Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton.   Posted by Watcher.Group: archive 0
Kilain Gravendak
 player, 26 posts
 Stress P0 M0 E0 PP1
 Trauma P0 M0 E0
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 17:34
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
Kilain watches the Goblins flee and heads over to the others near the half orc. Kilain moves over to the fallen Man Of Iron and called upon the power of The Grayebeards mastery of Earth, Stone and Mineral to begin repairing the fallen ally. A pulse of power goes into the warforged and systems begin to engage...


Distinction: Dwarven Warrior seeking atonement d8
Race: Dwarf d6
Class: Sorcery d8
SFX: Healing - Add Sorcery to your dice pool to help someone recover stress or trauma. Spend 1PP to recover your or another's stress or step back trauma by 1.
Specialty: Mystic Expert d8

Ill spend whatever PP I have to to heal the group.

09:33, Today: Kilain Gravendak rolled 6,3,4,1 using 1d8,1d6,1d8,1d8 with rolls of 6,3,4,1.  healing.

Roll: 10 effect: d8

This message was last edited by the player at 18:30, Sat 10 Dec 2016.

Varik Venrenson
 player, 38 posts
 PP: 4, XP: 6
 Stress-P: 0, E: 0, M: 0
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 18:38
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
Varik almost does not resume his humanoid form. He attempts to give chase to the goblins, and then remembers his friends through the haze of his animal bloodlust. He roars at the fleeing creatures, but shakes his massive head and slowly heads back to the others. Fighting his urge to hunt his prey. He is forced to return to his humanoid form, to avoid further temptation.

[Private to GM: OOC-1 XP -when you act in a way opposite of the shape you are in. Animal
like in humanoid form, human like when a beast?
]
Watcher
 GM, 107 posts
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 02:03
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
In reply to Varik Venrenson (msg # 102):

PM

[Private to Varik Venrenson: Yes, I'll give you that. XP is flowing fast!]
Jean Esperon
 player, 44 posts
 Stress: P0 M0 E0 PP: 2
 Trauma: P0 Md10 E0
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 18:41
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
Jean walks up and pulls the big orc's sword out of the ground. He regards it and then nods to Dergrenche. "To end the curse, you must do three things. First, you must kneel and swear never to attack the Iron Man again. Secondly, you must find a lake one mile in diameter or larger and bathe nude in it, three times. Thirdly, you must surrender valuables to the being from whom you attracted the curse. This sword and the belongings of your compatriots who fell will do."

Dergrenche's eyes go wide and his nostrils flare. Anger dances across his face, but he kneels, barking an order to his men to do the same. He swears never to attack the Man of Iron again, stands abruptly and without a further word--but with a few glares of malice--moves away quickly.

[Private to GM: I took a bit of liberty--please do edit this or take out the reaction from DerGrenche if I got it wrong.

GM: Perfectly right amount of liberty. I made a couple of really minor edits: I fixed your text color and took out the last line about the orcs because his men already scattered.
]

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:56, Wed 07 Dec 2016.

The Man of Iron
 player, 37 posts
 Stress Pd6 M0 E0 PP2
 Trauma P0 M0 E0
Thu 8 Dec 2016
at 15:03
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
((Tireless Martyr d8, Exceptional Stamina d10, Enhanced Durability d8, Crafting Master d10

09:00, Today: The Man of Iron rolled 1,6,3,3 using d8,d10,d8,d10, unique dice with rolls of 1,6,3,3.  Self-Repair Systems Engage!

Blargh. TOTAL 9, EFFECT D10, 1 OPP))


A soft whirring had started the moment the Man of Iron's internal systems had detected a catastrophic system failure, represented mostly by a flaming sword interrupting the function of his clockwork guts.  The whirring sound increased, however, after Dergrenche's boot-nudge, and quickly became a sort of grinding noise that did not sound at all pleasant, before sputtering noisily and settling into a rather unhealthy chugging.
Varik Venrenson
 player, 39 posts
 PP: 4, XP: 7
 Stress-P: 0, E: 0, M: 0
Thu 8 Dec 2016
at 15:06
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
Varik looks over the fallen warrior, and reaches for his herb pouch...and stops. What was he going to do for a injured being made of metal and enchanted wood? "Can anyone do anything for our steel friend?" He asked the others. "I am not sure even healing magic of the standard type will help him..."
Lystra
 player, 14 posts
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 01:42
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
<<I'll pass on maintaining the Blessing Asset, since it seems like this combat is winding down.>>
Watcher
 GM, 109 posts
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 17:25
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
In reply to The Man of Iron (msg # 105):

Man of Iron's limited (albeit magical) repair systems kick into operation to try to correct the damage he sustained from Degrenche. Unfortunately the heat from the flaming sword fused a doodad to a thingamajig, and the resulting jam prevents his systems from doing much good.

