Mission 1:   Posted by The unifying force.Group: 0
Yesdona Miralu
 player, 17 posts
Sun 14 Feb 2016
at 09:12
Mission 1:
Catching the Zabrek looking at her she turns to him, and smiles a sweet and almost addictive smile in his direction before returning her attention to the conversation at hand.
The unifying force
 GM, 29 posts
Sun 14 Feb 2016
at 10:08
Mission 1:
The captain shakes his great elongated head.

"We have no civilian transports with us. Though the lambda shuttles are not used solely by the empire, the galactic alliance uses them as well. So do some civilians who've purchased the unarmed model, perhaps if you were to take down one of the Sentinel class shuttles and land outside of town.."

He taps his chin as he thinks that over and then nods.

"One group could use the Chariot command speeder, which is distinctly military. The other group could use some of the speeders we have, which are used by any variety of gangs and disreputable organisations as much as they are used by the empire.."
Ooli Geduca
 player, 11 posts
Sun 14 Feb 2016
at 13:37
Mission 1:
"I suppose that means I'm riding the Chariot, then." Ooli smiles.  In some way, it almost feels better to do it that way.  It's a reminder of the fact that she's in the military again, and that her position is even the tiniest way legitimate.  She turns toward her guard.  "Between the two of us and anyone else who might come along, we can cut a fairly legitimate presence, and your vigilance will be ever useful."
GS-974
 player, 11 posts
Sun 14 Feb 2016
at 14:53
Mission 1:
A mere nod of his head to Ooli was indication of GS-974 acknowledgement of the plan. The stormtrooper would follow orders.
Tomen Brakkaar
 player, 9 posts
Sun 14 Feb 2016
at 18:32
Mission 1:
Tomen merely shrugs and nods. The details are less important to him, he only offered a possibility.
Kalis Bantha
 player, 16 posts
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 12:18
Mission 1:
The talk of speeders prompted Kalis to add 'Xaraxalax has an unusually high number of starship and speeder dealerships. If it comes to it, we can always rent or pick some up cheap. They'll be inconspicuous, but, being of Outer Rim construction, likely a bit shoddy,' Remembering his time in Mos Eisley, he added 'Which also means they're less likely to be stolen. Core-built speeders tend to be extremely popular on the Rim.'

'Or we can just hire riding bantha, which are cheaper, more reliable, and tend not to be stolen for illicit drag-racing.'

This message was last edited by the player at 15:11, Mon 15 Feb 2016.

The unifying force
 GM, 30 posts
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 12:27
Mission 1:
After you finish up with the captain, you head on down towards the hangar bay, where a group of technicians is already loading one of the sentinel shuttles up with the chariot command speeder as well as 4 speeder bikes.

The sentinel shuttles are similar in design to the lambda class shuttles, but considerably larger. They can carry two at-st's and several speeders. As well as 12 passengers. They're also fairly well armed, with several laser cannons which are meant to discourage anyone from thinking they can shoot down whatever reinforcements the shuttle might deploy.

As you wait for the technicians to be done. A silver/red droid approaches you. It's got the look of a protocol droid but looks far more sturdier than most protocol droid models you've seen.

"Greetings masters and mistresses, I am TB-40, military protocol droid. Will you be requiring my assistance today?"




OOC: Feel free to chat and discuss things while walking, just wanted to change the scene to keep things moving. Even if you don't use them, no harm in bringing the speeders. Also, unless you object, 4 stormtroopers will come down with you to protect the ship while you're away.

Yesdona Miralu
 player, 20 posts
 HP: 41 Reflex: 21 DT: 20
 Cha: 18
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 15:52
Mission 1:
Yesdona takes one look at the protocol droid and her tails twitch. Well at least its not gold she thinks to herself as she takes her seat.

You are welcome to join us, but I doubt we will be at need for very many of your services on this trip. She says as if she would rather not take the droid at all.

Yasdona has had almost nothing but bad experience with protocol droids, and they almost always inevitably get caught.

Once seated she takes a look around idlying playing with her lekku.
Xirek Kreshu
 player, 10 posts
 Jedi Consular
 Arkanian Offshoot
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 19:50
Mission 1:
  The young Arkanian Jedi ignored the protocol droid, but followed the group into the shuttle and took a seat with them. Once they were seated he addressed them politely as he shifted his blue eyed gaze from one person to the next. "I apologize for not introducing myself earlier. I am Xirek Kreshu of the Jedi Order." He ended with a slight, respectful bow then continued. "I am curious, most of your group doesn't seem like typical Imperial military or even typical of its citizens. Are you not crew members of the Sentinel?"
GS-974
 player, 13 posts
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 20:14
Mission 1:
Once he'd reached the hangar GS-974 made himself known to the four stormtroopers assigned to the shuttle. There GS-974 was indistinguishable from any one of them.
Yesdona Miralu
 player, 21 posts
 HP: 41 Reflex: 21 DT: 20
 Cha: 18
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 20:41
Mission 1:
Yesdona smirks at the Jedi's comment.

