EB: Briefing.   Posted by The Force.Group: 0
Xyklo Voozul
 Verpine Soldier, 17 posts
Mon 20 Mar 2017
at 16:39
EB: Briefing
Xyklo nods at Caddy's reply.
"Alive. Yep. Ok. Good to check."

At Jurells suggestion that the Empire would exact a brutal cleansing of anyone with knowledge of Jedi related secrets they wished to remain hidden, the Verpine scowled. Well, the carahide above his eyes creased visibly.

"Yeah. They're murderous fascists all right. Good thing we got the personnel objective right. No one gets left behind," he growls, or possibly buzzes, his voice temporarily reverting to a more primal state.
The Force
 GM, 727 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Mon 20 Mar 2017
at 21:40
EB: Briefing
Princess Leia remains quiet as her aide answers the questions posed so far.

"The Sunset Shimmer is being repaired and replenished. It should be ready soon; I'll update the team that you will be using it. I'll memo Supply that you would like some extra crash kits and survival gear."

"In addition to determining for ourselves the details of the Tree, which we have code-named The Resource for this mission, we would like to know what intel the Imperials have on it. To that end..."

"To that end, we need sentient intelligence," Princess Leia finishes. Her aide goes back to tapping her datapad. "Rebel Command has authorized eight hundred credits for refuelling. We estimate this to be enough for two refuels, which should be enough to get you back to base after the mission."

On the subject of bribes and resource expenditures, she says nothing. From a career politician, that speaks volumes.
B1-P3 'Roger'
 Droid Pilot, 22 posts
Tue 21 Mar 2017
at 00:47
EB: Briefing
 “Wow.  Imagine if it really is a tree…” Roger muses to himself.
He turns his attention to Leia and her aides, “Is there a limit to the amount of time we can spend on this mission?  When are we expected back?”
The Force
 GM, 728 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Tue 21 Mar 2017
at 01:05
EB: Briefing
Princes Leia answers. "Rebel Command is not dispatching you lightly. We expect you to take as much time as is required to find proof of the Resource. Remember that the longer you are on the ground, the more Imperials will focus on you."
Jospi Renning
 Human Engineer, 11 posts
Tue 21 Mar 2017
at 08:32
EB: Briefing
Unfolding his arms, Jospi sets his hands, palms down, on the table.  "Very well.  It seems we have a mission; it's objectives and expectations are clear.  As this is open ended and knowledge of our presence is frowned upon, let's make sure we have basic supplies for a month planetside in addition to the round trip flight time.  That way, if we need to, we can deploy in a remote area away from the inhabitants and not have to expose ourselves by going grocery shopping.  Aside from spikes, are there any other requests for specialized gear?  If so, let's hear them.  If not, let's get going."
Xyklo Voozul
 Verpine Soldier, 18 posts
Tue 21 Mar 2017
at 08:53
EB: Briefing
Xyklo grins and puts his hand up again.
"How about some more jam for the journey?"
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 366 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 5 / 10 Wo
Tue 21 Mar 2017
at 11:19
EB: Briefing
Caddy smiled at the request for more 'jam' but leaves the others to talk about what might be needed, her own thoughts dwelling oddly on the hilt she'd kept well hidden in her personal equipment.
The Force
 GM, 729 posts
 Binds all life together
 May the Force be with you
Tue 21 Mar 2017
at 16:30
EB: Briefing
Princess Leia is called away. "Good luck, and may the Force be with you." Her bodyguard precedes her from the room.

After you leave, you are escorted to a barracks that has been emptied of other personnel. "All contact and movement are restricted until you leave," explains the Seargent-at-arms, whose name is Thengual. "This barracks is for your use. Meals will be brought to you. If you need to leave, you will be escorted. You will be able to inspect the ship tomorrow afternoon. You will depart in two standard days."

Caddenra is handed a stack of flimsiplasts in a file marked 'Eyes only. Destroy after reading.'

"These are your agent profiles. You are authorized to share them with your second-in-command."

With that, the agent leaves. A few minutes later, a member of the custodial team brings you fresh clothes, baked bread, and homemade soda.
Xyklo Voozul
 Verpine Soldier, 19 posts
Tue 21 Mar 2017
at 17:19
EB: Briefing
The change in environment dampens the Verpines trivial joviality. It feels serious now. He prowls around the barracks, his system still twitchy from the sugar loading. After exhausting the possibilities of exploration within the confines he finds a space near Caddanra.
"We will get a chance to check our gear before departing, right? Should I speak to you about reserve power charges for weapons? I have a couple but, you know..." he glances from the pink princess to the Duros, and back again.

"I haven't worked as part of a team in a long time," He turns his head to take in Jospi, Leic, Kraken and Jurell. "Feels....   good."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 17:31, Tue 21 Mar.

