Destination: Outpost.   Posted by StarMaster.Group: 0
Aimee Lavaud
 player, 10 posts
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 16:45
Re: Destination: Outpost
Aimee listens to the conversation and then looks at her paperwork again and a slight crimson blush graces her cheeks. "It appears that I misspoke. Dulcinae is where I am headed."

She then smiles lightly adding, "But I'm in no hurry to get there, so if you need a detour or two, it would actually be pleasant. I never realized how much I had missed being on a ship."

"And I would be delighted to go with a working passage, although it does appear that all of you are in excellent shape, so I'm not sure how much benefit you would get from it."
StarMaster
 GM, 789 posts
Tue 14 Feb 2017
at 17:07
Re: Destination: Outpost
Dr. Lavaud actually had two offers: one was for a research facility on Dutrissal, and one was for an orbital lab at Duncinae. Although she had a month to report to either one, she could probably take a bit longer if she wanted to, especially if she sent an xmail explaining her delay. Filling positions like that are hard to do as there aren't all that many qualified for them. It isn't unreasonable for it to take 6 months to a year to get someone out here.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:31, Fri 17 Feb 2017.

StarMaster
 GM, 790 posts
Fri 17 Feb 2017
at 22:19
Re: Destination: Outpost
Without any agreement among the crew, except for Khea and Vonon (who knew?), they talk Walter into purchasing cargo for Cassandra and convince the Count that that is where they should go.

As it turns out, a supplier by the name of Braxton Clade has a warehouse full of the very items Vonon said that Cassandra would want. In fact, this stuff is always in demand at Cassandra.

Braxton is eager to unload it on you, as it gets him out from under paying ongoing rent for the warehouse. He gives it to you at a significant discount.

9 tons of survival accessories (suit filters) at 12,000Cr
10 tons of Advanced Manufactured Goods (survival equipment--extended power supplies) at 100,000Cr
40 tons of Basic Consumables (junk food/soda/beer) at 5,000Cr
60 tons of Basic Consumables (prepackaged drink--water) at 2,000Cr
30 tons of Luxury Consumables (rare foods/common liquor) at 20,000Cr

21:58, Today: StarMaster, on behalf of Walter Zeller, rolled 18 using 3d6+7 ((1,5,5)) for 55% of listed price.

Braxton is well aware of the Count's 'problem' with the Baroness, and has no qualms about working around that. He's learned a few tricks in his day... re-routing errors, payment delays, etc. By the time it all runs through the bureaucratic grinder, the restriction will have been lifted and the Long Shot will be long gone.

He can have the cargo loaded on your ship within the hour. Amazing what you can accomplish when you are motivated.

Some of it arrives via standard delivery (pizza) van, but most comes via maintenance vehicles that are 'accidentally' rerouted or make wrong turns. There is even a maintenance  crew in the bay that is repairing the cameras.

You are ready to depart within the hour.
Sharik Kaagira
 player, 273 posts
 Freelance: ex-IISS, ex-IN
 Serious about recreation
Sat 25 Feb 2017
at 09:04
Re: Destination: Outpost
Sharik watched the exchange between the Aslan female and her Vargr male friend with a keen, if silent, interest.  At least the two of them seemed to come to an understanding.  Which the ship's navigator took as a sign of the End Times™ or some such.  But, it did give them a destination.

Which they would need to have new route plots drawn up for.  Floating through her DD/R interface, Sharik tapped away at her dataglove for a few moments and started the central core chugging on a set of revised numbers.  And then she promptly submitted a couple more jobs: to Duncinae, Dutrissal, and a couple of other nearby destinations.  You know, just in case.  Shar was starting feel as though she was getting to know how the group dynamics and decision-making were shaking down.

Then the diminutive socialite poured herself and their new arrival (and anyone else that might ask as she was doing so) a drink from the wet bar.  Handing the tumbler to Aimee, Sharik raised her own, "To new beginnings..."  It only seemed appropriate.

And since it appeared that Walter had offered her working passage, she added while glancing at the displays tied through her networked headpiece, "Let's see if we can get you an account with the mainframe."  Knowing Walter, Shar simply confirmed with him that he was going to (or already had) update the ship's roster and registry, as well filed the appropriate audit trail, "Her paperwork is in order?"
Walter Zeller
 player, 393 posts
 Merchant/Noble
Tue 28 Feb 2017
at 02:31
Re: Destination: Outpost
"Anyone seen the Count? We have a cargo and it will be here in an hour or so. Lets clear the loading bay so it can quickly be loaded." Walter said over the intercom. "Department heads, let me know if there purchases that you want before we take off. We do not have the funds yet to make modifications to the exterior but we can look into ones for the interior, like the med bay. Plan on restocking and repairing while we are in jump since we don't want to be here any longer than we have too." he added and then quickly added an afterthought.

"If there is anyone that wishes to depart from the vessel, please see me so I can settle your account with us."

