Dwarven Priests and Raiding Goblin Raiders.   Posted by teslas.Group: 0
Lenny Quickshade
 human scout, 349 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 00:17
7:52pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
...
OOC:
18:17, Today: Lenny Quickshade rolled 21 using 1d20+9.  spot.

Oren the Brave
 dwarf cleric, 290 posts
 AC 20, HP 40/28
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 04:48
7:52pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
Oren goes to look, though his bushy eyebrows make it difficult to make out fine details.   He hefts his new waraxe, and raises an annoyed eyebrow.
"Anyone have any idea what those idiots want?  Or should we shoot em from here?"

OOC:


23:47, Today: Oren the Brave rolled 9 using 1d20+3.  spot.


Belkin
 human adventurer, 127 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 06:38
7:52pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
Abidin rose to peer at their would-be guests, with the... enthusiasm of the first man he'd have expected Goblins in tow, but the lack of speed they were exercising made his mind begin to suspect otherwise. Seemed Oren had a similar thought, or had a very particular sense of humor. His eyes were betraying him at the moment, so Abidin flared his nostrils to see what his other senses might reveal...

23:33, Today: Belkin rolled 14 using 1d20+10.  Spot.
23:33, Today: Belkin rolled 6 using 1d20+2.  Sense Motive.

Well, I can't really be mad for poor SM since I managed to not rank it, but the spot one I can be a little annoyed about >.>

String of pretty crap rolls, hopefully not gonna be a thing.

Can Scent give any additional insight? Do these guys smell like harmhands(animal waste), or like blood... or like they have accelerants(fire starters) on hand, Etc... grasping at straws, hoping it isn't a survival roll to pick out specific scents as I somehow didn't rank that either.

Probably too far off for Scent to be much use unless the smell is strong and we're downwind...

teslas
 GM, 334 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 19:10
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
The man comes a bit closer. His clothes are now more visible. They are somewhat tattered, but tied up at key points with other tattered pieces of cloth so as not to hinder movement or get caught on any underbrush or edges of things. "Those green little pea-shits pushed a spear into my dog. Of eight years! And my wife as well, but that was more half a favor." He doesn't laugh, either because he wasn't joking or because he's too distraught to do so. "Please, help us."


He's now 70' away. The group just behind him, which numbers 5, also close in to about 100' away. The way they are moving suggests they are all adults and at least somewhat healthy--which might be expected since only the ones able to run away from goblins would have made it, most likely. The silhouettes of the third group in the distance seem to be moving closer as well, and now appear to number at least seven. These are around 160' away.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:16, Wed 14 Sept 2016.

Oren the Brave
 dwarf cleric, 291 posts
 AC 20, HP 40/28
Thu 15 Sep 2016
at 03:38
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
Oren moved to the main "entrance" of the ruined keep and stood, shield and axe ready.

"What happened??  Yer sayin' it was goblins?   How many, and where are they now?"
teslas
 GM, 340 posts
Thu 15 Sep 2016
at 18:29
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
At first impatient, "Yeah. Goblins," and then switching to an incredulous tone, "and I don't fucking know, I'm not a fucking goblinotographer, mate."

Mechanically, he's still 70' away, and still walking closer in a slightly hurried walk.
Belkin
 human adventurer, 131 posts
Thu 15 Sep 2016
at 21:55
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
Abidin stepped up and threw his arms skyward, before placing atop Oren's helmet. "Then you're in luck, friends! We are only the forward party but come morning we'll have the great Gannon Star leading the main force of surly Dwarves, all ready and raring to kill goblins or whatever obstacles may present themselves. I can't speak... for all of them, but I'm sure at least one qualifies as a Goblinotographer. While we may be too late to save your dog, I assure you no foul intentions will go unanswered for."

GM Edit-
See below post, this might not get said, start with the orange part.

(Belkin, if you'd continue speaking regardless, then by all means make a new post and post the second half, sir.)

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:38, Fri 16 Sept 2016.

Lenny Quickshade
 human scout, 351 posts
Fri 16 Sep 2016
at 01:09
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
As the others engaged the garrulous man, Lenny faded back in the party, using the distraction of their bodies and words to allow him to slip to the left into the woods.  In a world where treachery was the norm, Lenny's backgrounding had implemented a healthy suspicion, especially when there were armed groups approaching at different speeds, and neither side seemed to recognize existence of the other.

Between steps, the archer had an arrow nocked and ready, but kept low and angled to prevent reflection of light.  Silently lifting from root to root to avoid cracking branches, circling around a pair of trees to keep the shadows covering his movement, Lenny skimmed ahead to take a better look on the approachees... nothing had stopped opportunist men from doing business with poor partners before.

If there was no trouble, then Lenny was simply scouting to ensure the safety of everyone - how noble.
And if not, having the first arrow away was even more noble.


OOC:
Lenny stealths around the side to get a better look at the second group with all the spears - they gobs/allies/gob allies?
18:41, Today: Lenny Quickshade rolled 29,23 using d20+14,d20+9.  hs, ms.

teslas
 GM, 341 posts
Fri 16 Sep 2016
at 20:28
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
The rag-tag group continues the approach, and most of them are fully visible in the waning sunlight coming over the horizon.

