Town: Haven.   Posted by Author.Group: 0
Monk
 PC, 3 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2015
at 23:35
Re: Town: Haven
And thus the Monk, with nothing better to do, joined her fellows in making camp outside the city.  She is less than surprised to find Rogue there already, the two of them acting together far more frequently than seems reasonable for their different views on the world.  She moves in stride with what has already been done, wordlessly lending a hand in setting up a secure site for the group.
Hunter
 PC, 7 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2015
at 23:43
Re: Town: Haven
The Hunter glares.  He knew what to expect, but it would never be something he enjoyed experiencing.  The insane ones never were.  Enough.

The Hunter stepped forward, his frame blocking the Zealot from his companions as he pulled his drawings of the unknown words.  "Old friend, we bring gifts as always, but she is not one of them.  Nonetheless, I ask if you and your knowledge of the Great Mother could identify this for us."
Author
 GM, 13 posts
 Narration
Wed 15 Apr 2015
at 05:47
Re: Town: Haven
At the campsite, the routine of putting up enough tents, traps, and seating fell mostly to Monk, Rogue blundering around nearly endangering himself by becoming entangled in the tents' supports. After watching him struggle for a mere fraction of a moment, Monk quickly sent him to set up the traps, which he easily dealt with using his skill and finesse to make the work fly by. By the time Mage and Cleric had drifted into the open area outside the gate, the torches on the outer wall of the gatehouse had been lit, though the sun was not yet down. Enchantress seemed to drift out of nowhere, to quickly wrap herself around Mage's arm and hold him. He smiled down at her and murmured soft words of reassurance while stroking her stone back. Suddenly he stiffened. "That's not how that works Archer... Dammit." He intoned aloud. "Archer sent me a message hoping I'd get Warrior and Hunter's attention for him, but... That's not how the message spell works. I swear. I even told him to give a location if he wanted assistance..."

The Zealot stepped close to Hunter, staring up into his eye with as much menace as he could muster. Then he hugged the taller man and grabbed the paper scrap from his hand. "I LOVE A GOOD PUZZLE OLD CHAP, HAVE A SEAT! GATHER 'ROUND!" Once again, the shapes of chairs seemed to form from the mass of throws and pillows on the floor surrounding them. Kelvar, the Zealot takes the paper and holds it at arm's length slowly bringing it closer to his face and then repeating the motion. "Where did you get this?" He asks, in reverent awe, for the first time at a reasonable volume. "It's very straightforward what it says, but, tell me, please, how did you come to possess this beautiful artifact of writing? I thought this language had been dead for thousands of years... Only the cult of the old world would know this tongue... Of which I was the sole member until three months ago when the Great Mother descended to call me as a disciple, but I digress." He sighed wearily. "Those herbs take a lot out of you when they pass through completely... I expect Archer will feel it soon if his constitution isn't up to the hard stuff."
Warrior
 player, 4 posts
Sun 19 Apr 2015
at 04:56
Re: Town: Haven
The Warrior was a little taken aback by the zealot's odd boisterous (and drunk) personality, and sat down in one of the nearby fluffy chairs, as if just being around this guy drained her of energy.
Not wanting to get into the reunion, she kept an eye on the woman, making sure she didn't try to snag Archer and drag him behind a closed door. She figured they'd need to stay together, and she didn't want to be a buzzkill, but something was off about the woman.
She watched as the zealot looked at the scroll, hoping that he would be the person to decipher it for them. Otherwise, they'd have a long journey ahead of them finding someone else, from the sound of it.
Archer
 PC, 6 posts
Mon 20 Apr 2015
at 22:52
Re: Town: Haven
Archer looks at the drunk man."You worry about yourself zealot. I've had plenty of *hic* experience. Now why don't you tell us what all this means" he says as he points toward the paper in the zealot's hand.
Author
 GM, 14 posts
 Narration
Tue 28 Apr 2015
at 03:51
Re: Town: Haven
The zealot looks around at the somewhat murderous glares he is receiving. “Fine, if you’re not willing to share some basic information… It says kill the damn cultists. All of them.” He looks around at the three assembled party members expectantly. “That’s the gist. Well, actually it’s just the start of a laundry list really… but the rest of it will not matter if you don’t do the first thing. And actually it’s not necessarily ‘kill’ more like incapacitate, or… halt? There’s a few different interpretations but it boils down to the same idea. Stop them… cult… ing…” The zealot trails off wistfully.

