Mission 2: Lonely Moof.   Posted by The Force.Group: 0
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 player, 260 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 10 / 13 St -- 6 / 10 Wo
Wed 28 Sep 2016
at 13:44
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Caddy ponders, We could have shot the freighter - to make it explode but I'm not so keen on taking any chance of the crew surviving away from them.  She fortunately doesn't have to make that call as Forim's silky smooth handling pulls them away from the fighters, the freighter and the cruiser.  "Nice one!"  She smiles at the Pilot and the rest of the team, "Retrospective?  What did you guys find on the way to the bridge?"
The Force
 GM, 577 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Wed 28 Sep 2016
at 14:56
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
The Shimmer makes a brief micro-jump and then exits lightspeed. Now that you are some way away from pursuit, you can plot your next jump. Carefully but efficiently, Forim plans out the next hyperspace jump to the rendezvous coordinates.

A few hours later, you have arrived at a waystation. Floating in space around an unnamed primary, you find a simple satellite broadcasting a signal. Your latest Rebel code unlocks the signal.

Attention Alpha Team,

Proceed to Ember Base, using following coordinates. Eyes only.
Destroy satellite after receiving this message.

Regards,

Rebel Command


Following the message are coordinates for a hyperspace jump.
Forim Luk
 PC, 395 posts
 the sum of the whole
 is greater than its parts
Wed 28 Sep 2016
at 15:10
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Forim starts working on the calculations for a multi stage jump to the provided coordinates.  While he does, he gets on the com and says "Hey Ikki, want some target practice?" with some good humor in his voice.


11:06, Today: Forim Luk rolled no successes, 3 advantages using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 1P 2A 2d 1b.  Rolling Astrogation.

Using the 4 advantages to realize I plotted a bad course after our first jump to the wrong system.  Ill wait till someone posts destroying the satellite / I get GM input.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:53, Thu 29 Sept 2016.

Dienton
 player, 209 posts
 Chadra-Fan,Sold/Medic
 W00/11, S03/12
Thu 29 Sep 2016
at 00:48
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Away from danger, Dienton silently retires to his bunk.  He walks slowly through the ship, the typical bounce in his step is gone.  Secluded from the rest of the group he sits and considers the mission and the events that had unfolded.
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 player, 261 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 10 / 13 St -- 6 / 10 Wo
Thu 29 Sep 2016
at 09:19
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
No one keen on discussing matters?   Mores the pity.   Having spent the few hours gathering her own thoughts she retired to a table and began examining the tablets.  There would be a lot to take in, but understanding the value of what they've recovered was important.  Unfortunately, even after an hour or so of reading, she really just wasn't able to fathom the schematics.  Engineering simply wasn't one of her strengths and so, with the tablets safely stowed, she turned to the Captain and Weequay.  "I'm sorry about your crew.  The Imperials destroyed your freighter.   The question for you two is... what now?  You've proven I can't trust you.  Ever turn you've defied me.  From the word go even to trying to escape at the last minute.  So tell me.  What am I to do with you?"   Hopefully even the Weequay would respond.  For a warlike race, they did enjoy negotiation.  That said, could she ever trust either of these two?

While she's talking, she'll retrieve the rebreather from a nearby cupboard... and the biometric safe.  She'll then ensure that she can vent the air should there be a problem with opening the box, and then use the Captain's fingerprint (or appropriate) to open it.  She'll not untie either of the captives.  They've certainly not earnt it!


[10:10, Today: Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu rolled 1 failure, 3 advantages using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 3a 2d.  Knowledge (Engineering).

I'll use my three advantages when I know what my options are for this pair.  My social skills aren't making a difference to their attitude towards me and with no trust on my part now, getting 'rid' of them for the 'bounty' on blacksun operatives is probably their best outcome :(]

This message was added to by the player at 09:19, Thu 29 Sept 2016.

Ikki Sorlock
 Scout, 218 posts
 Counter-Intel
Thu 29 Sep 2016
at 21:42
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
In reply to Forim Luk (msg # 226):

Ikki chuckled "Sure, I could use the practise" he answers as he slides down into the nearest gun. A while passes by, with the sound of the gun being fired and Ikki cursing until you finally hear the satellite explode along side Ikki's sigh of relief. Shooting a few bits of debris just in case "All good....finally."


