Between the Stars.   Posted by The Force.Group: 0
Forim Luk
 PC, 253 posts
 the sum of the whole
 is greater than its parts
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 16:28
Between the Stars
Forim says "I got a slug rifle from our excursion, but I don't mind keeping it if no one wants it.  Ill take a Carbine."

With a chuckle he adds "You earned that axe"
The Force
 GM, 461 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 19:50
Between the Stars
The ship's instruments howls out an alarm. You rush to your stations, ready for action.

In the cockpit, the sensors alert you to a new proximity contact. A freighter has arrived in system.

Shortly after dropping out of lightspeed, the freighter begins broadcasting an Alliance code.
Forim Luk
 PC, 257 posts
 the sum of the whole
 is greater than its parts
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 20:24
Between the Stars
"Alliance code" Forim says for the benifits of those not in the cockpit as he punches a few buttons on his console and responds by sending his own codes.

After he waits a few moments for their communication people to verify the code he opens a channel "Funny meeting you here, out in the middle of no where"
Dienton
 player, 126 posts
 Chadra-Fan,Sold/Medic
 W08/11, S7/12
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 21:06
Between the Stars
To Forim
"Born and raised on Chad, but got a serious case of wanderlust as I was just finishing medical school.  Went on a walkabout and, completely by accident, fell in with a band of rebels escaping pursuit.  After a while, I joined wholeheartedly." he spread his arms wide "And here I am" he smiled

To The group
Dienton looked at the gear appreciatively.  He grabbed a carbine for himself, really it was the largest weapon he could wield, but it was better than the slugthrower he had attempted!  He grabbed up one of the vibroknives as well.  "Thanks for grabbing all this gear, hopefully we can get some exchange credits from the alliance for the rest of it"
Forim Luk
 PC, 259 posts
 the sum of the whole
 is greater than its parts
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 21:12
Between the Stars
To Dienton:
"And we are glad you are" he says with a smile poking him in the chest with his arms spread wide unable to defend himself.

To Group:
"The Alliance is short on supplies, so I doubt it.  My vote would be to just donate what we cant use."
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 player, 163 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 2 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 21:36
Between the Stars
Caddy will each to the cockpit when the proximity alarm sounds but won't interrupt Forim as he sends out the greeting.
The Force
 GM, 462 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 23:12
Between the Stars
The comm crackles.

"No coincidence about it. I'm here to meet 'Alpha Team.' I guess that's you."

The ship turned and flew into a clear area of space near your position.

"Come out of the asteroid belt and dock with us. And round up all your spare munitions."
Dienton
 player, 127 posts
 Chadra-Fan,Sold/Medic
 W00/11, S00/12
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 23:18
Between the Stars
Dienton opens his comm channel so he can hear whats going on with the arrived ship.  He hears the other pilot
quote:
And round up all your spare munitions.
, he mutters under his breath "You should at least take me to dinner first, you jerk" - He grins in wry mirth.

The note of the greeting struck him as slightly off, however - so he moved to the ventral turret and got comfy, just in case.
Ikki Sorlock
 Scout, 165 posts
 Counter-Intel
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 23:21
Between the Stars
Ikki grins at his Duros comrade, one of the only original cell members he had left and spun his axe around and chuckled back at Forim "Good answer!" .  As the alarm went off as Forim alerted them that it was Alliance code, He was half way to climbing down into the turret once again.

Ikki chukcled at Dienton "Better in our hands than the Empire, We'll donate or sell what we can, but I'd like to keep a spare..."

Ikki rolled his eyes at the Chadra-Fan and bumped him with his knee gently, "Or at least say please...." He jokes along with the Solider Medic.
Forim Luk
 PC, 262 posts
 the sum of the whole
 is greater than its parts
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 23:27
Between the Stars
"Hold tight.  Setting course for your port docking hatch." then adds after a pause "Prepare to be boarded!" with a chuckle.

Forim double checks all the ships readings, then starts flipping switches.  He eases the ship off the asteroid they had docked with and out of the belt itself.

As they approach the ship, he flicks another switch telling the computer to get a reading on the vessel they are about to dock with.  Size, Lifeforms, Weapons compliment.  That kinda thing.

18:25, Today: Forim Luk rolled 1 success, 1 threat using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 3A 1d.  Rolling Computers.
Sensors

This message was last edited by the player at 23:51, Thu 11 Aug 2016.

Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 player, 165 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 2 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 23:47
Between the Stars
Would they talk like that? Caddy wasn't sure if it was just the other pilot being relaxed in speech of if he was hiding something....

[00:48, Today: Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu rolled no successes, 1 threat using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 3a 3d.  Perception .]

This message was last edited by the player at 23:50, Thu 11 Aug 2016.

The Force
 GM, 463 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 00:21
Between the Stars
The ship is a modified Class 720 freighter. It has an extra laser turret and a radiation output large enough to suggest upgraded engines.

They seem to be carrying some extra mass, suggesting at least a partial cargo.

Onboard you detect four lifeforms.

Caddy has a hard time sensing the truth of the captain's words. Without nonverbal signals and with only a few words to go on, her perception is limited.

You dock with the ship with a flexible plasteel tube. A few of you go across while the rest stay on action stations.

The ship's airlock pops open and you face the owner. He is a male twi'lek wearing a bright red shirt. He has a blaster sheathed on his hip. Beside him is an ugnaut, carrying a bag.

"Alpha Team, right? I'm Har'Kress. I'm a... Freelance shipper. I was hired by some friends of yours to deliver a message."

Har'Kress reaches into the bag held by his subordinate and pulls out a datapad. He hands it to you.
Forim Luk
 PC, 264 posts
 the sum of the whole
 is greater than its parts
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 00:28
Between the Stars
Forim is standing at the entry way, his new blaster in a makeshift holster on his own hip.  He smiles and says "Nice to meet you Mr Freelance Shipper.  I am Alpha one, This is Alpha two, and so on"  He takes the datapad and reads it quickly to see if it confirms what the man said.

He pulls out his own datapad to decrypt it using the key provided to them at the start of the mission.  That should validate the man as coming from his superiors.
The Force
 GM, 464 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 01:48
Between the Stars
The datapad the smuggler provides you is sealed using an Alliance code. You open it and find your next briefing.

Alpha Team,
The Empire has begun an unprecedented military buildup. All sectors are on high alert, and they're on full war production.

They're planning on hunting us down. We need to stay ahead of them. For that, we need intelligence.

Make your way to the Bright Jewel system. Begin recon of Ord Mantell. There's patrols in the area, so don't approach the planet. Use long-range sensors and avoid contact.

Optimal target is a bulk freighter with minimal escort leaving the planet. Locate a suitable target. Then intercept and capture it.

Your primary objective is to download the ship's navicomputer data. We need to know where it's been and where it's going. (Intelligence)

Secondary objectives:
 - Misinformation on the objective. Take steps to prevent the Empire from determining the purpose of the attack. (Counter-Intel)
 - Determine if any crew would be useful sources of information. Detain them as prisoners of war. (Personnel)
 - The Alliance always needs more materiel. Locate any useful cargo and secure it aboard your ship. (Resource Acquisition)
 - Destroy any escort craft and prevent your own ship from being damaged. (Space Superiority)

Facilitate as many of these as possible. (Support)

Following this mission, report to the outpost on planet Taul. Approach codes are provided in attached file.

May the Force be with you.

-- General Rieekan


Har'kess cranes his neck, trying to see what is written on the datapad, but you keep it away fairly easily. He gives up.

"I was told that you might have some extra supplies. The market for guns is hot right now. I can take them off your hands in exchange for credits." He buffs his clawlike fingernails. "Of course, service out here in the wilderness incurs a convenience charge."
Forim Luk
 PC, 265 posts
 the sum of the whole
 is greater than its parts
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 03:23
Between the Stars
Forim smiles and shuts the datapad off for later review with the crew.  "That we do Mr Freelancer!  Right this way.  Please come take a look and let us know what you can offer for them."

He leads them to the table where the extra weapons are laying and says "Here are our extra supplies.  The stormtroopers were so kind in letting us have their equipment for the inconvenience they caused us."
The Force
 GM, 469 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 23:20
Between the Stars
The merchant's ugnaut crew collect your extra supplies. Har'Kress himself frowns over the E-11 blaster carbines.

"You got these from some backwater garrison, right? They must not have gotten the new upgrades yet. That's convenient. Okay, I'll take them."

