Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona.   Posted by The unifying force.Group: 0
Xirek Kreshu
 player, 36 posts
 Jedi Consular
 Arkanian Offshoot
Thu 17 Mar 2016
at 16:17
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
  As they headed out, Xirek turned his head as they walked to speak with Kalis. "I'm not able to reach any of the team. What was it they went to do? Static on more than one device is likely some kind of jamming or massive interference, or do you see any other reason that could be?"   When they arrived at the junkyard droid shop, the Arkanian took a long scan of the area, with his eyes, ears and more nebulous senses.

OOC: Using UtF to sense surroundings, and general mood and location of those present. Final: 24.. Expceptional skill(UtF) makes it 8.

16:06, Today: Xirek Kreshu rolled 21 using 1d20+16.  Use the Force - sense surroundings.


This message was last edited by the player at 16:18, Thu 17 Mar 2016.

Kalis Bantha
 player, 70 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 02:23
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
'Ooli spoke of... "handling a more overt action". I really wish she'd given us more information.' Kalis answered Xirek, still concerned over exactly what they were doing here. 'They may have entered a comms-shielded area.'

Entering the droid shop, Kalis looked around, disturbed to see so many body-parts, heaped and scattered about. They might be made of metal and plastic, but it was no less creepy – especially when you accepted droids as sentients. It was like a horror holo come to life, especially with that head being grafted onto an astromech. It didn't help Kalis's nerves to reflect on what Darkstar had asked, what Yesdona had apparently contemplated. He couldn't believe this casual murder was even being considered. He was just a monk on a holy quest – how had he gotten into this?

He browsed the shop, but lingered near the counter, so that he could interfere if anything happened. He had to trust and give Yesdona the chance to do the right thing first.
The unifying force
 GM, 100 posts
Sat 19 Mar 2016
at 07:32
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
The duros looks up as Yesdona and narrows his eyes, he seems to think for a moment she's a phantom or some kind of daydream, he can't imagine such a creature actually coming into his store. But when he blinks twice and she isn't gone he finally says rather slowly.

"Not yet.. but soon.. eh.. Do you need something? I have some droids that 'are' working.."

He puts the project he's working on away with fumbling hands, clearly not sure how to handle this situation. People entering his store aren't usually so.. clean..
Yesdona Miralu
 player, 76 posts
 HP: 41 Reflex: 21 DT: 20
 Cha: 18
Sat 19 Mar 2016
at 11:28
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
Smiling at him with her most alluring smile she says, I'm a collector you see, I like rare and unique droids. As long as they are working I am willing to pay handsomely.

Looking around briefly she continues by saying I tend to find the best in little shops like this all across the galaxy. Might you have something that would peak my interest?

Bringing her eyes back to meet his they almost twinkle with wild abandon.

Using the distraction she unbuckles her holster as silently as she can, waiting for the perfect opportunity. Luckily for her she modified it herself to be quick and quiet for this exact purpose.
The unifying force
 GM, 102 posts
Sun 20 Mar 2016
at 12:03
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
He looks around his shop as he considers the question and his eyes finally fall on a dark corner somewhere in the back.

"Well.. I have an old Droideka from the clone wars era, the shield doesn't work though.. But the rest of it works alright.. And some of my own creations.. What type of droid do you look for?"

He doesn't seem aware that anyone has put a hit out on him, or that anyone would even want to do so at all.


Private:

Kalis Bantha
 player, 74 posts
Sun 20 Mar 2016
at 12:37
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
Kalis approached the encounter, feeling rather worried about what Yesdona was planning. This potty old droid technician didn't deserve what Darkstar had asked. 'Excuse me, sir,' he hailed, 'But we actually came here to warn you...'

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 12:37, Sun 20 Mar 2016.

Yesdona Miralu
 player, 81 posts
 HP: 41 Reflex: 21 DT: 20
 Cha: 18
Sun 20 Mar 2016
at 15:43
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
Yesdona smiles as she looks over to Kalis as if to say Don't worry

She licks her lips as she turns back to the Duro, and introduces herself My friend here is right, I am Kyli but my friends all call me Ky. There has been a hit put out on you and we would like to get you to safety.
Xirek Kreshu
 player, 37 posts
 Jedi Consular
 Arkanian Offshoot
Mon 21 Mar 2016
at 02:52
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
 The Arkanian Jedi watched and observed, Yesdona did have a stun weapon and although he didn't feel like she was going to do something appropriate, he still wasn't sure this was all a ruse designed to see what their group would do. He may be reporting back or has some surveillance. There was no way to be sure about the latter, but the former he could at least analyze the man's reaction when they revealed a 'hit' was ordered on him.