If I need to acutally roll, I'd just roll until I hit it lots?
The Force
 GM, 579 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Fri 30 Sep 2016
at 00:03
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Nah.

Ikki blows up the satellite into its component molecules. Forim double-checks his math and concludes that everything is correct. The team strap themselves in. The Shimmer jumps to lightspeed.

Not long later, you come out of lightspeed in the Kubilaļ system, a little-known backwater. One of the planetoids was damaged by a collision centuries ago, and now it has a crater covering one-third of the surface.

You drift towards it slowly, using only short bursts of thrust. The fewer ion energy trails in the system, the better. Then you are hailed.

"Attention, incoming craft. Identify yourself."

The message comes from two X-Wings, approaching your position. They seem to have been concealed by drydocking on an asteroid, and are now approaching you with s-foils split.
Forim Luk
 PC, 398 posts
 the sum of the whole
 is greater than its parts
Fri 30 Sep 2016
at 00:21
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
"This is the Shimmer, please identify your intent" Forim says into the com keeping his hands on the stick.  These could easily be pirates with stolen X-Wings.
The Force
 GM, 580 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Fri 30 Sep 2016
at 00:35
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
"Rogue 4 and Rogue 5, out of Ember Base.  Good to see you, Shimmer. We've been expecting you."

"Adjust your heading 20 degrees portward. Allow us to escort you."

A few minutes later, you are directed to land. The landing site is outside a pressure dome, carefully painted in grey, sensor-reflective paint. From space, you can see a speeder.
Dienton
 player, 210 posts
 Chadra-Fan,Sold/Medic
 W00/11, S03/12
Fri 30 Sep 2016
at 01:04
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Dienton feels the lurch of the ship as it swings down and makes a smooth landing, a true testament to Forim's skill as a pilot.  He looks about his quarters and picks up a bag he had pilfered from the ship's supply.  Slowly he stows his weapons, medpac, and minor personal items.  He look at his supply of Stimpacks and hesitates, then he lays these on his bunk for the crew to use.

Dienton had been mentally preparing for this moment for some time now, but he still found it difficult.  He had fought with these beings and did feel some kinship.  Their mission at Mos Eisley had been the pinnacle of their work.  They had dealt blows against both the empire and the Hutt criminal organization, then the freighter mission had begun.  Though Dienton had embraced their assignment, as it wore on their actions had fallen far below that standard.  He knew that the freighter supplied the empire, but it wasn't a military target.  The death of the escort pilots had been necessary and he had dealt with it, but within the freighter the Alliance's callous disregard for the men and women on the freighter struck home.  To kidnap, press-gang, or detain beings who were NOT imperial soldiers or, at the time, even known criminals smacked of exercising power in a very Imperial way.

In the end, the freighter was a less than honest business, but at the time of boarding they did not know that, and they had been willing to destroy or steal items far beyond their mission assignment.

Dienton sighed heavily.  As soon as he feels the ship land and the boarding ramp lower, he walks down the corridor, nodding at anyone he sees, but not saying a word.  He walk into the base to discuss his resignation with the base commander.

OOC
Dienton has lost all faith in the alliance.  He is resigning and as long as the base commander will allow it, will return to Chad.  Though he believes that he may be imprisoned for life along with the freighters crew they had just "detained".  He does not support the empire, but cannot support the Alliance if they are employing the same tactics as the empire (kidnapping possibly innocent people especially pushed him over the edge).

He has left THREE stimpacks on his bunk for the parties use, the rest of his gear is staying with him.

I've had a good time folks.  I gave the GM notice I needed to stepout about 2 weeks ago, hopefully this doesn't put much of a bump in your game.  Adieu

This message was last edited by the player at 01:07, Fri 30 Sept 2016.

Forim Luk
 PC, 399 posts
 the sum of the whole
 is greater than its parts
Fri 30 Sep 2016
at 01:11
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Forim says "Good to see you, it's been a fun day."  He adjusts his course and then wiggles the ship slightly.  The maneuver is a bit sluggish, but it tells the fighter pilots that a fellow pilot is flying this tub.

Forim brings the ship down to the speeder.  He makes sure not run an extensive scan to ensure that his sensor logs would not hold any secure data.

