Like a House of Cards.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Azailah
 player, 140 posts
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 01:47
Like a House of Cards
There was a pang at her heart. Her dad? She chokes down her feelings and manages to say, weakly, "Where is he"
GM
 GM, 144 posts
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 00:35
Like a House of Cards
Currently he is located inside his downtown mansion. His personal security team has secured him in his safe room. We are going to reinforce them and secure the compound. A 3-D image popped up inside of everyone's heads up display showing the layout of the mansion and grounds. The safe room was located off of Azailah's father's bedroom and currently highlighted in red.

Princess you will be on point for this one. You know the grounds better than anyone. The sergeant turned and looked at her.

Use this time to flesh out what your compound looks like. And where people should move to.
Azailah
 player, 141 posts
Sat 18 Nov 2017
at 23:35
Like a House of Cards
The compound was C shaped. It had a large backyard with a pool. The mansion was too story and splitinto wings. Mr. Montague jept to the west wing. His room on the bottom floor and a safe room in the basement below, the entrance directly next to his room.

Azailiah paused trying to formulate her thoughts. "I...I don't know. What did he do? " She shook her head "The safe room is to the west, there is a basement door next to his room there. The back door from the pool is closest to his room...."
GM
 GM, 145 posts
Mon 20 Nov 2017
at 00:32
Like a House of Cards
The sergeant nodded his head, The recon team will take up posts on the roof. Support squad will secure the hallway outside of his room. The rest of us will get into the safe room and confirm that he is ok. Princess will lead us into the mansion proper.

As he spoke the map of the mansion changed showing where everyone would be located.
Azailah
 player, 142 posts
Mon 20 Nov 2017
at 01:46
Like a House of Cards
Everytime the name Princess came about, Azailah felt a twinge of anger. Princess? More like Queen. After all the trouble she had been in however, she decided pick her battle.

"There is an iron fenced perimeter around the back of my house...the compound. Also, once inside i will need to reset the alarm unless it has been turned off already."

Azailah fidgeted with her jade turtle belt. Why was this happening? Why would someone attempt to kidnap her father? What good would that do? She calmed her emotions and activated the magic within her belt, heightening her senses for battle.
GM
 GM, 146 posts
Mon 20 Nov 2017
at 02:21
Like a House of Cards
Bulldog nodded once. Soon after the vehicles were sliding to a stop in the driveway of Azailah's home. The teams disembarked going all their own ways with the main assault teams securing the perimeter.

The front door to the home was missing, seemingly blown off its hinges. Scattered around the entryway were broken shards of a once majestic door. Bullet holes lined the walls where long tracks of automatic fire had been laid down.

A crumpled body laid in the corner face down. Blood formed a pool around it making it seemingly float in the crimson liquid.
Azailah
 player, 143 posts
Mon 20 Nov 2017
at 03:14
Like a House of Cards
Azailah jumped back and forth from astral sight to physical, searching for her fathers familiar deep red aura. She felt her body begin to freeze as the scene from what could only be a nightmare laid out before her. Why attack here? This isn't a kidnapping, too much damage...

Azailah took point at the side of where the door should be, she had her pistol out and waited for the others to take position before she rounded the corner.
GM
 GM, 147 posts
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 21:08
Like a House of Cards
The others formed up behind her and moved into the house. One of them split off from the others to go turn over the body. As Azailah watched the face was revealed to be Douglas, one of her father's bodyguards. The side of his head was covered in blood from laying in the pool, and his pistol was still holstered.
Azailah
 player, 144 posts
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 21:36
Like a House of Cards
(Should i roll to keep composure?)

Azailah shook her head and shut her eyes tight for a moment trying to escape the thoughts flooding in. Was this a random attack on a random rich house? It was obviously a surprise...

She surveyed the foyer and rest of the entry way to see if anything else looked suspicious.

(Perception= 5 hits)
GM
 GM, 148 posts
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 21:52
Like a House of Cards
Looking closer at the body Azailah sees that the man died from 3 very precise shots to the chest. Looking closer at the bullet holes around the walls it became obvious that they were a distraction.

