Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata.   Posted by The Grey Lords.Group: archive 2
The Grey Lords
 GM, 389 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Fri 20 Nov 2015
at 11:51
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Mikkl and his fellow pirate are left a bit flatfooted as they are merely pointed the direction and dismissed. As both sides trudge off in their respective direction a low wail drifts from the front of the vessel. Mikkl's group disappears into the only visible door at the base of the spires. After several minuets your own group makes it to the large area in the middle of the deck.

[Private to Angrboda: The lettering you see framing out the area basically states: "Caution" and "Keep clear" ]
Angrboda
 player, 260 posts
Fri 20 Nov 2015
at 20:35
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Angrboda notes the signs on the deck, "These signs indicate to be cautious in this area." she tells the other two as she searches for any mechanism to open the large doors.  "To answer your question Viktor, I believe that the muppets we have encountered thus far are already dead.  Possessed some how by the spirits that attacked the ship.  Since we have been informed that there is another group I am guessing that they are the true survivors of the crash.  If we are to rescue anyone it would probably be them." she explains.
Rael Gol
 player, 250 posts
Sat 21 Nov 2015
at 17:29
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
"How much of what you are saying is fact and how much just guess works?" Rael asks as he catch up with Angrboda and Viktor "cause I see a whole mess of a situation I want no part in. So I suggest, we keep our ears and weapons ready. If these mad ones are willing to talk we will talk but if they are frothing from the mouth... never mind the fact they do not possess a mouth, lets stick with the original plan of subduing them." he grins "Hey once Viktor have them cowed and in chain you can ask them whatever you want and worse case we would apologies."
Viktor
 player, 414 posts
Sat 21 Nov 2015
at 18:09
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
We will see if they attack first and if they do, then we will knock them all out...one way or another...perhaps they are still sane and need help or perhaps they are evil alien mutant muppets from hell....guess we will find out...gets his crossbow ready and his knife positioned on his chest..just in case...
Angrboda
 player, 261 posts
Sat 21 Nov 2015
at 18:16
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Angrboda sighs, "The facts?  The facts are that this ship was attacked by some sort of spirit and that they killed at least most of the muppets, as Viktor calls them.  This caused the ship to crash on this plane.  I assume that if there are original crew members left that the spirits would want to get rid of them in order to collaborate their story better.  The biggest fact however is that I am not willing to bring any of these creatures onto the Mistress with us because I certainly do not want to deal with creatures that we have no certain way of killing, in the middle of planar travel.  If we find more of these creatures and they are inclined to discuss with us what happened then perhaps I might change my mind."
Rael Gol
 player, 251 posts
Sat 21 Nov 2015
at 18:26
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
"What do you mean no way to kill, seem pretty straightforward to me. Nothing you say imply the bridge muppets are the undead spirit control ones. Maybe the one they call the mad ones are the one possessed? that sounds just as reasonable especially considering that the mad one appear to be more proactive for violence or at least the bridge muppets are reluctant to engage the mad ones."

He sighs "as for bringing the muppets aboard it is neither Viktor nor yours call but the Mistress captain whom appear to be very capable woman whom know her job, so let her make this call."
Viktor
 player, 415 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2015
at 15:25
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Let us find these other muppets and see if they are friend or foe...otherwise...kill em all..slaps Rael on his back and chuckles...
Angrboda
 player, 262 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2015
at 05:24
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Angrboda just shakes her head and continues looking for a way to open the doors.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 391 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Mon 23 Nov 2015
at 16:59
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
You move about the deck scanning for anything. In difference to other such vessels that you are used to, there no derricks, cranes, or webbing of any kind. The "rib" bones that arch up from the side of the ship would make any kind of such physical means of moving cargo almost impossible. Likewise you see you handles, hatches, or consoles similar to those found in the bridge area. Snooping through the wreckage you notice that none of the boxes have standard webbing around them either.

Now that you can see closer to the front you can tell that the massive skull blends straight into the deck near the front. You can see no obvious doors or passages there. The entire time on deck the periodic mournful wail drifts from the front of the ship. The closer to the skull you get the more it penetrates right to your nerves. At this distance it is easy to ignore, though somewhat annoying.

[Private to Angrboda: Given your prior experience with this ship it is entirely plausible that the "muppets" can activate things with their mind. You do not know the distance of their thought communication either. You saw several stations on the bridge and with no obvious controls on the deck it is possible that the controls could be on the bridge, or even in another room similar to he "computer room".]
Angrboda
 player, 263 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2015
at 18:50
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
"Balo's Balls!" Angrboda curses, "Will you just be patient, I am trying to find my way there." she says to the skull as she passes near it, patting it softly.  "There must be a way down somewhere, maybe on the bridge." she says, obviously irritated, as she begins walking back toward the bridge door.
Rael Gol
 player, 252 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2015
at 20:35
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Rael give Angrboda a measured look and make sure to keep his distance "Wait... the doors had a weird mechanism... perhaps here it is the same. Look around for anything that looks like the eye thing of the doors." he instruct as he does the same. He also spend some time to find some rags to put in his hear before the annoying noise would drive him insane as the others.
Viktor
 player, 416 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2015
at 21:17
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Looks around...really not sure what Angrboda is trying to achieve...finds the skull interesting and touches it and listens to it for a while...zoning out a little...
The Grey Lords
 GM, 396 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sat 28 Nov 2015
at 04:30
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Frustrated at the rather spartan nature of the vessel Angrboda stalks back towards the main spire and bridge. The wailing continues to echo over the dead sea as you march away from the skull and bow of the ship. Rael looks about the area with little luck, this is just to different of a ship than you are all used to.