As he waited for the cargo, Walter took a look over Dr. Lavaud's credentials using the TAS system that he had access. Finding everything in order, he added her to the database.

"Yes Sharik, everything appears to be in order."
Kheaiftouaw
 player, 492 posts
 Aslan outcast
Fri 3 Mar 2017
at 22:33
Re: Destination: Outpost
That Count is missing is suspicious. I know that this business with Baroness was not over so easily
StarMaster
 GM, 792 posts
Fri 3 Mar 2017
at 23:37
Re: Destination: Outpost
"I wouldn't say the Count is missing just yet," Valeska chirped up. "He and Jones went to the Imperial embassy to file a complaint... or whatever it is they do. It's like elephants mating, isn't it: done at a high level with lots of noise?"

She had been hanging out with Pablo lately, since both of them felt like they were rather useless on the ship at the moment. It only took a couple of drinks for Pablo to start telling all his war stories. After about the seventh or eighth one, she'd started to think that he was making them up... or maybe was borrowing them from someone else.

"By the way, welcome aboard, Aimee. We inventoried sickbay awhile ago, so maybe you could take a look and see if there's any glaring deficiencies... at least, those that we can replace in the next hour."

She calls up the medical bay inventory on the nearest computer.
Sharik Kaagira
 player, 274 posts
 Freelance: ex-IISS, ex-IN
 Serious about recreation
Mon 20 Mar 2017
at 20:23
Re: Destination: Outpost
Sharik simply shrugged and returned to monitoring and tweaking her astrogation calculations, "I guess we should be ready to leave when the Count and Jonesy return."  The diminutive dilettante glanced at her Vargr friend, "Vo, you should likely get pre-flights done and I'll get tower clearance."  She left the just in case off, but she gave him that look from two decades ago from just before the sh*t would hit the fan in any of their numerous pub crawls.

With the cargo already lined up, there was little else holding them back.  Once everything was finalized with the t's crossed and i's dotted, they could likely leave whenever.  Not that the timing matter all that much.  At least, until it mattered very much.  That had always been Shar's experience; one just never really knew which side of the equation you were on at any given time.

And this whole experience on Outpost has had her a touch spooked.
Vonon Ronkunu
 player, 309 posts
 Vargr and Spacer
 ex-Patrol Commander
Tue 21 Mar 2017
at 00:12
Re: Destination: Outpost
In reply to Sharik Kaagira (msg # 318):

"Right!" Vonon responds to his petite human friend, hopping out of his chair onto his feet, "I go kick the Drones. That Diefenbaker, he's been dragging his shiny metal ass, the last few times I gave him commands - acting like he doesn't understand Vargr!"

Vonon leaves the room, but his voice can still be heard, before the door closes.

"Actually ... maybe he doesn't ..." can be heard as Vonon heads down to the lower deck to supervise the Drones
Kheaiftouaw
 player, 493 posts
 Aslan outcast
Tue 21 Mar 2017
at 19:40
Re: Destination: Outpost
Khea goes into the engine room to perform final checks on the engines. "We can only hope the Baroness didn't decide to strike now. If thise hangar doors won't we won't go anywhere"
Darrel Cromwell
 player, 718 posts
 Noble (Count)
 Retired actor
Fri 7 Apr 2017
at 17:33
Re: Destination: Outpost
"Well, that was probably a waste of time," the Count says as he steps back onto the bridge.

"The damn embassy isn't as big as this bridge! There are only two people staffed there--the ambassador and his aide. His main function, as far as he's concerned, is to keep the Aslan placated. I should have brought you along, Khea--you speak the same language!"

"Oh, he was able to call up the 'appropriate' form on the computer, and had his aide fill it out, and it was 'sent' to the 'appropriate' authorities, but, alas, he was not authorized to DO anything. If there was a dispute between the Aslan and the military base, THEN he could do something."

"Cargo loaded? Ship ready to depart? Then let's get our sorry arses off of this gods-forsaken mudball!"


He flopped down in the captain's chair and wanted to see Outpost in his 'rearview mirror'.

Only after he settled in and relaxed a bit did he notice Aimee. It was unusual for a passenger to be on the bridge at this time, unless specifically invited by the captain. So that probably meant she was new crew.

"Count Darrel Cromwell," he said without preamble. "And who might you be?"
Samantha Kilgore
 player, 349 posts
 Pilot and Security expert
 With more hidden talents
Sat 8 Apr 2017
at 10:18
Re: Destination: Outpost
Sam raised an eyebrow as the Count reappeared but moved to the pilots station without saying anything, and started her pre-flight checks
Walter Zeller
 player, 396 posts
 Merchant/Noble
Wed 19 Apr 2017
at 02:22
Re: Destination: Outpost
"Cargo loaded and ready to depart." Sir Walter said. "Count, may I present Doctor Aimee Lavaud. Doctor, may I present Count Darrell Cromwell. She is the passenger that Mutt mentioned that was heading to Dulcinae. Given her medical credentials and that we have a pair of old auto-doc's that need to be updated, I extended an offer of working passage from here to Dulcinae. If the job is not what she was expecting, I was hoping we might be able to extend it."
Kheaiftouaw
 player, 494 posts
 Aslan outcast
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 22:08
Re: Destination: Outpost
"You are finally here. I will update you on the flight plan as soon as we break orbit but for now I want to leave this place behind".
StarMaster
 GM, 794 posts
Tue 25 Apr 2017
at 02:49
Re: Destination: Outpost
There does not appear to be any difficulty with departing Outpost. The flight plan is processed without any problem, and when the lift-off time arrives, the overhead landing bay doors are opened. The ship departs the hangar easily, and you are given a nav beacon to follow away from the base.