Whoever did this came in and very precisely shot the body guard. Then sprayed rounds into the walls to make it look...sloppier than it was.
Azailah
 player, 145 posts
Thu 23 Nov 2017
at 00:53
Like a House of Cards
Azaliah felt her breathing quicken, her eyes widen, her palms  get slick. She glances to the darkened hallway that lead to the back of the house. She signals for the team to take turns moving up, each covering the others back as they move towards the back room.
GM
 GM, 149 posts
Thu 23 Nov 2017
at 01:15
Like a House of Cards
The house is eerily quiet as they continued onward. Their footfalls muffled by the thick carpet and rugs. They passed two more bodies of her father's personal guards and one of the maids. All were taken down with precision without time for the victims to unholster their weapons or even to run.

Finally they came to the door to the saferoom. The only way to open it is from inside or with a code known only to the family. Outside the room the machine gunners pushed outwards to either end of the hall to cover their backs. The medics formed a semicircle around Azailah and the sergeant.

Azailah stood in front of two doors. The one on the left led to her father's bedroom. The one of the right was the saferoom door that was equipped with an intercom button to talk to people inside.
Azailah
 player, 146 posts
Thu 23 Nov 2017
at 01:32
Like a House of Cards
She breifly glances at teh Sergeant before whispering into the sub vocal mic. "We check the bedroom first. Watch this door to make sure no one comes out." She gulped hard. Going into her fathers room was something she had always done. She had free reign of the house and his room was no exception. She remembered watching movies and eating popcorn on his bed waiting for him to get home from work when she was younger. He was never mad, or at least didn't show it, for the crumbs in his sheets. Now Azailah was hesitant to open the door, for what she might find on the otehr side.

Slowly she turns the knob.
GM
 GM, 150 posts
Thu 23 Nov 2017
at 01:55
Like a House of Cards
The room is empty. A large opulent bed is torn in disarray but there are no bodies or obvious damage.
Azailah
 player, 147 posts
Thu 23 Nov 2017
at 02:30
Like a House of Cards
A sigh of relief escapes Azailahs lips. She motions to the safe room door. Ignoring the intercom she enters the code to enter.
GM
 GM, 151 posts
Thu 23 Nov 2017
at 02:36
Like a House of Cards
The door clicks and with a hiss of the released pressurized air slides open. She looks up to see her father's face. At first it is surprised but when he realizes it's Azailah he twists into a smile.

Azailah, baby girl, why did you come here? They're coming for me. He stood up to come towards her and that's when she heard it. A loud thud from down the hall. Azailah glances up to see that one of the trolls at the end of the hall had fallen down and was laying on the floor. Another thud from the other end signaled that the other Troll had fallen as well.

Roll initiative!!!
GM
 GM, 152 posts
Thu 23 Nov 2017
at 02:45
Like a House of Cards
Azailah's HUD lights up with two critical warnings about the trolls' vitals signs. Looking around she doesn't see anyone.

The Current situation. Your dad is in front of you. you are surrounded by the three medical people and the sergeant. The troll on either end of the hall are both dead and the dwarf on their team is back out in the APC.
Azailah
 player, 148 posts
Thu 23 Nov 2017
at 03:06
Like a House of Cards
"Lookouts! We've been hit!" Azailah yells, letting all secrecy go. Whoever these were they were professionals and they already knew her location. She turned to her Dad and began to cast a spell on him. She whispered to him, "Stay with me. I love you."

Improved Invisibility on the Dad
Force 6 with edge after
Hits 6
Drain resist 2
GM
 GM, 153 posts
Thu 23 Nov 2017
at 04:55
Like a House of Cards
Was not expecting that...

Azailah's dad disappears. Just as he does the Orc on the medic team goes down with a hole in his chest. Mickey goes flying through the air and slams against the wall down the hallway making a horrible cracking noise.

The Sergeant shouts out Mage! and flips down a visor on his helmet. Without missing a beat he begins shooting down the hallway. Blood spatters out of apparently nowhere.
Azailah
 player, 149 posts
Fri 24 Nov 2017
at 00:36
Like a House of Cards
Azailah watched as her father disappeared before her, then the body of Mickey hitting the wall. She actually liked that one...
At the shout of mage, Azailah will want to check astrally for auras but first she wants to protect her father more.

