Hangar C/ The Dust Moth.   Posted by New Republic Command.Group: 0
Lyn'Nilim
 player, 25 posts
 Wounds: 13/13
 Strain: 0/14
Wed 6 Jul 2016
at 21:06
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
Joining in trying to look menacing - though clearly nowhere near the natural affinity for menace as that of Avax - she unslings her rifle and carries it across her chest, ready to fire if needed but it simply more being there to show off. More often than not, just showing you have a weapon is enough to deter a confrontation. Of course, if it came to a confrontation, she'd rather have the rifle at the ready..
New Republic Command
 GM, 26 posts
Thu 7 Jul 2016
at 22:26
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
as the loading ramp of the Dust Moth opens with an unhealthy CLUNK, a wave of rancid heat rolls over you. Eriadu City is very hot this time of year, and the current climate is a far cry from the sterile cold of the Moth's air-conditioned interior.

Droids, both of the astromech and heavy-lifting variety, are seen respectively scurrying and lumbering across the landing yard, which is currently filled to the brim with vessels. Before you can wander off, a slender, shy looking man in a far too loose imperial uniform, barely into his twenties quickly approuches you all.

"Ah, yes, um, Welcome to Eriadu City! I take it you are the Dust Moth band, yes? Y-you all are supposed to board a nearby tram to one of the outer slaveyards; your operation should be explained to you there. I'm terribly sorry for my rush but there are a great many more ships to process. Good Hunting!"

As quickly as he arrived, the young imperial departs, and a squad of Imperial Army soldiers, all bearing armbands with the Eriadu Authority emblem, approach you. An older man, maybe in his 40s or even 50s, takes off his helmet and adresses you.

"We're here as your escort. Nothing personal, its just slave riots have been breaking out, and escorting people from the starport is part of our daily rounds."

The man looks over at DD, and raises an eyebrow

"Though I will be honest, I really doubt you all need our escort. But orders are orders. Come with me please."

This message was last updated by the GM at 12:30, Fri 08 July 2016.

Lyn'Nilim
 player, 26 posts
 Wounds: 13/13
 Strain: 0/14
Fri 8 Jul 2016
at 07:03
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
Lyn keeps a good eye out on the environments, even as the heat overcame them. She wasn't unused to such heats, but the jacket was somewhat thick which did not help in this case. It hopefully would not effect her mission effectiveness though.

Any roll I can make to get a better idea of the place? Perhaps a perception to see any smaller things? Mostly thinking about the behaviour of the first officer greeting us.
Aayla Kor
 player, 19 posts
Fri 8 Jul 2016
at 12:17
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
Aayla turned to look back at Lyn, mouthing the words 'Dust Moths?' to her.  You'd have thought such important information such as a cover would have been included in their briefing. "Right, Sergeant? If you could just get us there in one piece and as quickly as possible, we'd appreciate it. Preferably in something with conditioned air, this heat is a terror on my sink." Aayla said, rolling with the new cover they'd been supplied.
Lyn'Nilim
 player, 27 posts
 Wounds: 13/13
 Strain: 0/14
Fri 8 Jul 2016
at 12:19
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
As Aayla mouths the words to her, she just gives an incredulous shrug. It was a strange thing to include as public knowledge - during the Rebellion days, a false set of cresidentials usually helped trick the Imps.
Pypha Nugb
 player, 19 posts
 W 12/12 ||| S 00/12
 High: He wishes
Sat 9 Jul 2016
at 15:08
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
After a few moments of walking, Choobie pipes up with a question.

"Hey, Sergeant."

A pause.

"Where are the slaves getting the firepower to riot in the first place?"
New Republic Command
 GM, 27 posts
Sat 9 Jul 2016
at 15:22
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
The sergeant nods. "I hear you, miss. Eriadu is a real scorcher this time of year. I don't envy the...."volunteers" working out in the fields. Anyway, come with us."

He turns to address the curiously dressed Sullustan. "Honestly? It's a bit above my pay-grade, though if i had to guess, I'd say a third party is supplying them to undermine us. Lots of brass are saying its Rebel stuff, but I wouldn't rule out the Black Sun neither; they lost a lot of good creds when Delvardus forced them out of the Sesswenna sector. Anyways, I'm not paid to speculate galactic politics. Come with me, please."

You are escorted to a train with many cars, every car emblazoned with the sigil of the Eriadu Authority. As you enter one of the cars, you are welcomed by a nice, cool breeze, a welcome indicator that the AC is fully functional.