Forim Luk
 Duros Spacer, 510 posts
 Flight Officer
 12/12w 13/13s stims:0
Tue 21 Mar 2017
at 17:23
EB: Briefing
Forim follows the guard to their room, then waits until they close the door.

Looking at the new people he says "Hello Everyone, I am Flight Officer Luk.

Of the 12 beings who have joined Alpha Squadron over our last few missions, I am the only original member.  Caddy has been with Alpha Team for a while, joining near the beginning.  She got lucky and got to skip basic training.

That said, management seems to simply call whoever is on the mission with me Alpha Team without any official paperwork to say the roster has been formally updated.  I guess welcome to Alpha Team.
" he says with a shrug.

"I am the pilot of our ship, a YT-1300 named the Sunset Shimmer that has quite a few miles on it.  It has two turret mounted medium laser cannons, and one forward mounted medium laser cannon.  While flying, I tend to focus on flying and not shooting.  That means there are three gunnery positions up for grab.  If we only have two takers, then I can take pot shots with the forward cannons when the situation presents itself.

Lieutenant Manitu is the ranking officer in this team, however when situations come up and we are flying, I have tended to call the shots.

We know this is going to be a hard mission, and respecting the chain of command while on the mission is going to prevent us from getting killed.  There is no point arguing like a bunch of children because you don't like the orders that are being given.  If you think they are wrong, please politley state why they are wrong and then accept the order if it does not change.  Command has her reasons, usually
" he says with a smirk.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:24, Tue 21 Mar.

Zeic Plirr
 Sullustian Commando, 5 posts
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 01:00
EB: Briefing
The Sullustan speaks up, slurring his words as he does his best to properly pronounce the words in Basic.

"Never had any formal training, but I fired plenty of blasters back in the Clone Wars. I'm not bad on the controls either, if you want me in the co-pilot's seat and manning the forward cannons. But I haven't flown in a bit, so if someone else wants to help you out I can take a turret instead."

OOC: I have no ranks in gunnery or piloting, but I have 4 agility and remove one black die on piloting checks.

"I'm Trooper Zeic Plirr. I served in the Clone Wars, and spent the time since kicking around wild space. Good to be back in civilization. I'm a bit rusty with these," he says as he pats at the small arsenal strapped to his body,"but I'm sure I'll get it back soon enough. Also, don't play dejarik with me for money if you like keeping it." Plirr grins mischievously.
'Kraken'
 Nautolan Slicer, 15 posts
 Nautolan-Tech/Slicer
 W:14/14 S: 10/10 Stims: 5
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 04:50
EB: Briefing
The Nautolan sitting near the back corner listens to Flight Officer Luk raising an eyebrow, but choosing to keep his thoughts to himself at the time about rank, officers and orders.  Glancing at the one who he called Lieutenant Manitu he studies the pretty woman for a second, before looking back to the Duros Spacer to hear him finish his opening speech nodding to indicated he had heard his comments but not adding his own.

Looking towards the next man, the Sullustian Trooper, Zeic Plirr, Kraken listens intently nodding once just to show he was listening.

Seeing no one else wanting to make introductions, Kraken frowns not really wanting to speak but ground his teeth and stood anyway, perhaps too quickly, pushing his chair back as he stood, perhaps a little nervous.

"I go by Kraken.  I'm willing to take a hand at the ships guns if needed, but I have no formal gunnery or piloting training however I am pretty good at making the Astrogation plans to ensure we don't bounce off any stars, planets or end up in an asteroid field.  If its needed, I'll get Crack-en on it."  Feeling he had said enough for now, Kraken took his seat.
Jospi Renning
 Human Engineer, 12 posts
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 09:10
EB: Briefing
The human in the green nomad's greatcoat stands.  Taking a moment to look around, he announces, "Jospi Renning.  I'm Corellian.  I'll be handling engineering.  Unless one of you is a trained doctor, engineering is to include biologicals.  I'm a dab hand with computers in general and slicing in particular, but if that's someone else job, I can lend a hand as needed.  If the situation warrants it, I'll grab an open gunner's seat."

Looking to the Lieutenant, Jospi says, "When we've finished introductions, will you arrange for an escort to the ship?  I wouldn't want to tweak the noses of the nice ground pounders, but waiting an entire day to go over the ship when I could be effecting repairs or upgrades is wasteful and inefficient."
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 367 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 5 / 10 Wo
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 09:53
EB: Briefing
With the briefing concluded, Caddy softly replied to the farewell, May the Force be with you too.  Then, accepting the file, she followed their handlers to the barracks and settled down on a bottom bunk, her back to the wall to scan the contents of the file.  Eyes only.