He waves his hands as if to shoo the adventurers out the door. “Anyway, get going. You have got work to do, cultists to deal with, and this town is full of them.” He smiles while tilting his head slightly.

The woman with her vibrant irises blows a kiss from beyond the veil separating the rooms and slowly walks out of sight, hips swaying.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:51, Tue 28 Apr 2015.

Warrior
 player, 5 posts
Thu 30 Apr 2015
at 00:24
Re: Town: Haven
The Warrior stood nearby her teammates as she thought about what the zealot said. Kill the cultists? That's an odd thing to mention.
She had kind of wished that the zealot had translated the rest of the scroll so they could at least write it down for later so they don't have to go back or find someone else to translate the rest of it.
"So, uh, guys." She looked at her team expectantly. "Where do we start?"
Hunter
 PC, 8 posts
Thu 30 Apr 2015
at 02:54
Re: Town: Haven
The hunters eyes narrowed at The Zealot.  There was clearly more to be said on the topic than to kill some cultists.  Especially about the cultists in question.  And he was certainly not one to be waved away.
"From a blind prophet given to a wizard, from a wizard given to me, surely a script like this holds more than the words 'Kill Cultists.'  You can do better, I'm sure.  If it truly has no more to say, you are correct, I think I may just put down the first cultists I see."
Author
 GM, 15 posts
 Narration
Thu 30 Apr 2015
at 04:00
Re: Town: Haven
Kelvar smirks, holding up his hands in mock surrender. “Alright, alright. Everyone sit back down. It’s time for a history lesson I think. Miss Serena, get me my good pipe.”  The zealot leans back languidly in his large chair, propping his feet up on the mountain of carpets now filling the space in front of him. “Thank you my dear, we will return to your tantric training after I school these ungrateful children.” He nods at the woman with her glowing eyes. She merely rolls her eyes and retreats to a corner of the crowded room. “Before I begin telling you what this says, I must enlighten you on the nature of the blind prophet. He is as much a man as… Hextor, or Heironeous for that matter. He is a messenger of the gods, an ascendant and temporary member of their pantheon. The man makes the rounds every few years to give the collective deities’ notices to individuals who are to be marked with important tasks. Like an oracle he communes with them directly, but unlike an oracle, he has been elevated to a level close to theirs. This may seem like an unimportant tangent, but I assure you this is important.” He speaks the last sentence directly at Archer.

“Nathar. A god of earth. Supposedly. His cult is the one you are meant to cull. And Heirophant, and Alectus, Mero, Pierra, Gorn, Mabzingen. The false gods, the idols who are usurping power from those who wield it. Of course, whether or not you truly wish to hinder them is at your discretion, but I believe there are some members of your party who may have a vested interest in keeping the pantheon as it is meant to stand…” He takes a deep pull from his pipe. “But again, I get ahead of myself. Let me begin by asking, how many times had you heard the name ‘Nathar’ spoken aloud before crossing the mountains into these lost lands? I would wager few, and mostly from acolytes of Obad-Hai. Nathar was a druid you see, devout in his faith, so much so that Obad-Hai raised him unto divinity upon his passing into the next life, as a demigod, a sort of understudy. Hextor followed suit with the fallen worshipper of Heironeous, Heirophant, promising him revenge on the god who could not spare his life to save his family, though there is speculation that was Hextor’s doing…” He shakes his head as though to clear it.

