Mission 1: Rejoined.   Posted by The unifying force.Group: 0
Xirek Kreshu
 player, 63 posts
 Jedi Consular
 Arkanian Offshoot
Tue 31 May 2016
at 18:53
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
  Xirek had kept quiet in his observation of the store owner, but the coincidence of Alaina's birthplace and this manufacturer expanding business here seemed unlikely. He turned back to the salesman. "If we are to order one of these devices that our friend here needs.." He casually gestured to Kalis. "What assurances would we have that it would make it here with pirates running rampant around this world. How do you get your shipments past them?"
Tomen Brakkaar
 player, 49 posts
 "Balance is the key
 to true power."
Tue 31 May 2016
at 22:14
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
Great idea Xirek. Tomen thought as he smiled at his question.
Kalis Bantha
 player, 118 posts
Wed 1 Jun 2016
at 00:15
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
Kalis was been trying to think of his next question, so he was glad when Xirek came up with a good one. The Arikana connection was tenuous and could be coincidence, but it was worth exploring.
The unifying force
 GM, 159 posts
Wed 1 Jun 2016
at 10:51
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
"Well recently we haven't had much trouble with the pirates. They've got some kind of deal going here that keeps the pirates at bay. But even before that we didn't have much difficulty with them. Our ship was too small and too quick to be bothered by pirates, not worth it I suppose"
Kalis Bantha
 player, 119 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 01:51
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
Kalis didn't have much to say to that, and was waiting to see if the others did, when he caught on something the shopkeeper had said. 'Sorry? Did you say a deal with the pirates? Who'd make a deal with them?'
The unifying force
 GM, 161 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 11:34
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
"Oh well not me, certainly not. I just mean the local government of this planet. They have some kind of arrangement. Give them supplies in exchange for being left alone as i understand it. Kind of like a pirate tax I suppose"
Kalis Bantha
 player, 122 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 07:56
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
'I think it's called extortion.' Kalis wondered. He looked to Ooli and Tomen for confirmation, wondering if they'd learned of this practice when speaking with the police. He didn't have anything more to add, and thanked the shopkeeper. 'Well, okay, thank you for your time.'
The unifying force
 GM, 162 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 11:54
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
The shopkeeper looks slightly crestfallen that he didn't get to make a sale, with he let's you out cheerful enough, perhaps he'll hope you'll come back later, or perhaps he simply decided not to let it ruin his day.


Once you're outside your comlinks activate all at once. Though it doesn't seem to be an emergency message.

"This is Captain Sevrein. How are things proceeding down at the planet? We had one of the pirate ships drop out of hyperspace, they saw us, and left again"
Ooli Geduca
 player, 88 posts
 Lieutenant
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 17:29
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
Ooli responds as quickly as she can, "sir, did any smaller ships try to board it?  We're on the prowl and we might have spooked someone important into fleeing the planet."
The unifying force
 GM, 163 posts
Fri 17 Jun 2016
at 12:19
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
"Not that we could detect, though we did see a small transport leave the planet a while ago. I didn't see any reason to take particular interest into it. Do you think that might have been them? We did take note of their hyperspace vector, it might be possible to calculate an estimated projectory, within a certain margin of error of course"
Ooli Geduca
 player, 89 posts
 Lieutenant
Sat 18 Jun 2016
at 01:10
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
"If you would do so, Sir, I'd be grateful.  It might be Darkstar, the person who is most likely behind the incident that brought us here.  Following that shuttle could lead us right to the source of this, hopefully before anything gets worse..."
The unifying force
 GM, 164 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2016
at 11:12
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
"I'll get the calculations started. Does that mean you'll be on your way back?"
Ooli Geduca
 player, 90 posts
 Lieutenant
Sat 18 Jun 2016
at 12:58
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
Ooli nods. "I believe so.  We might need to take care of some business, but nothing should keep us for more than a hour past transit times, if that."
GS-974
 player, 46 posts
Sun 19 Jun 2016
at 10:40
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
It was time to go. GS-974 shouldered his rifle and got ready to march back to their shuttle.
The unifying force
 GM, 167 posts
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 11:00
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
You head over to the Alaina's house to pick up the droid and the starfighter, then meet up with the stormtroopers and take the shuttle back to the ship. The trip is rather dull and nothing special happens. When the ships are docked the stormtroopers start to bring the hutt towards the prison, where they plan to interrogate him. And an officer approaches you.