Azailah began to control her breathing, strong breath in the nose, strong breath out pursed lips. Her hands were clinched to one another before her, each index finger straight out. She began muttering to herself and as she did her hair began to ever so slightly move as if there was a gentle breeze near her. Her hands grew white from the pressure she was squeezing them. Time seemed to stop and it was nothing but her and a swirl of air around her. Her words came louder and louder while the breeze became a gust became a roar. At last Azailah's words cut through the howling wind.

"Upon the Wind i Call,
Home to Spirit of Air.
Come now to me,
Let no Enemy be Spared!"



Force 4, 5 hits, crit glich on spirit resist, drain resist. Owes 4 services.
(If its the creatures immediate turn i want it to cast concealment on the four remaining people, Azailah, Sergeant, Doc, and Mr. Montague. Concealment makes them mystically hidden and targets have to pass a perception subtracting the creatures magic (4) in die to see them.)
GM
 GM, 154 posts
Fri 24 Nov 2017
at 00:57
Like a House of Cards
The spirit appeared around Azailah. A whirling spiral of air with legs made of cyclone. It answered her unspoken command and all of the people that Azailah wanted to disappeared with a swirling cloud of wind surrounding them.

When Azailah looks down the hall with her astral perception she sees two figures. One is carrying an assault rifle trained on the group. The other had two empty hands that were quickly making intricate motions.

As she watches a fireball hurls from the mage's hands towards the group.

roll intuition plus reaction. you can also add on dodge but it'll reduce you in the initiative order
GM
 GM, 155 posts
Fri 24 Nov 2017
at 01:34
Like a House of Cards
Azailah manages to raise her hand casting a magical shield that helps her father and the sergeant. The sergeant steps back behind the door to the safe-room and only takes a glancing blow from the flames. Her father isn't as lucky. His unarmored body is blew back by the force of the explosion. He looks to be breathing but his clothing is catching fire as he cries out in pain.

However it leaves Doc exposed to the blast and he isn't able to get out of the way in time. The fire engulfs him completely and his screams are cut short. Another warning pops up alerting the team of the death of a team mate.

The sergeant returns fire down the hallway dropping the intruder with the assault rifle. WE NEED BACKUP. PRIORITY IS DOWN! he shouts into the interteam com system.

The mage drops his invisibility, intentionally or not it is hard to tell. He is wearing a sleek black set of armor that moves almost like cloth. His face is covered by a solid black mask.
GM
 GM, 156 posts
Fri 24 Nov 2017
at 01:46
Like a House of Cards
The wizard shouts out, Stand down child! We must kill your father! He has betrayed us! Azailah sees herself light up from the inside astrally as she feels an invasive magic try to overpower her. It nearly does but she manages to stay on her feet though she can tell she's in trouble as her insides burn as if she had swallowed a hot coal.

She hears a thump as the sergeant falls down behind the door he had been hiding behind. Another alert pops up in her HUD.
Azailah
 player, 150 posts
Fri 24 Nov 2017
at 02:07
Like a House of Cards
The usual pleasant tingle of pulsing magic through her body now felt like fire inside her bones. It constricted and burned as the invasive magic took hold. She remained on her feet but her body was broken. Her shoulders where hunched, head drooped, and her hands twisted as the magic fought within her. She glanced at the Sergeant, Bulldog, and listened to her fathers screams. One man hard and cold, the other warm and loving. Her body shook with rage.

"Stand down!? Yet you strike? The only betrayal is from you prick ass! DIE!" she screams as she reaches out her hands and forces her magic to work.

Also, if the spirit is still around i would like him to attack with "Engulf".

Powerbolt Force 5. Hits with edge, 5 . Drain of 1. (DMG at 10, Stun at 4 now. Edge at 2)
GM
 GM, 157 posts
Fri 24 Nov 2017
at 02:28
Like a House of Cards
Azailah feels herself making a connection with the other mage through her spell. She feels his flesh sizzling and burning from the inside. He takes a step backwards under the assault.

The spirit uses this moment to leap forward it's outstretched wind powered arms attempting to constrain the mage. Somehow the mage managed to roll out of the way in between Azailah and her spirit.

He comes up with a pistol drawn from his leg holster and fires it at Azailah. Three rounds came speeding towards Azailah. Two missed. One found its mark.

The last thing Azailah saw as she slid down the wall of the home she had grown up in was the intruder stepping over her body, and into the room where her father still screamed.