A task to perform.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
DM
 GM, 4 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 23:58
A task to perform
The Time: Highsun, 3rd day of Hammer, 1366 (Year Of The Staff)

The Place: Luskan, Cutlass Isle, Sea Tower

Waydin Boshar is an initiate in the Arcane Brotherhood now, thanks to a wizard who saw something in him one day while the boy was delivering glasswares from the shop that his adopted father owned.

It was simple to "release" Waydin to the custody of the Brotherhood and from age twelve till present, he trained until he became a full wizard of the brotherhood - although still a mageling. He was assigned to the Sea Tower eager to prove himself but alas, he was in a common bunk room with several other initiates who preformed menial duties for the higher ranked mages housed there.

On this day, while cleaning and oiling daggers that he hears a "You there! Come here."

He turns to see Calas, one of the senior mages of the brotherhood - he comes forward.

"You will deliver this box to the Hosttower - present this letter to the guards at the gate and they will allow you to enter. Once inside, you will climb the one stair and follow the signs to the Overwizard of the North Tower - deliver it to her hands only...Now off with ye!", he orders as he hands you the small box and letter.
Waydin Boshar
 player, 3 posts
 Apprentice Mage
Mon 21 Sep 2015
at 23:02
A task to perform
 Waydin was a most serious young man. so any task set to him, he gave it his best effort. While the polishing of daggers, might not be the most glorious of tasks, it needed to be done, so he polished those small killers, til the shined like miniature suns, when exposed to the light. He was about to take another blade in hand, when he  was called by one of the senior Mages. Waydin's time in the  Brotherhood,  had taught him many things, Discipline, clarity of purpose and above all, obedience. It was this last thing, the iron boot that the Mages kept on the neck of those below them, that his hatred burned brighter then ever. But Waydin had learned to control and conceal his hatred..So when he was called, he responded as was expected. " Yes, Master." Said as he trotted over to stand before the Mage.


  A short time latter, with his cloak about him, with the hood pulled up, young Waydin found himself in the streets of Luskin, on his way to carry out the task set for him, by one of the Tower Mages. He was armed with but a single dagger in his sash,and four darts he carried in a brace on his left arm. Not that he expected trouble on this errand, for he wore the mark of the Brotherhood upon  his cloak and robe. But then again, this was the City of Sails. one had to expected the unexpected. The Box was carried under his left arm,as he moved along.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:51, Mon 21 Sept 2015.

DM
 GM, 5 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2015
at 10:12
A task to perform
Wadyin leaves the Sea Tower, heading to the Host tower on the other side of the island. The cold ocean breeze hit him as le went outside making him bundle himself tighter against the cold.

"And where do you think youre going?" came a voice from behind him.

Turning, he saw Fendris - another mageling of the tower along with two others he did not recognize. He was holding his polished staff beside him with that arrogant look that all the magelings not his friends found annoying.

"Whats in the box, Waydin?"
Waydin Boshar
 player, 4 posts
 Apprentice Mage
Thu 24 Sep 2015
at 23:59
A task to perform
In reply to DM (msg # 3):


  Waydan heard  a voice, that he knew all to well. He turned to regard the small group, his own body language relaxed, and facial expression neutral. It never was good, to reveal ones intentions or feelings. Such was taught to those of the Brotherhood. " I am on business for Master Calas. If you wish to know what is in the box, I suggest you make your inquiry, with him."
DM
 GM, 6 posts
Fri 25 Sep 2015
at 01:56
A task to perform
"But I'm asking you", Fendris said. "Why would Calas trust you with anything?"

Waydin noticed Fendris's companions were flanking him - one to the right, one to the left, 10 feet away. Fendris stepped forward to within 10 feet of him as well, still holding his staff. in one hand.

"Lets have a look at what you have there & maybe you'll walk away with both legs", he said with an arrogant smirk.
Waydin Boshar
 player, 5 posts
 Apprentice Mage
Fri 25 Sep 2015
at 02:12
A task to perform
In reply to DM (msg # 5):

  Waydin knew he was outnumbered, so he had to use his wits. He would attempt something novel, the truth. "Aye, you and your friends outnumber me, that is truth. But I am upon a Master's business,to another Master in one of the Towers. Delay or impede my passage,and we all shall know the Master's displeasure. My mind will be read,and they will know it was you,Fendris. I shall not suffer alone."  And the Masters where not known for their understanding or forgivness.
DM
 GM, 7 posts
Sun 27 Sep 2015
at 13:55
A task to perform
"Heh...Ill take my chances", Fendris says and nods to his two associates who draw daggers while he brings his staff forward in an attack posture.

"Well, three to one odds - not sporting for the one so let me make the odds more fitting."

A dark haired, blue eyed man came out from a nearby alley. Dressed in black leathers and furs, he had both hands on the hilts of his blades at his belt. He bore a rose flower on his person but more interesting to Waydin was the sigil below the rose on his upper left side of his chest - a skull & crossbones with a sword through the top of it - the symbol of Ship Suljack, one of the High Captains of Luskan.

He walked to Waydin's side. "Are the magelings of the Brotherhood so bored as of late to start attacking their own on business?"