No, I am not a member of the Imperial military, nor strictly speaking one of its citizens. I am a free Twi'lek hailing from the outer rims, I have spent my life traveling the galaxy and for the most part... She brakes off as she looks around in an encompassing gesture before continuing ...avoiding the Imperial military. However, the occasional job does come along that is too good to refuse.

Looking the Jedi in the eyes she finishes saying You should know as well as any, the dislike the Empire has for aliens she puts emphasis and sarcasm on the final word before going back to twirling her lekku around her fingers.
Ooli Geduca
 player, 13 posts
 Lieutenant
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 21:39
Mission 1:
"Come along, if you would, but we don't know if we'll be using you or if you'll just be keeping us company on the shuttle," Ooli says to the droid.

She remains utterly silent at that mention from the Twi'lek, but for a moment her lips quirk downward as if she might open her mouth to echo that sentiment.  The military has proven to her more than once already, though, that things have gotten a little better from the bad old days.

However, she does speak up, "I am Lieutenant Ooli Geduca, Imperial pilot.  I only ask you respect the rank in front of my superiors and that everyone stays safe out there.  As for everything else...I have no reason to not trust people competent enough to be assigned to answer to the Captain."
Kalis Bantha
 player, 17 posts
Tue 16 Feb 2016
at 02:24
Mission 1:
As TB-40 approached and addressed them, the Zabrak whistled a simple greeting in Binary directly translated, a ping and acknowledgement of being open for communications. He understood Droidspeak well, and could mimic a few basic words, at least what his organic larynx and lips could manage. He'd practised a lot; he preferred to be polite to the droids he often worked with and felt more comfortable around. After the two twi'leks suggested they wouldn't require the protocol droid's skills, Kalis asked 'Can you speak Verpine? If so, we might have need of you.'

After that, he stepped onto the shuttle, taking a brief moment to say a prayer over the controls and wireless link his portable computer to the onboard computer, so he could assist in navigation and technical support. Like the droid, his own skills might not be needed on a such a short, straightforward trip, but he preferred to be ready.

Bowing to the others, he took a seat, introducing himself as 'I'm Kalis Bantha of the Dim-U, from Tatooine. I am an... independent contractor. Astrogation and computer support.' He was also a good slicer and better martial artist, but it seemed inappropriate to mention.
Yesdona Miralu
 player, 22 posts
 HP: 41 Reflex: 21 DT: 20
 Cha: 18
Tue 16 Feb 2016
at 03:52
Mission 1:
Yesdona's ears perked up at the Binary greeting, while not the most secure for passing secrets, small gestures and commands could be passed along in Binary.

Imitating a few beeps and whirls, she asks in Binary who else understands. After all it is only the auditory representation of ones and zeros, it is not the most complicated of languages she knew.
Kalis Bantha
 player, 18 posts
Tue 16 Feb 2016
at 04:00
Mission 1:
Kalis gave a brief whistle with ascending pitch: 1, or positive/confirmation/yes.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:33, Tue 16 Feb 2016.

The unifying force
 GM, 32 posts
Tue 16 Feb 2016
at 13:30
Mission 1:
The droid nods at Kalis.

"Certainly I am able to speak Verpine, though I must remind you that the Verpine tend to communicate in methods beyond my comprehension when in close proximity"

With the droid feeling like that's close enough to someone saying it's needed, it finds a seat in one of the available chairs and waits patiently with the others. The stormtroopers are also taking seats and once everyone is seated, the pilot takes off.

The trip to the planet is relatively short, and surprisingly smooth. The shuttle has excellent inertial compensators, as the military doesn't want their AT-ST's falling over in the middle of a dogfight.

As instructed the pilot lands a few miles outside of the city, it won't take you long to get there but you can't see the city from here. There's too much vegetation, everywhere there seems to be rainforest. The pilot has set down in one of the rare few bare spots.

When the ramp is lowered, hot humid air pours into the shuttle and if tatooine is said to have a 'dry heat', this is most certainly a wet heat. The moisture seems thick in the air and it's certainly warmer than most planets. There's also strong smells coming from the rainforest, not unpleasant but thick. And there's a lot of sound coming from the various birds and other creatures.

Should be a good location to unload the chariot command speeder and speeder bikes, however many you plan to use.


Private:

Xirek Kreshu
 player, 12 posts
 Jedi Consular
 Arkanian Offshoot
Tue 16 Feb 2016
at 15:43
Mission 1:
  Xirek unbuckled and stood, his ivory hair fell behind him. Already trickles of sweat began to form on the edges of his face and neck. He turned to face the others as he spoke again in a calm, reserved voice. "Grandmaster Skywalker gave me the address where the missing Jedi lived here on this planet. I would like to go there and investigate her place to see if we can find any clues as to her disappearance. I am not familiar with riding a speeder bike, so I would need at least someone who could drive me there. I suppose I could figure it out, but learning to drive in a jungle may be unwise."
GS-974
 player, 15 posts
Tue 16 Feb 2016
at 20:04
Mission 1:
Indoctrinated as a child into being a military machine GS-974 checked his gear routinely as the pilot brought them down to land. As the repulsorlift engines throttled close to ground he was up from his seat and taking a defence position. Any drop point or entry point onto unfamiliar territory was a weak spot. GS-974 took to the ramp and began his descend, rifle drawn and scanning the horizon as Xirek began his talk.