Forim nods toward Dienton noting the morose look on his face and decides to give him space.  He hopes the small mechanic will get his bearings and join them on future missions.
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 player, 265 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 11 / 13 St -- 6 / 10 Wo
Fri 30 Sep 2016
at 12:24
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Caddy has little to do on the journey - though it was a short one - and will rest (for what it's worth).   After the docking, she'll head from the ship expecting the debriefing, carrying the tablet and whatever the contents of the safe was.
Ikki Sorlock
 Scout, 221 posts
 Counter-Intel
Fri 30 Sep 2016
at 22:26
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Ikki looks up to see his small teammate leave, with a sigh he returns to sharping his new weapons. Sad to see a teammate leave but he wasn't the first and probably wouldn't be the last. At least he was alive. Ikki placed a few of his weapons away with his other belongings. Not feeling like he needed to be armed to the teeth for the first time in a while. After landing, he'd walk with the reminder of his team.
The Force
 GM, 584 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Fri 30 Sep 2016
at 23:29
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Inside the locked box you took from the ship is two thousand eight hundred credits.

The area outside the pressure dome has only thin atmosphere. A pair of Rebels exit the speeder, wearing atmosphere suits. They are carrying crates that they place on the ship's access hatch.

Soon, you are inside the pressure dome. The Rebels escort you to the barracks, where you can get cleaned up and changed. "There's only a little hot water, so be quick. Otherwise no-one else gets any."

After refreshing and changing, you are brought to see General Rieekan. He introduces you to Lieutenant-Commander Taza Belami of Alliance Intelligence and Lieutenant Klivian of Rogue Squadron.

"Good to see you're all back safe & sound, Alpha Team. Since you've been in the field, we have some intelligence to share." Rieekan nods to Taza.

Taza opens a holo of a blaster carbine. "This is the E-11 blaster rifle; standard issue to Imperial ground troopers. Recent reports from the field suggest that they are now being produced with identity lockout features." She indicates a small chip present in the pistol grip. "We believe this device reads certain biometric features even through stormtrooper body-glove."

"We're working on breaking the code," Rieekan says firmly. "If you scavenge any guns, we'll find a use for them."

Hobbie has the next presentation. He opens a holo of a starfighter. "This is the TIE Interceptor, also called the TIE/In. We've been calling them 'Squints.' They're faster and more maneuverable than the TIEs that the Empire has been fielding. They're not equipped with life support systems, shields, or hyperdrives, though."

"The Empire continues to rely on superior numbers, and treat pilot survival as unimportant," concludes Rieekan. "Now, tell us about your findings."
Forim Luk
 PC, 403 posts
 the sum of the whole
 is greater than its parts
Fri 30 Sep 2016
at 23:55
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Salutes Lieutenant Klivian and says "It is an honor to meet you sir.  I have heard so much about you!"  It is not every day you get to meet a member of the famed Rogue Squadron!

Despite meeting someone so awesome, he settles down into his seat.  When asked what they found he says "We have two prisoners.  They were transporting Viper Droids parts.  We took an in-tact one - no programming though but we thought Intel would love the chance at going over it for weaknesses.  Turns out, though I bet you knew already, they were part of an imperial shipping network.  Their nav computer data could give us a location to hit."

It was a short summary, but it covered the main highlights while glossing over all the infighting that happend on mission.
The Force
 GM, 586 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 00:24
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Rieekan nods gravely. "If the Imperials are constructing probe droids in great numbers, it can only mean one thing: they're opening a broad net, to catch us one by one. We'll have to move our base, to an even more remote location. Perhaps if we can work out where they're starting from, it can help us stay on the far side of the galaxy. Good work."
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 player, 266 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 11 / 13 St -- 6 / 10 Wo
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 10:58
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
The summation was 'sufficient' but Caddy has to ask, "So what are the plans for the Captain and Security Officer of the tug we boarded?"
The Force
 GM, 587 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 11:12
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Taza replies. "I doubt we're going to get anything useful out of the weequay, so we'll probably end up letting him go. He seems to be loyal to the woman, so we may be able to leverage good behaviour from him with that. We suspect that Vinjagga is from a prominent family in the Core, so we will probably ransom her back for currency."
Ikki Sorlock
 Scout, 222 posts
 Counter-Intel
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 17:16
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Ikki stayed quiet as he took in the bounty and info that they had given them. Considering their best gunner had just left, it wasn't looking good in space fights considering he didn't seem to be able to hit anything.  "What's our next move, sir?" Already aware that many scouts had already been sent out to find a base location.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:16, Sat 01 Oct 2016.

