Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.   Posted by The unifying force.Group: 0
GS-974
 player, 26 posts
Sun 13 Mar 2016
at 16:22
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
There was no need for further discussion. GS-974 waited on alert. He would shoot if ordered to or if the mercenary did not back down. GS-974 began counting to himself. He would shoot their leader the count of four.
Ooli Geduca
 player, 46 posts
 Lieutenant
Sun 13 Mar 2016
at 23:59
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
Ooli turns to face the four behind them and brings her grenade launcher to bear.  The two professionals are more threatening, but the amateurs are more likely to cut and run once a body or two hits the deck.

'Let the cards fall as they may...and here's hoping for twenty.' Exhaling softly, she waits for the moment where the killing begins.

Ooli Geduca rolled 25 using 1d20+11.  Initiative (rolled in advance).
The unifying force
 GM, 93 posts
Mon 14 Mar 2016
at 20:33
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
They seem to realize that there's no more room to talk and the man who's been talking to you calls out.

"Get them!!"

And suddenly you find yourselves in a firefight in the hallway.


Initiative DC: 18
GS-974
 player, 27 posts
Mon 14 Mar 2016
at 20:50
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
His hand already on the trigger it only took the shout from the armoured mercenary to provoke GS-974 into action. The stormtrooper squeezed off a shot and then calmly lined up his next one.

OOC Hit Ref 22 for 13 damage, -5 Damage Threshold as Devastating Attack.

Standard Action: Aimed Devastating Precise Point Blank Shot

Move Action: Aim

Swift Action: Aim

20:45, Today: GS-974 rolled 13 using 3d8+4.  Devastating Damage.
20:44, Today: GS-974 rolled 22 using 1d20+12.  Shot at Armoured Guy.
20:37, Today: GS-974 rolled 19 using 1d20+11.  Initiative.

Ooli Geduca
 player, 47 posts
 Lieutenant
Tue 15 Mar 2016
at 00:31
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
Ooli fires her grenade launcher at the inexperienced thugs, hoping to break their morale and scatter them quickly.  A comrade passing out suddenly can be just as jarring as a comrade exploding to a million pieces, to someone who hasn't seen a lot of combat!

Ooli tries to catch as many rookies in the (two square radius) grenade blast as possible.

27 to hit, 18 stun damage (if Point Blank applies; otherwise subtract 1)
The rookies caught in the blast take 9 (8 if point blank does not apply) damage and move 2 down the condition track if the stun damage breaks their damage threshold.

Ooli Geduca rolled 26 using 1d20+9.  Grenade Launcher Attack (Stun).
Ooli Geduca rolled 17 using 4d6+3.  Stun Grenade Damage.

The unifying force
 GM, 97 posts
Thu 17 Mar 2016
at 14:35
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
GS-974 hits the man who was speaking square in the chest, but from the looks of it, the armor takes most of the impact, leaving a singed mark upon it. Both of the heavily armored men take cover and both of them activate glimmering energy shields build into their armor.

The thugs behind you are too slow to get out of the way and all of them are hit by the stun grenade, them fumble around confused as they seek cover, then they open fire but their hits and random and wild.

Next round!

Ooli Geduca
 player, 48 posts
 Lieutenant
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 10:09
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
Ooli fires her grenade launcher at them again, trying to catch as many as possible in the blast, before slinging the weapon over her shoulder and making sure the Hutt had not slithered off in the chaos.  At this point, a few shots to the back might be enough to convince him to lay down on the ground if he's decided to try to slip off.

Standard: Fire Grenade Launcher
Move: 'Holster' grenade launcher.
21 to hit, 16 stun damage damage (with point blank)

8 regular damage

Ooli Geduca rolled 20 using 1d20+9.  Grenade Launcher Attack (Stun).
Ooli Geduca rolled 15 using 4d6+3.  Stun damage.

GS-974
 player, 28 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 23:36
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
When the armoured men ran GS-974 remained where he was. Fear had been beaten out of him and he trusted completely in his armour and training. His eyes followed his target as he fled and he calmly fired another shot.

OOC Hit REF 24 for 17 damage, ignoring cover as Aimed shot and Devastating Attack so Damage Threshold -5.

Standard Action: Aimed Devastating Precise Point Blank Shot.

Move Action: Aim

Swift Action: Aim

23:31, Today: GS-974 rolled 17 using 3d8+4.  Devastating Damage.
23:30, Today: GS-974 rolled 24 using 1d20+12.  Shoot at armour guy.

The unifying force
 GM, 99 posts
Sat 19 Mar 2016
at 07:22
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
Ooli's shot is unable to catch all the thugs this time around, but she manages to hit 3 of them, they all look like they're about to fall over as they're stumbling into walls and trying to hold on to anything they can. And when they realize they can't possibly fight like this, they decide to bail, heading awkwardly out of the hallway the best they can. The one guy who wasn't hit also joins them, not eager to continue the fight by himself.

