Chapter A: O'Malley's.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Harsk
 NPC, 29 posts
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 13:48
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Harsk grunts and continues with his meal.  He slides the darker ale Aeos himself had purchased toward the man in offering, but only after refilling his own mug with the small barrel.  "I don't do business with men who don't drink."
Aeos Foldstone
 proprietor, 501 posts
 Proprietor: Black Liquor
 In libris libertas
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 23:24
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Without comment Aeos sits, temporarily putting his drink in front of his place at the table, takes a second, then lifts the drink and takes a long pull from it, before placing it back down on the table.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:25, Sun 14 Aug 2016.

Harsk
 NPC, 30 posts
Sat 13 Aug 2016
at 18:24
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Satisfied Harsk puts down his now empty mug. [Language unknown:  "Eiun witai whearehernot ul tr, een p Erathahat Alofomou?"]
Aeos Foldstone
 proprietor, 502 posts
 Proprietor: Black Liquor
 In libris libertas
Sun 14 Aug 2016
at 09:45
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
The proprietor sits straight, considers his words.

[Language unknown:
"Ecall ather, ad omelatove ol encillsan ritoulti ol oultra-waswil pro nc Iosaenit.

Si any are ho onevus adal, era m ughee atres. N ul eners nd actherfi intiin te u wilstrtio no san o Resessichtio o Trhawe Hoites, thi hi be osenc tin adnt me proncehatconwil.

Itnath, dinshenti k linic potrio, uslo wilstible e reabe i taurnd wilce som, I acri tra ers o anthertho ec lothckti wh path ofpa
."]

Harsk
 NPC, 31 posts
Sun 14 Aug 2016
at 15:46
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
The grizzled old warrior turned foreman sighs.  [Language unknown:  "Ti ortwi Dinhisher Th artata.  Ai, An ntenceive somforill foom witit, neect u it haall cefo t man Mienc no sson eauatinot lin.  Outdayast pa tolin sintou dayantdin ortwhitineve p?"]
Xtitkk
 player, 112 posts
Sun 14 Aug 2016
at 22:11
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Xtitkk tired of the closeness of the Mannites which surrounded him rising he strolled to a clear area and lept up caught a brease and ascended. Continuing to climb until he reaching a good height  he circled the city several times before heading inland.
Aeos Foldstone
 proprietor, 504 posts
 Proprietor: Black Liquor
 In libris libertas
Mon 15 Aug 2016
at 11:10
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Aeos takes another draw from his mug.

[Language unknown:
"Mo nteourant fo ainro deressvor witainreaest ndel en ivatut li ceons nisahi. Ted be ecpl di, nte anyec ansti antresnti, daylo ivss lelo butwitearate t e mo.

Reons eratheine icaurewilnce ca noas at ho mowhre, ck om ss erebut'essave vorlinter n Newateha nti hat e wipeli
."]

Harsk
 NPC, 32 posts
Mon 15 Aug 2016
at 14:36
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
[Language unknown:  "Wh ioeite cesta son u icaearore e orestiwer riseho vorntithe ameil dimiic ershouratthe ai aider romoerfor.  Ng rired haro virta niitss ardnt wiwil n mopril t yin ofpe.  Papolo redforkor I day nd e lat ac A oreol et?"]

Harsk shoves his plate and mug to the side of the table expecting a bar maid to collect it soon.
Lt. Chala Sumner
 NPC, 39 posts
 Lt. of the Guard
 South Third
Tue 16 Aug 2016
at 00:13
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Lt. Sumner enters for a bite to eat before her shift.  She was still getting used to being in the South Third, her former position being in the North.  It was a different feel, almost like two different cities.

She sat down at a table and ordered a table full of sausages, apparently expected to be joined by some others.
Aeos Foldstone
 proprietor, 505 posts
 Proprietor: Black Liquor
 In libris libertas
Tue 16 Aug 2016
at 11:41
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Aeos nods in agreement.

[Language unknown:
"Anme m pa he k larastwer. Ll foal le reacomure ofececwe ndenteica ec nclar ca nt pl, Singil Asevpr.  Ss ourlinith tha, voressthaich il me naent etna n u lo Hisouriou Loday.

Lana a toce eventinti, et maonne eethas O icort eau tr Fingiten p, ecwhe e inglatall thmi convenreablelin ver ofhiacet
?"]

Harsk
 NPC, 33 posts
Tue 16 Aug 2016
at 22:19
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Harsk looks over to Lt. Sumner and gives her an appraising look before looking back to Aeos.