“The gods began bringing into their confidence allies who had served them in life as demigods in death, forgetting the fate that befell the pantheon before them, as gods are wont to do. They were not the first pantheon, and they will not be the last. Their demigods, like they themselves before, are reaping their followers away, using their belief to fuel their own divinity to new heights. This missive is a desperate cry for help from a fading group of divine souls who cannot be killed, but can fade into nothingness, as the great mother once did until I revived her practices, or the soul of the old world. That is my place, to keep alive those powers brought low from their greatness, to keep belief in at least one heart of their existence…” He sighs heavily. “The gods are desperate. They cannot fight their own disciples, for though they have been raised to divinity, their disciples are still mortal enough to truly enter our realm, mortal enough to be killed, and that puts them out of reach of their patrons.”

“They want you to do their dirty work. The gods are begging for your assistance to slaughter or change the beliefs of the new world to bring themselves back into a position of power. You’re not the only group, and they’re not being too picky about how much blood is shed in their names as long as they continue to exist. Even the more squeamish of them are seeing genocide as the only possibility if you fail, not that they would have the strength of will to carry it out in that case. If you do not save the gods, the world will fundamentally change. Those who rely on divine power will no longer have it. The young gods will keep their powers for their own amusement and to control the masses blinded by their belief.” He frowns as he closes his eyes.

“It is not my place to say, but if I were you, I would hold on to whatever shred of dignity you have, because the world is about to become a messy bloodstained battlefield if no one steps in to stop the coming war between heavenly powers.”
Warrior
 player, 6 posts
Fri 8 May 2015
at 07:55
Re: Town: Haven
The Warrior sighs, almost in relief at the zealot giving in to the group's inquiries. She walked back into the building and sat down on the edge of the chair she had occupied earlier, not fully trusting her surroundings.
She listened to the zealot's story intently, and her eyes widened, then narrowed. This was some serious stuff he almost kept from them. And it sounds like they have a big journey ahead of them if they want to keep the world from going up in flames, figuratively speaking.
"This...seems like a big job for all of us. Do you think we can actually do this? Has this happened before?"
Bard
 PC, 5 posts
Wed 10 Jun 2015
at 03:07
Re: Town: Haven
"Oh warrior, you're falling asleep over there aren't you? We'll cuddle soon. Anyway, he already said something like this has happened before. Even the gods fall into a crappy cycle of death and destruction like us petty mortals. Have you never heard the tale of Kratos, the God of War? That's a prefect example, and apparently it was true."

Everyone was shocked by Bard's interjection, partially because they wondered how he got there, but mostly because it's hard - even when you know them well and are great friends with someone - to remember that someone like bard, walking into a room with a sacred bowl full of chili and cheese (some of which is still on his face), a half drank bottle of rum, and nothing for clothing but a banana hammock, is actually intelligent.

"Oh hello everyone. I asked around a bit about this bowl...it's apparently sacred and it makes this chili taste completely freaking amazing...someone said the old guy up here would want it but I'm debating giving it to him...archer, wake up guy, I haven't seen you slobber all over a female like that since that time we were kids and I bet you 20 copper to suck off that cowwwwwoohhhh crap I wasn't supposed to say that..."
Cleric
 PC, 8 posts
Sat 13 Jun 2015
at 03:04
Re: Town: Haven
The Cleric shuffles around the camp, looking for something to do. He didn't bother asking the Mage if there is anything that needed to be done for the camp, as he had already tightened the ropes of the tents for the fifth time. Idleness is an enemy for any man such as himself and he swears that he might actually break the rope if he fastens them anymore. He glaces at the sky and notes the position of the sun.

It has been a while since he had seen the the rest of the group. The Cleric contemplates on his options, maybe he should look for the rest of the group? The Cleric scratches the top of his bald head before quickly walking toward the edge of the camp to find a spot on the ground that is clear of foliage. He kneels and starts to dig into the ground with his mailed hands.