Fortunately it isn't a particularly long file though it is... revealing.   She purses her lips, memorizes the names, and then closes the file as Xyklo sits down next to her.  "We certainly will.   As for spare reloads, I'm sure we can requisition a few though resources are limited and we don't want to appear too military on approach.   Don't forget we are on a freighter and our cover needs to be clear."

She then listens as Forim speaks and when he concludes (and after the few questions), she'll speak up (still seated - her style is more... relaxed... than folk may be used to but then she doesn't look particularly military!)  "Thank you Forim.   My name is Caddy Manitu and I lead Alpha Squadron with Forim my right hand man."   She gives him a small, "As I said before, you have been brought together in the team, each with different histories and skills sets, for the goals outlined by our leaders.   I respect each of your skills sets.   A good example of this is Forim who, when aboard ship, is Captain and I defer to his experience - even as he looks to me for overall direction.   I expect this from each of you."  She gestures towards Jospi Renning, "If, for example, we were dealing with Corellian aristocracy - Jospi could take the lead."  She gives the man a small nod.  For the others it may be clear that Caddy has a little more information about the group than they may at first have realised.   "I expect everyone to work together towards the decided goal - but make no mistake, the decision on path and the current objectives are mine to decide."

[OOC: Caddy will wait for each of the new folk to make their 'introductions' before she says anything further in reply.]

This message was last edited by the player at 09:58, Wed 22 Mar.

Jurell Delgar
 Human Teras Kasi, 44 posts
 Specialist
 W: 16/16, S: 12/12
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 15:31
EB: Briefing
Crossing the threshold into the barracks, Jurell crossed his arms.  Turning to look over his shoulder at their escort, gave them a sardonic smile.

"You know, I came back into the mission briefing because I didn't want to be locked away," he grumbled at the Rebel guards.  Rolling his eyes, he shrugged his shoulders in an exaggerated manner as he turned to walk the rest of the way into the room.  "I suppose this is what I should expect of Rebel hospitality.  Got a better reception on Hutta, and that's saying something."  At least Hutta had dancing Twi'leks and other things.

Walking past some of the other new members of the team, the dark-skinned human turned and leaned his back against one of the walls, his arms still crossed in front of his chest as he listened to each one in turn.  At Caddanra's words, he gave her a mock salute.

"Yes, Ma'am, Lieutenant, Ma'am," he said sarcastically with an accompanying roll of his eyes.  "Look, like I said before I don't mind following directions so long as it's not going to get me killed.  If you're ordering suicidal charge 'For the Glory of the Rebellion' or some sort of tripe, I'll be walking in the other direction, thankyouverymuch.  I'm not a soldier.  But, that doesn't mean I won't pull someone's fat out of the fryer."

Scratching the side of his head with one hand absently, he subsequently refolded his arms.

"Jurell Delgar," he stated his name simply as an introduction.  "You point at an objective, I get it done.  It's been my job for more years than I can remember."  The young man's name carried with it a bit of a weight of reputation as a fighter-for-hire/bounty hunter across more than a few systems noted for getting jobs done that needed done whether they were bloody or not.  Though, there were rumors that accomplished assassinations with minimal supplies or weaponry.  Of note was a particular job in which he sneaked into a Hutt's territory and killed his best lieutenant bare-handed.  He was also rumored to have launched a solo strike against the an Empire outpost while being hunted by a full Company of Stormtroopers headed by Moff Nyall personally.

Though, he volunteered nothing more than what he said.
Xyklo Voozul
 Verpine Soldier, 20 posts
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 15:45
EB: Briefing
The Verpine smiled at his new teammates, making note of their introductions and areas of skill. He giggles at Krakens joke and salutes awkwardly at the two squad officers.
"My name is Xyklo Voozul. My friends call me Xyklo.

Mostly I just kill people."
He says cheerfully.
Forim Luk
 Duros Spacer, 511 posts
 Flight Officer
 12/12w 13/13s stims:0
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 15:55
EB: Briefing
Forim nods to Zeic and Kraken, chuckling at the joke of the latter, and says "I think we might be able to better use you in the Gun Turrets Zeic" being a bit more informal now.  "With Kraken's ability to chart the jump into hyperspace, that skill is more useful to me in my co-pilot.  Sensor Operations, and Shield operations are also key skills.  I already know Roger has astrogation programming, so he can be in the cockpit with us and Caddy." again being more informal "However, if I am not in the cockpit, then you will be our backup pilot.  Jospi will be best spent free of any stations so he can fix whatever explodes as it happens.  I will be your Backup Mechanic.  I have spent probably over a hundred hours under the panels of that ship so far.  Let me know any assistance you need, and I would be happy to support you.