[Language unknown:  "At p Esthasthaest memoal.  Ar ofpo p atpaev.  O k chee ted artncedinratrom set virtinkor reshiswas he ha.  Allkorous, Ent hihe i reaer ni k oulpa le ilwhon.  Ent innc eswale t ei."]
Kalroth Beastrunner
 player, 132 posts
 forest guide
 human?
Wed 17 Aug 2016
at 02:13
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Rising from his rented bed in the morning, Kalroth readies himself and leaves to find some food. Looking around the tables, he quickly notices the person he wants to find and moves to join her. Taking a seat at Lt. Sumner's table and noticing the array of food meant for more than one, he picks up a sausage and orders a drink. "Good morning to you, ma'am. Would you like a pleasant breakfast first, or straight to business? Or if you would prefer, we can wait for the other man you hired before we begin. Though, I regret to say that we lost the third in the field." Though his voice shows concern for the departed, his face betrays no particular emotional response and he takes a bite of sausage while waiting an answer.
Vun Long
 player, 209 posts
Wed 17 Aug 2016
at 05:14
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Suddenlt a hush falls over the room. A pit in the stomach forms as a presence could be felt approaching the tavern. Like a phantom in the night...

*CRASH* *BOOM* *BANG* *MEEEEEEOOOWW*

...tripping over dustbins.
Suddenly an ungodly figure swings opens the doors to the tavern. It hopped into the room for it had a bucket stuck in one leg. And it collided with more than one person because there was a terrified and angry cat on on his head that just wouldn't come off.

Eventually this unholy being, that was clearly not a morning person, made its way to the table it sought. He looks upon the familiar comrade and greets him "Ugh, morning Kalroth. Did the queen bitch show up ye-EEEEEEEELO lieutenant Sumner, my how lovely you look this morning, you are practically glowing, have you lost some weight?" as his tired eyes travel around and realize the person in question was already there, his sullen face immediately cracked wide into a not-at-all forced smile and started showering her with totally-genuine compliments he pulled out from the bottom of his heart.


...and not from someplace much lower.

edited for the children by the DM :)

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:56, Thu 18 Aug 2016.

Aeos Foldstone
 proprietor, 506 posts
 Proprietor: Black Liquor
 In libris libertas
Wed 17 Aug 2016
at 11:22
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Harsk:
Harsk looks over to Lt. Sumner and gives her an appraising look before looking back to Aeos.
[Language unknown:   "U pa Fihisili ekeead.  M ave e neiser.  Fo et lin of onpetiwedi foard oneingess eartheiou us at.  Poulas, We day tr moare a m popo e alunit.  Peou wapa entstiine u ng."]


Aeos was warned, and now has seen the gruffness of the Dwarf in person, still a certain point had to be made.
[Language unknown:
"Outountediveugh sa re ce intundure Erssancon, O. Ngolti, ome k eithi shevorstaleshat.  Wa she, ave n wh alliouyin Etteesri, iv Honeasan.

Ie ble ecatol o ho t Wa. Earoervor me la Iousthta.

M areoulall ecill ek oer p tio m hoar thayinestder o thuameest wilmo kor hopr ai li.
Larwi of hick pr thonot'thivor
?"]

Harsk
 NPC, 34 posts
Thu 18 Aug 2016
at 03:07
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Harsk gives a single chuckle from the bottom of his throat.  [Language unknown:  "E erewerhis reawheiou onedernce ss p nti nc.  Foutev ou latndeyin nce nt Onsshelatleshat Ain ntithenot pe ateer at.  Thadof icwhng wi thiwi houtiolin ck inenllof ur ceeero she acecur weli enoldi iouwhiare os taro."]  The dwarf sighs.  [Language unknown:  "Ut tic Pendoswi si Eker fi ad.  M erllee aveno O seekth a comcomnti Teanul il k her lolat.  Ivyin sadin whour mo.  Enc Ac. Miivne proyinerscom ntemanrat tin."  ]
Lt. Chala Sumner
 NPC, 40 posts
 Lt. of the Guard
 South Third
Thu 18 Aug 2016
at 03:10
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Chala looks unimpressed with Vun Long's entrance and attempt at friendly conversation.  She takes a second sausage and offers Kalroth and Vun Long another from the plate after they finish any they have.  "We can speak while we eat.  I have patrol to get to.  I'm sorry to hear we lost a man.  It is a dangerous job you perform, but still a tragedy to lose someone.  May he find Takri to guide him along the Golden Road.  You have news on the attacks?"
Kalroth Beastrunner
 player, 133 posts
 forest guide
 human?
Thu 18 Aug 2016
at 05:12
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Kalroth puts thoughts of his fallen companion out of his head. Tragedy happens, as does death. Such is the way of nature. He takes a bite of the sausage offered and nods, "The attacks and then some. First, the attacks were done by some sort of mutant beetle creature. We tracked it back to its lair, killed all we found, and torched the whole place. While there, though, we found evidence that the creatures were raised, and/or mutated, on purpose by an intelligent party for the purpose of attacking us. Eventually, I have no doubt they would have used their knowledge to create an army to attack Valarez itself. After we set blaze to the tunnels, we waited by the entrance to see if any would show interest."

He pauses to take a drink and another bite, not to mention collect his thoughts. "A couple elves showed up, as expected given the fire. Also, a kobold. The kobold, it turns out, was the one raising the bugs. He claimed it was at the behest of his master..."

