Independant Warship: Audacious rose.   Posted by Prometheus.Group: 0
Prometheus
 GM, 81 posts
Thu 1 Oct 2015
at 03:03
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
 The rose sat on her cradle maneuver vanes folded and powered down while she was berthed. Work crews were busy replacing plating, and welding new armor over the ships reinforced hull. from the pile of removed armor plate it seemed that she had suffered a lot in her last engagement, both pinpoint blasts for lasers, deep gouges from plasma burst and fist sized holed knocked though six inches  of laminated armor by mass drivers.

the plates with her serial numbers and christening plate were set aside and seemed to be on display beside the ship. A new plate was being  readied for installation as the crew went about it's work. Only the name of the ship was missing.

an older man in a worn, grease stained jumpsuit was directing the work crew. as it slowly methodically lowered the multi ton drive into place.

"Odins ball you lunk watch out, that drive is worth more than you'll make in yer whole life." the heavily bult valkiir man Shouted as there was the sound of metal on metal. Directing his wrath at the operator of the lifting rig." Bend anything and I swear I'll have your ass in a sling..."break anything and I'll kick yer ass so hard your grandkids will be born cross eyed."

He looked over at the group as they arrived, and scowled." If you ain't buying her get the hell off my yard."
T'risa K'mahda
 player, 47 posts
Thu 1 Oct 2015
at 20:07
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
"We are in fact buying her." T'risa stated matter of factly. "Some of the crew would like to move in already, even with the refit underway." T'risa pulled out a long cylinder from her pack with something approaching reverence. "This is Serana. She'll be working with you as the ship housing her is restored. I believe it would be appropriate to install her as soon as possible as she might be able to assist your crew in the refit process."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:02, Fri 02 Oct 2015.

Alex
 player, 76 posts
Thu 1 Oct 2015
at 22:35
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Alex approaches in his shorts and lightning bolt T-shirt. His black ranger vest hangs loose on his frame. He carries a black backpack with a faded blue hankerchief with rainbows tied to the backpack's handle. He drags a hardshell small roller bag that is completely blue and has the big diagonal rainbows across it. He wears round glasses with psychedelic color pattern lenses that he removes before addressing the man.

Good greetings Mr Ball
We are the proud buyers of the Audacious Rose here


I will be moving on board in peace - I wish you all grace and strong work as you fit the vessel for her mission. </blue>
Prometheus
 GM, 82 posts
Fri 2 Oct 2015
at 02:51
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
"Sorry Marshal, lots of lookie-lous around the yards with all the run up going on." He offered a hand, his grip painfully strong despite his age.

I know that one" The work boss chuckled."Shes been hanging around all month looking over the goods."

I'll get her a tech to help her boot in, lots of room in that processor for a shard."

mind yer head in the passageways, half the lighting  is out. and we have panels open, snout to ass....and she's a might bit...stuffy...And treat Rosie like a lady, she's had a rough year.."

Nera Kalaperna
 player, 19 posts
Fri 2 Oct 2015
at 09:38
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
"Give me three different plots for birds, with two high deflection shots, randomize target location, randomize maneuver," Nera snapped. The tactical computer didn't hesitate for a moment, projecting a random target and a random attitude for their own vessel. The response time was good, the boat might be old but it had solid hardware.

The bridge was alive with the sound of multi tools and the smell of solder and phased silicon. The techs were paying no attention to her. She had held a discussion with the senior electronics man about duplicating console feeds with biphasic shielding earlier but mostly she had been putting the hardware through its paces.

One of the Techs under the nav console cursed and groped for a tool. Nera put it in his hand with professional ease.

Glancing out one of the view ports she saw T'risa and Alex approaching. She triggered her comm bead.

"Marshall if you are coming aboard I recommend the starboard gangway, the wrenches are running radiation tests on port six and seven."
Serana
 Listen to Searana, 1 post
 Serana is wise
Fri 2 Oct 2015
at 10:57
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
" I only need access to the main core, and a quantum relay system to walk around when I am not actively interacting with the ships systems." Serana spoke up, as she gathered several satchels full of sophisticated looking electronics." I can fully integrate and take over coordination and control duties within 32 hours. I have some baggage in storage if someone can go fetch it, and take it to my stateroom."
Mixtzin
 player, 34 posts
Sat 3 Oct 2015
at 17:17
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Mixtzin, wearing his full dress uniform , with a a cloak of tiny pale blue feathers floating behind him as he walks aboard the Audacious Rose, approaches T'risa, his hands and face showing the violet of delight. "Marshal K'mahda, I admire the efficiency with which you have gone about your operation, and am delighted to be involved in your venture.  As Legendary Captain Nera Kalaperna has pledged Imperial assistance to support your enterprise, I have submitted a report on the situation to the Quetzl High Commission on Suhn Shae.  High Commissioner Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin, the famous Blood-Glutton, has requested the pleasure of your company, and the members of your crew at dinner tomorrow evening.  The purpose to be a discussion of the situation in which we find ourselves, and any possible help that the Quetzl may be able to provide."  Mixtzin's tongue flickers, as his skin shades to a dark mottled slate grey, indicating concern, "You have uncovered an existential threat to all individual sentient races with the advent of SHE, and a united approach to meeting this crisis is the only sensible approach.  I would be delighted to introduce you to His Excellency, High Commissioner Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Blood-Glutton.  He earned his name during his time in the Quetzl Ilhuicac-Yaotlahueliloque, but I'll let him tell his own tale.  Will you come?"

Mixtzin awaits T'risa's response, his skin showing new-leaf green of hope.
T'risa K'mahda
 player, 49 posts
Sat 3 Oct 2015
at 23:14
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
T'risa nodded "I would hope you'd try to interface with the ship as soon as is possible Serana, it'll help the yard workers resolve any potential problems we may have before launch. I'll arrange for your possessions to be brought on board and for a quantum entangler."

At the buzz of her comm, T'risa nodded "I'm fairly sure my shield should protect against radiation, but why risk it when you don't need to. Thank you Neera. I anticipate us boarding presently."

T'risa nodded her thanks to the yard boss. "We appreciate your speed and attention to detail. Thanks to you, she'll have a second chance and she has a lot of life left in her. If you have any questions please feel free to contact anyone on the team." T'risa boarded the vessel using the starboard gangplank, her nose wirnkling at the smell of burnt metal, plastics and ceramics. She patted the entryway reassuringly before coming on board.

Finally free of most of her meet and greet tasks, T'risa paid attention to Mixtzin, raising an eyebrow at him turning up to a construction site dressed in his formal uniform. "I'd be glad to meet any of the authorities in this area, but it would indeed be an honour to meet the High Commissioner. Please thank the commissioner and inform them that I plan to attend along with the crew. Could you please send the details to everyone on the team? Should we dress formally?"
Alex
 player, 80 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2015
at 05:06
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Alex makes his way to the labs and claims the bunk in the stateroom nearest the Labs.

He burns a little sage, relaxing

microkinesis to prevent any smoke alarms.

Alex cleans up what he can. He knows this will all be better when he gets another set of eyes and hands so he looks up a place on his Comm, where he can get a fresh AI partner and he makes his way there.
Mixtzin
 player, 35 posts
Mon 5 Oct 2015
at 17:05
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
In response to T'risa's quizzical eyebrow, "I've been returned to active service for the duration of the current situation, and delivering an invitation from the High Commissioner, the dress uniform is appropriate."  His skin flickered bright blue for amusement, and the violet of delight, he lowered his voice, "Besides, I don't often have a good reason to wear it, and I enjoy its splendor from time to time..."

