M3: Kindred Power.   Posted by The Force.Group: 0
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 332 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Wed 22 Feb 2017
at 19:20
M3: Kindred Power
Caddy poinders this a moment longer than she might otherwise have as Forim sends her a message.  She then replies, ++"Hmm.  They'll be providing a workable distraction right now - so long as we don't get caught up in matters   Leave them for now though keep an eye on things and see if you can arrange an unobserved path from the lifts into the ship so we can get someone aboard without the constabulary noticing."++

She turns back to Ikki and the Gran, "We... certainly do.   But we'll need a little more to confirm that you are who you are and that your more than just a run away.   I'm sure the shift master,"  she motions to the rukus above, "Will take kindly to your skiving."

[Triumph - even if it is more than 2d to Ensure he gives over his identity and confirms he has the good so to speak.

19:19, Today: Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu rolled 1 success, 2 advantages, 1 triumph using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 1a 2p 2b 2d.  Deception / Negotiation.

Oh... and 1B from earlier, 1B from the Rukus]

This message was last edited by the player at 19:20, Wed 22 Feb.

Forim Luk
 Duros Spacer, 462 posts
 Flight Officer
 0/12s 0/13w
Wed 22 Feb 2017
at 19:35
M3: Kindred Power
Forim Luk:
++Roger that.  Remaining on the ship to overhear, but do not have a good vantage point to observe.++

The Force
 GM, 679 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Thu 23 Feb 2017
at 04:26
M3: Kindred Power
"Sounds like he has bigger problems than me right now," Kliss-Meen observes. "Still, I think maybe it would be a good time to leave." He glances around, his eyestalks swiveling desperately.
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 334 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Thu 23 Feb 2017
at 08:43
M3: Kindred Power
At which Caddy will specifically 'wait' as she waits for him to respond directly to her question.  If he wants her 'help' in getting out of here, he'll need to be a tad more forthcoming.
The Force
 GM, 681 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Thu 23 Feb 2017
at 18:36
M3: Kindred Power
Kliss-Meen gapes at Caddy as she stands, arms folded. "Look, do you hear that? There are dudes with guns up there. Now I know a big fancy off-worlder like you probably doesn't think much of the local seccers with their little popguns, but when you get enough of them together they make a pretty good cloud of lead!"

Kliss-Meen's eyestalks alight on the nearby cargo vehicles. He points a quavering hand at them.
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 335 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Fri 24 Feb 2017
at 08:34
M3: Kindred Power
She smiles, "Thank you kindly."   She portrayed calm disinterest in the commotion above and left the Gran with Ikki as she went over to examine the vehicle.  What was he hiding?  He still hadn't confirmed his identity and so while Caddy keeps her eyes peeled for anything she could confirm the man's origins with.

[08:31, Today: Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu rolled 2 failures, 1 advantage using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 3a 1b 2d.  Perception.

Apparently I can't see any identifying docs :(  But maybe the advantage will allow me to ensure we grab the technical stuff that we need to take with us?

Assuming we get 'something', she'll take steps to gather it and then with Ikki and the Gran, begin making their way back to the ship.]

The Force
 GM, 682 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Sat 25 Feb 2017
at 06:48
M3: Kindred Power
Caddandra recalls the holo they saw of Kliss-Meen before leaving. It looked exactly like this gran does, save for a little less dirt. She does note the 'hardened' datapad he slips into his leather pouch on his waist.

Suddenly the situation escalates. A half-dozen sentients of all races leap down the faller at once. At the same time, the large freight elevator begins its slow descent.

Kliss-Meen begins hopping from foot to foot. "Come on, come on," he barks.

Roll Cool or Vigilance. Begin action rounds.
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 336 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 08:40
M3: Kindred Power
"Calm down, Kliss-Meen.  There's only one way up and it is via the elevator.  It has to come down before we go up." (If the Gran wants to suggest an alternate route of escape, he is more than welcome to!)

She then turns to Ikki, "What have you found in the cargo pod?"  She wasn't sure if the Gran had been suggesting they use it as transport or whether there was more....++"And heads up, we have company and they don't look immediately friendly."++  She comms the latter so Forim can hear this too and does so even as she steps forward and calmly withdraws the datapad from Kliss-Meen's pouch.  "I'll need this a moment...."  (If he has a problem with this, she can convince him otherwise given the imminent threat.)  That done, she'll step towards the lift controls and hammer a closed fist against rather dusty 'emergency stop' button situated near the bottom (all lifts have them, after all!  And despite this being a mine in a backwater world, safety would be part of the design....)

[OOC: Spend a lightside point for the Emergency Stop button, please.

08:33, Today: Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu rolled 1 success, 3 advantages using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 3a.  Cool.]

This message was last edited by the player at 08:40, Mon 27 Feb.