There's considerable traffic in and around Outpost, but Air-Space Control keeps it all manageable.

In less than 15 minutes, you reach the jump point.
Kheaiftouaw
 player, 495 posts
 Aslan outcast
Wed 26 Apr 2017
at 22:44
Re: Destination: Outpost
"If we continue like this there will be no planet in the sector left were we can move unhindered"
Vonon Ronkunu
 player, 310 posts
 Vargr and Spacer
 ex-Patrol Commander
Thu 27 Apr 2017
at 01:53
Re: Destination: Outpost
In reply to Kheaiftouaw (msg # 326):

"Oh yeah, Kheaiftouaw? You wanted for something, back in the Hierate, then?" Vonon says, teasing, as he walks onto the bridge, "We're headed that way, maybe something you should tell us, huh?"

Vonon sits at the control station he uses as a tactical console and scans the readouts.

"Targeting scanners report no targets within close range. All weapon systems locked down and secured for jump, Pilot." Vonon reports to Sam, then grins up at Darrel,

"Captain, Tactical Officer reports that after having just lit up the immediate volume of space with active sensors, then shut off all the weapons, we are now as helpless as a tick on a hotplate ... with a spotlight shining on it ... under a microscope. As normal." Vonon lifts his right hand in a fist, with his thumb sticking up.
Samantha Kilgore
 player, 350 posts
 Pilot and Security expert
 With more hidden talents
Thu 27 Apr 2017
at 20:14
Re: Destination: Outpost
In reply to Kheaiftouaw (msg # 326):

Sam shrugged "Theres other sectors. I still haven't found one I like so much I'd like to stay there for the rest of my span"
Darrel Cromwell
 player, 719 posts
 Noble (Count)
 Retired actor
Fri 28 Apr 2017
at 00:20
Re: Destination: Outpost
"If I read the sensors correctly," Darrel responded to Vonon, "there is nothing within range that can attack us before we jump, since the latter only requires pushing a button."

"That's a good point, Sam. I guess it depends on how much traveling you want to do. Finding a nice peaceful planet... even a moon... seems like a good goal. Except... sooner or later the universe has a tendency to intrude on your peace and quiet."

"Last chance?"

"Okay, Sam, go to jump."

Vonon Ronkunu
 player, 311 posts
 Vargr and Spacer
 ex-Patrol Commander
Fri 28 Apr 2017
at 01:29
Re: Destination: Outpost
In reply to Darrel Cromwell (msg # 329):

"Oh, My Count, you wound me terribly!" Vonon moans, melodramatically placing both his hands over his heart and rolling his eyes, "You're saying my sarcasm has no bite!"
Kheaiftouaw
 player, 496 posts
 Aslan outcast
Sat 29 Apr 2017
at 22:52
Re: Destination: Outpost
Khea only hisses in reply to Vonon through the intercom before going back to make the final jump preparations.

OOC: Kheaiftouaw rolled 9 using 2d6+2 with rolls of 4,3.  Jump Roll Edu + Eng(J).
StarMaster
 GM, 795 posts
Mon 15 May 2017
at 22:43
Re: Destination: Outpost
There are no glitches in the jumpdrive, and the ship transitions to jump-space smoothly. The lights, however, do not dim. That was only done in the beginning because ships didn't have enough power. Once they did, the procedure carried on as tradition.

The Long Shot has more than enough power.

For the next week, you all will be in your private little world.
Kheaiftouaw
 player, 497 posts
 Aslan outcast
Wed 17 May 2017
at 22:56
Re: Destination: Outpost
With the ship having jumped Khea hits the fresher and then goes to the common area to hopefully find out what the doctor is up to.
Samantha Kilgore
 player, 351 posts
 Pilot and Security expert
 With more hidden talents
Fri 19 May 2017
at 07:32
Re: Destination: Outpost
After the Jump, Sam stayed at the Pilots station trying to investigate more of the controls and get a better handle on the ship for a couple of hours

ooc
Do we have watches during Jump? If so - Sam can be on first Watch

Walter Zeller
 player, 397 posts
 Merchant/Noble
Fri 19 May 2017
at 13:39
Re: Destination: Outpost
Walter helped keep an eye on the Bridge with Samantha while the ship was in hyperspace.