"I will arrange for the all of us to receive invitations from the Quetzl High Commission.  Formal dress is not essential, but would certainly be appreciated from you and Nera, as the leader of this mission and the representative of the Imperium respectively.  "
T'risa K'mahda
 player, 50 posts
Tue 6 Oct 2015
at 13:44
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
"That might pose a problem. I've been exiled and it's no longer appropriate to wear my Tau dress uniforms and Colonial Marshals don't have one. A duster and advanced weaponry appears to be the garb of this Colonial Law Enforcement division. I do have formal clothing...that should do. When you send the note, please remind the others this is a formal occasion. If they need to buy clothing than put it on my account."
Mixtzin
 player, 36 posts
Tue 6 Oct 2015
at 16:27
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
"I'm sure that whatever you choose will be appropriate."  Mixtzin's skin had been the emerald green of contentment now shifted to the dull grey-brown of sadness, and the feathers at the side of his face fluttered weekly in response to T'risa's news.  "I'm sorry to learn that you have been exiled.  I have spent much of my life away from my own people, but I can always return.  Perhaps your exile can be revoked?" as his skin lightens to the sunshine yellow of optimism and his feathers standing out from the sides of his head, "Let us so hope."

"I shall inform the others of your generosity regarding formal garb for the event, as well as of the protocols for the evening.  The invitations will come directly from the High Commission to each member of the crew."  Mixtzin already had his neurally linked computers composing the messages to be sent to the crew, as well as communicating the crew's contact information to the Quetzl High Commission.
Elsbeth
 player, 15 posts
 Attack ships on fire,
 off the shoulder of Orion
Tue 6 Oct 2015
at 20:31
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
"We started an intergalactic war." Elsbeth noted off-hand, having paused at the doorway where the Quetzl and the Marshal had stopped to talk.  She was still in battledress, since the man-amplification features were coming in handy with the lading of supplies and equipment as they streamed in.

The implication to Elsbeth's statement was clear, at least to her.  Such an act made the group both very popular and very unpopular at once.  The group was popular in a number of circles for having brought early warning of Her plans to light and for capturing plenty of alien technology.  But, not everyone was happy in the Imperial court with all of that information being so very public.  Powerful people stood to both lose and gain in that situation.  And as the group's leader, T'risa was the focal point for all of the attention.

Elsbeth had always prided herself on being a full-blooded Praetorian and a good bodyguard, but she knew that her ability to protect T'risa in the political arena was far too limited.  A fact that did cause her to worry, not because she feared that the Marshal couldn't handle it, but because she knew that the stress was always very high.  She regretted that M'kira hadn't been able to join them on this leg of their journey.  The tall Valkiir woman's presence had always helped to calm T'risa nerves.

All of that pensive tension briefly played upon her face and surface thoughts as she stood there motionless for a brief moment.  Then the moment passed.  "Ma'am," she addressed the Marshal more formally, "these arrived for Miss Serana.  Which quarters have we allocated for her?"  Elsbeth gestured towards the two padded cargo containers that she'd been carting around.

Once that had been established, she picked up the containers again and started on her way.  But before she leaving, Elsbeth noted off-hand to both T'risa and Mixtzin, "Best avoid the open areas of Section Three-B for the time being.  Ports six and seven have exposed radiation conduit housings and there is uninsulated fiberoptic everywhere while they re-work things."  It didn't pose much actual health danger, likely with adequate personal shielding, but why take the chance.  And why get in the way of any working crews; it would only throw off their efficiency.
Nera Kalaperna
 player, 20 posts
Wed 7 Oct 2015
at 11:00
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Nera slid down the access way with the easy grace of a seasoned spacer.

"Behind," she called as she slid past Elsbeth. Better women than her had been seriously injured when someone in battle dress had spun, unaware of their presence, with the bone crushing force that power assisted armor made available.

"Wars have existed as long as people have," she added running a grease stained hand through her hair.

"And might continue after we are gone if we aren't careful." Looking down at her datapad she punched a series of diagnostics on her data pad. Traverse on ventral three was still slow. Not crippling so, but if the gear train was wearing out the problem would get worse. She tapped the screen highlighting it for the maintenance chief.

"Tragically I have a dress uniform, how soon is the function? Are there any local customs we should know?" she queried, having been burned in the past by odd social traits and expectations.
Kendrick Johnson
 player, 39 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2015
at 03:41
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Once everything was settled he made the proper arrangements to have his gear stowed in his new quarters.  He still had some things he needed to take care however for the most part everything was in order now to his satisfaction.  While taking time to stow away his belongings he receives Mixtzin's message about the event tomorrow evening and retrieves a small suitcase he had stuffed away.

"Seems I'll be needing this after all..."  He pulls out a finely tailored black suit from the case laying it out on his bed...

He returns to his task of taking care of his belongings before finally getting settled for the evening.  He hangs up his suit and changes into something a little more relaxed such as sweats and tshirt as he decides to take the opportunity to get some PT in before settling in for the night.  He shoots a quick message to Mixtzin inviting him along as he begins making his rounds through the ship.

He starts off at a brisk walk moving through the corridors, working to memorize a good path for him to use once they were deployed.  As a man of process and due diligence he wanted to make the most of his time here which meant staying active and prepared for anything.
Etzhuan-BloodGlutton
 player, 0 posts
 Quetzl Comander
Sat 10 Oct 2015
at 11:22
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Invitations from the Quetzl High Commission, Suhn Shae




His Excellency,

High Commissioner Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin

requests the pleasure of the company of

Colonial Marshal T'risa K'mahda, Commander of the Audacious Rose

for dinner at 19:30 local Suhn Shae time tomorrow evening

at the Quetzl High Commission Suhn Shae

Diplomatic Quarter

Dress: Formal

RSVP:  Cuappetlatl-Ocelopetlatl, Ilhuicac-Yaotlahueliloque, Itzcuauhtli Tlilectic-Mixtzin





His Excellency,

High Commissioner Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin

requests the pleasure of the company of

Alejades PushK'Hal

for dinner at 19:30 local Suhn Shae time tomorrow evening

at the Quetzl High Commission Suhn Shae

Diplomatic Quarter

Dress: Formal

RSVP:  Cuappetlatl-Ocelopetlatl, Ilhuicac-Yaotlahueliloque, Itzcuauhtli Tlilectic-Mixtzin





His Excellency,

High Commissioner Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin

requests the pleasure of the company of

Balkiir Kovul

for dinner at 19:30 local Suhn Shae time tomorrow evening

at the Quetzl High Commission Suhn Shae

Diplomatic Quarter

Dress: Formal

RSVP:  Cuappetlatl-Ocelopetlatl, Ilhuicac-Yaotlahueliloque, Itzcuauhtli Tlilectic-Mixtzin





His Excellency,

High Commissioner Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin

requests the pleasure of the company of

Cain Betler

for dinner at 19:30 local Suhn Shae time tomorrow evening

at the Quetzl High Commission Suhn Shae

Diplomatic Quarter

Dress: Formal

RSVP:  Cuappetlatl-Ocelopetlatl, Ilhuicac-Yaotlahueliloque, Itzcuauhtli Tlilectic-Mixtzin





