A New Beginning.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Azailah
 player, 126 posts
Tue 17 Jan 2017
at 02:56
A New Beginning
Azailah, with gun out, will stand by the office door to the hallway and wait. This way she will catch the prey if they come through the office or through the hallway.
GM
 GM, 130 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 01:45
A New Beginning
It remains a quiet as a crypt. The seconds tick by, slowly, oh so slowly.  Then with a noise as quiet as fireworks that shatters the absolute silence a small object flies into the office, through the door to the adjoining office, hits the floor and rolls towards Azailah.
Azailah
 player, 127 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 02:04
A New Beginning
Azailah doesn't think, she just reacts. She pushes herself to roll to the other side of the room.

(3 hits on reaction roll)
GM
 GM, 131 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 02:13
A New Beginning
Azailah manages to avoid most of the effect of the flashbang. When she turns back around a man is storming through the doorway with a pistol raised and panning around the room.
Azailah
 player, 128 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 02:37
A New Beginning
Azailah hears a high pitched ringing before her helmets sound stabilizers kick in. She turns to see the intruder and approaches them. She holds her gun out but then shakes her head. The grenade already made so much noise it could have compromised the recon teams position already, what did it matter if this person screamed? She reached out with her free hand and brought her anger bubbling to the surface. She forced out this emotion into the spell Shatter as she laid a hand on the mans forehead.

(Shatter, force 10, with edge- 3 hits, drain resist)
GM
 GM, 132 posts
Sat 21 Jan 2017
at 14:03
A New Beginning
The man burst apart in a series of pixels exploding outward. For a second the simulation faltered showing a blank white room but it quickly rebooted and once again showed the abandoned office building.

Over her coms Azailah hears Harley mutter, Well shit.
Azailah
 player, 129 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 15:54
A New Beginning
Azailah, still invisible will rush back to the sniper room.
GM
 GM, 133 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 16:33
A New Beginning
She finds the two snipers still staring out of the windows behind their rifles. Harley glances back with a look of apparent approval, Good job Was all she said before she went back to looking down her scope.
Azailah
 player, 130 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 17:00
A New Beginning
Azailah nods. Thanks she says before going back to keep watch.
GM
 GM, 134 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 17:16
A New Beginning
The mission continues without event on Azailah's end. The team eventually cleared the building and held it until more security forces arrived and the recon team extracted from their hide. The simulation shut off and the sweaty team members filed out of the now empty large white room.

The sergeant debriefed everyone then told them to take a break until it was time to go on call in a few hours. He seemed genuinely happy with how the team performed and even gave Azailah a nod of approval.

What does Azailah want to do until it is time to go on call?
Azailah
 player, 131 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 17:59
A New Beginning
Azailah takes a deep breath and glances around. She felt a bit off. She couldn't get shot on the job like she did in practice.

She will go to the canteen and order coffee. Surprisingly she drinks it black.
GM
 GM, 135 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 18:10
A New Beginning
Does she change clothing or does she go in her combat outfit?
Azailah
 player, 132 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 18:28
A New Beginning
Combat since they go on call soon. The canteen is in the training building thing right?
GM
 GM, 136 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 19:47
A New Beginning
Yes

Azailah arrives in the canteen in her full combat gear. She isn't out of place though as many people sit around in various amounts of tactical gear. The canteen is a large open room with tables surrounded in stools. The food is "discounted" but isn't of a high quality.

When Azailah sits down with her soy-cafe the two trolls on the team sit down at the same table continuing a conversation of 18th century literature.
Azailah
 player, 133 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 20:36
A New Beginning
Azailah glances at the trolls. She hasn't fully forgiven them for choking her out. Which was which?....Better just assume it was both of them.

She will look around the room. If she sees Mickey she will move. Otherwise sit and drink unless spoken too.
GM
 GM, 137 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 20:40
A New Beginning
A few minutes later Mickey and Gravel came into the canteen joking and laughing. The two go and grab some snack before flopping down in stools a few tables away. Mickey catches Azailah's eye and smiles at her.

When Azailah comes over Gravel and Mickey are talking about an upcoming Trid movie.

I don't know man.  I just can't get into action films. The people in them never actually know what they're doing. Gravel didn't seem to be the biggest film fan.
Azailah
 player, 134 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 20:51
A New Beginning
Azailahs puts down her cup with slight firce. "Gah. That is the biggest critic of action films but you can't ignore the special effects and any action films without an explosion is kidding themselves and I hope to god you do not put Zhan the Trollman into that category because he for sure does his own stunts and is super amazing and I could watch him for the rest of my life. " It was only at this point she took a breath.
GM
 GM, 138 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 20:55
A New Beginning
Well, Mickey said with a slight grimace as he wiped his sleeve clean of the coffee that had sloshed out of Azailah's cup, I take it you're  a big movie fan?
Azailah
 player, 135 posts
Mon 23 Jan 2017
at 01:20
A New Beginning
Azailah's eyes widened. "Yeah!" she said in a mocking tone. "What do you think Horizon is? A media. Corporation. Movies! Ive grown up with them, studied them! Ive met several actors, including Zhan himself!" She sounds cocky but excited and passionate all at once.
GM
 GM, 139 posts
Mon 23 Jan 2017
at 14:49
A New Beginning
We extracted a movie star from a running team that had abducted him. He was going to give us tickets to the opening of his movie but the company wouldn't let us take them. Mickey shrugged, Guess that's what it's like for us little guys.
Azailah
 player, 136 posts
Mon 23 Jan 2017
at 16:04
A New Beginning
Azailah paused for a long time before finally speaking. "Why not? Whats wrong with a little thank you or show of appreciation? I mean its free right? Whats the problem?" This came from her experience of always having free things given to her.
GM
 GM, 140 posts
Mon 23 Jan 2017
at 16:36
A New Beginning
Gravel barked out a laugh, That's what we said. But policy is policy I guess.

Mickey seemed to be in agreement with him, It's a good company to work for and all, no offense to your father. But sometimes we just have to wonder what the higherups are thinking. So what's your plan Azailah?
Azailah
 player, 137 posts
Mon 23 Jan 2017
at 17:22
A New Beginning
She took a sip of coffee then asked, "What do you mean? i plan to rise the ranks. Isnt that what moat people do?"
GM
 GM, 141 posts
Mon 23 Jan 2017
at 17:27
A New Beginning
They both just kinda shrugged before Mickey spoke up, Some people want to rise in the Tiers. Some want to rise in rank. Some want both. Personally I'm happy where I'm at.
Azailah
 player, 138 posts
Mon 23 Jan 2017
at 17:32
A New Beginning
Azailah nods and take another sip. I guess it's a job either way huh.