Tourney: Rd 2: Arcantos v Ilpuyuck.   Posted by Wanderer.Group: 0
Wanderer
 GM, 122 posts
Tue 26 Jan 2016
at 20:49
Tourney: Rd 2: Arcantos v Ilpuyuck
"Welcome to the Second Round of the Tournament!"

For this round of the Tournament all of the fights will take place in the Boxed-In arena, fully enclosed arena with a 25 ft ceiling.  Floor, ceiling and walls are stone.  There are no spectators visible for this fight, with invisible magical sensors providing a view for the crowds watching in the main amphitheater.

Walls of force filled with liquid hellfire create faux pillars, with the hellfire bathing the entire arena in a reddish glow.

OOC:
Standard fight rules
3 prep rounds

In your posts, please include a private section to the GM, which lists your current stats (AC, hp, non-permanent bonuses to anything, spells or powers in effect, immunities, etc.).  This section can also include any pre-fight actions taken.  Once the pre-fight stuff is posted, I will roll to see if anything is dispelled upon entering the arena.  After that, you can each post your preps and roll for initiative.

A copy of the map is provided below.




      A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
  1 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2   2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 1
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+       +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
  2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2   2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
  3 |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   | 3
    +---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+
  4 |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   | 4
    +---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+
  5 |   |   | 2   2   2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2   2   2 |   |   | 5
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
  6 |   |   |   |   |   | 2   2   2 |   |   |   |   | 2   2   2 |   |   |   |   |   | 6
    +---+---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+---+
  7 |   |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   |   | 7
    +---+---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+---+
  8 |   |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   |   | 8
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
  9 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 9
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
 10 | 2   2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2   2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2   2 | 10
    +       +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+       +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+       +
 11 | 2   2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2   2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2   2 | 11
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
 12 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 12
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
 13 |   |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   |   | 13
    +---+---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+---+
 14 |   |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   |   | 14
    +---+---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+---+
 15 |   |   |   |   |   | 2   2   2 |   |   |   |   | 2   2   2 |   |   |   |   |   | 15
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
 16 |   |   | 2   2   2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2   2   2 |   |   | 16
    +---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+
 17 |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   | 17
    +---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+   +---+---+---+---+
 18 |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2 |   |   |   |   | 18
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
 19 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2   2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 19
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+       +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
 20 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 2   2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 20
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
      A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T


The ceiling is 25 feet high.

2 indicates that those squares consist of walls of force (CL 50) surrounding those squares, extending to the ceiling.  The space within the walls of force is filled with liquid hellfire.  If a wall of force is destroyed, the DM will have to adjudicate the effect.  Moving into the squares inside the walls of force has an effect similar to being submerged in lava, except that it's hellfire.

For those without the relevant sourcebook, hellfire is similar to regular fire or lava, but is infused with the energy of the Nine Hells, so it ignores resistance and immunity to fire.

- Indicates the starting squares.  The starting location should be listed in your first post.

-Arcantos starts at the north-west end of the arena.
-Ilpuyuck starts at the south-east end of the arena.

Based on starting positions, you can't see each other during the prep rounds.

Arcantos
 player, 85 posts
Sat 30 Jan 2016
at 17:50
Tourney: Rd 2: Arcantos v Ilpuyuck
OOC: Pre-Fight Actions done. Gonna need to wait and see what's dispelled for the prep actions.
Arcantos casually walked into the area. The ugly beetle-looking humanoid, wielding a simple katana and tower-shield,looking rather out of place in the arena. He didn't look impressively strong at all. Yes, he had two magically tentacles growing from his shoulders, but they were flimsy and weak.

Of course, Arcantos was a bit larger than usual, so there was that. But apart from that and the tentacles, he wasn’t very remarkable at all. Instead, he simply settled into the waiting space for the arena and lazily twirled the blade around, one of his four arms empty of any weapon or shield as he waited for the battle to begin


OOC: Being Large, I take up four spaces. A1-B2
Wanderer
 GM, 127 posts
Fri 19 Feb 2016
at 07:08
Tourney: Rd 2: Arcantos v Ilpuyuck
PM: Result of dispel check on Arcantos entering the arena.
Wanderer
 GM, 128 posts
Fri 19 Feb 2016
at 07:12
Tourney: Rd 2: Arcantos v Ilpuyuck
From one end of the arena, Ilpuyuck enters.  Illpuyuck, frequently called Yuck behind his back, gives new meaning to the phrase, “A face that only a mother could love.”  This is mostly because he has not one, but four such faces.  Illpuyuck appears to be some sort of horrid cross-breed of minotaur and mind flayer, likely inflicted with lycanthropy and possibly warped by a spell gone awry.  Whatever the cause, the hulking creature has four heads sprouting from his shoulders, each of which is dominated by writhing tentacles where a mouth should be.  Dangerous-looking horns, capped with adamantine spikes, crown each head.  Powerful, bat-like wings spread to either side of his hulking frame.

Illpuyuck stands nearly 9 feet tall, has a quiver slung on his back and typically carries several axes strapped to his body, including a massive greataxe that appears to be carved from darkly-stained wood.  A bandoleer strung across his chest holds two dozen carefully stored shuriken, each formed in the shape of an illithid’s head, with the tentacles forming the shuriken’s spikes.  He wears no armor, and in his hybrid form is covered in orange and black-striped fur that covers his upper body, mostly hiding the series of dark tattoos which cover much of his chest.  The amorphous tattoos turn to tendrils of ink that continue up his necks and morph into lines of runes tattooed into his tentacles.  Several of the runes are warped by scars from previous battles.