The humid air was filtered by his helmet and his vision sharpened, his internal comlink patched into the shuttle's "GS-974 to Sentinel, preliminary assessment complete no hostiles spotted. Perimeter checks in progress" he reported to his fellow stormtroopers, their pilot and anyone else who had their comlink on Imperial frequencies. His rifle sweeping left to right as he began to circle the starship.
Yesdona Miralu
 player, 26 posts
 HP: 41 Reflex: 21 DT: 20
 Cha: 18
Tue 16 Feb 2016
at 20:47
Mission 1:
Yesdona, takes the oprotuntiy as soon as the ramp lowers to set out into the jungle. Taking a deep breath she looks around.

Reminds me of Yavin 4 she says to no one in particular. Checking her gear she heads a short way out and takes a look around


OCC:
13:46, Today: Yesdona Miralu rolled 37 using 1d20+18.  Perception.
21:50, Today: Yesdona Miralu rolled 21 using 1d20+5.  Stealth.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:52, Wed 17 Feb 2016.

Tomen Brakkaar
 player, 11 posts
Tue 16 Feb 2016
at 20:49
Mission 1:
Tomen kept silent through most of the trip and simply watched the rest with a friendly smile on his lips. Upon reaching the surface he finally spoke. "I do not know if my home world is part of the empire. Technically we might be, but since it's hard to get to most in the galaxy don't know we exist.But I can go with either group to help out. I'm force trained like your Jedi and Sith, but of a different tradition."

As he stepped out he stood there admiring the rainforest around the ship. "Beautiful." He said softly.
Kalis Bantha
 player, 21 posts
Wed 17 Feb 2016
at 03:34
Mission 1:
Kalis emerged from the cool, air-conditioned comfort of the shuttle and into the oppressive muggy warmth of the jungle. The Tatooine-raised Zabrak could stand the heat, but the humidity was something worse, raising an uncomfortable sweat under his robes. This seemed no place for a bantha.

He tramped around the area, stretching his legs and idly investigating the dense vegetation. 'How about we make two groups of three? Empire and, ah, not Empire?'
Ooli Geduca
 player, 16 posts
 Lieutenant
Wed 17 Feb 2016
at 04:14
Mission 1:
Ooli remains in her uniform, forsaking her armor for the sake of a more formalized appearance.

Before they get to ground, she passes off her grenade launcher and stun grenades to GS-974, and warns him of the nonlethal armament (not that he would have trouble recognizing less-lethal grenades even if they aren't standard Imperial issue).

She explains that that amount of armament on a Stormtrooper is expected, but an officer carrying that much is suspicious, and tells him to make use of the armament at his discretion unless and until she asks for it back.  From there, she does a comms check with the stormtroopers and prepares to make landfall.

Joining the procession out of the ship, she silently finds herself wishing for a more developed area.  "Two groups of three sounds good.  Keeps us balanced between both arms of our mission, as long as both groups have a commlink or two."
Yesdona Miralu
 player, 28 posts
 HP: 41 Reflex: 21 DT: 20
 Cha: 18
Wed 17 Feb 2016
at 04:50
Mission 1:
Comms check good She says from somewhere out of sight in the jungle as she scouts around the landing area.
Kalis Bantha
 player, 23 posts
Wed 17 Feb 2016
at 05:29
Mission 1:
Finding a log to sit on, Kalis worked on connecting his computer to the local holonet, using the Sentinel's guest account, and then linked his comlink to the others. 'I'm connected.'

'So, Xirek, Yesdona, and I shall seek out this Jedi, while Ooli and Tomen head to the city?' Kalis outlined. He regarded the five Stormtroopers, faceless and impassive as a herd of bantha, yet with the aggressive edge of a pack of womp rats. They disturbed him deeply. He didn't know if one of those was the Stormtrooper who had attended the briefing. 'With one of them, I guess.'
The unifying force
 GM, 36 posts
Wed 17 Feb 2016
at 11:09
Mission 1:
As you step out and inspect the surroundings, a large colourful bird with all the colours of a rainbow flies up to the shuttle, lands on it, and starts pecking at it's hull. It seems to think the shuttle is some kind of rival bird, as it's squawking furiously and stomping around while pecking. Fortunately the shuttle is made of stern durasteel and distinctly unimpressed by the birds beak.

Beyond that there is nothing to indicate this shouldn't be a fine place to keep the shuttle while it waits.

The chariot command speeder is large, heavily armored and heavily armed. It moves around sluggishly however in this jungle terrain. It also has considerably less room than one might expect, for it seats only 3. But those three are well protected, as the speeder is completely enclosed.



The speeder bikes have a far easier time navigating the forest, as they zoom easily enough through the trees and don't take up as much space as the great armored speeder. And so soon enough both teams are off!

Private: