Marching Order.   Posted by StarMaster.Group: 0
StarMaster
 GM, 29 posts
 Outsider
 Storyteller
Tue 21 Apr 2015
at 20:36
Marching Order
MARCHING ORDER

Iím posting this in a separate thread so it doesnít get in the way of the adventure. As you travel, put your location at the top of each post. Otherwise weíll all have to be hunting through previous posts to find out where you are. Iíd like to see at least one post from everyone during the first leg of the journey just to make sure we donít have any stragglers! :-D

Anyway, since all of you canít travel bunched up together like a shifting huddle from the Replacements, the group will essentially be traveling in a loose rectangle. Please pick a location in the box where you think you should be traveling. The group has 19 people in it (15 PCs and the 4 NPC monks). The NPC monks will be traveling mostly in the center, though Brother Raven will shift position a lot, and Sister Kethra will take turns chatting with the members of the group. So, no more than 2 PCs should be in any location. Picking a spot shouldnít be about who posts first, but what makes sense, so if thereís an issue, the GM will decide who goes where. Also, keep in mind that from one stop along the road to the next, your position can change.

Note that this isnít about who gets attacked (but it might!); itís more about perception checks. For example, if thereís something on the left to be noticed, those on the left will have Advantage while those on the right will be Disadvantaged.

Everyone will get a chance to participate and shine, so donít expect to or think you have to be involved in every encounter. In general, the plan is for the main group to split into three groups of 5 or 6 to deal with problems that arise, but they donít have to be the same 5 every time. If thereís evil to smite, they Iíd expect the paladin to step up. If itís just cannon fodder need, then thatís the fightersí job. Etc.


1---------2---------3
:                   :
:                   :
4         5         6
:                   :
:                   :
7---------8---------9

1 = front left
2 = front center
3 = front right
4 = left flank
5 = center
6 = right flank
7 = rear left
8 = rear center
9 = rear right
Khaaven
 player, 23 posts
 Human
 Rogue
Thu 23 Apr 2015
at 11:15
Re: Marching Order
Khaaven would like to be at 5 with his cart and mule to help carry any supplies or extra gear or the injured when we have some.
Roscoe High-hill
 player, 77 posts
 Lightfoot Halfling
 Rogue
Thu 23 Apr 2015
at 11:29
Re: Marching Order
Roscoe will be at 6
Grim Greycastle
 player, 3 posts
 Human
 Fighter
Thu 23 Apr 2015
at 11:54
Re: Marching Order
Grim will be at 2.
Erin
 player, 9 posts
 Human
 Warlock
Thu 23 Apr 2015
at 14:43
Re: Marching Order

 Erin will take #1. She has two ranged weapons. A short bow and Eldritch Blast.
Roscoe High-hill
 player, 79 posts
 Lightfoot Halfling
 Rogue
Thu 23 Apr 2015
at 14:47
Re: Marching Order
If no one else will be at 6, Roscoe would be somewhere else with a Medium size PC that he can hide behind.
Erin
 player, 11 posts
 Human
 Warlock
Thu 23 Apr 2015
at 14:52
Re: Marching Order
In reply to Roscoe High-hill (msg # 6):

Well he can hide behind Erin if her wants. Being in the back might give Roscoe a better chance to do his rogue things undetected. Assuming we aren't attacked form behind first....
Roscoe High-hill
 player, 80 posts
 Lightfoot Halfling
 Rogue
Thu 23 Apr 2015
at 14:56
Re: Marching Order
That's exactly why he chose the middle, he's good at sneaking and scouting so he can be close enough to the front to be a choice for scout and not far enough forward or back to (hopefully) not get attacked first and/or the most.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:57, Thu 23 Apr 2015.

Elexia Mystchild
 player, 24 posts
 Aasimar
 Monk
Thu 23 Apr 2015
at 15:33
Re: Marching Order
In reply to Roscoe High-hill (msg # 8):

If Erin is at 1 Elexia wants 2 or 4
Elban Lorefinder
 player, 6 posts
 Gnome
 Wizard
Thu 23 Apr 2015
at 18:34
Re: Marching Order
Elban will look for 4; he wants someone larger to hide behind if arrows or monsters are incoming. ;)
Keyleth Bellgrove
 player, 7 posts
 Half-Elf
 Cleric of Sune
Thu 23 Apr 2015
at 19:08
Re: Marching Order
Looks like the middle is pretty full. Keyleth will take 8, then.
Morix
 player, 8 posts
 Human
 Rogue
Thu 23 Apr 2015
at 21:05
Re: Marching Order
Morix will be at 9.
Bellamin
 player, 6 posts
 Human
 Monk
Fri 24 Apr 2015
at 00:56
Re: Marching Order
Either 2 or 3
Miki
 player, 4 posts
 Human
 Cleric
Fri 24 Apr 2015
at 01:16
Re: Marching Order
Looks like 7 is good.
Myron Tane
 player, 7 posts
 Human - Monk
Fri 24 Apr 2015
at 01:49
Re: Marching Order
Well GM, seems all spots are called for so put me in anywhere
StarMaster
 GM, 39 posts
 Outsider
 Storyteller
Fri 24 Apr 2015
at 02:16
Re: Marching Order
There's generally room at each location for two people, more in the center of course. But Myron seems like he'd be in location 6... next to the other monks and right behind Brother Bellamin.
Myron Tane
 player, 8 posts
 Human - Monk
Fri 24 Apr 2015
at 03:27
Re: Marching Order
6 beside Roscoe is fine
StarMaster
 GM, 40 posts
 Outsider
 Storyteller
Fri 24 Apr 2015
at 03:52
Re: Marching Order
Current set up is:

LOCATION 1          LOCATION 2            LOCATION 3
Erin               Catherine Duval      Bellamin
Lance Thorn        Windchaser           Grim Greycastle

LOCATION 4          LOCATION 5            LOCATION 6
Elexia             Brother Arykin       Myron Tane
Elban Lorefinder   Brother Raven        Roscoe High-hill
                   Brother Wulf
                   Sister Kethra
                   Khaavan

LOCATION 7          LOCATION 8            LOCATION 9
Miki               Keyleth Bellgrove    Morix
Alexai Blackwood                        Amalion Amblecrown

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:41, Sun 26 Apr 2015.

Elexia Mystchild
 player, 28 posts
 Aasimar
 Monk
Fri 24 Apr 2015
at 05:15
Re: Marching Order
In reply to StarMaster (msg # 18):

We can have more then one in a specific location. Move me to 1 then. Easier to protect the cute girl.
Erin
 player, 16 posts
 Human
 Warlock
Fri 24 Apr 2015
at 22:37
Re: Marching Order
In reply to Elexia Mystchild (msg # 19):

Erin won't mind the company. Someone to talk to.
Catherine Duval
 player, 5 posts
 Half-Orc
 Figther
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 08:48
Re: Marching Order
Catherine would be up front and center so put me down for 2.
Lance Thorn
 player, 9 posts
 Human
 Paladin of Lathander
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 18:44
Re: Marching Order
Lance will take 1.
Kadom Windchaser Gethinriki
 player, 15 posts
 Goliath
 Fighter
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 19:14
Re: Marching Order
Since multiple people can be in the same location I'll be at two with Catherine.