Even as his own wounds bind and shrink, Varik looks over Man of Iron, herb pouch in hand. Clearly herbs were not going to help this construct much. However, Varik has a hunch that the magic part of healing magic might still be able to work, although it likely wouldn't be as effective as it would be on a flesh and blood creature.



Note, Durability is generally used for combat - think of it as Armor Class. Stamina is generally used in healing rolls - think of it as a Fortitude Save or Constitution.

Healing magics can work on MOI, but he has some limits that make the roll more difficult. Basically, I add his durability die to the resistance roll.

Still waiting to see what Kilain wants to do about his roll, in case the extra information I provided after his roll would have caused him to change his mind.


------------ REACTION TO MOI HEALING ATTEMPT        ------------------------------------
11:16, Today: Watcher rolled 7,14,1 using 2d6,3d8,d4 with rolls of 1,6,5,5,4,1.  Doom vs. MOI healing.

11/d8/2opps --> MOI's action fails

Status thread updated: link to a message in this game
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Varik Venrenson
 player, 40 posts
 PP: 4, XP: 7
 Stress-P: 0, E: 0, M: 0
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 17:38
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
Varik attempts to examine the construct,  uses his inhuman senses to determine what the damage is. However,  the fact that this is no living creature was keeping his natural hearing magics from functioning.

Ooc:
12:34, Today: Varik Venrenson rolled 1,3,4,7 using 1d8,2d8,1d8,1d8 with rolls of 1,1,2,4,7. Healing on MOI.

Crap roll.

Total=6, effect die d4. I would spend pp, buy given the die it would do no good.

Daedur Talond
 player, 26 posts
 Stress: P-d10 E-0 M-0
 Trauma: P-0 E-0 M-0
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 20:06
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
As soon as Dergrenche was out of sight, Daedur dropped to his knees. That couldn't have gone much worse. No one had gone completely unscathed except Lystra, and the Man of Iron was now lying on the ground, unresponsive save the ominous clunking coming from something inside him. Daedur clutched at his arm and turned his eyes to the ground. This was completely his fault for being so inexperienced and unskilled. Angrily he tossed away the shards of ice that were in his hand and let his knife, still wet with Dergrenche's blood, fall to the ashes of the dead leaf fire.


OOC: Waiting to see how the already existing healing rolls end up before I decide what to do with my roll...
Jean Esperon
 player, 45 posts
 Stress: P0 M0 E0 PP: 2
 Trauma: P0 Md10 E0
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 23:40
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
Jean watches Dergrenche go and then rushes to the side of the iron man. He kneels by it and bangs on the automoton. "Blast you! Don't do this to us! Esmerelda didn't die so you could lie there!"

He slumps to the ground, twitching a bit. He was dealing with significant flashbacks to Esmerelda's death and needed a minute to collect himself...

Not sure if the healing applied to my Mental stress. If not, decrease it from d10 to d8. If so, someone narrate it:-)
Varik Venrenson
 player, 41 posts
 PP: 4, XP: 7
 Stress-P: 0, E: 0, M: 0
Sat 10 Dec 2016
at 14:40
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
In reply to Daedur Talond (msg # 110):

Varick notices Daedur ' s wounds, and turns away from MOI. "Nature is hard pressed to aid those who exist outside of it. But you don't. .." he applies the same powers to the elf ' s wounds.

(Ooc:
09:35, Today: Varik Venrenson rolled 4,10,6,6 using 1d8,2d8,1d8,1d8 with rolls of 4,6,4,6,6. Healing on D.

Chosen by nature - d8
Senses- 2d8
Sfx - wild hunt
Nature control - d8
Healing-d8

Total=16, effect die=d8)

This message was last edited by the player at 14:43, Sat 10 Dec 2016.

Kilain Gravendak
 player, 28 posts
 Stress P0 M0 E0 PP1
 Trauma P0 M0 E0
Sat 10 Dec 2016
at 18:41
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
After tending to Man of Iron's repairs, Kilain moved over to a log and set down.