Angrboda makes it to the bridge and marches straight through the door that opens at her approach. Inside the Bridge, the castaways are all getting out of the couches and beginning to once again become mobile. "You once again return, is there something wrong?" the voice echos in your head.
Angrboda
 player, 265 posts
Sat 28 Nov 2015
at 04:55
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Angrboda, nervous because she does not know if her magic can hurt the spirits she believes are here, shakes her head, "Nope, just need to access the hold." she says moving quickly to the doors around for a sign that tells her where to go.
Viktor
 player, 421 posts
Sat 28 Nov 2015
at 22:58
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Rael what is Angrboda looking for....should we try to help the others or stay here?stops staring at the skull and looks around a little...
Rael Gol
 player, 255 posts
Sat 28 Nov 2015
at 23:17
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Rael shakes his head "I am not sure what she is looking for, I think this ship or this plane is getting to her more strongly than it is affecting us." he sighs and slaps his hands on his thighs... "We need to follow her... before she will do something stupid and we need to be there to help her... come, we must make haste."

and without any further comment he start to walk at a brisk pace following Angrboda.
Viktor
 player, 422 posts
Sun 29 Nov 2015
at 16:14
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Nods and follows after Rael...wonders if he should be getting his axe out instead of his crossbow
The Grey Lords
 GM, 398 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Tue 1 Dec 2015
at 14:25
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Getting frustrated by all the running around, lack of clear signs, the constant wailing, and now you are beginning to feel a slight "core" fatigue. The gloom of the place is starting to take it's toll. No one thing is really pricking you, it is the lack of everything. No sounds from the waves, wind, birds, crickets... anything! The only reasons you know you are not in a dream is that constant, grating, wailing of the ship. Luckily as soon as you walk into the bridge all of that abates. It is as if the simple acknowledgement of movement and sound helps the overall dead feeling of the place.

Angrboda is moving about the bridge inspecting each of the doorways. Standing, still huddled in a tiny group by the consoles and couches, are the castaways. They look at the commotion with an air of disinterest. Though it could be the fact that like the world around you, the too show lack of any kind of emotion or empathy, merely observing as if they are recording your every action.

[Private to Angrboda: There are only three doors labeled. The center door is labeled Computer room. The door directly to the "West" is labeled Medical. The door to the "East" is labeled Communication. The two "wing" doors are not labeled though you know that both Cirok and Berta are down the corridor to the "east". ]
Angrboda
 player, 266 posts
Tue 1 Dec 2015
at 19:54
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Angrboda sighs in frustration at her lack of knowledge of ships of the mulitverse, it had never occurred to her that might be a topic of usefulness in her travels, she stands for a second looking at the doorways and decides to head back to the computer room to see if she can get the spirit of the ship to help her with her goals.
Viktor
 player, 423 posts
Wed 2 Dec 2015
at 02:35
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Figures it is about time for a drink...takes his winesack out and takes a few swigs of it...lets out a rude loud belch and starts laughing hysterically...puts the winesack away looks for a place to sit and wait for Angrboda to do what she is trying to do...
Rael Gol
 player, 256 posts
Fri 4 Dec 2015
at 17:46
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Rael sighs "Angrboda, wait... we are walking circles... the bridge crew.. dead or alive told us where to find the mad ones. Lets just follow their direction." He knew her kind had a haughty stubborn streak but he was dawning on him she knew as little as he on this alien ship.
Angrboda
 player, 267 posts
Fri 4 Dec 2015
at 17:55
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
ANgrboda perks her head up, "Really?  I don't recall that, ah yes I probably wasn't here. lead the way please." she says happy to finally be getting somewhere.
Rael Gol
 player, 257 posts
Fri 4 Dec 2015
at 18:03
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
It take every bit of willpower for Rael not to roll his eyes nudging Viktor forward he take the lead following the instruction of the bridge muppets.
Viktor
 player, 424 posts
Sat 5 Dec 2015
at 06:58
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
yawns and gets up and follows behind Rael....Can we kill something yet?
The Grey Lords
 GM, 400 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sat 5 Dec 2015
at 14:43
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Rael motions towards the eastern door, they very door that contained the Navigational device and dark hallway. In the background the castaway crew watches with continued unnerving disinterest as their heads swivel to track your movements. Rael, for a change, leads the way forward into the dark hallway. The door slides open at your approach and leads you straight into...




The next Thread