It is often taught that an individual's privacy must be honored. But to a certain point of course, considering the Cleric's line of work to weed out the vile and the wicked, where ever it may hide. But it is situations like this that necessitate the need to know of where the hell everyone is.

The Cleric retrieves his jug of water from his waist and pours its contents into the hole.
The Cleric begins chanting the Litany of Vigilance while tracing the symbol of Heironeous in the water. The Cleric attempts to scry the Warrior.
Author
 GM, 16 posts
 Narration
Thu 2 Jul 2015
at 03:03
Re: Town: Haven
Through the divine intervention of Heironeous, Cleric feels an insight. Warrior is... A glittering shroud covers the surface of the water, gauzy purple fabric covers the image and a traitorous violet glow mists out the fine details of the room. Instead a purple door slams shut and from behind a soft seductive giggling can be heard. In an instant the pool of water clears and drains into the earth. The thoughts of location are emblazoned briefly into Cleric's mind and the purple door stands out like a beacon against the earthy tones of Haven's unsubtly dull backdrop.

Mage raises an eyebrow at his companion's antics, but quickly resumes his endeavors to avoid doing any work if at all possible in readying the camp for their fellows' arrival. He attempts to drag Enchantress off towards the trees to set up her potion-making supplies and in theory collect wood for a continuous fire through the night.
Archer
 PC, 7 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 01:31
Re: Town: Haven
Archer awakes at the mention of his name. "Bard!!! Welcome to the fun! *hic* I...I wazent Sloobering  over that girl, at least not like that time *hic*." He says with a sly face. "And what cow are you talking about? does it have milk?"
Cleric
 PC, 9 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2015
at 03:35
Re: Town: Haven
"I swear, if they are at a brothel..." The Cleric mumbles to himself. "Aye Mage, I may know where they are. I'll be back with the rest of the flock in short order or you can come with." The Cleric shifts, adjusting the war hammer on his back before heading off back to town.
Mage
 PC, 8 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2015
at 05:43
Re: Town: Haven
Mage ponders following Cleric for a moment before realizing that with Monk occupying Rogue's attention, and everyone else out of the camp he can get back to experimenting on reversing the effects of the stoneflesh spell. "I'll see you when you get back..." He calls out hoping it will take him at least enough time to let Enchantress in on his plan.
Cleric
 PC, 10 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2015
at 06:07
Re: Town: Haven
"Suit yourself." The Cleric dismissively waves a hand as he leaves the camp site. A few minutes later, the Cleric was scouring the settlement for an abode with a purple door. Purple door, purple door, puuurrrrrpllllleeeee dooooor, the Cleric thought to himself as well as  thinking of the multitude of ways to chew out the rest of the party for their idleness when there is plenty of work to be done. Another moment passes by and the Cleric finds the purple door, oddly colored for convenience but the Cleric wasn't going to linger on that. He stops in front of the door and with an armored fist, briefly pounds on the door.
Author
 GM, 18 posts
 Narration
Sat 24 Oct 2015
at 18:25
Re: Town: Haven
As Kelvar takes in the addition of the new party member who has seemingly appeared out of nowhere, he ponders over Warrior's question. "It certainly isn't a job for the lighthearted no... I'm not sure you all can do it, but you're probably the best hope there is for things to either remain the same or change for the better. You have to understand, simply because you all were chosen doesn't mean you were the only ones chosen-"

Anything he was about to say next is interrupted by a booming knock at the door. "JUST A MOMENT!" he calls out. He gestures frantically at Serena, who has already moved towards the back room, and a moment later the building fills with a light purplish hued smoke.

Serena opens the door to come face to face with the Cleric. "Won't you come inside?" She asks invitingly as wisps of the smoke trail out onto the street. When the party turns back to the room at large after realizing the new entrant is just a party member of theirs, Kelvar is nowhere to be found.