The hutt seems to be waiting to see who comes out victorious in the fight.

GS-974 fires another shot at the armored man, which hits but is clearly reduced in strength by the glimmering energy shield, leaving only a slight mark on the heavy armor. And now that they're entrenched and ready to fire back, the two of them open up on the stormtrooper and Ooli.

Both shots are dead on center and they show that these two men are far more experienced and better trained than the Thugs that are now fleeing.


Ooli is hit for 19 damage and GS-974 for 11 damage.


Next round!
Ooli Geduca
 player, 49 posts
 Lieutenant
Sat 19 Mar 2016
at 14:30
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
"Four gone, two to go!" Ooli shouts, mostly for GS-974's benefit as she pulls her heavy blaster pistol from its holster and fires off a shot.  She's shaky, though, and the shot's a little low.

Ooli has 44 HP left, and hasn't moved down the condition track yet

Move: Draw Blaster Pistol
Standard: Fire Heavy Blaster Pistol at the merc that GS has already shot.
18 to hit (if Point Blank shot applies),
16 damage (if point blank shot applies)

Ooli Geduca rolled 14 using 1d20+9.  Blaster pistol Attack roll.
Ooli Geduca rolled 3 using 1d6.  Force Point to modify attack roll.
Ooli Geduca rolled 15 using 3d8+3.  Heavy Blaster Pistol damage.

GS-974
 player, 29 posts
Sun 20 Mar 2016
at 22:59
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
Shot but still standing GS-974 counted the odds as still in their favour. He remained in the open and shot again at his target. They would have to take these mercenaries out the hard way. GS-974 did not like the disadvantage that he was separated from his squad-mates, communication was easier by comlink. Instead he had to amplify his vocaliser "hit them with grenades or lightsabers, we need to take down their shields" he called out to Ooli and Tomen.

OOC Hit REF 24 for 18 damage, ignoring cover as Aimed shot and Devastating Attack so Damage Threshold -5.

Standard Action: Aimed Devastating Precise Point Blank Shot.

Move Action: Draw Frag Grenade

Swift Action: Aim

22:49, Today: GS-974 rolled 18 using 3d8+4.  Devastating Damage.
22:48, Today: GS-974 rolled 24 using 1d20+12.  Shoot at armour guy.

The unifying force
 GM, 107 posts
Wed 23 Mar 2016
at 11:56
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
You need two swift actions to aim, so you can only do that by giving up your move as well. I assumed you would do that rather than let him have +5 from cover.


The stormtrooper again takes aim and hits the man who'd been talking earlier. Again the shot is reduced by the shield, but this time the shield flickers and dies out, unable to take the strain anymore. The bolt also slams into the armor and burns a hole into it, making him grunt. He seems to have the same idea as the two of you though, as he pulls out a grenade and flings it towards the both of you.

The other armored soldier merely keeps shooting, but this time doing a wild spray of fire.

"Take them out!"

Grenade does 16 damage to both, half if you have a reflex defense of more than 19.
Autofire does 18 damage to both, but half if you have a reflex defense of more than 17

Ooli Geduca
 player, 55 posts
 Lieutenant
Wed 23 Mar 2016
at 14:15
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
"Flank right.  We need to get to cover.  Focus your fire on the one you hit." Ooli breaks to the left, stumbling a bit from the injury she has suffered.  She steels herself behind the crate she takes a knee behind and takes a shot at the wounded merc.

Ooli has 28 HP left after being wounded, but recovers 15 from the second wind action she takes to go to 43 HP.

Move Action: Move into cover
Swift: Second Wind
Standard: Fire on the Merc who has already been hit
23 to hit for 21 damage

Ooli Geduca rolled 19 using 1d20+10.  Blaster Pistol Attack Roll.
Ooli Geduca rolled 4 using 1d6.  Force Point to modify Attack Roll.
 Ooli Geduca rolled 21 using 3d8+4.  Blaster Pistol Damage.

GS-974
 player, 31 posts
Thu 24 Mar 2016
at 22:57
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
When the soldier lost his shield and his opponent's actions demonstrated desperation GS-974 just readied another shot "affirmative Lieutenant" the stormtrooper acknowledged his superior officer then blasted another well aimed shot at the shieldless soldier. The stormtrooper protected by his shell-like white carapace was almost unfazed by the explosions, debris and blaster fire that flew all around him.

OOC Yes keeping the Aim action instead of the change in tactics

Hit REF 29 for 20 damage, ignoring cover as Aimed shot and Devastating Attack so Damage Threshold -5.

Swift Action: Aim

Move Action: Aim

Standard Action: Aimed Devastating Precise Point Blank Shot

22:49, Today: GS-974 rolled 20 using 3d8+4.  Devastating Damage.
22:48, Today: GS-974 rolled 29 using 1d20+12.  Shoot at armour guy.