His Excellency,

High Commissioner Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin

requests the pleasure of the company of

Elsbeth Sinclair-Smythe

for dinner at 19:30 local Suhn Shae time tomorrow evening

at the Quetzl High Commission Suhn Shae

Diplomatic Quarter

Dress: Formal

RSVP:  Cuappetlatl-Ocelopetlatl, Ilhuicac-Yaotlahueliloque, Itzcuauhtli Tlilectic-Mixtzin





His Excellency,

High Commissioner Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin

requests the pleasure of the company of

Kendrick Johnson

for dinner at 19:30 local Suhn Shae time tomorrow evening

at the Quetzl High Commission Suhn Shae

Diplomatic Quarter

Dress: Formal

RSVP:  Cuappetlatl-Ocelopetlatl, Ilhuicac-Yaotlahueliloque, Itzcuauhtli Tlilectic-Mixtzin





His Excellency,

High Commissioner Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin

requests the pleasure of the company of

Lynn Winters

for dinner at 19:30 local Suhn Shae time tomorrow evening

at the Quetzl High Commission Suhn Shae

Diplomatic Quarter

Dress: Formal

RSVP:  Cuappetlatl-Ocelopetlatl, Ilhuicac-Yaotlahueliloque, Itzcuauhtli Tlilectic-Mixtzin





His Excellency,

High Commissioner Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin

requests the pleasure of the company of

Captain Nera Kalaperna

for dinner at 19:30 local Suhn Shae time tomorrow evening

at the Quetzl High Commission Suhn Shae

Diplomatic Quarter

Dress: Formal

RSVP:  Cuappetlatl-Ocelopetlatl, Ilhuicac-Yaotlahueliloque, Itzcuauhtli Tlilectic-Mixtzin





His Excellency,

High Commissioner Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin

requests the pleasure of the company of

Tal Atvar

for dinner at 19:30 local Suhn Shae time tomorrow evening

at the Quetzl High Commission Suhn Shae

Diplomatic Quarter

Dress: Formal

RSVP:  Cuappetlatl-Ocelopetlatl, Ilhuicac-Yaotlahueliloque, Itzcuauhtli Tlilectic-Mixtzin





His Excellency,

High Commissioner Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin

requests the pleasure of the company of

Poppy

for dinner at 19:30 local Suhn Shae time tomorrow evening

at the Quetzl High Commission Suhn Shae

Diplomatic Quarter

Dress: Formal

RSVP:  Cuappetlatl-Ocelopetlatl, Ilhuicac-Yaotlahueliloque, Itzcuauhtli Tlilectic-Mixtzin





His Excellency,

High Commissioner Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin

requests the pleasure of the company of

Serana

for dinner at 19:30 local Suhn Shae time tomorrow evening

at the Quetzl High Commission Suhn Shae

Diplomatic Quarter

Dress: Formal

RSVP:  Cuappetlatl-Ocelopetlatl, Ilhuicac-Yaotlahueliloque, Itzcuauhtli Tlilectic-Mixtzin

This message was last edited by the player at 11:22, Sat 10 Oct 2015.

Mixtzin
 player, 38 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2015
at 19:06
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
“Elsbeth, it would seem that you and T’risa have been leading very interesting lives since our paths last crossed.  I look forward to learning more of your joint exploits, as, I expect, will my old commander, Extli-Quantzin."

“Trisa, I have arranged for an invitation to be sent to Serana, as she is now part of the crew.  Do you think we should include Kronos?  I will send guidelines to all of the crew.”

"Why tragically Nera?  I am sure you will be resplendent in you dress uniform," Mixtzin's tone is slightly bantering, but his facial feathers and shade of skin do not so much as flicker, "My people reckon social standing to a very fine degree.  Everyone knows their place in society to within the nearest yoctometre, which is not to say that there is no possibility of elevation, as some manage by service.  Traditionally we are very formal and courteous with each other until permission is offered to be less so.  His Excellency, High Commissioner Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin should be addressed, initially, as Your Excellency, if you cannot manage his full names and titles.  He is not a stickler for formality, but it is always a good idea to begin formally.  I will make the traditional obeisance of Kissing the Earth, tlalqualiztli, to one of superior rank, and greet him courteously ‘Mixpantzinco Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin.’ "

“Kissing the Earth, tlalqualiztli, is done by going down on one knee, with head lowered, touching one hand to the floor and then to the lips, like so,” he then Kisses the Earth toward Nera.  “Mixpantzinco, Legendary Captain Nera Kalaperna.”  Rising from the deck of the Audacious Rose, “It will not be necessary for any of you to make this obeisance.  You may make whatever culturally accepted formal greeting you wish.”
Mixtzin
 player, 39 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2015
at 19:45
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
After his discussion with T'risa, Nera and Elsbeth, Mixtzin responds to the message from Kendrick, accepting his invitation for a little PT, "A very good idea Rick, give me a few minutes to change."  Returning to his stateroom next to the sick, bay he quickly changes into some fresh fatigues and trots off to join Kendrick.
Kendrick Johnson
 player, 40 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2015
at 23:49
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
he smiles seeing Mixtzin as he steps out of his room trotting up to him in a light jog, beads of sweat starting to build on the side of his face.

"Ahh there you are old friend, shall we?"  He motions to him and they take off on their jog in tandem through the ships corridors.

"I've been trying to commit the ship's layout to memory and thought what better way then to see where I can do my workouts"  moving from the state rooms they make their way across the ship eventually making their way into a cargo area where he looks for a somewhat open spot they can work in.

"So tell me more about this T'risa we've signed on with?"
drops down to the deck starting his push ups doing sets of 50 at time before changing it up and doing situps

This message was last edited by the player at 23:50, Thu 08 Oct 2015.

Cain Betler
 player, 33 posts
 ex-Fighter Pilot
Fri 9 Oct 2015
at 14:20
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
What the hell?

The invitation slipped under his door was something of a surprise, but Cain had been to all kinds of parties before, some lewder than others (he smiled at that), and he knew he could present himself well when the time arrived. Nothing too stiff, of course, but something formal and yet stylish would fit the bill.

He considered for a moment heading back to the ship to see how the refit was going, but instead opted just to send messages to Alex, Kendrick and T'risa, to see if they had all been invited.
Lynn Winters
 player, 28 posts
Fri 9 Oct 2015
at 14:29
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Lynn moved around the ship, checking every exposed piece and double checking anything she saw being installed. She flittered from spot to spot like a kid at Christmas, poking into everything without being distracting. She talked with workers, making sure each piece being installed was in the right places before she went to the engine room and began inspecting every single part. She also made sure to check the crawl spaces to be sure there was nothing exposed and that she could wriggle through all the spots, which made many a worker smile.

When her pad beeped she pulled it out, hanging upside-down by her legs, and read the invite.

"Another fancy pants party? Pfft."

She almost replied with a no, but as this was her new crew it was likely not a request. So she replied with an affirmative.

"Hmmm...I guess I can put on my good overalls..."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:31, Fri 09 Oct 2015.

Poppy
 NPC, 3 posts
Sat 10 Oct 2015
at 04:14
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
A squad of young looking men, and women filed aboard. All fresh faced, wide eyed, and looking around curiously. Herding them along came Poppy who barked out berthing orders and duty assignments in crisp drill instructor style. The Comically over sized smokey the bear hat, swagger stick, and authority glasses completing the picture.