OOC: It may be ahead of the time, but using Force Perception to sense any deception in his response. 21:44, Today: Xirek Kreshu rolled 18 using 1d20+16.  Use the Force - activate power. Exception skill makes it a 24.

21:51, Today: Xirek Kreshu rolled 17 using 1d20+16.  Use the Force - Perception roll. Uggh

The unifying force
 GM, 105 posts
Tue 22 Mar 2016
at 21:57
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
The duros looks shocked for a moment, staring at both of you as he takes in this proclamation. Finally when he regains the ability to speak he says, rather hesitantly.

"I think... I think you might.. have my confused with someone else.. I mean.. a hit?? There must be some mistake.."

At least that explains why such a busty young twi'lek woman would walk into his store. She's in the wrong place, that explains it all!


Private:

Yesdona Miralu
 player, 82 posts
 HP: 41 Reflex: 21 DT: 20
 Cha: 18
Tue 22 Mar 2016
at 22:51
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
Yesdona looks at him, giving the Duros a good once over and shrugging her shoulders she says Maybe you're right, maybe we have the wrong shop keeper. Then again, maybe we don't.

Taking a step back, she looks down at the floor as if considering her options.

On one hand if he isn't the right guy, and we make him disappear... It's not our fault, we followed the directions to the shop.
On the other hand, if he is the right guy and we just let him go we fail.
If he is the right guy, how do we convince him?
Do we convince him, or do we just knock him out and make him disappear?
The guy never said to kill him, just said to make him disappear...


Spending a few minutes pacing and thinking, she occasionally looks up at her companions and the Duros.

Turning back to the Duros, Yesdona opens her mouth to speak just to immediately close it again. Taking a firm grasp of one of her lekku, she rubs it gently before nodding.

Look, either you come with us and let us help you. Or we help you anyway, this guys is dangerous and if it is not us, it will be the next group that stumbles across him. We have, err... friends that can give you a good job, maybe even some adventure. However, you need to come with us now and let us help you. Yesdona looks at him with almost a concerned look, anyone that knows her might see that its forced. However, anyone that has not had the time to get to know her would see it for being genuine.



OCC:
Deception for the look of concern, Persuasion to get him to come with us, and perception to get an insight on his last statement
17:47, Today: Yesdona Miralu rolled 29 using 1d20+12 with rolls of 17.  Deception.
17:48, Today: Yesdona Miralu rolled 18 using 1d20+12 with rolls of 6.  Persuasion.
17:49, Today: Yesdona Miralu rolled 22 using 1d20+13 with rolls of 9.  Perception.

Kalis Bantha
 player, 75 posts
Wed 23 Mar 2016
at 12:02
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
Kalis interjected 'Do you know the name "Darkstar"? Or this voice?' He tapped his datapad and played a voice recording, with Darkstar's sinister words repeated 'There's a man, he runs a droid repair store.. I need him to disappear...'

'Perhaps, sir, you could simply get out of town for a few days? We know of a house, it's unoccupied... Hopefully that will be sufficiently disappeared.'
The unifying force
 GM, 108 posts
Wed 23 Mar 2016
at 12:56
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
The old Duros looks extremely shaken by this sudden turn of events and is clearly struggling to deal with it.

"I eh.. I well I heard stuff, rumors, something about him having to do with those pirate attacks but no no I never met the man, or spoke to him. I don't get involved. I'm just running a business here. What am I supposed to do?"

He looks around rather desperately at his place of business, his home, his livelihood. But then there's also the matter that his life might be at stake. He looks at you uncertainly.

"So.. You have a job? I have bills to pay.. But if you pay.. well.. I suppose it sounds like it might be good for me to be away for a while.."
Xirek Kreshu
 player, 38 posts
 Jedi Consular
 Arkanian Offshoot
Wed 23 Mar 2016
at 13:56
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
  "I sense no deception from the man. But we do need to make this convincing." He disliked the idea of shooting him with a stun bolt, he could probably do it with the Force, but there was no need since it is the same result.

  He nodded to the Twi'lek and her blaster, then turned back to the shop owner and spoke calmly. "If it takes more than a couple of days, we will have you compensated. There is equipment there that you can keep as collateral. But for now, we can't let them know you are alive or they will come after you."
Yesdona Miralu
 player, 83 posts
 HP: 41 Reflex: 21 DT: 20
 Cha: 18
Wed 23 Mar 2016
at 14:16
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
Before the shopkeeper could respond, Yesdona pulls out her blaster which is always set to stun and shoots him point blank. It is for the best she says as she pulls the trigger.


OCC:
09:10, Today: Yesdona Miralu rolled 23 using 1d20+8.  To Hit.
09:11, Today: Yesdona Miralu rolled 18 using 3d8+2.  Damage.
(If Applicable)
09:12, Today: Yesdona Miralu rolled 6 using 1d6.  Sneak attack Damage.

