Off To the Tower of Tanagar.   Posted by StarMaster.Group: 0
StarMaster
 GM, 202 posts
 Outsider
 Storyteller
Mon 20 Aug 2018
at 00:39
Inside the Labyrinth
Once back in the mirror room, Cariandra knows how to operate the mirror, and does so, letting everyone return to Amadiro's place... except Friendly.

After the story is explained to Amadiro and Tanagar, they thank you profusely.

Amadiro cautions, however, that Rhadanthys may not be truly dead. Since you've taken his protection from Friendly, he'll not be able to return to his lair any time soon, but he may decide to get revenge on the party.

If there's anything he can do for you, just ask.
Elexia Mystchild
 player, 153 posts
 Aasimar
 Monk
Thu 4 Oct 2018
at 00:17
Inside the Labyrinth
In reply to StarMaster (msg # 427):

Elexia waits to see what the others wish to do.
Miki
 player, 66 posts
 Human
 Cleric
Sun 7 Oct 2018
at 04:37
Inside the Labyrinth
"Well, that was... strange!" Miki comments now that things have settled down. "It was exciting and easy and hand and dangerous..."

"So, Tanagar, Amadiro... can we use the mirror to return to your tower, Tanagar? We have some friends waiting for us back there."

StarMaster
 GM, 204 posts
 Outsider
 Storyteller
Sun 11 Nov 2018
at 18:07
Inside the Labyrinth
"Of course, you can use the mirror to return to Tanagar's Tower," Amadiro replies. "I would offer you a reward but I understand that monetary treasure has little meaning or desire for you."

"If there's something else you would like, perhaps I can accommodate you with that."

"I have scrolls and potions readily available, a few magical rings and several wondrous items. Might any of that interest you?"

Erin
 player, 212 posts
 Human
 Warlock
Mon 19 Nov 2018
at 01:05
Inside the Labyrinth
Erin's eye brows go up a little.

"I might be interested in a ring or a wonderous item. What do you in stock?"

She suddenly starts to giggle a little.
Elexia Mystchild
 player, 154 posts
 Aasimar
 Monk
Tue 20 Nov 2018
at 06:57
Inside the Labyrinth
In reply to Erin (msg # 431):

Elexia smiles.

" Yes, what do you have?
Erin
 player, 213 posts
 Human
 Warlock
Wed 21 Nov 2018
at 01:00
Inside the Labyrinth
In reply to Elexia Mystchild (msg # 432):

Erin flashes a smile at Elexia.

"Well right now I don't have anything. But I might end up with a ring if I find one that's interesting. Do you like rings?"
Elexia Mystchild
 player, 155 posts
 Aasimar
 Monk
Wed 21 Nov 2018
at 03:57
Inside the Labyrinth
In reply to Erin (msg # 433):

Elexia smiles as she steps closer to Erin and kisses her cheek.

" I was talking to the same person you were sweetling. But, yes, rings are good. A nice choker around your throat would look good as well. "
Amadiro
 NPC, 34 posts
 Human Techno-wizard
Sun 25 Nov 2018
at 04:03
Inside the Labyrinth
"Well, I have a Ring of the Mystic Hand, a Ring of Wardrobe, a Ring of Impact, a Ring of Darkvision, and a Multi-tool Ring," Amadiro replies. "That last one is my own invention."

"As for wondrous items, there's an Adventurer's Pouch, Asedal's Extra-dimensional Hat, Boots of Nimble Running, and an Amber Lynx figurine."

"Potions and scrolls... well, lots of them."

Elexia Mystchild
 player, 156 posts
 Aasimar
 Monk
Mon 26 Nov 2018
at 16:14
Inside the Labyrinth
" Hmm, the amber lynx figurine and the ring of wardrobe? How much? "
Elban Lorefinder
 player, 24 posts
 Gnome
 Wizard
Tue 27 Nov 2018
at 23:26
Inside the Labyrinth
"He wasn't offering to sell the items to us, Elexia," Elban says. "He's offering them to us as a reward."

"While we did not rescue your daughter, Amadiro, because we were expecting a reward, but because it was the right thing to do."

"Your generosity, however, is appreciated, and it would be rude for us to refuse, particularly could most of those items would be useful to us on our journey."

"The Extra-Dimensional Hat sounds intriguing."

Elexia Mystchild
 player, 157 posts
 Aasimar
 Monk
Tue 27 Nov 2018
at 23:39
Inside the Labyrinth
Elexia looks at Erin when Elban spoke. She shakes her head.

" I know. Actually, all of it is useful and I say we each take something. And then maybe offer to but anything else afterwards. "
Erin
 player, 214 posts
 Human
 Warlock
Wed 28 Nov 2018
at 02:15
Inside the Labyrinth
Erin raises an eyebrow. She then nods her head while in a thoughtful look crosses her face.

Raising the other eyebrow, she looks at Amadiro, some excitement starting to creep into her voice.

"Could you please explain what the rings do? Mystic Hand, Impact and your Multi -tool sound interesting!"

Her eyes are now twinkling, a lot.
Amadiro
 NPC, 35 posts
 Human Techno-wizard
Tue 1 Jan 2019
at 04:43
Inside the Labyrinth
"Certainly," Amadiro replies.

"The Ring of Mystic Hand allows you to create a hand of force at a distance that can move small things. It could turn a doorknob, for instance, without you having to touch it. It doesn't let you attack anyone, though."

"The Ring of Impact lets you do more damage with an attack with your hand."

"The Multi-tool Ring produces any small tool you might need... awl, screwdriver, file, small hammer. Once the tool leaves your hand, though, it disappears."

Miki
 player, 67 posts
 Human
 Cleric
Wed 2 Jan 2019
at 06:03
Inside the Labyrinth
"I wouldn't mind the Adventurer's Pouch, if that's okay with everyone," Miki says.

"If it's what I think it is. You can pull out any small item that you might need... chalk, wooden spoon, climbing piton, ball of string, candle... You never have the thing you could use right then."
Myron Tane
 player, 155 posts
 Human - Monk
 AC-17 / HP-10
Wed 2 Jan 2019
at 06:18
Inside the Labyrinth
He'd remained silent while the others made their choices. He tended to be rather taciturn anyway, but part of his training had been to listen.

"I will accept the Ring of Darkvision," he speaks up. "It can help me fight better in the dark, but even more importantly, it should help me avoid having to fight in the first place."
Elexia Mystchild
 player, 158 posts
 Aasimar
 Monk
Wed 2 Jan 2019
at 07:28
Inside the Labyrinth
In reply to Myron Tane (msg # 442):

" okay ring of wardrobe and the amber lynx figurine is what I want. "
StarMaster
 GM, 208 posts
 Outsider
 Storyteller
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 17:27
Inside the Labyrinth
After the rewards are distributed, the group once again steps through the mirror and returns to the Tower of Tanagar. Vargan Vargas, of course, goes with you. He offers you any supplies you might need for your journey, including anything you wish to take back to your fellow monks.

Neither Vargan Vargas or Amadero know where Shamballah is; as far as they know, it is just a myth... an old wive's tale used to guilt someone into doing something they should do but don't want to do.

And then you are out the door, down the trail, and back on the road with the rest of the party.

You can regale the others with tales of your adventure and impress them with your magical rewards, but, being monks, they aren't jealous, acknowledging that this was your path to follow, not theirs.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:48, Thu 21 Mar.

Sister Kethra
 NPC, 5 posts
 Wood Elf
 Ranger/Monk
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 17:51
Inside the Labyrinth
"What a marvelous adventure!" Sister Kethra exclaims. "Of course you had to go rescue the wizard and then the wizard's daughter."

"And then the medusa. That is what the road to enlightenment is all about, and you never know when you'll find the next step."

Brother Arykin
 NPC, 10 posts
 Human
 Fighter/Monk
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 17:55
Inside the Labyrinth
"We were beginning to get a bit worried," Brother Arykin add. "The others were; I wasn't. A path is as long as it needs to be... no more, no less."

"There would have come a time when we would have had to decide to continue without you or go find you, but that time hadn't yet come."

"So, if you are ready, we shall continue our journey."

Erin
 player, 217 posts
 Human
 Warlock
Fri 3 May 2019
at 00:34
Inside the Labyrinth
Erin looks over her new ring, the ring if the Mystic Hand. She looks up at Brother Arykin and
Sister Kethra. Giving them both a huge smile Erin says in a happy voice,

"I'm ready when ever everyone else is. I can't wait to see what next!"
Elexia Mystchild
 player, 160 posts
 Aasimar
 Monk
Fri 3 May 2019
at 01:21
Inside the Labyrinth
In reply to Erin (msg # 447):


Elexia smiles at Erin.

" Yes I am ready. "
Miki
 player, 68 posts
 Human
 Cleric
Fri 3 May 2019
at 03:19
Inside the Labyrinth
"I guess I'm ready, too," Miki adds.

"Where are we off to now?"
Erin
 player, 218 posts
 Human
 Warlock
Sat 4 May 2019
at 01:37
Inside the Labyrinth
In reply to Elexia Mystchild (msg # 448):

Erin smiles back at Elexia and answers her in a very happy voice.

"Alright then! I guess we're both ready to go! Can't wait!"

She starts to giggle.
Myron Tane
 player, 156 posts
 Human - Monk
 AC-17 / HP-10
Sat 4 May 2019
at 06:26
On the Road Again
"Like before, we are just heading down the road to see what we can see," Myron comments.

"Just like we went to the Tower, we expect something will get our attention and we'll go see what it's all about."