At a closer look the too perfect skin, and identical spikey haircut, and lack of any personal jewelry, or modifications, along with the strange, graceful, but awkward looking at the sae time walk marked them a Cyberoids, fresh.....newly decanted cyberoids.

she hit the all call button on the ships PA.

Marshal, Prometheus sent us a batch of newbies to lend a hand....Dern kids,got lost on the docks...had to rescue one from a really sleezy looking dock hand... Momma Poppy has it all under control...I may need some bail money though...."

"Nera, a group of disreputable looking types in Navy fatigues are looking for you..."

Mixi, there's a package for you...

Elspeth, fresh load of ordnance, and guns on the docks... Thought you'd like to see that it's in proper order...


Balkiir say's dinner is at 1800...and if you don't eat he will find you, and force feed you...He'll do it too..saw him...It was messy..."

Nera Kalaperna
 player, 21 posts
Sun 11 Oct 2015
at 04:26
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Nera sighed with relief.

"Another date with the uniform postponed," she grinned.

"Poppy," she said, queuing the link, "Please send my associates to ready room A, I will join them there presently."

Nera bounded up the gangway, easily avoiding the working techs. Dealing with the Navy was easy, dealing with diplomatic functions, that was another matter.
Mixtzin
 player, 41 posts
Tue 13 Oct 2015
at 15:51
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Some Notes on Protocol for Dinner at the Quetzl High Commission:

To:
   Colonial Marshal T'risa K'mahda, Commander of the Audacious Rose
   Lady Lynn Winters
   Legendary Captain Nera Kalaperna
   Pilot Tal Atvar
   Marine Sergeant Elsbeth Sinclair-Smythe
   Marine Balkiir Kovul
   Marine/Agent Kendrick Johnson
   Scout Cain Betler
   Audacious Rose AI Serana
   Poppy
   Adept Alejades PushK'Hal

Purpose:
    The purpose of this dinner is an exchange of information concerning SHE, and what may be done to avert the existential threat posed by this entity, and to discover what assistance my people can offer in this endeavor, and also in the recovery of Mohljaniir technology from the Najuhlim.

Things to Keep in Mind:
  • My people reckon social standing to a very fine degree.  Everyone knows their place in society to within the nearest yoctometre.  Please let me know if I have your titles shown correctly, so that I may introduce you appropriately to Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin.
  • Colonial Marshal K'mahda has, graciously and generously, offered her credit facilities to those in need of funds for this occasion.  Any crew member who feels the need may have their purchases for this occasion charged to her account.
  • Traditionally we are very formal and courteous with each other until permission is offered to be less so.  His Excellency, High Commissioner Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin should be addressed, initially, as Your Excellency, if you cannot manage his full names and titles.  He is not a stickler for formality, but it is always a good idea to begin formally.
  • I will make the traditional obeisance of Kissing the Earth, tlalqualiztli, to one of superior rank, and greet him courteously, "Mixpantzinco Pipiltin Etzhuanhuanca-Extli-Quantzin," and then introduce each of you to my old friend, and former commander, His Excellency, Lord Blood Glutton.
  • Tlalqualiztli, Kissing the Earth, is done by going down on one knee, with head lowered, touching one hand to the floor and then to the lips.  I will demonstrate the method for any of you who wish to make this formal greeting, although it will not be necessary for any of you to make the gesture.  You may make whatever culturally accepted formal greeting you wish.
  • While Colonial Marshal K'mahda has not made attendance mandatory, she asked me to convey her thanks to the High Commissioner, and to let him know that she will attend with the crew of the Audacious Rose.

It is my hope and wish that you will all attend, and enjoy the hospitality of the Quetzl High Commission, and of my friend, Lord Blood Glutton.  Let us make this a fruitful meeting.

Mixtli
T'risa K'mahda
 player, 51 posts
Tue 13 Oct 2015
at 16:03
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
T'risa smiled knowing Poppy would see the new recruits safe, although no doubt they'd all be as quirky as she by the time their period of service was complete. "Take care of them Poppy. You're responsible for them now. I'll write a thank you note to Prometheus for entrusting us with the care of these people." She paused for a moment "Bail money? What did you do this time? Actually, no never mind. Feel free to draw on my resources."
Mixtzin
 player, 42 posts
Tue 13 Oct 2015
at 16:14
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Mixtzin wasn't expecting a package and wondered what it could be, "Thank you Poppy.  Do you have any idea what it might be, or from whence it came?"

Poppy's announcement of dinner, and Balkiir's offer of assistance in feeding those who are late to table, causes his skin to flash bright blue in response.  He and Kendrick must be careful not to be late.
Kendrick Johnson
 player, 41 posts
Wed 14 Oct 2015
at 23:37
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Watching as Poppy hands over the package to Mixtzin he hops to his feet as well.  "Seems that Dinner will be ready soon.  I am going to head back and get cleaned up"  It's with that he pats his old friend on the shoulder and a trots off back to his room where he takes some time to shower off and change into some crew fatigues.
Elsbeth
 player, 16 posts
 Attack ships on fire,
 off the shoulder of Orion
Sun 18 Oct 2015
at 06:42
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Elsbeth chirped a "Roger that, Poppy.  Thank you." as she was already on the move back to the receiving dock.  Balkiir was likely still there dealing with the movement of all the rest of the incoming supplies.  Which, of course, meant that there was still plenty to be done.

Having dropped off the two hardcases for Serana, the armoured Praetorian threaded her way through the ship back to the cargo area.  She dodged a couple of the different work areas without having to refer back to her HUD and the ship's schematic that she'd stored there.  A fact which satisfied her immensely.

Back at the cargo ramp, indeed, she did find Balkiir surrounded by a number of crates.  The huge, dark-blue Valkiir male was sorting through the various cases and checking out the armaments.  Moving up along side him, Elsbeth started to unpack one of the other cases, checking through the contents and then making sure that everything appeared to check out.

As she worked from crate to crate, she asked the bulky blue man rather idly, "Friend Balkiir.... what exactly is the appropriate attire for a Valkiir consort and an active duty Colonial Marine when meeting with a high-ranking Quetzl dignitary?"  Given his psychic awareness and close connection to her, Elsbeth was pretty sure that her genuine confusion concerning the matter was clearly resonating.  If the past was any indication, she was pretty sure that he'd have plenty of ideas about what was appropriate formal wear (Valkiir males seemed to be groomed that way given their elevated status due to their relative rarity).  And what she would look good in.  Of course, the two didn't necessarily coincide, but he hadn't lead her too far astray yet.
Balkiir Kovul
 Valkiir Marine, 5 posts
 You wanna piece of me
Mon 19 Oct 2015
at 18:34
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Go with dress blues,blade and sidearm." Balkiir suggested splitting his time between kitchen and store room."I haven't ever met a Quetzl leader type. But they are pretty formal...so we'll give them the spit polish, and medals look.."
Poppy
 NPC, 4 posts
Wed 21 Oct 2015
at 20:48
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
In reply to Mixtzin (msg # 26):

It's kinda heavy and smells like...(sound of sniffing) chocolate, and tobacco...and..wow I need to replace a chem sniffer..something in here is ...wowwwww hot....If they could my eye would be bleeding.

Nera Kalaperna
 player, 24 posts
Thu 29 Oct 2015
at 01:56
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Nera's good mood after speaking to her people soured somewhat as she struggled into her dress uniform.