"This is none of your concern, Wharf Rat", Fendris said. "Now away with ye or suffer the consequences".

"Funny - I was about to say the same thing to you", the newcomer said and drew a cutlass and dirk and struck a defensive pose.

"So be it", Fendris said and all 3 closed in Waydin and the seaman

(Initiative roll please ~ Almighty DM)
Waydin Boshar
 player, 6 posts
 Apprentice Mage
Sun 27 Sep 2015
at 14:54
A task to perform
 One thing that Waydin had leared in this life, never pass up an advantage. When the unexpected assistance presented itself, he concentrated on Fendris, let the Swordsman deal with the other two riffraff.The words of the arcane came to his lips,as he began to cast Shield upon himself.



22:33, Today: Waydin Boshar rolled 4 using 1d10.  Init roll.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:33, Mon 28 Sept 2015.

DM
 GM, 8 posts
Tue 29 Sep 2015
at 10:07
A task to perform
Waydin cats Shield on himself as the two dagger wielders engage the black-clad seaman. The one stabs forward and misses while the other slashes and catches the seaman on his left arm, scoring a hit.

The seaman goes for the one that nicked him on his arm and gashes him on his right shoulder. The hit makes his one assailant drop his dagger and run off, leaving just the one to deal with.

Fendris decides to swing with his staff at Waydin and hits him on his right forearm, bypassing his Shield spell. He manages to hold on to the box but the hit stings him nonetheless.

(Butcher's bill: 1 HP to Waydin; Combat continues - roll a new initiative ~Almighty DM)
Waydin Boshar
 player, 7 posts
 Apprentice Mage
Tue 29 Sep 2015
at 11:43
A task to perform
In reply to DM (msg # 9):

 It seemed that whatever Gods watched this encounter,did not favor Waydin. Or so he thought,as the Dog known as Fendris's staff penetrated the shield spell. Waydin considred turning to flee, but that would allow Fendris a free shot at his back. No, this insult must be answered in kind. Waydin drew his dagger and thrust it at Fendris.


07:35, Today: Waydin Boshar rolled 5 using 1d10.  Init roll.


07:46, Today: Waydin Boshar rolled 4 using 1d20  to hit.   ( Needless to say, he missed. And he shot his one spell bolt for the day.)

This message was last edited by the player at 11:47, Tue 29 Sept 2015.

DM
 GM, 9 posts
Thu 1 Oct 2015
at 10:12
A task to perform
The dagger wielder swipes at the seaman but misses terribly. Waydin draws his dagger and stabs for Fendris but also misses. The seaman stabs with his cutlass and runs his opponent through, causing him to stagger off and finally fall to the ground. Fendris swings his staff but Waydin's Shield spell interposes itself and catches the blow, doing no harm.

The seaman comes to Waydin's side, blades ready. "Seems the odds are no longer in your favor - care to wager?", he says with a cocky grin.

Fendris begins to back away. "You have Tymora's luck, Waydin but there are two sides to that coin - there will be a reckoning", Fendris says and runs off down the street.
Waydin Boshar
 player, 8 posts
 Apprentice Mage
Fri 2 Oct 2015
at 00:30
A task to perform
  With the sight of Fendris having taken to his heel, Waydin regarded his unexpected benefactor. He rubbed his shoulder where the staff had struck him, but the dagger was still in his hand,with a wary expression upon his face. "I thank you, for your intervention,Sir. But I cannot but wonder, why would you risk yourself for a stranger? Asked Waydin to the sword armed man.
DM
 GM, 10 posts
Fri 2 Oct 2015
at 01:17
A task to perform
"Well, truth be told, i have been on the receiving end of odds that you faced just now - some ive won, some ive lost...I felt obliged to aid you for past battles i lost where i wished for one to come to my assistance."

He sheathed his cutlass and dirk.

"I am Milos - Sailor of Ship Suljack", Milos said. "Shall i walk with you?"

Milos looks over at the man he dispatched earlier and sees the gutter rats - the less fortunate of Luskan - begin to search and strip the body of all valuables and clothing.
Waydin Boshar
 player, 9 posts
 Apprentice Mage
Fri 2 Oct 2015
at 01:38
A task to perform
In reply to DM (msg # 13):

 The Apprentice considered the Swordsmen's words, for a few moments, then slowly nodded. " "Very well, I shall accept your reason at face value. I am Waydin of the Brotherhood. Well met." The young apprentice made a slight bow to his recent benefactor, then sheathed his dagger.


 "I am in your debt,Sir. But I am but an apprentice,so I have very little gold to reward you with. Perhaps a favor owed for a latter time, will do, yes? And I will accept your offer of escort,Milo." The Box was still under his left arm,and now Waydin's right hand rested on his dagger. He did not trust this Milo, but would use him to accomplish the task, set upon him, by the Master.
DM
 GM, 11 posts
Fri 2 Oct 2015
at 01:53
A task to perform
Milos nodded his head at Waydin's introduction. "Well Met", he said in kind.

As they walked, Milos made small talk.

"I myself am a sailor - only above Swab. No need for payment, Waydin - as i said, your situation reminded me of myself growing up. If i may ask, where are you taking that box that those men wanted to take from you?"