-----

Back at camp, muted screams of anguish can be heard from Enchatress's corner of the camp. Mage is sobbing dramatically while Enchantress herself is torn between finding out what rolling her eyes looks like as a statue and giggling at the misfortune of her partner.
Cleric
 PC, 11 posts
Sun 25 Oct 2015
at 01:56
Re: Town: Haven
"Thank you madame, but I will not require entry." The Cleric purposefully avoids her gaze. "I am here to drag that lot with me." The Cleric points over the woman's shoulder at the rest of the party with an un-amused expression. "We are burning daylight, comrades."
Author
 GM, 19 posts
 Narration
Sun 25 Oct 2015
at 03:45
Re: Town: Haven
Upon hearing the sound of Cleric's voice and his intention to take the intrusive group out of his dwelling place Kelvar pokes his head out of the back curtain. "If you head West out of the town gates you should find a path towards a group of acolytes in the service of Heirophant. I can't promise much, but it would be easier to deal with them than to try to remove the influence of Nathar from this town. Serena, I think it best if I move on, keep alive the worship of the great mother in my absence, one day we may meet again."

She looks puzzled at his statement as he moves back to let the curtain fall. "There's no exit out the back though..." She mutters to herself.
Rogue
 PC, 10 posts
Sun 25 Oct 2015
at 04:26
Re: Town: Haven
The Rogue sighs as he looks over the traps. 'can't get any better then that...' He thought to himself.

He heads back to camp and hopes that Monk won't accidentally trip the traps or disable them thinking it's made by someone else.

Back at camp and sits down in one of the darker spots. While he sits there he uses the dagger he got from the earlier encounter and starts throwing it at a tree after tying a piece of string he found and pulls it back to him after throwing it. It only lasted a while before he grew somewhat paranoid in which he pulls back the dagger and starts to sharpen his blades carefully, making sure they held their edge sharp for combat. Afterwards he would check the rest of his equipment to be sure that nothing won't malfunction in a crucial moment.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:24, Mon 18 Apr 2016.

Warrior
 player, 7 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2015
at 06:49
Re: Town: Haven
The Warrior rolled her eyes at the Bard's invitation, not even bothering to look at him. Cuddling was definitely not on her list of things to do with the Bard..ever.
Warrior looked at Kelvar warily after his mention that they probably aren't the only ones chosen for this quest. So maybe there were other people they might compete with? Maybe work together towards a common goal?
She perks up at the sight of the Cleric entering the room, happy to see a familiar face. This place was a little weird, and she didn't quite feel right staying here any longer than necessary, but the comfort of the clan did help.
Warrior stands and smooths out her outfit, then nods towards Kelvar retreating figure "Do you have any information for us before we set off?"
Author
 GM, 20 posts
 Narration
Tue 3 Nov 2015
at 03:34
Re: Town: Haven
Serena steps in and shrugs at Warrior's final question. "I think the best you'll get out of him is that you need to head west from Haven." Also watching Kelvar retreating. "As a side note, if you get tired of those two half-drunken idiots, " she gestures at Archer and Bard, "The great mother could always use new acolytes, and I wouldn't mind your company..." She winks at Warrior.
Bard
 PC, 6 posts
Thu 5 Nov 2015
at 06:15
Re: Town: Haven
"I think I'll pass, I'm not drunk enough to sleep with an old lady. Thanks though."

Bard turns his attention to the rest of his crew.

"Warrior, stop asking questions. We already know where to go," he says as he moves toward the door, "so that's where we will go."
Bard pauses for a moment before turning back and picking archer up and carrying him out the door with him.

"Hey Cleric...want some chili?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:17, Thu 05 Nov 2015.

Cleric
 PC, 12 posts
Sun 21 May 2017
at 07:29
Re: Town: Haven
In reply to Bard (msg # 66):

The Cleric eyes the bowl suspiciously, it looks just like the Order's vessels that held holy water. He avoids criticizing the Bard, knowing it would get him nowhere. He glances at the Bard again before declining, "No, I am good." He turns to the rest of the party, "Are we done here?"