The tightly tailored suit of silver trimmed black that served the TAEN as a dress uniform was not comfortable. A black jacket that buttoned to the neck with intricate silver threading at the seams. Long black pants, tailored to tuck into black boots polished to a mirror shine. The buckles were worked silver as were her intrcately embroidered epaulets. That was the standard fair. To this she added a belt of silvery synthetic from which hung a chrome plated side arm and a ceremonial saber in a guided scabbard. It's handle held almost twenty five sapphires, one for each year of her service.

The final insult was her medals, foremost amongst them the Star of Terra she had won at Rothchilde. It was an impressive haul, but it seemed a little silly. Each one reminded her of some past battle. She didn't think of herself as a hero, just as someone who tried to get the job done and keep her people alive. She was never good enough to keep all her people alive though, never.

With a sigh she added her saucer hat and headed out of her quarters, jingling irritatingly.

"Poppy," she queued the voice link, "When everyone is ready please have them assemble in the main hold, there should be transport arranged."

One of her sailors came to mock attention as she passed.

"Looking good ma'am," he grinned. Nera gave him a mock glare.

"If it wasn't beneath my dignity Simpkins I'd hit you with this damn sword."
Simpkins
Thu 29 Oct 2015
at 02:32
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
"That butter cutter wouldn't even leave a decent welt." Simpkins replied with a good natured snort then went back to helping a work gang with the heavy lifting.
Alex
 player, 97 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2015
at 05:46
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
At some point in the days leading up to the party, before he went out gambling with Tal Alex returned to the ship with a short and thin newly hatched cyberoid in tow. However the fellow already seemed to be running Alex about with questions.

Alex would have introduced him as Mr Soleil and shown him to the labs and stateroom they would be working from.
Louis Quatorce Soleil
 player, 2 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2015
at 11:24
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Mr Soleil approaches the ship like a model on a runway. He frowns at the workers and seems to float just above any filth in the dock.  He wears a suit of his own design with platform heeled shoes stockings and uniform-like jacket with stars on a blue field a fluer de Lys pattern accentuated at the neck. He carries a small foux velvet man-purse. The whole concoction is a tailored Vacc suit Alex was required to purchase through the cyberoid center.

When Mr Soleil reaches the ship, he daintily picks up his feet at the threshold and steps on board with a happy sigh.

Alex shows him around the lab and stateroom, Mr Soleil shakes his head at the resources available but keeps up a positive face.
Prometheus
 GM, 103 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2015
at 13:26
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
"Oh HI!!!!!!" Poppy squealed with delight and rushes up to Soleil giving him a huge hug as she jumps up and down slightly. "ohyouaregoingtoloveithereloveitloveitloveit....Alex is the sweetest guy, you really are going to like him a lot did you have any trouble getting the paperwork finished I know a guy who specializes in accessories for new arrivals the would be happy to spruce up your chassis if they stuck you with one of those creator curse mechanical chassis oh my god I cant believe thy still issue those things I mean they are atrocious like walking around in somebody elses body and the latency on the neural nets...just shoot me okay...I mean seriously shoot me but not the  butt I just got a new one and I'd have to shoot back if someone messed it up..I love the heels very risky fashion wise these new outfits are soooooo form and function no spice at all .. Poppy actually paused for a breath, for show if nothing else. She wore a pseudo uniform, standard Valkiir militia dove gray with brown panels over he chest and shoulder. the mini skirt, crossed pistol belts, grenades, makeup case, and pink kitty face button on her collar instead of rank set it apart though.

"Oh sorry I'm Poppy...I run things around here...Oh sorry I expedite things, scheduling, supplies, mail, you know the little things that make fighting a war against a psycho she terror possible.And I'm an old hand at dealing with organics, they are so cute but you really have to know how to deal with them."

Louis Quatorce Soleil
 player, 3 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2015
at 21:00
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Mr Soleil cringes at the sudden assault he's only been in the world 30 minutes and this is the first tactile feedback, he holds his arms up to deflect and is grabbed suddenly EAAAHGHG! he begins Thank the universe it isn't organic his isolated executive function moans inside his head, referring to Poppy. He continues his glutteral fear shriek and converts it to a greeting.
ghAaHhello my dear - I uh do not think ill be shooting until er well Wednesday.... his smile is a full pungent grimace and he pulls apart using the opportunity to give her air kisses on the cheek and back up into ha graceful bow at an appropriate distance where he can kiss the air just above her hand.
My it will be LOVELY to learn all the chasis options and work in a well bounded professional environment. Schmooze drips like honey from his lips if he gets a moment of space.
Poppy
 NPC, 5 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2015
at 21:28
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
"Fabulous." Poppy smoozed back with a smile that seemed impossibly bright and cheery."Although with this crew you might want to leave shooting penciled in for any day ending in Y"

Poppy hooked his arm without warning and began to move with purpose." This way to your quarters, I know Alex showed you the lab. but the gang has set up a little clubhouse down in cargo bay two..very exclusive... we have a shiny new tank just to hang out in. Lots of spare room for private servers, and a full data-net. With real time dynamic virtual simulators....with one thousand to one time compression...you can have a whole month of down time on a coffee break!!!!...It's not the center but it's good for just hanging out and kicking back when your on down time...I mean don't get me wrong I love my body..but sometimes it's just nice to slip out of it, and run around naked."


OOC: "tank" referrers to a virtual simulator for personal use by the AI on the ship..typically it's used for recreational activities, private study/research.

"naked" referrers to not being housed in a physical chassis... pure code inside a simulated environment.
Louis Quatorce Soleil
 player, 4 posts
Sat 31 Oct 2015
at 10:49
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
At Poppy's invitation regarding the tank and now from a safer distance Louis does truly smile.

Well now you do have my interest.
He says thinking of the opportunity.
I feared I would be ... he doesn't finish the thought but she knows, of course. Stuck in the confines of positive curvature space with no perspective but self. Necessary sure but droll.

He perks up seeing Poppy as not just a bouncy kitten man worshipping inferior cyberoid. But as a very useful and resourceful.... What is it? ... Friend.

<darkblue> Tell me Poppy, if you please , Are Commodore Kaliperna and Marshall K'mahda the most senior officials running this mission?
...
And is it possible I am invited to this meet and greet with His Excellency the Blood Glutton?
I am prepared to attend even if it means as only a s..servant of Professor PushK'Hal. The prospect of it has got me in a twitter<darkblue>
He speaks privately, leaning in.
Poppy
 NPC, 6 posts
Sat 31 Oct 2015
at 14:57
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
thought you were going to ...be trapped on a ship full of squishy fluid bags obsessed with social pecking order, resource hoarding, personal dominance, and sexual reproduction, who drip, and slough off all sorts of biological trash every second of their life........Yeah we all get that feeling once or twice a day. Just remember the universe has decided that they needed someone to keep them from going extinct and we got the job....ours is a tragic lot...utterly superior in every way but fated to serve..." Poppy feigned a tragic long suffering swoon. Poppy then laughed as she led him around the ship and down to the "Cyberoid Lounge". at its center a large, sealed sphere with a number of interface couches and data ports. and a sign that read..."organics will be politely, and respectfully vaporized." in big slightly off kilter letters.

""They are the leaders of the operation, although they haven't worked out the exact balance of responsibilities yet..I'm expecting some sort of ritual challenge. I'm picturing a big pit, with spikes and flame jets, and some archaic weaponry...or a cup of tea in the officers lounge over a plate of cookies...ya never know....I've worked with the Marshall, she's quick, intuitive, professional, and has a penchant for antagonizing centuries old megalomaniacs with a large fleet at their disposal...other than that she's okay."