He pulled some jerky out and slipped it into his mouth chewing slowly resting body and mind. Performing a Dwarven Meditation technique to pull energy from the rock around him.

try and recover physical stress. and heal MOI

Distinction: Slow and Steady- d4 (for PP 1)
Race: Enhanced Durability- d8
SFX: Dwarven Resilience. Before you make an action using your Dwarf Power Set, you may spend 1 PP to move your physical stress to the doom pool and step up your
 Dwarf power trait for this action.
Limit:  Stocky. Convert Exceptional Stamina into a complication to earn a PP. Recover on opportunity.
Class: Enhanced Durability d8
Specialty: Mystic Expert d8
10:40, Today: Kilain Gravendak rolled 1,1,2,8,8 using 1d4,1d8,1d4,1d8,1d8 with rolls of 1,1,2,8,8.  is this right? recovery roll.

roll- 16- DM gains two for the Doom Pool, Effect- d10 for step up. Kilain gains 2 PP. Is this right?


Distinction: slow and steady d4, +1PP
 Race: Nothing directly applicable for healing MOI, so it's d6 for free + Dwarven Resilience to step it up to d8 and heal yourself, -1PP
 Class: Sorcery + SFX: Healing = d8
 Specialty: Mysticism = d8


 d4, 3d8, net 0PP, move your stress to doom. You'd be healed and MOI would have a chance to heal.

20:11, Today: Kilain Gravendak rolled 1,4,1,5 using 1d4,1d8,1d8,1d8 with rolls of 1,4,1,5.  Roll 9.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:11, Sun 11 Dec 2016.

Watcher
 GM, 110 posts
Sun 11 Dec 2016
at 02:49
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
Varik's herbs and natural magics work a lot better on the flesh and blood Daedur than they did on Man of Iron. The wounds on the elf's shoulder and thigh magically seal and quickly disappear. Deadur has a bit of an ache there for a few more minutes, but soon even that fades away.



------------ REACTION TO VARIK HEAL DAEDUR  ------------------------------------
going against Total=16, effect die=d8

20:46, Today: Watcher rolled 10,9 using 2d6,3d8 with rolls of 6,4,2,6,1.  doom resist varik heal daedur.

12/d6/1opp

Varik heals Daedur d8, which is enough to heal him all the way up.

Status thread: link to a message in this game
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jean Esperon
 player, 46 posts
 Stress: P0 Md8 E0 PP: 2
 Trauma: P0 M0 E0
Mon 12 Dec 2016
at 02:32
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
Jean staggers to his feet and wanders over to Varik. "I don't suppose you have anything for a disturbed mind, eh? Or a headache?" He is half-joking--and half-serious.
Varik Venrenson
 player, 43 posts
 PP: 4, XP: 7
 Stress-P: 0, E: 0, M: 0
Mon 12 Dec 2016
at 02:58
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
In reply to Jean Esperon (msg # 115):

"I don't have any joyweed on me..."
Varick shrugged.

(OOC-I can only make one healing check,  right?)
Watcher
 GM, 113 posts
Mon 12 Dec 2016
at 03:40
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton

Varik - correct, only 1 roll per "exploration scene" which is what we are now in.

Kilain and I have discussed his move and it will be an attempt to help MOI. It will serve to heal himself at the same time. Assuming it works on MOI, that leaves Jean as the only one left with stress.

Jean still has a roll that he could use on himself.
Deadur also has a roll that he could use to aid Jean. Maybe an "atta boy!"
Lystra has a roll as well, and I think she has SFX: Healing.

I think everyone except Lystra have tallied their XP? Anyone manage to get up to 15? If so you could spend it to bond Dergrenche's sword. If not, I know some of you are close and will probably get enough to bond it after the next scene.

I have a couple of administrative things to wrap up before moving us along: I need to double-check the recovery rules to see if MOI's stress will remain or step back to 0 and check on a player-in-waiting to see if they are still with us. That'll give the people with outstanding actions a little more time to decide what they want to do.

Next scene will have you getting to town and either be social or another exploration scene.

Lystra
 player, 15 posts
Tue 13 Dec 2016
at 01:44
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
With the combat over, Lystra wanders in a daze. To see such destruction takes her back, even if the scale is smaller than what she has seen. With their enemies vanquished, she lowers her bow and takes in the scene, wide-eyed.
Jean Esperon
 player, 48 posts
 Stress: P0 Md8 E0 PP: 1
 Trauma: P0 M0 E0
Tue 13 Dec 2016
at 02:10
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
Jean settles in a corner and closes his eyes. He begins to recite poetry to himself. Poetry, since an early age, has settled his mind and, since his mind was decidedly unsettled. As he chanted three verses over and over again, a pulsing, dancing light accompanied him, which was soothing to those who saw it, if not Jean...