"Captain would like to see you. We've been calculating that ships trajectory and calculated a few possibilities"
Ooli Geduca
 player, 92 posts
 Lieutenant
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 22:08
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
Ooli salutes as is appropriate, thanks her fellow officer for the notice, and heads to see the Captain after stowing her weapons.  Somehow, she has the strangest feeling that bringing a grenade launcher into the Captain's office might sour his mood a little.  The fact that there are a few possibilities makes her wonder if the calculations are imperfect or if Darkstar knows he is being tracked...
Kalis Bantha
 player, 124 posts
Fri 24 Jun 2016
at 11:51
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
Kalis waited patiently as they travelled back to the ship, somewhat glad to be getting back into space and on their way again. But it seemed exploring the Unknown Regions would have to wait a little longer; pirate hunting was the order of the day. He followed the others to the meeting with the captain, presuming he was included in the invitation. Or was it an order? It was getting hard to tell...
Tomen Brakkaar
 player, 52 posts
 "Balance is the key
 to true power."
Fri 24 Jun 2016
at 13:24
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
As he sat on the transport going back, Tomen couldn't help but be excited. Tomen smiled happily, as he had finally been able to see a Hutt, and this was looking to be a grand adventure. They were on the trail of their target, and hopefully they would fine him soon.
The unifying force
 GM, 168 posts
Sat 25 Jun 2016
at 10:45
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
You're led back to the captain, who's sitting behind his desk studying an advanced and expensive model of datapad. He looks up from it and to your group.

"Ah good. I was just studying the possible exit locations for that ship we tracked. There's a good many, and even that might not be perfect. But i've narrowed it down by removing all systems without a planet capable of sustaining life. Any destination that takes more than 3 days travel on a ship with that engine, assuming it hasn't been upgraded. And finally, went through the list to see which systems seem most likely to me"

He puts down the datapad to let you all see. There are 3 destinations that he seems to think are possibilities.

The first is Arikana, a planet that has come up three times now in this very day. It's an industrial world with violent lightning storms and an unstable climate. Their technology is considered outdated to core standards, but advanced in the outer rim. And so they have a good market.

The second is a jungle world without a name, and seemingly without any importance, but it supports life. Most interestingly of all. This planet was named in one of Palpatine's old files, but without any indication of why, how, or when the empire might have had interest in it. Of course with Palpatine long dead, nobody has ever bothered to do a thorough search.

The last option is a moon that's been so industrialized, it's air is hardly breathable, humans who live there locally have their life expectancy halved, and there's a booming business in airfilters. It has no official government and is run entirely by the factories that are poisoning the planet. it seems like a good place for a criminal to hang out.
GS-974
 player, 47 posts
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 13:04
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
Back at the ship GS-974 still kept Lieutenant Geduca in his sight. He trailed behind her like a shadow and listened to the report from the Captain. He remained silent. A gamble would have to be taken and the stormtrooper would leave that choice up to the officers.
Ooli Geduca
 player, 94 posts
 Lieutenant
Tue 28 Jun 2016
at 00:42
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
"Both the first and the last sound like easy options, but the fact that our nameless planet sounds like the right one to me.  Darkstar is interested in things mysterious and dark, and he kidnapped a Jedi.  That world is mysterious, and I think it is the most likely location." Ooli seemed satisfied with the conclusion, but spoke up before she could let the idea rest, "anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?"
Tomen Brakkaar
 player, 53 posts
 "Balance is the key
 to true power."
Tue 28 Jun 2016
at 00:46
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
"I too feel the force calling me to that world, I would suggest we start there."
Kalis Bantha
 player, 125 posts
Tue 28 Jun 2016
at 03:39
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
Kalis considered the three options, none of them particularly compelling, but only one stood out to him. Where would the Bantha go? 'But Arikana is where Alaina's sister disappeared. Alaina believed the pirates had kidnapped her, and other force-sensitive children. If Darkstar is connected to these Sith as you suggest,' he reminded Xirek, 'And to the pirates, then we can be sure he's been on Arikana at some point, and could well return.'
Tomen Brakkaar
 player, 54 posts
 "Balance is the key
 to true power."
Tue 28 Jun 2016
at 03:56
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
"This is true brother, but has not Alaina already searched there? Would it not be more prudent to graze on fresh ground rather than over ground void of foliage?" Tomen asked in reply. Attempting to phrase it in a way Kalis could understand.
Kalis Bantha
 player, 126 posts
Tue 28 Jun 2016
at 05:44
Re: Mission 1: Rejoined
Kalis wasn't convinced, especially not by the analogy. 'Or he'd return to familiar hunting grounds. He might have a lair there. Or a target youngling he's waiting to mature... And I think it's fair to treat him as the predator in this, not the prey.'