Kalroth pauses as though trying to remember. He taps a sausage against his lips, but eventually looks over to Vun Long, "Do you remember the name of its master? Mal something?" He looks back to Lt Sumner, "The elves knew the name and said he's the one been twisting nature around recently in the woods."
Aeos Foldstone
 proprietor, 507 posts
 Proprietor: Black Liquor
 In libris libertas
Thu 18 Aug 2016
at 11:45
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Aeos nods in agreement.
[Language unknown:
"Cewaic plic eveta ame. Etcatr kor thpro unasie ol n, ofplte Ei all ieon hiilnt o erdi rese ss fondos.

M ss inoer n reaoerate? Adlin th haplce A he atikorortortday acndni Dipela, art lo allsantio advor
?"]

Harsk
 NPC, 35 posts
Thu 18 Aug 2016
at 21:02
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Harsk shakes his head.  [Language unknown:  "Se le stavencom erecac.  Er seeve conil e eaulinall wi k strsankorrut ni a sonilleve din our.  Leeros werti os enwica ur.  Omeameers ni untica, ardundall k se nefota m."]
Lt. Chala Sumner
 NPC, 41 posts
 Lt. of the Guard
 South Third
Thu 18 Aug 2016
at 21:05
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Chala's brow furrows at the mention of a master.  "This is disturbing news.  We will keep an ear out for more mention of what's happening in the woods.  However, our duties lie within the city limits.  I'm afraid there's not much I can do about the woods."  She turns to Vun Long.  "Do you remember the name?  It would be a great help to us."
Vun Long
 player, 210 posts
Thu 18 Aug 2016
at 23:11
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
"Malph*spit*fleas" Long took a moment to spray the answer as he chewed his food. Perhaps next time the lieutenant would think twice before saying they should speak while they eat.

"*GULP* Gahh! So, the elves said this Malthese guy its some kind of shaman that came from beyond our borders. He moved into the forest and started taking disciples, like the kobold, teaching them some corrupt form of magic. We certainly started seeing signs of it too. THe forest was changing color. Anyway, we followed as far as we could and I think we have his lair narrowed down to a general area deep into the forest, but we didn't proceed because we were not prepared for such a venture. We already lost 1 man on our team, and that was only in a minor part of his operation." Long elaborated on the mission.

Then he grew uncharacteristically serious, "Chala, the threat may not have reached the city walls yet, although trust me, it's only a matter of time, if you think the city won't be affected then you are fooling yourself. I don't see any crop fields inside these walls. Much of the supplies the citizens of this city consume every day come from the outside, and those "beyond the city limits" farms that are feeding us right now are already in jeopardy. If you don't strike now, while the iron is hot, while we still have a fix on Malthese's location, we will all end up paying the price later."

And then, again like a switch had been flipped, Long was back to his whimsical self, "OK, now that we're done with the doom and gloom, time to talk MONEY! I think we went above and beyond the call of duty on this one so...maybe we might have earned a little extra something for our troubles, eh *nudge* eh *nudge*?"

This message was last edited by the player at 23:12, Thu 18 Aug 2016.

Kalroth Beastrunner
 player, 134 posts
 forest guide
 human?
Fri 19 Aug 2016
at 01:06
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Trying to ease the rather untactful discussion of money, Kalroth backtracks a little, "Oh, that's it. Malvese, or Malveese. Definitely a 'V' though. He sounded rather powerful, and appears to have it in for Valarez. If nothing else, you might consider sending a request up the chain of command to have a diviner attempt to locate this Malveese character. Narrow down his location and an idea of his power level, and you could probably hire some adventurers to deal with him. I could point the general location out on a map of the woods for you, if that would help."
Vun Long
 player, 211 posts
Fri 19 Aug 2016
at 01:10
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
"And I wouldn't mind being part of those adventurers...If the money's right" Long unceremoniously brought the conversation back to money again.
Lt. Chala Sumner
 NPC, 42 posts
 Lt. of the Guard
 South Third
Fri 19 Aug 2016
at 01:11
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
Chala puts down her mug.  "Even if I agreed with you, I'm not in a position to send men into the woods.  That would take a proposal to the council and then approval.  If I had a good deal of prove I could bring it to the Captain who could then add more weight to the argument when the council heard it.  They would be able to authorize some magic or extra resources to locate this Malveese.  Do you have any proof I could use?"

After hearing the answer to her first question she addresses the issue of money.  "If I were an independent employer maybe you'd get some extra coin.  I'm not.  The contract terms and payment were agreed upon beforehand.  Any extra duties you performed were done on your own."  She gives the two an apologetic look then passes the agreed upon payment to each of them.

Sorry for the odd wording I was typing as Kalroth posted and had to backtrack.  And then Vun Long, lol.

Vun Long
 player, 212 posts
Fri 19 Aug 2016
at 01:21
Re: Chapter 1: O'Malley's
"The reward for our extra effort doesn't have to be...monetary. Perhaps we could discuss it some more later. In private. I think we earned at least a bit of your time, no?" Long dropped a hint.

Then he pulled out some papers from his backpack "As for proof... I have these notes from the kobold, detailing and time-stamping his experiments. And I believe Kalroth took a sample from one of the mutated creatures. A head if I'm not mistaken. If this doesn't convince the council, nothing will."