM, 145 posts
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 01:34
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho:
Igatho discards the wooden beam and curiously looks at the halfling. She smiles brightly and as soon as she is able to see the halfling, leans over to kiss the halfling on the face if the halfling allows it. Of course, even if she does, Igatho's lips are enough to cover the entire lower half of the halfling's face. "Yes! Igatho!" the baby confirms before looking over to see the gathering crowd.

She grabs the wolf's battered body by the leg, stands up and walks over towards Linka, dragging the wolf behind her. On her way to Linka, she glances over at the halfling as if expecting her to follow. "Linka! I have a doggy!"


Even as she does, Auicell find out that juvinile Frost Giant's kisses are a bit chilly, and more than a little slobbery.  "T-Thanks" she said, hoping not to have her teeth chatter too much by the temperature drop.

After Igatho let her down, she looked over to see Igatho pick up the dead wolf like it was some stuffed animal.   At first she made a mental list of the type of clothes she needs, because she's sure as the Hells knows that a mere loincloth wouldn't do for the 'mere child', but then she saw what the 'mere child' was dragging and thought, 'Oh right.  Toss in some rag dolls that don't end up smelling like death frozen over too.'

Linka clapped and said, "Way to go!  Your first saving of this village.  Keep it up and people won't be scared of you!"

She also thought to herself.  "Make sure that the kid has replacement rag dolls.  That wolf is sure to smell."

Meanwhile

{Telegraph}
FROM: Omin Dran, Waterdeep, Lords Alliance
TO: Justin Mercrial, Parnast, Lord of Graypeak

I got your list, pal.  Tell that Drow maid of yours to expect an emergency shipment over the portals; I'll send a caravan over to you in an hour or so.  Watch your six though.  I'll be headed over to the Underdark with the AI boys*.  I'll have Delina take up your calls.  Stop.
{/Telegraph}

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA3VbDqj7C4
Igatho
 player, 39 posts
 Baby Frost Giant
 Still impressionable
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 17:08
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho looks very happy. Linka is happy for her rather than tolerating her (or scared). She squeals and cheers! "The people are happy! Linka is happy! I'm happy!" She celebrates by slamming the wolf's corpse on the ground several times, causing some snapping and cracking sounds.

She goes to hug Linka again and points at Auicell. "The little lady made my booboo go away!" She pauses as if thinking about something. "I can share doggy if you want... oh! Listen!" she shakes the wolf around and there is a rattling sound. Probably from various bones worked loose. "It rattles!"
David Foxfire
 GM, 148 posts
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 23:07
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho:
Igatho looks very happy. Linka is happy for her rather than tolerating her (or scared). She squeals and cheers! "The people are happy! Linka is happy! I'm happy!" She celebrates by slamming the wolf's corpse on the ground several times, causing some snapping and cracking sounds.


That actually got some cheers from some of the crowd, providing a chant of "BOOM!" with each slam.

quote:
She goes to hug Linka again and points at Auicell. "The little lady made my booboo go away!" She pauses as if thinking about something. "I can share doggy if you want... oh! Listen!" she shakes the wolf around and there is a rattling sound. Probably from various bones worked loose. "It rattles!"


That caused a lot of nervious chuckles from the crowd, although Igatho was too busy being hugged.  Itagho overhead a couple halflings were talkign to each other about clothing and maybe some large toys to occupy an giant child with:  "Make some rattling rag dolls as well; she likes the sounds but like you said, that dog's gonna start stinking soon."

Auicell just holds up her hands.  "Oh, just make sure you throw it away after you're done with it, dear.  We can get you some that will...how can I say this...last longer than that one?"

DM:  In a bit, I'd like to go OOC for a bit so we can design what Igatho's living quarters would be.  It'll probably speed up time for about a tenday of two.
Igatho
 player, 40 posts
 Baby Frost Giant
 Still impressionable
Wed 16 Sep 2015
at 03:27
Re: Graypeak Lodge -- 1 Tarsakh 1490
Igatho says, "Taaaay!" in her usual version of "ok". She doesn't really pay the clothing conversations much mind since she only really cares about the toy she has for now. As far as personal possessions go, anyway.

She proceeds to continue playing with the wolf corpse for a bit, sitting where she was.


Works for me! Ready when you are. :D