The Force
 GM, 684 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Wed 1 Mar 2017
at 02:00
M3: Kindred Power
Kliss-Meen shrieks like he has been stabbed as Caddanra grabs his pad, but is too surprised by her sudden lunge to stop her. "Hey, give that back!" he whines as he chases her.

Caddy slams the stop button and, sure enough, the freight elevator stops moving. You hear the distant sound of curses and complaints as the people locked in a metal box make their displeasure known.

At this moment the first of the thugs land from the faller. It is a rodian wearing the same tattered and disorganized paramilitary uniform as the 'security' staff in the dome city.

The rodian points at Kliss-Meen and buzzes in accented but understandable Basic. "zzzzstop, Kwwik-Kwwik! Don't yoo go anywherr!" More thugs begin to land behind him.

Kliss-Meen visibly pales. "Oh, . It's Vodo. I, uh, played a little sabacc with him the other day..."
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 338 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Wed 1 Mar 2017
at 12:42
M3: Kindred Power
Caddy had hoped the Emergency Stop button would have worked on the faller too but alas and so with Klis-Meen and Ikki close behind her and the first of the thugs about to land, she carefully slipped the tablet beneath the high-vis coverall she'd been supplied... before turning (timing this to ensure the thug had just landed and shouted) and slapping Kliss-Meen across the face.  She then turns to the thugs, "Good of you to join us.  My name is Caddanra Hut.   I'll be heading upstairs shortly having taken ownership this individual.  Do you have a problem with that?"  She's hoping that her words, the name, and the implied slavery along with Ikki's presence will give these thugs serious pause.  After all, who claims the name title and gets away with it?

[12:40, Today: Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu rolled 4 successes, 1 threat using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 1a 3p 2b 2d.  Deception. (Bonus from previous advantages and 1 for Ikki's presence)

I'll take the threat as a sore hand - 1 Strain]

This message was last edited by the player at 12:42, Wed 01 Mar.

The Force
 GM, 685 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Thu 2 Mar 2017
at 01:14
M3: Kindred Power
Vodo the rodian thug-boss is momentarily stymied. His proboscis twitches, a sure sign of disconcertion. He turns to his crew, just arriving behind him and waiting for his word. They brandish slugthrowers and vibroblades.

"Get that ozzer elevator workingk again!" He bellows nasally. They rush to comply. Five sentients crowd around the control panel.
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 339 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Thu 2 Mar 2017
at 08:38
M3: Kindred Power
"How kind of you, Vodo"  She thanks Rhodian, "I'll make a note of name.  It is so hard to get good help and as I'm sure you know, we are always looking for capable help to promote up the ranks."  She'll not interfere as they re-activate the lift as her intention is still to get out of here.
The Force
 GM, 686 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Thu 2 Mar 2017
at 23:48
M3: Kindred Power
Moments later the freight elevator is on its way down again. The thugs spread out around Kliss-Meen. They murmur threats and brandish their knives threateningly, smiling the whole while.

Vodo the rodian faces Caddy, his huge round eyes seemingly locked on her. "What zstake do you have on him?" he buzzes challengingly.
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 340 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Fri 3 Mar 2017
at 12:52
M3: Kindred Power
No doubt Ikki will glare back at anyone approaching Kliss-Meen leaving Caddy to focus on and answer Vodo without significant distraction - and she does so while smiling prettily, "His life.  I am... how to put this delicately... a debt a collector."  For someone pretty, her words match the challenge in an oddly girly and overly concerning way.  "I'd suggest you not challenge me on that though if he owes you a debt and you can prove it, I may be convinced to allow you partial compensation."

[OOC: It's all about the negotiation.  Beginning with the intimidation (stick), ending with consolation (carrot).

12:51, Today: Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu rolled 3 successes using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 1a 2p 2d.  Negotiation.]

The Force
 GM, 687 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Fri 3 Mar 2017
at 14:24
M3: Kindred Power
The rodian emits a few snaps and buzzes. "Compenzation. Very gud. He owez usz... one thousszand creditz, approxzimately. Do you have caszh?"
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 341 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Sat 4 Mar 2017
at 13:58
M3: Kindred Power
Caddy gives the man a withering glance at the suggestion that she does not have the necessary credits (and after her 'claim!'), "Proof Vodo.   I wasn't born yesterday.  Show me proof and we'll come to an accommodation.  Lie to me and I'll have you killed and fed piece by piece into the recyclers by your men using only their teeth."  This all still said with a coy smile on her features.
The Force
 GM, 688 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Sat 4 Mar 2017
at 15:11
M3: Kindred Power
Vodo pauses to take all that in. Apparently Basic isn't his first language. The other thugs appear disgusted and impatient. Kliss-Meen is past nervous and now appears terrified.

Vodo pulls the hammer back on his slugthrower pistol. "You are not in a gud place to demand proof. He owez us money for cardz. If you don't pay, we will make you pay."

