A time of ill omens.   Posted by The Norn.Group: 0
Erik Tri-Derbelk
 player, 26 posts
Wed 5 Oct 2016
at 06:39
Re: On the Hunt
In reply to Klaengr Aegirson (msg # 496):

Erik, now at the bottom of the ladder surveys the area, re-nocks an arrow into his crossbow, and waits for the others to decide how they will proceed. He stands off to one side surveying the orcs. Looking for outliers that they could use to whittle out the group.
Amund Gunvar
 player, 70 posts
Wed 5 Oct 2016
at 17:27
Re: On the Hunt
When the planned called for scaling the wall, Amund hugged Geri and told him to stay low here, watching the area where the sentries are; when it was all right for him to come up, Amund would show up there and call to him.

Amund then quietly follows the others to the top of the wall, looking back nervously to Geri every few seconds.  He then follows the others down the ladder and nocks an arrow in his bow.  "Amund will stay here and cover you with arrows."  Amund also surveys the enemy for signs of spellcasters.

OOC:  Sorry, been off the grid in Yellowstone the last week.  Still with minimal service the next few days.
Wulfgar Olafson
 player, 20 posts
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 01:13
Re: On the Hunt
Wulfgar motions to his belt to indicate his axes. "I'll go up front. I don't have much in the way of ranged weapons."
Vermundr
 player, 95 posts
 Protector of Man
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 01:20
Re: On the Hunt
In reply to Wulfgar Olafson (msg # 499):

"And I shall join you good sir."
Dragnar Donegal
 player, 72 posts
 Whistling Bard
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 01:20
Re: On the Hunt
Dragnar reaches in his cloak and pulls out some darts.
Sigurd Svartulf
 player, 55 posts
 Outlaw explorer
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 03:05
Re: On the Hunt
"I'll go around to the side. Maybe I can catch a few orcs off guard."
Klaengr Aegirson
 player, 91 posts
 sturm and drang
 and bacon sandwiches
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 03:54
Re: On the Hunt
Klaengr assembles into position with his melee-minded companions. "This is the fall back point if things go sour as we move forward. Let's try to not let orcs surround us, if possible. If anyone spots a likely spellcaster, let me know soonest so I can neutralize them immediately."
Erik Tri-Derbelk
 player, 27 posts
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 19:34
Re: On the Hunt
In reply to Klaengr Aegirson (msg # 503):

Seeing that everyone is ready. he stands ready to take out as many of the orcs as he can. HIs heart pounding, praying that his gift/curse doesn't kick in at the wrong time.
The Norn
 GM, 231 posts
 The fates
Sat 8 Oct 2016
at 09:30
Re: On the Hunt
Okay, as I understand it, Amund is staying atop the wall, and Sigurd is going around the side, the rest of you are, what, going straight ahead? Map has been updated, or will be in a second...

it's still map two, but you many need to reload to get the new image

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:36, Sat 08 Oct 2016.

Vermundr
 player, 96 posts
 Protector of Man
Sat 8 Oct 2016
at 16:24
Re: On the Hunt
Vermundr will follow Sigurds lead attempting to flank the main encampment area.
Wulfgar Olafson
 player, 21 posts
Sat 8 Oct 2016
at 20:06
Re: On the Hunt
Wulfgar will flank also.
Ludvig Frydenlund
 player, 49 posts
 Loyal Muscle
Sun 9 Oct 2016
at 00:16
Re: On the Hunt
Flank! Ludvig does not feel that he can take a group of orc head-on.
Amund Gunvar
 player, 71 posts
Sun 9 Oct 2016
at 07:52
Re: On the Hunt
In reply to The Norn (msg # 505):

OOC:  What is the distance on the map?  Is the enemy still within my short bow range (50/100 yards) if I stay on the wall?
Dragnar Donegal
 player, 73 posts
 Whistling Bard
Sun 9 Oct 2016
at 17:40
Re: On the Hunt
I would prefer not to be in the main phalanx . . . so flank.

But . . . it appears we have more flanking than not.  I suppose this is ok . . .
The Norn
 GM, 232 posts
 The fates
Mon 10 Oct 2016
at 08:51
Re: On the Hunt
So Ludvig is leaving Klanger alone in the middle to go flank?

The purpose of Sigurd is to be where the party isn't, so the whole party going with him is defeating his purpose, and he will just go even further afield to flank until you are all going all the way around the map!