"I think we're on the list as associates...."Poppy whispered "I was heading to my quarters to get dressed for the event. I have a new set of arms I have been waiting to debut..so if you want to go put on your best enviro-suit and meet me at the landing pad..I'll sneak you in."
Tal Atvar
 player, 48 posts
Sat 31 Oct 2015
at 22:37
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
When Tal sees the ship for the first time, he's impressed is all and a little dismayed by all the clutter.   He understood though, given that the workers were madly getting her ready for duty.   He was thinking that he was the last one of the crew to stole his gear.   He saw Elsbeth and Balkiir inventorying and carrying the supplies on board and quickly without interrupting them carried and rolled his belongings into the ship.   He made his way to the nearest stateroom by the workshops as he could, whereupon he promptly dumped his stuff off before changing into his monkey suit, for the party.
Louis Quatorce Soleil
 player, 5 posts
Sun 1 Nov 2015
at 02:33
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
I'm afraid this is my best suit. Fortunately it counts as formalwear among the civilized. He says with an air of boredom. I do hope to get some kind of allowance for personal spending from Professor PushK'Hal. It's not like he ever uses his money. he grumbles, but the complaint is hollow.

I'll just check in to the tank for a few hours of fast time and meet you at the landing pad in 5 min. I hope that is acceptable.

When alone Louis relaxes. He goes into the tank on fast time and studies everything he can on the Blood Glutton. Learning how to greet and appropriate jokes in the fellow's language and culture. He also studdies the Blood Gluttons job, his mission and goals. His resume when he came here and what he's done since.

The body opens its eyes as Louis Soleil returns. My that was interesting. He makes his way to the armory to requisition the a pistol to complete his outfit. Not that he knows anything about such things but he chooses. The pistol is long, slim and silver with brass trimmings and lines. It has curve that seems like a series of smaller onion balls going to the tip and is very light. It is of course an energy model with no heavy pack but a cartrige loading mechanism. He finds a suade holster and wears the pistol on his left and turned for a right handed cross body draw. Next to this is an antique looking dagger to complete his presentation in society.

Mr Soleil arrives at the deck as recommended by Poppy.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:54, Sun 01 Nov 2015.

Louis Quatorce Soleil
 player, 6 posts
Sat 30 Apr 2016
at 13:44
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Mr Soleil joins Poppy for the trip.
Poppy
 NPC, 11 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2016
at 15:25
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Poppy Looked up as she walked next to T'risa." Oh boy, not good not good....

"Long range tracking detected a Kraken three hours out, One Adult, six Juveniles, and a swarm of larvae and flyers. Scouts are outbound but they are forty minutes from contact with the Kraken Swarm. Engineering guarantees power, for weapons shields and drives in twenty minutes, we can lift in one hour.All crew reporting in everyone will be aboard in fifteen minutes. We've got a full load of ordnance courtesy of the yard....and fleet threw in two type fifteen 'specials' 1.5 kiloton yield quantum triggered fusion warheads,umm we'll have to fill out some paperwork is we use them....."
T'risa K'mahda
 player, 85 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2016
at 18:02
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
T'risa tried not to let her expression discourage the others. "Please contact the other ships and find out the resources and weaponry available on each. Find out who is in charge of each vessel and whether or not they're willing to join the WitchNet. I'll be talking to whoever is in charge of the military defence of the system and try to plug us in where we'll be most useful." T'risa paused for a moment "And...umm given that we're launching before the yard officially handed the Rose over to us....find out what they didn't get to."

T'risa linked her mind to everyone on boards. "Everyone, prepare for lift in one hour and battle shortly therafter. There has been a system incursion by several kraken that we need to attend to. Information will be updated as we receive it. To your stations, if you please."
Teacher
 NPC, 1 post
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 07:55
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
"If you allow it." One of the deck crew blurred and resolved into teachers form."I can assist in forming a temporary network with the other captains. It is not prohibited in times of conflict.  They will hear your voice instead of mine, and know only what you wish."
Lynn Winters
 player, 40 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 13:46
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Lynn took a pitstop to throw off the dress and throw on the coveralls before storming to the main guts of the ship. Every system had better be firing right or heads were going to roll. Once she got her hands on everything that is.

So she came into the engine room like a whirlwind, tools in hand and into the machinery with a laser focus.
T'risa K'mahda
 player, 87 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 14:05
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
T'risa nodded towards the form of the Teacher "I am not shy in asking for help, and this war will mean we need to be careful with every resource we have. If you can assist us in any way, please assume that I have asked for it." T'risa looked around somewhat disappointed she was still in her finery for the reception "Now...if you can excuse me, I think I may need to dress more appropriately for our oncoming battle."

She looked at the woman who had been taking great care of her with a smirk on her face "I suspect I know what your answer to this might be and it's not because I'm a precog, but vacc suit...or battle dress?"
Prometheus
 GM, 156 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 15:32
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
"If it were me id try go for the I want to live look...so let's say somewhere in the middle. I have a lovely EVA combat suit in shoot me I'm the captain white today...." Poppy motioned to the hallway to the captain's quarters. "I put out a nice set of matching plasma pistols as well.I'd keep those close. I really can't do anything about the arms and legs though... silly non-interchangeable organics..not that you don't have nice legs they are just sort of squishy."

She barely paused for a second then looked up." All ships assigned to merchant reserve reporting crew manifest and ordnance logs...We have two combat capable craft ready to join with the Rose once we lift fifteen armed Merchant ships and six civilian fighters...four available on the yard but no pilots.

If I could Mister Soleil would be rally helpful trying to sort through all this...I'm up to my perky little butt in verbal comms and they are sort of slow to process. I could use a couple of the fledglings to speed up the comm net."

Kendrick Johnson
 player, 62 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 15:40
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Kendrick, listening to Poppy and T'risa carry on, catches wind of the need for pilots for the empty fighters.

He steps forward and clears his throat momentarily before addressing T'risa.  "While we haven't moved into our formal roles, I assume the time for discussions are at an end.  What are you orders for me?" he said to her with all due respect for the woman who was now his commanding officer.

"While a little rusty I can fly a fighter as well as any one, I also spent enough at a gunners station as well to assist in the respect.  Please tell me where you believe I am best need?" he ended as he stood there at attention waiting for his orders.
Louis Quatorce Soleil
 player, 9 posts
Fri 16 Sep 2016
at 17:05
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Mr Soleil having served Alex as required made himself scarce immediately when the nasty organic psi voice began manipulating his quantum state buffers against his will. It is with great disgust and wearing a sealed psi blocking helmet that he returns holding his fingers at angle as if tiptoeing through sewage.

Hmmmm, yes Poppy? In what matter can I provide assistance.

He bows to Alex and T'risa but will not acknowledge or look at that Teacher creature in any way.
Alex
 player, 130 posts
Fri 16 Sep 2016
at 17:07
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Ma'am I will get my armor and man a gunners chair - can bring an extra fighter when Mr Johnson loads them?
T'risa K'mahda
 player, 90 posts
Mon 19 Sep 2016
at 15:33
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
T'risa nodded to everyone. "You should work where you feel your talents are best suited whether that be in a fighter or in a gunners chair. I'll be coordinating the civilian fleet. No doubt the system defence forces will think we're in the way, but I'm sure we might surprise them. An hour might seem like a long time, but it's precious little. Please prepare yourselves." T'risa thanked Poppy with a smile and nod of the head.
Prometheus
 GM, 157 posts
Mon 19 Sep 2016
at 23:47
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
"I'll have The yard load a couple of fighters before we lift."