----PRIMARY ACTION----
Attempt to alleviate Mental Stress--a measly 10/d8 with a PP to add in an extra die.

Smooth, Skilled and Somehow Magical d8
Magical Aptitude d8
Sorcery d8
Expert with Words d8

21:08, Today: Jean Esperon rolled 1,2,6,2 using 1d8,1d8,1d8,1d8 with rolls of 1,2,6,2.  Trying to alleviate Mental Stress.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:44, Wed 14 Dec 2016.

Watcher
 GM, 115 posts
Wed 14 Dec 2016
at 04:15
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton

Jean's chanting was nice and all, but it just didn't seem to settle him after this battle. Maybe he'd taken a harder hit on the head than he'd thought. Maybe his wild magic was messing with him again.



------------ REACTION TO JEAN RECOVER ROLL  ------------------------------------
vs. 10/d4

22:13, Today: Watcher rolled 10,13 using 2d6,3d8 with rolls of 5,5,8,3,2.  vs. Jean recovery roll. =13/d6

Jean's recovery fails.

Status thread: link to a message in this game
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watcher
 GM, 117 posts
Thu 15 Dec 2016
at 02:59
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton

New thread is up for the entrance to Safeton. As that is likely to be RP for a while, I'll leave this thread active for a few more days in case anyone who still has a roll wants to make one. I'll say that window will close Friday night (two nights from now).
Lystra
 player, 16 posts
Thu 15 Dec 2016
at 19:22
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
As the group ambles to the nearby town, Lystra keeps her eye on the teammate who seemed to be particularly hurt in the fracas.  (The man of iron mystified her, and as much as he seems to have been damaged, she knows there is nothing her skills could do for him.  Or it.  The fact that she can not identify what he is in the first place, and as far as his existence would be from any element of nature that would be comfortable to her, is enough for her to keep a distance if one is available.)  Quietly and without drawing attention, Lystra makes her way toward the man that had been identified as Jean.  As the group crests a hill and sees the town before them in the distance, Lystra puts her hand on his shoulder.  Her fingers tingle as her healing abilities stretch to her companion but her intention is solely to make contact and offer a reassuring gesture.  She points at her teammate.  "J -- Gheen," she sputters, attempting his name.  Regardless of his reaction, she points at herself.  "Lystra."  Her mouth is dry and her voice sounds alien to her: These are the first words she has uttered since meeting them in the forest.  (I hadn't even picked a color for her dialogue.)

Lystra to heal Jean's mental stress (d8) or create Emotional Healing Asset:
Running From Or Toward Her Past    d8
Magical Aptitude/Versatile    2d6
Sorcery   d8
Healing    d10

Lystra rolled 8,6,3,1,9 using d8,d6,d6,d8,d10 ((8,6,3,1,9)).

I'm not sure how healing works, so there could be two different outcomes for this roll:
Total: 17; Effect: d6 (if trying to get the highest Total), or
Total: 14; Effect: d10 (if trying to get the highest Effect die, to go over the amount of Stress)
Of course I'll go with whichever is most advantageous (or whichever Jean would prefer)
1 Opportunity

Watcher
 GM, 119 posts
Fri 16 Dec 2016
at 02:17
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
The next night when they make camp, Lystra moves in close to Jean and puts her hand on his shoulder. He can feel soothing magic coursing from her palm into his shoulder and washing over him. He sleeps very well that night and in the morning, the buzzing headache that had been dogging him since the battle was miraculously gone.



------------ REACTION TO LYSTRA HEALING ATTEMPT ------------------------------------
I think 15/d8 is actually optimal for this roll. You want the effect die to equal or exceed the stress die.

Doom is at 2d6, 3d8. 20:15, Today: Watcher rolled 6,19 using 2d6,3d8 with rolls of 2,4,8,4,7.  resist Lystra healing attempt. = 15/d8

Lystra's roll succeeds.

Status thread: link to a message in this game
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jean Esperon
 player, 49 posts
 Stress: P0 M0 E0 PP: 1
 Trauma: P0 M0 E0
Fri 16 Dec 2016
at 05:04
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
Jean blinks and smiles broadly at Lystra. It's as if his world were altered by a simple couple of words. "Lystra! A beautiful name. Thank you for sharing it!" He walked along with her quietly, inviting her to speak again with looks but never speaking a word, keeping pressure off of her.

Thank you!
Lystra
 player, 17 posts
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 23:28
Re: Episode 01, Scene 02: The Road to Safeton
Lystra nods at his words but looks at the ground instead of replying. She did not want to regret casting the healing spell and she realized she may have already said too much.

She keeps walking with them.