Mind you when he says flank, it is only in relation to where you all are, unless you're leaving all together, wherever the core of the group is will be the center of the line.
Hrunnwulf Jorgaldsen
 player, 44 posts
 4th level warrior
 AC5, HP 28/35
Mon 10 Oct 2016
at 15:52
Re: On the Hunt
Hruunwulf squints, looking ahead.  The others seem to want to flank, but not him.  He will move forward with the main van.
Ludvig Frydenlund
 player, 50 posts
 Loyal Muscle
Mon 10 Oct 2016
at 19:39
Re: On the Hunt
Ack! Nope... not leaving Klaengr. From a player perspective his injuries mean that Ludvig is far to vulnerable for a frontal assault, but RP says he sticks with the cleric.  It shall be a glorious death!
Dragnar Donegal
 player, 74 posts
 Whistling Bard
Mon 10 Oct 2016
at 20:56
Re: On the Hunt
The Norn:
So Ludvig is leaving Klanger alone in the middle to go flank?

The purpose of Sigurd is to be where the party isn't, so the whole party going with him is defeating his purpose, and he will just go even further afield to flank until you are all going all the way around the map!

Mind you when he says flank, it is only in relation to where you all are, unless you're leaving all together, wherever the core of the group is will be the center of the line.


I guess I didn't (and still do not) fully understand what is being done here.  But I will go with Klanger.  I may have some tricks up my sleeve to help.
Vermundr
 player, 97 posts
 Protector of Man
Tue 11 Oct 2016
at 03:56
Re: On the Hunt
OOC: From the way I'm interpreting the map...Sigurd is headed towards the top most fire.  This would, in essence, be flanking the main fire in the map.  Following him in this direction allows me to give him some extra muscle should any resistance be encountered while he attempts to move into position to cover the main group.  Also gives me the advantage of being able to circle behind or flank anyone the party heading 'straight' would encounter.
The Norn
 GM, 233 posts
 The fates
Tue 11 Oct 2016
at 10:28
Re: On the Hunt
The 'vanguard' by definition needs to be the largest portion of you. Where ever the largest group hits will become the front lines, because that is where the monsters will rush. The flank is not the side of the monsters, because there isn't one until they rush to face the vanguard, but the side of the party.

Klaenger needs to decide where the main group will be entering the fray.

Sigurd will be using his stealthy ways to try and get around and do stealthy things. If Vermundr feels he can be stealthy too, he should go with Sigurd. If he does not, then it wold be detrimental to what Sigurd is doing to have a large, loud strong fighter type with him.

If Klaengr wishes to have two meaty forces, that is fine too, but I think Sigurd (correct me if I am wrong here) wants to be traveling alone.

Amund will be on the wall, and can move along the wall as needed, except to cross places where the wall is broken open.

So, Klaengr and Ludvig are group one. Hruunwulf will be joining them.

Vermunder wishes to move around to the left? Is anyone going with him.

Sigurd will be going to the left of Vermunder, I am guessing alone.

Dragnar, Erik, and Wulfgar, I still don't know...
Dragnar Donegal
 player, 75 posts
 Whistling Bard
Tue 11 Oct 2016
at 13:55
Re: On the Hunt
Dragnar will be happy to be "assigned" to join either Klaengr or Vermundr.  I suspect Klaengr makes more sense, but will obey either directive.
Sigurd Svartulf
 player, 56 posts
 Outlaw explorer
Tue 11 Oct 2016
at 14:00
Re: On the Hunt
OOC: Sorry for the late reply. I've been kinda busy.

Sigurd for sure intended to sneak off behind the orcs, and hopefully get into position to backstab a spell caster or leader type. He's not leading a charge to the flanks. If some of you do that, good. I'll circle farther around to get in position to strike.

Vermundr
 player, 98 posts
 Protector of Man
Tue 11 Oct 2016
at 20:16
Re: On the Hunt
OOC: Sounds good to me...wasn't trying to cramp Sigurds style, just the direction he was headed in seemed advantageous to me.
Wulfgar Olafson
 player, 22 posts
Fri 14 Oct 2016
at 03:45
Re: On the Hunt
Wulfgar will go with Vermundr.
Erik Tri-Derbelk
 player, 28 posts
Mon 17 Oct 2016
at 20:39
Re: On the Hunt
In reply to Wulfgar Olafson (msg # 520):

Erik is ready to go with crossbow in hand waiting for the group to set off itching to get going and try his hand. He will loose a shot into the nearest monster before dropping his crossbow and drawing his axe for the charge.