The front man, now 50' away, accelerates a bit more in his stepping. He gives no indication that he's noticed Lenny shuffling up and over the ruined wall of the tower. He bursts out in the middle of Abidin's monologue, attempting to yell over him. Right around Abidin's ... I can't speak for all...: "What in the fuck are you blabbering on about, 'friend', we need help now."

The group of five more people behind him are now only 65' away, close behind. None of them are younger than their late 20's, and their clothing resembles the lead man: a scattered mess of apparel, or just scraps of it at times, but extremely practical.

The second group behind them, of which now eight are discernible, but not fully visible, are about 110' away, and appear to be small-sized. They begin advancing at what appears to be full speed.

One of the men in the group of humans behind the front guy notices this, and lets out an "uhhhhhh... mates...", and starts the first few steps of a backward jog that looks like might turn into a full run.


"Away" meaning from the edge of the tower ruin wall that's surrounding all of you (except Lenny, who just hopped over it to the other side.)


You're all illuminated pretty well due to the campfire you've made in the middle of the tower.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:44, Fri 16 Sept 2016.

Oren the Brave
 dwarf cleric, 293 posts
 AC 20, HP 40/28
Sat 17 Sep 2016
at 03:41
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
Oren scowled at the mouthy human, but mostly ignored him as he looked out at the new arrivals in the back.
He put a hand on his holy symbol of an overfull beer stein, and spoke a prayer in dwarven.
OOC:Cast Spiritual Weapon.
If I can attack this round, I will.

GM Edit-
This (attempted) action is what will begin initiative. You are free to still perform this action on your turn, or change your mind when it becomes your turn (all the way down there at the bottom of the order :/ )

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:36, Wed 21 Sept 2016.

teslas
 GM, 349 posts
Mon 19 Sep 2016
at 21:22
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57

.......t.......T....TT.......t....T........t...t.....TT...........
............................,,......tt............................
...........$x...xxxxxxx.x.xxx,,xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxxxx..........
...........x.................,,,.......................x..........
...........x......tt..................t.......TT.......x..........
..............................,,......x.xx....TT..................
...........x..T...........................x............x..........
.........TTx...........xxx$$xx......................t..x..........
.........TTx...t.......$.....x....T...........t........x..........
...........x...........x....?$...........$x$...............,,.....
..........................t.?$.........L$...$..........x...,......
...........x....tt...........x.........$.....$....................
.....,.................x....?$.........$..fY.$....................
...,,,,................$$$.xxx.........$.....$.M.......x..........
.....,,....x....t.......................$BOA$.M........xx.........
...........x...........................M.$x$.M.......t............
...........x...........x.........T$.........M.....................
...........$...........................................x..........
..........TT...........................................x..........
..........TT....t......x.x$x$.....t..............t.....$..........
...........x...........x,,,,$..........t...............x..........
....................t..x..x,,,................tt..................
...........x....x...........,,....................................
..............................x........................x..........
.............xxxx..xx$.....xxxxxxx........m.xx..xx..xx.x..........
....................................m.............................
................................T.......m...m.m...................
.............................................................t....
...............................,,,............x...................
................................,,................................
..............x........tt.......,.................................
.......t.............................................tt...........
...................t..........................................t...
......................................t...............,,..........
..........,,........................................,,............
........,,,,......................................................
...........................s.....s...s..t.s..........s............
...............t..............................s............t......
.............................s....................................
..................................................................
..................................................................

Terrain:
$ - ruined wall, between four and six feet tall, full-round action to climb over to the other side, or appropriate climb/jump checks, provides total total cover, can be stood upon with Balance DC 9 check, provides high ground.
x - rubble, loose stones piled 1-3' high, difficult terrain
. - grassy
, - muddy, DC 6 Balance check to run/charge through

Objects:
f - campfire, gives off bright light 60'
t - small tree, can be walked through, no cover vs. melee, minor cover vs. ranged (+1), blocks only direct charge/run paths (DC 10 + 2d4 Strength check to instead destroy and ignore)
T - large tree, blocks wider angle of charge/run paths, soft corners, trees of one square provide cover (+4), trees larger than one square can provide total cover

Creatures:
M - Mules
m - men
s - small humanoids

WTF:
? - wtf is this?

Round 1:
19: Lenny
14: small humanoids
13: human men
11: Belkin
11: mules
 8: Yulina
 8: Brynhilda
 3: Oren


Oren raises his hands up to begin casting a spell. The situation goes from tense to... tenser. Lenny is the first person to realize shit is going down and get himself to where he wants to be.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:35, Wed 21 Sept 2016.

teslas
 GM, 351 posts
Wed 21 Sep 2016
at 14:29
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
Making the thread red for Lenny, who takes the first action! As always, if you have any questions, just let me know, sir.


An FYI for everyone: Some GMs play fast and lose with initiative order. I don't.

Lenny Quickshade
 human scout, 355 posts
Mon 26 Sep 2016
at 15:25
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
An arrow from the shadows lept across to pin one of the ambusher's hands as he was about to ready the spear for release towards the party, and Lenny's voiced cried out warning, "Ambush!  Der not friendlies!"

Even as the words left his lips, the archer was circling away from his reversing-ambush position, keeping trees between himself and the foe range attacks, and putting a bit of distance from the physical location - mages could be found in the worst of places, and as his sergeant had drilled into him, 'there are live archers, and archers who stay planted.'