That leaves either Xyklo or Jurell in the other turret.  Which one of you two think you would be better in that seat?
"

ooc: So you guys know, I am 3P 1A and ignore 2 blacks on every piloting roll ;)
Jurell Delgar
 Human Teras Kasi, 45 posts
 Specialist
 W: 16/16, S: 12/12
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 16:20
EB: Briefing
"I won't be much use operating a turret," Jurell replied, staring at the ceiling for a moment before glancing at Forim with his emerald eyes.  "If it's not much more than point and shoot, I could probably manage something.  My experience with ships pretty much center on sabotaging them or slipping away in one.  Repairs are pretty much sabotage in reverse, so I could lend a hand in that area."


OOC: 2P in Mechanics, so if you want me for combined repair rolls, I'd generate a good deal of skill to it.  Could probably solo it, if need be.  I've got nothing but base 3A dice in Gunnery. 
Forim Luk
 Duros Spacer, 512 posts
 Flight Officer
 12/12w 13/13s stims:0
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 16:32
EB: Briefing
Forim nods and says "That settles it. Xyklo, you are in the other turret.  Jurell you can help out Jospi when things explode.  Probably worth while having you join us when we go over the ship so you can get familiar with it.  With your physical abilities, you will probably handle turbulence better when not being strapped in too."

ooc: I only have 1P 2A mechanics, happy to pass that on to someone else! lol  I had looked at your characters and knew that already, but I wanted to at least TRY to role play the introduction of each other / our skills and motivations.

"While your help on the ship is much appreciated, I am not sure that I like that you have stated up front that you will walk away mid mission if you disagree with an order the Lieutenant gives you.  Maybe it is a suicide charge, but perhaps she has to give that order to save the rest of the group.  You might not know the full reasoning behind the order.  You either trust the Lieutenant, or you don't.  I don't know about everyone else, but I do not feel that comfortable knowing someone with so little loyalty has our back."

Knowing that Caddy has made better traction with this then Forim, he steps back to let the others chime in if they are concerned as well, rather then getting into another shouting match.
'Kraken'
 Nautolan Slicer, 16 posts
 Nautolan-Tech/Slicer
 W:14/14 S: 10/10 Stims: 5
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 23:20
EB: Briefing
Nodding to Luk, Kraken nods, accepting the co-pilot position.

Sliding closer to Jospi Kraken nods, "So you are a computer hacker as well?  I've done a bit of work myself.   Once we are done here, lets talk shop." Kraken offers to the Corellian.

Looking towards Lt Luk and Jurell, Kraken smiles, "I'm pretty handy with a wrench myself.  Done a bit of work on many a droid repair as well as reprogramming.  Glad to lend a hand.  If ya got it covered, I'll leave ya to it."

OOC:
Astrogation: 1P 3A
Computers: 2p 2A
Mechanics: 1P 3A   

Forim Luk
 Duros Spacer, 513 posts
 Flight Officer
 12/12w 13/13s stims:0
Thu 23 Mar 2017
at 00:02
EB: Briefing
Smiling, Flight Officer Luk says to Kraken "Many hands make light work.  Anyone who wants to learn the quirks of our ship is welcome to to join me for the ground tour."
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 369 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Thu 23 Mar 2017
at 00:04
EB: Briefing
All sweetness and sugar, Caddy listens to the men as complete their introductions and work out who will have which seat on the boat.  "Well Forim, it looks like you have matters well in hand.   I have to say though, I don't make idle threats or indeed threats.  They are far too gauche for my liking.   I do however take the lives of my team quite personally and I will quite happily deal with anyone who believes otherwise."   While maybe not a threat, can Jurell truly ignore her words?

[22:38, Today: Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu rolled 3 successes, 1 threat using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 3P 1B 2d.  Deception.

I can take the threat as strain giving me 3 successes - to convince you that pushing your luck is maybe not the best thing to do.]

Zeic Plirr
 Sullustian Commando, 6 posts
Thu 23 Mar 2017
at 00:15
EB: Briefing
"While we're on the subject of taking lives, who here is going to be doing the fighting? I'm good with a blaster and tougher than I look in a fight, and I can heal people up a bit if necessary."
B1-P3 'Roger'
 Droid Pilot, 23 posts
Sun 26 Mar 2017
at 00:24
EB: Briefing
 “I am B1-P1, a piloting droid, as the Captain said.  Many organics seem to like to call me Roger, and I’ve accepted that as my fate.” His long face flicks between all of them, “I have little I need to do in preparation, perhaps some light work on my chassis after what that amorphous life form did to me on the last mission.  I will be ready to fly when you are.
Caddanra 'Caddy' Manitu
 Human Diplomat, 381 posts
 Not just a pretty face...
 13 / 13 St -- 10 / 10 Wo
Sun 26 Mar 2017
at 12:22
EB: Briefing
"Thank you Zeic.   I generally try and avoid direct conflict.  But having you aboard will certainly make negotiations a little easier."  She smiles.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:24, Sun 26 Mar.