The Force
 GM, 588 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 18:05
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
"For now, take some time to train your skills and rest up. Get your gear in order, and we'll have your ship ready in time for your next mission. I'll tell the Supply officer to have your pay ready as well. Dismissed." Rieekan and Taza head for the Signals office.

Hobbie says, "I'll show you around Ember Base. There's some people you should meet."

Ember base doesn't take long to explore. The pressure dome encompasses most of it. Outside are some guard stations and satellite dishes, and a few concealed landing areas for small craft.

Hobbie shows you the Supply station, where you can collect your pay and get new gear. Unfortunately, the Rebellion is on a shoestring budget and needs every credit it can get; you're encouraged to collect your pay in munitions and supplies instead of cash. Either way, each of you has earned two thousand credits.

He also shows you the canteen, an area set aside for combat training -- "we call it the Arena," -- and SigInt, the bases' communications building.

"And this is Mechanics," he says finally. "You'll find Vreecha Springett here. He's not part of the Rebellion; he's made it quite clear he's only here for the money. We need his help, though. He's the only one for light years who can repair a fighter-grade sublight engine. He is also an armourer; if you need weapon modifications, he'll do them for cash."
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 player, 267 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 11 / 13 St -- 6 / 10 Wo
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 23:44
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Interesting... not exactly what she had suspected but at least they'd survive the ordeal - not quite what could be said for the other crew members... just a pity they had not listened to her (something that saddened her - not that she could have done more about it!)

"Thank you, Sirs...."  Dismissed.   She could do with the down-time but to be so easily dismissed was a little disconcerting.  The tour though was of 'some' interest and she made a mental note to ask the armourer what he might know of the hilt she'd discovered.  Beyond that, she went to her assigned bunk and... settled.  She needed the rest.
Onyx
 Bounty Hunter, 189 posts
 11/12 strain
 9/13 wounds
Mon 3 Oct 2016
at 03:32
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Onyx hands his Old sporting rifle in for a heavy blaster rifle. He was sad to see his rifle go, but after taking some practice shots, he quickly got over his disappointment. The rifle costed him a good deal of credits, but he figured it would be worth it when their next fight came around. Onyx then went to see what equipment he could have access to now that he is a rebellion specialist. It's...clothes, well at first glance. At a second it's lined with a thick material. Onyx tries it on. Not quite as comfortable as his old environmental gear, but it'll do. He shoulders his new rifle, grabs his old environmental armor and returns to the ship to go see how the others shopping is going.
Forim Luk
 Duros Spacer, 411 posts
 Flight Officer
 0/12s 0/13w
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 17:35
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Forim spends some time with the stores officer.  He sees a beautiful flight suit, and exchanges his leathers for it. It fits like a glove!

Next he gets the gaudy gold plating off the gun he salvaged, giving it more of a used steel look.  Additionally, he gets the grip replaced with a fligt stick.  He is a pilot after all.


When he is done, he is a happy camper and ready to head off on the next mission.
Ikki Sorlock
 Human Scout, 227 posts
 Counter-Intel
 Specialist
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 22:11
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Ikki handed over his Vibroaxe to Vreecha, asking for a balanced hilt and Stun pulse mod onto it. Before sliding over some credits, tell him to bill the Alliance for the rest.

As he arrived at the Supply station the first thing that caught his eye was a set of Mountaineer Armour. The armour was cool and practical, from the protected to the assist on climbing, the built in areas and room to expand. Plus it kinda looked like a duster mixed with armour which also fit in with a traveler aspect.

A few moments he left with his clothes under his arm, breaking in the armour as he made his way to the Arena to practise.
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 277 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 11 / 13 St -- 6 / 10 Wo
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 22:46
Mission 2: Lonely Moof
Caddy wasn't much into guns and axes though when shopping, she is introduced to Synth-Weave armour. Body hugging, concealed and just perfect under her dress. Just up her street. She buys it having made only a half-hearted attempt at haggling.

For the remainder of her downtime she tinker with the sabre hilt and will generally make a nuisance of herself in the engineering bays as she tries to understand its inner workings.