OOC:
09:17, Today: Lenny Quickshade rolled 24,5 using d20+9,2d6+2.  bow/dmg.
Mv (stealth) action away to set up skirmish for next round, and avoid any fireball of the location

teslas
 GM, 359 posts
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 09:08
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
Lenny's arrow grazes one of the spears sticking up over the stone wall (the middle question mark) that completely shields whatever may be crouching behind it.

OOC: I'll roll your Hide/MS for you if you want to try to remain hidden (which is sniping). This means you move half speed, which is 20' for you. Your movement instructions were rather vague, so I'll try my best: NE, NE, E. The wall provides total cover, so there's no way to hit someone behind it, if anyone, though if you had rolled a natural 20 or had readied an action we could have been more creative.


The small-framed humanoids take off running and charge forward at the group of men. Those that can, take broad swipes or stabs with their spears toward them. It is now fully clear that they are goblins.

All of the 's's who have charged, and therefore have their AC reduced by 2 for the rest of the round, have been colored whatever this is.

One of the men is struck on the arm. "Ow, FUCK!" He seems in shock and maybe in a state of panic about this. The other four swipe at the men and, miraculously, all miss. The goblins sneer and growl at them, seeming angry that so many of their attempts failed, and look unsure if they want to continue charging toward the group of adventurers in what may be a hard-to-breach defensive position.[Language unknown:  Fiour lesredour! Paen ispre wit ai e encatishe m unfihe!]


To the east, Lenny can see a few more goblins hop over the rubble of the stone wall. The mules, having up to this point been fairly unfazed, seem to take large objection to their presence. Their ropes tighten as they tense up, ready to panic.


To the west, the three spears sticking up over the wall appear to indeed look like they belonged to three goblins. One climbs over the rubble at the north end of the old structure's wall and takes cover behind a large tree.

The second climbs up onto the top of the wall rather gracefully, then lobs a small-sized javelin at Lenny, cursing, spitting, and jeering all at once.[Language unknown:  "Us etanat thandewhi forsticon osasul, ic ectingvenounkor amethooreons ndethothe."]
10:42, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20-1.  goblin javelin vs. Lenny, -4 ranged penalty.
10:42, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d20-1.  crit confirm D:.
10:43, Today: teslas rolled 2 using 1d4.  non-crit damage.

Perhaps some mixture of rage and unsure footing atop the wall allows the goblin to pull off a wonderful throw. The small javelin buries itself into the meat of Lenny's thigh, but misses anything vital. The goblin seems to find extreme joy in this, and begins to cackle madly.

The final goblin doesn't show itself from behind the wall at all. Instead, a small glass vial comes hurtling toward Lenny's general direction.
10:50, Today: teslas rolled -4 using 1d20-7.  glass vial vs. Lenny, hail mary full of nat 20's.
10:50, Today: teslas rolled 3 using 1d8.  missed target direction, 1 = N.

However, it misses him by a wide margin, instead bursting against the small tree to the east. The entire thing is engulfed in flames immediately, and casts long shadows in all directions away from it as it begins to burn brightly. A goblin that had a vial of alchemists fire, it seems.

The goblin hiding behind the tree from Lenny screams over his shoulder back toward the wall his comrade is standing upon, and another presumed one is hiding that had thrown the vial. [Language unknown:  "E siee allon reand elhoan uswh oneestera theherure? Are el st man has adhapa unort papaan!"]


.......t.......T....TT.......t....T........t...t.....TT...........
............................,,......tt............................
...........$x...xxxxxxx.x.xxx,,xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxxxx..........
...........x.................,,,.......................x..........
...........x......tt..................t.......TT.......x..........
..............................,,......x.xx....TT..................
...........x..T...........................x............x..........
.........TTx...........xxx$$xx......................t..x..........
.........TTx...t.......$.....x...sT.......L...t.......sx..........
...........x...........x.....$...........$x$...............,,.....
..........................t..s..........$...$..........x...,......
...........x....tt...........x.........$.....$....................
.....,.................x....s$.........$..fY.$....................
...,,,,................$$$.xxx.........$.....$.M......sx..........
.....,,....x....t.......................$BOA$.M.....s..xx.........
...........x...........................M.$x$.M.......t............
...........x...........x.........T$.........M.....................
...........$...........................................x..........
..........TT...........................................x..........
..........TT....t......x.x$x$.....t..............t.....$..........
...........x...........x,,,,$..........t...............x..........
....................t..x..x,,,................tt..................
...........x....x...........,,....................................
..............................x........................x..........
.............xxxx..xx$.....xxxxxxx........m.xx..xx..xx.x..........
....................................m.............s...............
................................T.......m...m.m...................
.....................................s.......................t....
..............................s,,,s........s.sx...................
................................,,.s..............................
..............x........tt.......,.................................
.......t.............................................tt...........
...................t..........................................t...
......................................t...............,,..........
..........,,........................................,,............
........,,,,......................................................
........................................t.........................
...............t...........................................t......
..................................................................
..................................................................
..................................................................