Discipline check to resist coercion: 4D 1C
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 342 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Sun 5 Mar 2017
at 15:10
M3: Kindred Power
Clearly the thug 'has a point' and his 'flexing' of that situation leaves Caddy with clear concerns despite Ikki's support.  And so she's forced to back down, "Fine... you have a point.  You shouldn't be out of pocket for this piece of dung and... I'm generous by nature. A thousand credits.  Now, Take your hand from your weapon or the deal is off and I'll be forced to break my agreement with the Frumar about shedding blood down here."

[14:56, Today: Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu rolled no successes, 3 threats using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 1P 2A 1B 4D 1C.  Disc.

Flipping 1 Light side... and using 1B from Ikki being there.

Also, since my string of successful rolls don't seem to be having an affect on the man, I'd suggest that both Ikki and I would be ready to make good on her threat.   Please feel free to roll Deception 1A 2P 1B + A lightside point if you choose to roll it
.]
The Force
 GM, 689 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Sun 5 Mar 2017
at 16:10
M3: Kindred Power
Vodo appears nonplussed. He glances between his thugs, who shrug and grin greedily.

"You have cazsh on you? Or on your zip?" Vodo says cautiously. He holsters his slugthrower and rubs his proboscis.
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 343 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Sun 5 Mar 2017
at 20:55
M3: Kindred Power
"You don't expect me to carry that kind of cash around with me now do you?"  She rolls her eyes, "Let's get a move on and we'll see what we can do."
The Force
 GM, 690 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Sun 5 Mar 2017
at 21:00
M3: Kindred Power
Finally the freight elevator trundles to the floor. Half a dozen toughs burst out, weapons bared. They lose their initiative when they see everyone standing around, not fighting. Vodo turns to them.

"Everyone get in the elevator. We are on our way to the lady'sz zip."

The elevator is crowded on its way up. Kliss-Meen is particularly nervous. Vodo faces forward, humming and buzzing.
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 344 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Mon 6 Mar 2017
at 16:26
M3: Kindred Power
Caddy will tap her comm then as they are making their way up, ++"You'll not be able to get everyone inside the ship.  And besides, I wouldn't want," a quick head count x2, "pairs of feet dirtying my decks.  Maybe you could select a couple of trusted individuals to join you?"++   Caddy has two aims here... the first to tell Forim that he'll have company - unwanted company at that - and secondly she's attempting to sow seeds of mistrust between these thugs.   After all, if they are wanting an under-the-table cash deal, Vodo clearly won't want all the members of his 'gang' knowing just how much he'd made?

This message was last edited by the player at 08:25, Fri 10 Mar.

The Force
 GM, 691 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Thu 9 Mar 2017
at 14:55
M3: Kindred Power
Vodo scratches under his neck scales, pondering. He continues this way until the freight elevator reaches the dome level. The door slides open to reveal a group of black-clad security men & women standing nearby. They form lines to the left and right, creating a sort of aisle from the freight elevator to the doorway. One of them is wearing Imperial-style rank pips on his chest.

"By order of the mining corporation, you are expelled from these premises. Depart immediately or we will use force."

Their numbers are roughly equal, although the black-uniformed people have no armour and are carrying stun rods rather than blades and guns. They also look nervous, rather than the security thugs' expressions of vicious bloodthirst.

Vodo waves dismissively. "Calm down, Threk. We are leaving now."
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 345 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Fri 10 Mar 2017
at 08:32
M3: Kindred Power
Caddy considers what to do as they arrive at the top to meet the 'official' security for the mine.   Vodo does seem to have this well in hand but if she made a show of 'struggling', maybe they'd react to it and deal with each other allowing her, Ikki and their 'mark' to leave unmolested?  It was going to be a hard call but she makes it in favour of Vodo given how nervous the uniformed individuals are.   Guessing the conflict would be rather one-sided she chooses to simply avoid it though she does give Threk a worried, nervous, look as she walks past him - let him take that and act on it as he pleases.
The Force
 GM, 693 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Fri 10 Mar 2017
at 22:16
M3: Kindred Power
The black garbed security forces are more ready for a fight than eager for a fight. They allow the smirking and coughing soldiers to pass with little more than weary glances. If their boss was planning to intervene and play White night to the endangered princess, he isn't leaping at the chance. Instead the thugs escort Caddy into the Dome town.

At first, march along as a great big unit. Gradually a few of the security thugs break off and wander away. You don't see any communication between them.

You crossed into the minor Airwalk Dome and through the transparent walls you can see the Sunset Shimmer out on the landing field. The gangplank is down, and at the foot of IT stand a dozen more thugs. They appear to be in a standoff with Forim. The two sentients Caddy hired before entering the mine are nearby as well.

Back to 'At The Ship'

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:40, Sat 11 Mar.