Kalis Bantha
 player, 76 posts
Thu 24 Mar 2016
at 11:15
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
Concerned with the shopkeeper, Kalis missed Xirek's nod to Yesdona. 'You know, I think we've been sent on a wild bantha chase—' he had commented, before Yesdona raised her blaster. 'No!' he began, as she shot the man down.

Desperately dreading, Kalis hurried around the counter, fearfully checking the Duros and immensely relieved to find it was only a stun, that he was still breathing and intact. He rose, shuddering with tension, before quickly centring himself. 'That was... bad timing.' he began, rather diplomatically, covering a hundred recriminations and criticisms of this deed. He hadn't lived in Mos Eisley, hadn't worked as an illicit slicer, without learning a thing or two about crime and how to handle it, unpleasant as he found it himself. This wasn't a time to talk about morality, now. 'It would've been better if he'd walked out of here and into the jungle with us. How are we to carry an unconscious man through the streets – on a speeder bike?' he asked, a fair point, he thought.
The unifying force
 GM, 111 posts
Thu 24 Mar 2016
at 13:54
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
The Duros his eyes go wide just before he's shot and he tries to let out a cry of shock or panic or perhaps a plea for help but it's cut off quickly and he drops to the floor like a sack of potato's.
Xirek Kreshu
 player, 39 posts
 Jedi Consular
 Arkanian Offshoot
Sun 27 Mar 2016
at 20:52
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
  Xirek shrugged, not knowing what else to do to gain information from the pirate conspirator. But, he moved to the man and checked to see that he was unharmed. "We don't have time for a long discussion about it, better to get it over with. We can carry him out back in an alley and tie him to one of us on the speeder bikes so he looks like a rider. Either than or we will need to borrow a speeder.."

OOC: Xirek will check his vitals and then look for a back door that leads to somewhere out of sight.
Kalis Bantha
 player, 77 posts
Mon 28 Mar 2016
at 02:39
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
Kalis bowed to the fallen Duros. 'The Bantha protect you,' he prayed, and for himself with some exasperation 'And grant me strength and patience.' He crouched and lifted the old man up in his arms, clearly not lacking for strength.
The unifying force
 GM, 114 posts
Tue 29 Mar 2016
at 12:37
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
The backdoor leads to a backyard filled with droid parts and equipment, none of it looks operable. There's no door leading out to the alleyway behind the wall but you might be able to throw the Duros over and then climb over yourselves, or if you're desperate you could cut a hole through the wall with a lightsaber.
Xirek Kreshu
 player, 40 posts
 Jedi Consular
 Arkanian Offshoot
Tue 29 Mar 2016
at 15:41
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
PM
Xirek Kreshu
 player, 41 posts
 Jedi Consular
 Arkanian Offshoot
Tue 29 Mar 2016
at 19:39
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
  The Arkanian studied the wall briefly then turned to the Zabrak and Twi'lek. He could move the Duros fairly easily with the Force. "You two bring the speeder bikes around to the alley over there." He gestured to the wall, separating them from the alley. "I will move him over, safely, and then climb over to join you. Then we can try again to find out where the others are and have them join us at the house." He put his arms out, silently offering to take the man from Kalis.
Kalis Bantha
 player, 78 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 02:19
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
Wordless, Kalis passed the old man over and stepped back into the shop. There, he activated his comlink, sounding worried, 'Ooli, Tomen, we need to meet. This thing with Darkstar... we have a problem on our hands.''
Ooli Geduca
 player, 62 posts
 Lieutenant
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 13:33
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
"Where should we meet up and what is your status?" Ooli queries through the commlink.  She sounds a little tense.
Kalis Bantha
 player, 81 posts
Thu 31 Mar 2016
at 02:37
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
Kalis thought for a moment. 'The Jedi Alaina's house... We, uh, seem to have accidentally kidnapped someone...' he explained sheepishly.
Xirek Kreshu
 player, 42 posts
 Jedi Consular
 Arkanian Offshoot
Thu 31 Mar 2016
at 13:11
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
  The Jedi waited until the other two companions pulled up in the alley outside the wall to the backyard of the shop. Once he heard them, he set the shopkeeper down gently, then leapt up and climbed on the wall, straddling it. He raised an outstretched hand down and lifted the Duros and moved him through the air, over the wall and gently down to either Kalis ( or on the ground if he wasn't willing to catch him). He then jumped down and helped strap the Duros to Kalis's back and put his cloak over the Duros to hide the bindings. Once they did that he joined Yesdona on the back of her speeder bike and they returned to the homestead of the missing Jedi woman.