Terrain:
$ - ruined wall, between four and six feet tall, full-round action to climb over to the other side, or appropriate climb/jump checks, provides total total cover, can be stood upon with Balance DC 9 check, provides high ground.
x - rubble, loose stones piled 1-3' high, difficult terrain
. - grassy
, - muddy, DC 6 Balance check to run/charge through

Objects:
f - campfire, gives off bright light 60'
t - burning tree, gives off bright light 60'
t - small tree, can be walked through, no cover vs. melee, minor cover vs. ranged (+1), blocks only direct charge/run paths (DC 10 + 2d4 Strength check to instead destroy and ignore)
T - large tree, blocks wider angle of charge/run paths, soft corners, trees of one square provide cover (+4), trees larger than one square can provide total cover

Creatures:
M - Mules
m - men
s - small humanoids

WTF:
? - wtf is this?

Round 1:
19: Lenny
14: small humanoids
13: human men
11: Belkin
11: mules
 8: Yulina
 8: Brynhilda
 3: Oren

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:41, Mon 03 Oct 2016.

teslas
 GM, 360 posts
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 09:21
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
The men waste no time in running toward the party further, having been inspired plenty by the points of the goblins' spears. Most take the Withdraw action to avoid AoO.

The man in the front, the one that had previously done the talking, and now the closest, is able to run toward the group and behind to the mule on the western side of the tower ruins' "entry way". He sees the goblin standing on the wall and digs his heels into the ground. Likewise, the few that run to the east stop as well. "More of them! Into the old tower! Shiiiiii..."

All of them end up next to the mules, as if to prepare to climb over the walls, as entry into the tower ruins is a bit crowded at the moment.

Belkin's turn (see the initiative order below; the person whose turn it is will be in bolded red).


.......t.......T....TT.......t....T........t...t.....TT...........
............................,,......tt............................
...........$x...xxxxxxx.x.xxx,,xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxxxx..........
...........x.................,,,.......................x..........
...........x......tt..................t.......TT.......x..........
..............................,,......x.xx....TT..................
...........x..T...........................x............x..........
.........TTx...........xxx$$xx......................t..x..........
.........TTx...t.......$.....x...sT.......L...t.......sx..........
...........x...........x.....$...........$x$...............,,.....
..........................t..s..........$...$..........x...,......
...........x....tt...........x.........$.....$....................
.....,.................x....s$.........$..fY.$....................
...,,,,................$$$.xxx.........$.....$.M......sx..........
.....,,....x....t......................m$BOA$.M.....s..xx.........
...........x...........................Mm$x$mMm......t............
...........x...........x.........T$......m..M.....................
...........$...........................................x..........
..........TT...........................................x..........
..........TT....t......x.x$x$.....t..............t.....$..........
...........x...........x,,,,$..........t...............x..........
....................t..x..x,,,................tt..................
...........x....x...........,,....................................
..............................x........................x..........
.............xxxx..xx$.....xxxxxxx..........xx..xx..xx.x..........
..................................................s...............
................................T.................................
.....................................s.......................t....
..............................s,,,s........s.sx...................
................................,,.s..............................
..............x........tt.......,.................................
.......t.............................................tt...........
...................t..........................................t...
......................................t...............,,..........
..........,,........................................,,............
........,,,,......................................................
........................................t.........................
...............t...........................................t......
..................................................................
..................................................................
..................................................................

Terrain:
$ - ruined wall, between four and six feet tall, full-round action to climb over to the other side, or appropriate climb/jump checks, provides total total cover, can be stood upon with Balance DC 9 check, provides high ground.
x - rubble, loose stones piled 1-3' high, difficult terrain
. - grassy
, - muddy, DC 6 Balance check to run/charge through

Objects:
f - campfire, gives off bright light 60'
t - burning tree, gives off bright light 60'
t - small tree, can be walked through, no cover vs. melee, minor cover vs. ranged (+1), blocks only direct charge/run paths (DC 10 + 2d4 Strength check to instead destroy and ignore)
T - large tree, blocks wider angle of charge/run paths, soft corners, trees of one square provide cover (+4), trees larger than one square can provide total cover

Creatures:
M - Mules
m - men
s - small humanoids

WTF:
? - wtf is this?

Round 1:
19: Lenny
14: small humanoids
13: human men
11: Belkin
11: mules
 8: Yulina
 8: Brynhilda
 3: Oren

Belkin
 human adventurer, 144 posts
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 18:32
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
Abidin's eyes narrow when the goblins finally come into view, he should have trusted his gut! I mean, the second time, the first time he would have opened fire on the suspicious farmers... can't win em all.

Abidin moved to support Lenny, who was already taking fire. He stood atop the rubble that blockaded their entrance and stole a glance both ways, they were surrounded. "Damn good plan, I hate to say." Lifting his gauntleted hand, Abidin conjured a small black-and-purple flame which he lobbed off toward the closest foe he could see without cover, or with the least amount of cover. (60ft range limit)

11:06, Today: Belkin rolled 17 using 1d20+10.  Knowledge Devotion(Gobbos).
http://alcyius.com/dndtools/fe...ion--1727/index.html
Belkin sports a +2 to att/dam vs Goblins for the battle

11:31, Today: Belkin rolled 14,6 using d20+6,d6+2.  Eldritch Blast(RTA), +2 Know Devotion.
teslas
 GM, 368 posts
Mon 3 Oct 2016
at 17:55
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
Belkin clambers up the pile of rubble that makes up the northern "door" of the tower ruins and blasts of a shot of arcane energy into the dusk air. His target, a goblin, obscured heavily from him by the mossy stone wall between he and it, shrieks as it jumps away from the eldritch blast that hits the ground just behind it.