Bracers cover Illpuyuck’s lower arms, and extend down to fingerless gloves which expose the half-dozen rings which adorn Illpuyuck’s three-fingered hands.  The rings are of identical construction, being a plain band of adamantine.  However, this is not to say that Illpuyuck is without adornment.  Around his neck is a silver torc, and his shirt, pants, belt and even bracers all have numerous short leather thongs hanging from them, at the end of which is an object.  There are gemstones, glass and copper beads, coins, polished stones, at least a couple keys, small animal skulls and silver icons.  There are also quite a few leather thongs with nothing at the end of them.  The significance of these objects, if any, is known only to Illpuyuck.

As the time before battle winds down, the hulking aberration hefts his greataxe, which is even taller than he is.  Small flickers show as he calls on psionics to speed up time in bursts around him.  Dozens of worgs appear around him, the result of magic woven to summon the creatures (OOC: 64 worgs to be exact).  In the last moments before the battle begins, he casts a spell on his greataxe, increasing its size to truly massive proportions (OOC: Sized for a colossal creature).

OOC: Visible spell effects:
Ring of the White Wyrm effect (Frostburn)
Greater Visage of the Deity (SpC)
Aura of Vitality (SpC)
Jaws of the Wolf (SpC)
Enlarge Weapon (CS)

Arcantos
 player, 91 posts
Tue 23 Feb 2016
at 17:09
Tourney: Rd 2: Arcantos v Ilpuyuck
Being that there was quite a few solid walls between himself and his opponent. Arcantos had no idea of what he was facing, the monstrosity that was casting spells and summoning many creatures out to fight him. All he knew, was that as the time began to tick down, he recast the spells that the arena had dispelled, ready and waiting for the fight to begin. Limbs tense, ready to slip into the shadows and find his enemy.

Wanderer
 GM, 129 posts
Wed 24 Feb 2016
at 01:53
Tourney: Rd 2: Arcantos v Ilpuyuck
OOC: Arcantos will win initiative, so go ahead and post actions.  I forgot which arena we were using, so if you don't mind I will reduce the number of worgs cluttering the arena down to 46.

The worgs would be in squares M-T/16-20 and P-T/13-15, excluding the walls.

Arcantos
 player, 92 posts
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 18:58
Tourney: Rd 2: Arcantos v Ilpuyuck
Arcantos strode through the arena, unafraid of letting himself be seen, looking for his enemy to reveal themselves. Of course, the large amount of wolves in the arena was rather easily spotted, making the insect wonder just what on earth he was fighting to have summoned forth so many worgs? This could be an issue. Especially considering the fact that his magic was geared towards dueling and taking out priority targets. Nowhere near what he needs to take this on... with a sigh, the diospid readied his weapons. Staying in the corner to limit how many worgs could come at him at once.

OOC:Move Action. Move to A8-B9

Was going to Fireball... but 90 damage is not worth it at all at this level. Really need to work on my build, as summons ARE a thing... and I made a serious error in making the Phirina Death Trap not possible.

Sorry for taking so long btw.

Ilpuyuck
 NPC, 1 post
Tue 8 Mar 2016
at 14:37
Tourney: Rd 2: Arcantos v Ilpuyuck
With a series of howls, the worgs are released and race through the arena.  Those that were able to see Arcantos' movement quickly close on the insectile warrior.  Those closest attempt to bite him, but none succeed.  From around one of the pillars comes what appears to be the shadow of a dragon.  However, it is Illpuyuck that steps into view an instant later, pausing about 40 feet from Arcantos, apparently content to let Arcantos face his worgs for now.

OOC: Illpuyuck is at J-K/8-9.  The worgs are all just normal worgs, so they can't really do any damage (even if they hit, they won't get through your DR.  Ilpuyuck mostly just wants to see what you can do against them (how quickly you work your way through them).
Arcantos
 player, 93 posts
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 12:36
Tourney: Rd 2: Arcantos v Ilpuyuck
If the worgs could even get close enough to Arcantos to hit, he would've easily been able to manage them with his shield and natural armour. However, the diospid had longer reach than them, and whenever they moved in close, his sword would arc out, easily slicing through them before they could even touch them. All in all... the diospid was completely untouched at the end of things, cocking his head as he remarked. “That was easy...”

Of course, after this Arcantos noticed his opponent before him... and had to take a few moments to actually see what was before him. They had a... unique appearance, that much was for sure. As they weren’t attacking him right away, Arcantos took time to bow, saying. “Well met, I am Arcantos, your opponent for this match. I hope you enjoy this bout and test of strength.”

OOC: If their jsut normal worgs, I'll go ahead and say Arc just hit and killed them. He has over +100 attack and damage, which easily kill them in one hit.
Ilpuyuck
 NPC, 2 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 19:39
Tourney: Rd 2: Arcantos v Ilpuyuck
Ilpuyuck responds to his opponent in Undercommon, the words of that tongue apparently easier for his mouths to form.  His multiple heads each speak at a slightly different pitch, making it sound as if Arcantos is speaking to four people all answering together.

"Welcome to you.  I look forward to seeing what you are capable of.  Your last match was over too quickly.  Come, let us see what you can do."

Ilpuyuck spreads his arms wide, his massive axe held in one hand, inviting Arcantos to attack.  Stretching across the ground between the warriors, Ilpuyuck's shadow shifts from the shape of a dragon to resemble a large spider's web, with a spider waiting at its center.

There is a slight shifting as Ilpuyuck pauses time, but there is no visible effect from whatever actions he takes during the frozen time.
Wanderer
 GM, 143 posts
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 13:42
Tourney: Rd 2: Arcantos v Ilpuyuck
OOC: Arcantos, it is currently your turn.