The unifying force
 GM, 112 posts
Sun 27 Mar 2016
at 20:33
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
Both shots hit the man's armor and burn through, and with a grunt of pain, he goes down. The second armored man decides to demonstrate the better part of valor and grabs his fallen comrade and starts dragging him to one of the doors just behind them, leading to a 'supposedly' unused docking bay, while the bays are being repaired.


Perception check please, then:

Next round!
Ooli Geduca
 player, 58 posts
 Lieutenant
Sun 27 Mar 2016
at 21:56
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
"Blast him unless he puts his hands up!" Ooli ordered as she lined up her next shot and fired at the man dragging his comrade.  His care for his comrade was admirable, but Ooli knew that he was dragging his downed man toward their Plan B.  That's just what she would have done: save the teammate, go to the fall back point, and turn to attack anyone who was dumb enough to follow.

Ooli Geduca rolled 10 using 1d20+3.  Perception.
Two Swift: Aim to negate whatever cover his comrade might provide.
Standard: Shoot at the dragging merc
Ooli Geduca rolled 23 using 1d20+10.  Blaster Pistol Attack Roll.
Ooli Geduca rolled 17 using 3d8+4.  Blaster Pistol Damage.

GS-974
 player, 32 posts
Mon 28 Mar 2016
at 08:09
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
When his target fell GS-974 capitalised on their great numbers and rushed to confront the last soldier "order acknowledged" he replied briskly to Ooli as he lowered his rifle from his shoulder and running forward blasted at the last enemy soldier.

OOC Move 6 squares closer to last guy. Hit REF 27 for 17 damage, Damage Threshold -5.

Move Action: 6 squares

Standard Action: Devastating Precise Point Blank Shot

09:04, Today: GS-974 rolled 17 using 3d8+4.  Devastating Damage.
09:04, Today: GS-974 rolled 27 using 1d20+11.  Shoot last guy.

The unifying force
 GM, 115 posts
Tue 29 Mar 2016
at 12:45
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
Both shots hit the man as he carries off the body of his comrade, but his shield is still active and takes the brunt of the damage, the armor seems to take the rest, only causing him to grunt slightly, though the second shot does make the shield fizzle and break down. He moves the body towards the nearby door, which slides open upwards and then slams down, a green light upon the control panel turning red.

The Hutt looks extremely displeased with the way things worked out, not to mention he's covered in schrapnel and blaster burns. Still he doesn't seem too wounded.

Combat is tentatively ended

GS-974
 player, 33 posts
Tue 29 Mar 2016
at 14:25
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
There objective was not to pursue or eliminate the enemy soldiers. As the door slid shut and cut off any pursuit GS-974 checked the reader on his rifle and checked the signal on his comlink "Command, this is GS-974. Command do you read me? Hostiles remain in the zone. Threat minimalized. Proceeding to extraction point" whatever signal he had on the comlink GS-974 transmitted and his rifle wasn't out of charge yet, he returned to the street "moving out big guy" he waved the Hutt onwards.
Ooli Geduca
 player, 59 posts
 Lieutenant
Tue 29 Mar 2016
at 14:29
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
"Let's hope they cut their losses like they should have when they started." Ooli switches her pistol to stun and moves to get behind the Hutt again.
Kalis Bantha
 player, 79 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 02:20
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
There was no timing like bad timing. 'Ooli, Tomen, we need to meet. This thing with Darkstar... we have a problem on our hands.' commed Kalis, sounding worried.
The unifying force
 GM, 116 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 12:11
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
You secure the hutt and make sure there are no more dangers in the hallway, while you secure that, there's the sound of a craft taking off, judging by the whine of it's engine, it's a small craft, some kind of landspeeder or perhaps a 1 or 2 man starfighter. When the sound dies away so does the comlink jamming. You've just handed the hutt to the stormtroopers who are waiting patiently with your shuttle, when you receive Kalis his com message. Sounds like you aren't done yet for the day.
Ooli Geduca
 player, 61 posts
 Lieutenant
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 13:32
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
"Where should we meet up and what is your status?" Ooli queries, glad that she's washed her hands of the Hutt...for now.  It is regrettable that the hired guns will almost certainly inform on them and bring down more trouble later.  She made her choice when she chose to get involved with a Hutt.

For now, though, she has to stay in the present.  She releases the transmit key and turns to her guard.  "GS-974, do you need medical attention?"
Kalis Bantha
 player, 82 posts
Thu 31 Mar 2016
at 02:37
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
He sounded sheepish. 'The Jedi Alaina's house... We, uh, seem to have accidentally kidnapped someone...'
GS-974
 player, 34 posts
Fri 1 Apr 2016
at 22:07
Mission 1: GS-974, Ooli, Tomen.
Mission successful GS-974 rechecked his rifle and equipment. He left a report with his fellow stormtroopers to explain his break in communications and then returned to his duties with Ooli "nothing serious Lieutenant" he reassured his commanding officer.