Attacked the goblin to the east, at the edge of his range.

A few of the other goblins' eyes widen, not quite sure what to make of such a display.


Sneering and yelling and hooping and hollering can be heard from the south in the distance. Those that are keen-sighted might be able to make out some more approaching silhouettes. It doesn't take a goblinotologist to hear that they are probably also goblinoids.

Move action Spot check to attempt to see more. They are south of the map area, approaching quickly.


The mules are clearly extremely unsettled by what has transpired thus far, but none make an outright attempt to break their ropes and make a run for it.



.......t.......T....TT.......t....T........t...t.....TT...........
............................,,......tt............................
...........$x...xxxxxxx.x.xxx,,xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxxxx..........
...........x.................,,,.......................x..........
...........x......tt..................t.......TT.......x..........
..............................,,......x.xx....TT..................
...........x..T...........................x............x..........
.........TTx...........xxx$$xx......................t..x..........
.........TTx...t.......$.....x...sT.......L...t.......sx..........
...........x...........x.....$...........$B$...............,,.....
..........................t..s..........$...$..........x...,......
...........x....tt...........x.........$.....$....................
.....,.................x....s$.........$..fY.$....................
...,,,,................$$$.xxx.........$.....$.M......sx..........
.....,,....x....t......................m$.OA$.M.....s..xx.........
...........x...........................Mm$x$mMm......t............
...........x...........x.........T$......m..M.....................
...........$...........................................x..........
..........TT...........................................x..........
..........TT....t......x.x$x$.....t..............t.....$..........
...........x...........x,,,,$..........t...............x..........
....................t..x..x,,,................tt..................
...........x....x...........,,....................................
..............................x........................x..........
.............xxxx..xx$.....xxxxxxx..........xx..xx..xx.x..........
..................................................s...............
................................T.................................
.....................................s.......................t....
..............................s,,,s........s.sx...................
................................,,.s..............................
..............x........tt.......,.................................
.......t.............................................tt...........
...................t..........................................t...
......................................t...............,,..........
..........,,........................................,,............
........,,,,......................................................
........................................t.........................
...............t...........................................t......
..................................................................
..................................................................
..................................................................

Terrain:
$ - ruined wall, between four and six feet tall, full-round action to climb over to the other side, or appropriate climb (DC 5, to climb 5' up)/jump checks, provides total total cover, can be stood upon with Balance DC 9 check (failure by more than 5 makes you fall off, to either random side, prone).
x - rubble, loose stones piled 1-3' high, difficult terrain
. - nice and grassy
, - muddy, DC 6 Balance check to run/charge through

Objects:
f - campfire, gives off bright light 60'
t - burning tree, gives off bright light 60'
t - small tree, can be walked through, no cover vs. melee, minor cover vs. ranged (+1), blocks only direct charge/run paths (DC 10 + 2d4 Strength check to instead destroy and ignore)
T - large tree, blocks wider angle of charge/run paths, soft corners, trees of one square provide cover (+4), trees larger than one square can provide total cover

Players:
B - on difficult terrain (x)

Creatures:
M - Mules
m - men
s - goblins

Round 1:
19: Lenny
14: small humanoids
13: human men
11: Belkin
11: mules
 8: Yulina
 8: Brynhilda
 3: Oren

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:21, Mon 03 Oct 2016.

Yulina Dontarrio
 player, 122 posts
Mon 3 Oct 2016
at 23:22
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
Yulina wrinkles her nose and draws her crossbow as she backs towards the wall, away from the approaching rabble. "Loathsome creatures..."

Taking note of the increasing numbers of their guests and assailants, she opts for caution. Muttering a few archaic phrases Yulina wills intertwining bands of soft orange light to encircle her form, constricting until the glow fades as the bands fall into herself.

Move North 10' and draw light xbow.
Extended Mage Armor | +4 Armor Bonus to AC / 10 hour duration

Brynhilda Skarsdotter
 human barbarian, 77 posts
Wed 5 Oct 2016
at 00:11
7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
The group was in a good position behind the wall. It provided some defense from their attackers.  The barbarian drew her bow and notched an arrow.  She took aim at the goblin in the north eastern area.  He seemed foolish enough to be advancing without cover.


20:09, Today: Brynhilda Skarsdotter rolled 15 using 1d20+6.  Attack with arrow.
20:11, Today: Brynhilda Skarsdotter rolled 4 using 1d8+3.  Arrow Damage.

GM Edit-
There was some confusion on the map. Rolls from this action used below, but the movement differs from this post.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:29, Thu 06 Oct 2016.

Oren the Brave
 dwarf cleric, 299 posts
 AC 20, HP 40
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 12:06
Re: 7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
<quote Oren the Brave>
Oren scowled at the mouthy human, who had begged for help but then treated them like moronic scullery maids, but mostly ignored him  ,as he looked out at the new arrivals in the back.
He put a hand on his holy symbol of an overfull beer stein, and spoke a prayer in dwarven.
OOC:Cast Spiritual Weapon.
 Oren the Brave rolled 4 using 1d8+1.  axe damage.