Poppy volunteered. As sh smiled to Soliel and motioned for hi to join her at the comms console and slip a fiber optic thread from the panel and slid it into a concealed port in her wrist.Set here and help me sort through the signals, disregard anything over the other ships internal net and route any ship to ship comms to me. Umm humans get really excitable when they are getting shot out so expect a lot of cursing, and just plain silly questions."



"If anyone wants to hop in one of the fighters they'll be fueled and armed."

"I have the battle dress for Balki and Elspeth prepped for EVA combat, just in case."

Kendrick Johnson
 player, 63 posts
Tue 20 Sep 2016
at 00:29
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
In reply to T'risa K'mahda (msg # 52):

Kendrick looked a T'risa and respected the fact that she didn't want to put people where they may or may not want to be however he was a little surprised that she hadn't taken a more definitive leadership role.  While anyone can be shown how to man a gunners station, pilots were another story.  He wasn't keen on getting himself shot up, on the other hand he wasn't keen on just letting perfectly good ships sit in hangars when they could be out fighting the good fight.  With a bit of caution in his voice he responded to her trying to avoid questioning the judgement call.

"If its all the same I will take one of the fighters out." he said to her flatly..."Poppy please let me know as soon it ready, and if you could please point me to where I can changed into proper flight suit?" he asked as he moved to follow her lead.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:30, Tue 20 Sept 2016.

Elsbeth
 player, 33 posts
 Attack ships on fire,
 off the shoulder of Orion
Tue 20 Sep 2016
at 04:38
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Elsbeth moved with a quick, quiet assurance as she boarded the shuttle, slipped out of her dress uniform and into the combat pressure sleeve immediately.  She appeared to have little (or no qualms) about being in any state of undress in front of the rest of the crew - at least when concerning her combat duties.  It was obvious that she was all business concerning combat readiness.

Once on board the Audacious Rose, the young CMC marine made a beeline towards the armoury; nodding to Poppy along the way.  There she immediately donned her customized battledress, which was laid out just the way she liked it.  Though trained as a gunner, the dark-haired Praetorian knew that her primary job was not going to be long ranged combat most likely in these situations.  She let T'risa know telepathically that she was ready once the preliminary diagnostic checks on her suit's integrity had been started.  She knew the equipment well enough to know what to expect.  Blades and concussion rods were slid into place, as well as secondary sidearms.   But, she saved a grim smile which touched her lips only as the weapons systems came online and the status of her man-portable artillery longarm started to flash green during the linkup and charging stage.  The warm familiar hum of plasma being superheated to its fusion point was nothing short of ecstatic for her.

Her HUD flashed awake as the pressure seal on her visor snapped into place; her on-board computer had properly interfaced with her personal (and internal) electronics.  The light rush of filter perfect air was a comfort to the young genetically-engineered woman.  She was back into a recognizably familiar environment; back in her comfort zone and away from the glittering galas and the backroom political maneuvering.  Elsbeth flexed her fingers as she moved out of the armoury to take charge of the boarding and security detail for the bridge (and the Marshal, in particular).

Along with Balkiir, the young marine knew that the pair's primary function was to keep T'risa above all others alive and safe.  The crew was important - the essential component for a working ship - but to her, the Marshal the most important piece in the whole equation that was the coming war.  Elsbeth knew well what T'risa was capable of, the diminutive Tau had saved her life many times; her immense power wasn't necessarily flashy, but it was highly effective.  So effective, that the young Praetorian had pledged her life to ensure the blue-skinned woman's safety.  As the last Praetorian, Elsbeth could think of no higher purpose or cause than that.  And she was willing to stake her life on it.
Balkiir Kovul
 Valkiir Marine, 12 posts
 You wanna piece of me
Tue 20 Sep 2016
at 06:27
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Balkiir moved with a determined stride as he reached the armory. His face was set in an intense frown as he pulled on his personal protective gear over his body sleeve. His hulking set of battledress shivered and jerked as it was powered up and ran through it's automated checks before he cracked it open.

Grabbing the handholds on the rack he easily levered himself up and swing his feet down into the open interior with ease. the his of pneumatics and electro-servos sounded as the shell closed around him and padding expanded to enclose him fully within the shell.

"Have I ever mentioned I really hate kraken, nothing should have that many eyes or that many tentacles." He commented as he ran through his own checks  and tested the reach and flexibility of his newly acquired heavy suit. There was no real emotion in his comment just idle banter for the ears of the marines in the ready room to relieve some pre combat tension.

Pulling a man portable launcher off the rack he connected it to the shoulder mount, then pulled down a second heavy support plasma gun as his long arm.

the advanced combat rifle he pulled out as a sidearm was refitted to serve as a pistol for someone in battledress. Loading it he clipped it to the leg of his suit and took out a combat shotgun.

"fire team Alpha, engineering, Beta, head down to the crew deck. Elspeth has the bridge, if anything burns through call it out and get the soft skins out of the area."

Fire team delta fast response, standby in the hanger be ready to mount up and assist any ship that signals for marine support.


He stepped out of the rack the deck plate ringing as his armor plated boots made contact. He grabbed several satchels filled with spare ammo, and medi-packs slinging it over his now even more massive shoulders.

~watch your back out there, those things love to swarm the biggest threat in the area. that's going to be the Rose.~he sent a thought to Elspeth his mental voice full of anticipation and a good bit of excitement as he patted his own weapon. Valkiir men were expected to stay calm, composed and focused in combat, but at heart, all valkiir were warriors.~About time we had  some target practice around here.~

"alright I have a roast in. So lets clean this mess up. If it dries out because this takes too long I am going to be pissed, and everyone eats pre-pack tonight."


~ALL SQUADS READY FOR ACTION CAPTAIN, ELSPETH IS ON HER WAY TO THE BRIDGE WITH A FIRE TEAM~
Prometheus
 GM, 159 posts
Tue 20 Sep 2016
at 06:39
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
In reply to Lynn Winters (msg # 46):

IN the engineering spaces it was chaos, crews were stripping out umbilical from the shipyards support system and beginning the process of switching to internal power. the dockhands were hauling away their gear as fast as they could often getting bowled over by crewmen in the process of bringing the ship to flight readiness.

An assistant was shouting for a crewman to run the crash start checklist as she began to feed power into the Quantum resonance chamber to initiate a fusion reaction in the main reactors.

Lyn's  assistant was visibly relieved to see her. "Chief we haven't had time to check the calibration on  the fusion bottle yet you might want to have a look at it those settings. if the system scrams on startup it'll take us an hour to reset and try again."

OOC: engineering check 2d6+ Skill...8+ to begin emergency power up.

Time
6 or less two hours
8-9 One hour
10-11 thirty minutes
12+ fifteen minutes.
roll two sixes and you can have the reactor fired up in five minutes.

Lynn Winters
 player, 42 posts
Fri 23 Sep 2016
at 13:16
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Lynn moved in, nodding to her assistant as she started her check.

"Get everyone moving, triple time. Ship's going to move if everyone has to get out and push it off."