He orders his crew to collect your chosen purchases from his hold. Then he makes up the change in grimy credit bills.
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 player, 167 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 2 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Sat 13 Aug 2016
at 01:34
Between the Stars
Interesting.  Caddy remains close so that she's able to read the orders along with Forim, maybe a little surprised that he'd take 'control' in matters of negotiation but allowing him to do so - space was, after all, his forte.   She did however step in to ensure that she negotiated for items she felt were important to her and the group and even twisted the 'Freelancer's' arm when it game to the stim packs that he'd denied Dienton at first, getting a full 10 for the group... before spotting something rather... special.  "I'll have that too."  She points out the sabre hilt hiding in a corner of a pile of offered items.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:40, Sun 14 Aug 2016.

Onyx
 Bounty Hunter, 174 posts
 12/12 strain
 13/13 wounds
Sat 13 Aug 2016
at 16:36
Between the Stars
Onyx would have liked to keep to himself for the duration of the trip, but tight quarters meant that wasn't an option when someone came looking to talk. Dienton approached him, and Onyx wasn't exactly annoyed. After they had fought together on Tatooine he had respect for the little guy. Then Dienton got a little too personal for Onyx's liking. Asking about the past. Onyx shared that he was from Coruscant, more than he usually would, but no questioning form Dienton would get him to reveal anything more.

Other than that Onyx was able to stay to himself. He was offered some medical help for his now minor injuries, but he declined preferring to heal up in a more natural way without the help of bacta. As the crew begins making the pile of plunder, Onyx adds a blaster pistol to the pile and 457 credits to the team's bank. With that out of the way, he returns to his quarters enjoying the privacy and the short break from the nonstop action.

When they arrived at the meeting spot Onyx prepared himself for a fight. As they negotiated he stood off to the side rifle in hand observing the freelancer. Making sure nothing tricky was going on. The deal seemed to be going well, so Onyx put his rifle back around his back. Seeing Caddy working for some extra gear Onyx lets her know that he would like an extra reload for his rifle. With that done he waits anticipation starting to build for their next mission.
Dienton
 player, 131 posts
 Chadra-Fan,Sold/Medic
 W00/11, S00/12
Sat 13 Aug 2016
at 20:48
Between the Stars
Having spent the majority of his Credits on the MedKit, Dienton retreated towards the main cabin so they could discuss their new mission.
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 player, 172 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 2 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Sat 13 Aug 2016
at 21:33
Between the Stars
An extra reload?  That shouldn't be a problem... and after further negotiation with the 'Freelancer' she hands Onyx what he needed.

"So tell me, how's you come by the hilt?"

[22:31, Today: Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu rolled 1 success, 4 advantages using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 1d 1a 2p.  Extra Reload.]
The Force
 GM, 471 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Sun 14 Aug 2016
at 15:02
Between the Stars
"Oh, that? It's a family heirloom," Har'Kress lies cheerfully. "Great-Grandfather Lor'Kress, may he rest in peace, used it. That's why the family colour is green. So, you want it? Shame to part with it, but we have to look to the future."
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 player, 174 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 2 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Sun 14 Aug 2016
at 16:59
Between the Stars
"Oh really?" She was no fool and while she'd have loved to know the history of the hilt, now wasn't the time to confront the Freelancer. "One last thing... we are looking for a freighter.   Any chance you know where we could procure one?"
The Force
 GM, 473 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Sun 14 Aug 2016
at 17:27
Between the Stars
"Nope. Not in the ship-dealing business. The way I hear it, everything with an intact hull is being snapped up by contractors."

He glances at the ugnauts, hauling stuff back & forth and squabbling with one another. He swats one on the shoulders irritably.

"Are we almost done here? The sooner I'm off, the sooner I can start making a profit. And the sooner you can get back to your..." he waves his hand dismissively. "... Freedom fighting."
Ikki Sorlock
 Scout, 170 posts
 Counter-Intel
Sun 14 Aug 2016
at 22:59
Between the Stars
Ikki double checks the amount of credits he got before placing them in his utility belt. Looking over to Har'Kress after his jab "There's credits in freedom too, y'know." Sorlock simply states before making his way away to go to his bed to start thinking of a way to throw the Empire off their trail. Pirates and Raideres were always a good excuse but to make it seem legit would be the hard part.
The Force
 GM, 475 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Wed 17 Aug 2016
at 01:48
Between the Stars
After completing the last of the transactions, the trader says a meaningful 'goodbye.' Your ships disconnect, and you part ways.

Soon, the trader flits into hyperspace. You make sure that they are gone before you set your own course, to minimize the chance of them noticing your trajectory.

Then it's time to leave. Forim brings the ship into open space. You strap into your seats. You punch up a course to your next destination. Then, with the pull of a lever, the stars turn into starlines.