Oren the Brave rolled 21 using 1d20+6.  spiritual axe.

Attacking the one directly in his front, and one space to the right

teslas
 GM, 375 posts
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 19:28
Re: 7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
The burly woman draws her composite bow as she steps out onto the pile of rubble that provides a poor substitute for a doorway in front of Oren. She stretches back the large thing, then lets an arrow loose at one of the approaching goblins. The creature is able to see the bow leveled towards it, and swivels in instinctive terror at the sound of the twang. It sinks longways into its side, deep, but does not bring it down.

Just after, Oren manifests the forceful will of divine punishment at another. It cuts deeply into the goblin's shoulder, and much like Bryn's arrow, wounds it gravely, but it is able to remain standing.

Some of the goblins that were previously this color are now back to their "normal" colors for the sake of faster editing, which they shouldn't quite be until after Lenny's turn. However, they're all on the other side of the tower, and Lenny's got his own problems up top.


.......t.......T....TT.......t....T........t...t.....TT...........
............................,,......tt............................
...........$x...xxxxxxx.x.xxx,,xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxxxx..........
...........x.................,,,.......................x..........
...........x......tt..................t.......TT.......x..........
..............................,,......x.xx....TT..................
...........x..T...........................x............x..........
.........TTx...........xxx$$xx......................t..x..........
.........TTx...t.......$.....x...sT.......L...t.......sx..........
...........x...........x.....$...........$A$...............,,.....
..........................t..s..........$..Y$..........x...,......
...........x....tt...........x.........$.....$....................
.....,.................x....s$.........$..f..$....................
...,,,,................$$$.xxx.........$.....$.M......sx..........
.....,,....x....t......................m$.O.$.M.....s..xx.........
...........x...........................Mm$B$mMm......t............
...........x...........x.........T$......m..M.....................
...........$...........................................x..........
..........TT...........................................x..........
..........TT....t......x.x$x$.....t..............t.....$..........
...........x...........x,,,,$..........t...............x..........
....................t..x..x,,,................tt..................
...........x....x...........,,....................................
..............................x........................x..........
.............xxxx..xx$.....xxxxxxx..........xx..xx..xx.x..........
..................................................s...............
................................T.................................
.....................................s.......................t....
..............................s,,,s........s.sx...................
................................,,.s..............................
..............x........tt.......,.................................
.......t.............................................tt...........
...................t..........................................t...
......................................t...............,,..........
..........,,........................................,,............
........,,,,......................................................
........................................t.........................
...............t...........................................t......
..................................................................
..................................................................
..................................................................

Terrain:
$ - ruined wall, between four and six feet tall, full-round action to climb over to the other side, or appropriate climb (DC 5, to climb 5' up)/jump checks, provides total total cover, can be stood upon with Balance DC 9 check (failure by more than 5 makes you fall off, to either random side, prone).
x - rubble, loose stones piled 1-3' high, difficult terrain
. - nice and grassy
, - muddy, DC 6 Balance check to run/charge through

Objects:
f - campfire, gives off bright light 60'
t - burning tree, gives off bright light 60'
t - small tree, can be walked through, no cover vs. melee, minor cover vs. ranged (+1), blocks only direct charge/run paths (DC 10 + 2d4 Strength check to instead destroy and ignore)
T - large tree, blocks wider angle of charge/run paths, soft corners, trees of one square provide cover (+4), trees larger than one square can provide total cover

Players:
A - on difficult terrain (x)
B - on difficult terrain (x)

Creatures:
M - Mules
m - men
s - goblins

Round 2:
19: Lenny
14: small humanoids
13: human men
11: Belkin
11: mules
 8: Yulina
 8: Brynhilda
 3: Oren
 3: Spiritual Weapon

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:20, Sun 16 Oct 2016.

Lenny Quickshade
 human scout, 356 posts
Tue 11 Oct 2016
at 22:37
Re: 7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
Lenny's form reflected momentarily as he lept across a gap between trees, and the archer released another arrow mid-stride, snapping a shot at the goblin to the east of him.  The vial-throwing goblin would be fun, but not seeing an enemy toting a very volatile and vulnerable weapon, the party's skirmisher shot the foe nearest to him, and circled to put more distance between them until he felt, arbitrarily, that the distance would trigger his ability provide the prime position to snap another strike against a distracted goblinoid.


OOC: I do find the text maps difficult to read, and am just back from hospital again, so if there's no goblin east of Lenny, I clear meant west.  Or north.  South is just plain out.  Damn southerners.

Out of hospital again.
Specialist is hopeful.  Let me sleep.  I liked that.

teslas
 GM, 382 posts
Sun 16 Oct 2016
at 20:30
Re: 7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
Lenny's action isn't quite possible, but I'll take it to the best of my ability using his post as inspiration under the current circumstances:

Lenny quickly steps by the flaming tree and circles clockwise around the tower foundation ruins, popping an arrow off at the goblin that started off to his east, but is now to his northeast at the end of his movement.
00:29, Wed 12 Oct: Lenny Quickshade rolled 17,8 using d20+9,2d6+2.  bow/dmg.
The arrow flies straight and lands in the center of the neck of his target. The goblin drops like a sack of potatoes and makes some unpleasant gurgling noises.