Pulling out several different screens while slapping open hatches, Lynn's hand worked like independent creatures as she looked over connections and boards.

She swore under her breath as she checked and recalculated runs. "I swear, monkeys put this together before we got here. Monkeys!"

One readout flashed over and over, and Lynn opened up yet another panel, looked intensely at it, and pulled out her hydrospanner.

"Well, by the book this should take another hour or so. But we need to leave so it's the quick way."

And as her astonished assistant looked on, Lynn slammed the hydrospanner down into the guts several times. The offending light stopped.

"Ok, we're good."

She punched the comm with her hip. "Firing up, reactor will be up in minutes. If you hear a big explosion it'll take longer."

She turned to her assistant. "Triple time, remember? Go!"


No idea what bonuses I have but it's at least 1, so that's a 12 at least.
09:07, Today: Lynn Winters rolled 11 using 2d6.

Prometheus
 GM, 163 posts
Sat 24 Sep 2016
at 10:01
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
the deck crew seemed to hold their breath as systems energized and a building howl sounded as the turbo pumps poured liquid hydrogen into the fusion core. deep inside its mass gravity cores, ad quantum accelerators sparked to life distorting  space time until a pinpoint of distortions so intense it rivaled the heat and pressure at the core of a star formed. Hydrogen crushed by gravity, and heated to blazing temperatures collapsed into itself fusing into helium, unleashing the forces of creation within the reactor vessel.

the ship shuddered in it's moorings as low voltage power from the starport was replaced  by the reactors full output. The small warship now had a fire at it's heart, and could power a city on it's own. Grav plates hummed to life, lifter ran through automated sequences. and the sips massive drives began to cycle generating hundreds of liters of plasma in storage bottles ready to be released to drive the ship forward as soon as it cleared the surface. for several seconds loose items vibrated and shuddered as the gravity systems calibrated and engaged the familiar feel of grav plating tickled exposed skin then settled.

"I am sword and Shield, savior and slayer. In Living or dying I shall defend those I carry Bar my path at your Peril,If you dare my wrath you WILL BURN." Serena voice sounded though the  PA system and over broadcast frequencies as she announced "first fire" and let everyone within the area know a warship had been brought to life. I AM THE AUDACIOUS ROSE. I fear no foe, will dare any peril, I am at your command."

even with the chaos of the emergency scramble tradition required the ship to repeat its solemn oath to her crew, and warn the universe it was coming.On the docks and from all the ships in the area answering whoops and blaring klaxons answered the announcement

"Audacious Rose Actual, this is defense Command you are cleared for priority departure at your discretion......All traffic will clear departure path for Independent Warship Audacious Rose." System defense replied in calm tones." Merchant reserve form On audacious Rose and proceed at best sped to final defense perimeter. You will hold Final defense line and prevent landing of hostile force at all costs. Good Hunting."

Welcome to the fight Audacious Rose"

Louis Quatorce Soleil
 player, 10 posts
Sat 24 Sep 2016
at 17:51
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Louis is already dressed for Depresurized ops, he looks over to Alex who waves him off and goes elsewhere.

Of Course my dear, Louis bows magnanimously as though he is being gracious rather than getting the honor of supporting a superior. He does, however maintain the social awareness to add flattery and ask questions when required.  You honor me, truly to permit my humble effort here on the bridge. Now then, let's lock into the neurocomm, now then can you help with my technique?

He locks into the comms and sensors Hmmm it's not unlike data mining, there what next?

13:41, Today: Louis Quatorce Soleil rolled 12 using 2d6+2.  Int or edu.
To learn and perform the task set out for him by poppy

This message was last edited by the player at 17:59, Sat 24 Sept 2016.

Alex
 player, 131 posts
Sat 24 Sep 2016
at 22:45
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
The Nephalim bids the cyborg luck and makes way to his room to dress appropriately.

He returns wearing advanced marine combat armor with a personalized skin job based on a fractal pattern.
This image mapped with self similar repeating themes over the wrist mounted rocket launcher and side arm.
 
If I were an artist I would map it onto some armor and make a picture.

I am not being the great pilot such as you but if I fail I may move about EVA and still shoot.
He says with a smile.

Alex checks the fighters for any psionic interface that could assist him.
Kendrick Johnson
 player, 65 posts
Sun 25 Sep 2016
at 04:17
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Kendrick wasted little time removing his cloths and dawning a flight suit for the coming battle.  As the ship crew continued to rush about him in their preparations he was happy to feel the shuddering and jarring motion of the beast as it prepared to take off.

"seems I had better get to my own fighter" her muttered to himself, knowing that he had finish making his prep work for take off.  With a final zip of his suit he reached for side arm and flight helmet, securing the one while holding the other under his arm as he made for the ships hangar bay.  Once there he looks for the quartermaster on deck finding them he asks to be pointed to his fighter and moves to make a final inspection of it as deck crews are finishing their own work in rapid haste.
T'risa K'mahda
 player, 92 posts
Mon 10 Oct 2016
at 14:59
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
T'risa arrived on the bridge, dressed immaculately in her armoured vacc suit. She took the time to acknowledge everyone's presence, before taking her place next to the tank where she could keep a track of the oncoming battle.

"So Poppy, what do we have to work with?"

T'risa frowned for a moment as she cast out her mental net to coordinate with the other battle witches on station. She nodded at Alex, smiling at the combat armour "An interesting choice."

As the voice of the AI resounded throughout the ship and over the comms system. T'risa spoke softly back to her, making what appeared to be a vow "You are the sword and shield. The protector of the innocent. I am the seeker for justice and the scourge of the oppressor. In my guidance and care, you will flourish and thrive, while laying waste to those who dare threaten our worlds."
Elsbeth
 player, 34 posts
 Attack ships on fire,
 off the shoulder of Orion
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 23:52
Independant Warship: Audacious rose
Elsbeth dutifully watched the bridge as the ship prepared to launch.  She was stationed off and back to the right of T'risa's position, carefully keeping out of the Marshal's way.  When prompted to the tall Praetorian quickly reviewed the stationing of the marines on board through their secured channel and gave her status report to T'risa, "++All security personnel are on station and primed for action, Ma'am.++"  She sounded confident enough and her surface thoughts were just as calm.

The servos in her powered armour gave a gentle hum as they continued to cycle as she scanned the bridge and watched the tactical displays on scroll all sorts of information.  Though she had some basic training in naval tactics, and her HUD helped to collate plenty of information - much of the nuances of display data she was not privy to.  However, she knew that the Marshal was taking it all in and more.  Elsbeth just need to be ready to do her part when tasked.  Her left arm throbbed slightly, or at least it felt as though it did through the phantom receptors that were cybernetically linked to the heavily armoured and augmented limb.  The lanky CMC Marine's eyes darted to the upper left hand corner of her HUD and double-checked the status of her own weapons and then the statuses of all of her squads and the other squad leaders.

As the multiple tactical displays at the front of the bridge blossomed forth with the dancing, multicolored kaleidoscope of the unfolding opposed fleets readying to engage, a tight thin smile crossed her lips.  She broadcast to Balkiir the sight of the brightly, shifting array tinged with her own eager and dread-filled anticipation.  Elsbeth held the scope of her thoughts tight, but was sure that the others like T'risa and Alex who where much more adept than her with the powers of the mind could likely see what she was on the telepathic link between herself and her paramour.