The goblin being attacked by Oren's summoned weapon loses his nerve and bolts away to the northeast.
Run action, out of range of the spell, and off of the map for that matter. The spiritual weapon will need to be redirected on Oren's next Move action, or will just float back to him and hover, waiting for a command.

The goblin with Bryn's arrow in its side limps forward and stands behind the meager cover a small tree provides. As it does so, it draws a javelin, then lobs it toward Bryn.
21:58, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d20.  injured goblin desperation jav vs. bryn.
It clatters against the ruined stonework of the tower foundation.


The goblin from behind the wall where the alchemist fire came from climbs over the rubble just to the south of it and makes its way toward the tower ruins out in the open. In one of its hands is a quickly-assmembled grouping of alchemists fire tied together with twine. He looks as if a bit of doubt flashes across his face, then lets it fly toward the interior of the tower nonetheless.
22:08, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d20-4.  -4 imp. weapon, -2 ranged penalty @ Oren.
And even if that did hit, he'd have a 50% miss chance to roll as well because he's too short to see Oren, whbo is also short :p
The jumble of vials misses Oren, saving him from the brunt of the conflagration, but lands at his feet nonethless. A flash of fire engulfs both he and Bryn for a moment, but quickly subsides, leaving the smell of burnt hair in the air and the two of them looking singed, but not gravely burnt.
4 damage to Bryn and Oren.
Over the goblin's shoulder is a thick leather sack, and in its other hand it holds a spear.


All of the goblins to the south charge forward, one coming far enough to attempt to strike at Bryn with its spear.
22:17, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+4.  goblin spear charge vs. bryn.
22:19, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d6.  damage.

Which it does to some good effect, driving the tip into the meat of her arm. It cackles with glee.

Another attempts to do the same, but some rubble in its path stops it from being coordinated enough to thrust at her once it gets within range.
Difficult terrain blocked charge path.


The two goblins left alive to the east both charge Lenny.
22:21, Today: teslas rolled 24 using 1d20+4.  goblin charge vs. lenny 1/2.
22:21, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+4.  crit confirm.
22:22, Today: teslas rolled 1 using 1d6.  1/2 damage.
22:22, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+4.  goblin charge vs. lenny 2/2.

The first spear is pointed directly at Lenny's eye, and Lenny realizes it is unavoidable, causing him to rotate and flinch to mitigate it to nothing but a relatively gentle grazing blow across the hardest part of the back of his head. This distraction almost allows the lithe vagabond to be struck a second time by the other goblin, if not for his quick footwork enabling him to dodge it at the last moment.


The two goblins to the west run forward, one stopping outside of the tower ruins, and one circling behind Lenny. The goblin that had missed Lenny just a half second before spits and screams. It seems as if Abidin's presence and production of an arcane blast distracted the timing of the goblin's attempt at flanking Lenny for his comrades.



.......t.......T....TT.......t....T........t...t.....TT...........
............................,,......tt............................
...........$x...xxxxxxx.x.xxx,,xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxxxx..........
...........x.................,,,.......................x..........
...........x......tt..................t.......TT.......x..........
..............................,,......x.xx....TT..................
...........x..T...........................x............x..........
.........TTx...........xxx$$xx......................t..x..........
.........TTx...t.......$.....x....T........s..t.......sx..........
...........x...........x.....$...........$A$...............,,.....
..........................t..$.........s$...$L.s.......x...,......
...........x....tt...........x.........$.....$.s..................
.....,.................x.....$.........$..fY.$....................
...,,,,................$$$.xxx..s.....s$.....$.M.......x..........
.....,,....x....t......................m$.O.$.M........xx.........
...........x...........................Mm$B$mMm......t............ -> injured goblin to the east of here
...........x...........x.........T$......m..M.....................
...........$........................s.....s.s..........x..........
..........TT...........................................x..........
..........TT....t......x.x$x$.....t......s.......t.....$..........
...........x...........x,,,,$..........t...............x..........
....................t..x..x,,,......s.s.......tt..................
...........x....x...........,,....................................
..............................x........................x..........
.............xxxx..xx$.....xxxxxxx..........xx..xx..xx.x..........
..................................................s...............
................................T.................................

Terrain:
$ - ruined wall, between four and six feet tall, full-round action to climb over to the other side, or appropriate climb (DC 5, to climb 5' up)/jump checks, provides total total cover, can be stood upon with Balance DC 9 check (failure by more than 5 makes you fall off, to either random side, prone).
x - rubble, loose stones piled 1-3' high, difficult terrain
. - nice and grassy
, - muddy, DC 6 Balance check to run/charge through

Objects:
f - campfire, gives off bright light 60'
t - burning tree, gives off bright light 60'
t - small tree, can be walked through, no cover vs. melee, minor cover vs. ranged (+1), blocks only direct charge/run paths (DC 10 + 2d4 Strength check to instead destroy and ignore)
T - large tree, blocks wider angle of charge/run paths, soft corners, trees of one square provide cover (+4), trees larger than one square can provide total cover

Players:
A - on difficult terrain (x)
B - on difficult terrain (x)

Creatures:
M - Mules
m - men
s - goblins

Round 2:
19: Lenny
14: small humanoids
13: human men
11: Belkin
11: mules
 8: Yulina
 8: Brynhilda
 3: Oren
 3: Spiritual Weapon

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:17, Sun 16 Oct 2016.

teslas
 GM, 383 posts
Sun 16 Oct 2016
at 21:00
Re: 7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
At this point, all of the human men make a noticeable change of apparent priorities.

All of them advance toward the tower, three of which climb over the walls next to or near Oren and draw shortswords from a hidden sheath from underneath their clothes, while two more strike out at Bryn with the same type of weapon they have also drawn, both landing their strikes into the more vulnerable parts of her frame, and one sliding behind her armor and piercing deeply into her intestines.
22:51, Today: teslas rolled 24 using 1d20+4.  man flank attack vs. bryn 2/2.
22:51, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d20+4.  crit confirm.
22:51, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 2d6+1.  damage.
22:51, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+4.  man flank attack vs. bryn 1/2.
22:51, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 2d6+1.  damage.


They yell back and forth before, in between, and after their assault.


Their being in trouble was a ruse, apparently (and obviously) enough, and only Oren seems unsurprised by it.


Bryn has taken quite a bit of punishment, but looks as if she could take a bit more yet.



.......t.......T....TT.......t....T........t...t.....TT...........
............................,,......tt............................
...........$x...xxxxxxx.x.xxx,,xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxxxx..........
...........x.................,,,.......................x..........
...........x......tt..................t.......TT.......x..........
..............................,,......x.xx....TT..................
...........x..T...........................x............x..........
.........TTx...........xxx$$xx......................t..x..........
.........TTx...t.......$.....x....T........s..t.......sx..........
...........x...........x.....$...........$A$...............,,.....
..........................t..$.........s$..Y$L.s.......x...,......
...........x....tt...........x.........$.....$.s..................
.....,.................x.....$.........$..f..$....................
...,,,,................$$$.xxx..ŝ.....s$ṁ....$.M.......x..........
.....,,....x....t.......................$mOm$.M........xx.........
...........x...........................M.$B$.M.......t............ -> injured goblin to the east of here
...........x...........x.........T$......m.mM.....................
...........$........................s.....s.s..........x..........
..........TT...........................................x..........
..........TT....t......x.x$x$.....t......s.......t.....$..........
...........x...........x,,,,$..........t...............x..........
....................t..x..x,,,......s.s.......tt..................
...........x....x...........,,....................................
..............................x........................x..........
.............xxxx..xx$.....xxxxxxx..........xx..xx..xx.x..........
..................................................s...............
................................T.................................

Terrain:
$ - ruined wall, between four and six feet tall, full-round action to climb over to the other side, or appropriate climb (DC 5, to climb 5' up)/jump checks, provides total total cover to those just on the other side of it, and substantial cover against anything on the other side that isn't immediately next to it (+8), can be stood upon with Balance DC 9 check (failure by more than 5 makes you fall off, to either random side, prone).
x - rubble, loose stones piled 1-3' high, difficult terrain
. - nice and grassy
, - muddy, DC 6 Balance check to run/charge through

Objects:
f - campfire, gives off bright light 60'
t - burning tree, gives off bright light 60'
t - small tree, can be walked through, no cover vs. melee, minor cover vs. ranged (+1), blocks only direct charge/run paths (DC 10 + 2d4 Strength check to instead destroy and ignore)
T - large tree, blocks wider angle of charge/run paths, soft corners, trees of one square provide cover (+4), trees larger than one square can provide total cover

Players:
A - on difficult terrain (x)
B - on difficult terrain (x)

Creatures:
M - Mules
m - human men
ṁ - human man that did most of the talking
s - goblins
ŝ - goblin with leather bag lobbing alchemist fires

Round 2:
19: Lenny
14: goblins
13: human men
11: Belkin
11: mules
 8: Yulina
 8: Brynhilda
 3: Oren
 3: Spiritual Weapon

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:23, Sun 16 Oct 2016.

Belkin
 human adventurer, 149 posts
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 05:15
Re: 7:53pm, Day 7, Month 4, 1842 A.Y.R.57
And more foes presented themselves, lovely. Abidin gathered the situation with a steady inhale, the flickering light from the fire seeming to lose sight of him quickly leaving only a light disturbance in the smoke behind. Suddenly from the void a shot of purple fire rocketed upward seeming to have the closest 'farmer' as its target. He then took off around a likely dumbfounded goblin to try and make the act of surrounding Lenny at least marginally more difficult.

Swift: Cloak of Deception boost, effectively greater invisibility until the end of my turn.
Standard: Sneak Attack(?) Eldritch Blast at the guy East of Oren.
Move: N, NE, SE, SE, ending just North of Lenny.
Free: Draw a Rapier as part of the move.


21:53, Today: Belkin rolled 28 using 1d20+10.  Knowledge Devotion: Humans.
22:11, Today: Belkin rolled 2022,4,5 using d20+68,d6+2,2d6.  EB(SnkAtt, RTA).
Slight edit, forgot the +2 for being invisible, I'd hope a FF Touch Attack, 20 would be enough to hit regardless.