You all take your seats, the Seargant and 4 other soldiers sitting with you, with the remaining 5 soldiers departing to another car.

For about half an hour, the ride is rather uneventful. Until....

THUMP...THUMP....THUMP

You hear a loud series of thumping sounds. They appear to be coming from one of the cars behind you.

"Don't worry, I doubt it's anything. These tram cars haven't been updated much since the Republic; they're bound to be a little rickety."

The thumping subsides, and you are greeted with the sounds of muffled screaming and blaster fire.
Avax Zzikq
 player, 19 posts
Sat 9 Jul 2016
at 15:28
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
"I'm not sure how rickety your tram cars are, but that's either a serious passenger complaint or a tram hijacking. Could you stop the car please? I'd like to examine the current security situation."
Pypha Nugb
 player, 20 posts
 W 12/12 ||| S 00/12
 High: He wishes
Sat 9 Jul 2016
at 20:06
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
Choobie readies his boomblaster, places the stock in his shoulder, and nods to the party.
Kaqui Tergo
 player, 7 posts
 WT: 0/10 ST: 0/12
 1/1 Defense
Mon 11 Jul 2016
at 14:27
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
Kaqui looks around for any computer terminals that might let her access cameras in other cars.
DD-01H
 player, 19 posts
 Beep boop, Meatbag.
 W 12/12 - S 00/11
Mon 11 Jul 2016
at 15:15
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
Despite the chatter and quickly arising sounds of explosive distress from further back in the tram, DD-01H remained passive as could be.  It just sat pleasantly where it had been the whole time, either blithely ignoring its surroundings or just not concerned enough to spin up at the moment.  Not that anyone could really expect anything from an astromech in a firefight, other than to just keep out of the way and not trip anyone.
Aayla Kor
 player, 20 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2016
at 15:29
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
Aayla jumped at the first 'Thud' it had been a little while since she had last heard that sound. Then she turned her head to examine the direction from where it had come and asked the DD, "Don't suppose you have a sensor suite inside that bucket?"
Avax Zzikq
 player, 20 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2016
at 15:49
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
The Verpine drew his blade. Examining it and frowning at a smear of grease.
DD-01H
 player, 20 posts
 Beep boop, Meatbag.
 W 12/12 - S 00/11
Mon 11 Jul 2016
at 16:03
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
Once given a direct bit of attention, the diminutive droid swiveled its modular head about in Aayla's direction with a chirpy, Binary reply.  It beeped and booped a few more times before switching over to Basic, then trying again.  "I am equipped with a General Purpose Scanner system.  I am capable of detecting, identifying, and tracking organic bio-signatures, heat fonts, radiation, acoustic emissions, physical motion, various metals, and standard frequency commlink transmissions, all within a varied range maxing out at several kilometers."

Apparently satisfied with that explanation, DD-01H returned to patient silence once more, content to wait for the tram to bring them to their destination.  However, as the noise kept on coming from further down the train cars, it looked back to Aayla again.  "Would you like me to make use of my systems to identify the source of the commotion?" it asked glibly.  Had it just thought that Aayla had been making small talk or something?  If its owner had only just installed social interaction protocols into it recently, they were clearly in need of calibration.
Aayla Kor
 player, 21 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2016
at 17:05
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
Aayla looked at the Droid incredulously, but the follow up reply made it clear he just wasn't any good at humanoid interactions.  "Yes, yes I would. Thank you... and inorm us about what you find, please? "
DD-01H
 player, 21 posts
 Beep boop, Meatbag.
 W 12/12 - S 00/11
Mon 11 Jul 2016
at 17:20
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
DD-01H gave a simple series of clicks and beeps in positive response to the request as it activated its scanner systems, skimming the world around it in all directions for a time.  Filtering out all the noise and interference while scanning on board a moving train wasn't easy, but it didn't seem as though the droid was particularly stressed out over timeliness at the moment.

GM: Is there a particular roll I should make in this case, or would it be easier for you to just use this as an opportunity for narration?
Lyn'Nilim
 player, 28 posts
 Wounds: 13/13
 Strain: 0/14
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 08:12
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
Lyn got up from her seat where she had reclined rather casually, having intended to lounge throughout the entire trip. Clearly, that would not be as easy as she expected. When the commotion started, she brandished her rifle, a quick extra check to make sure it was ready for combat.

"Easy now, we may not need to invovle ourselves into this. This isn't why we're here." she said, to keep up apperances.
Pypha Nugb
 player, 21 posts
 W 12/12 ||| S 00/12
 High: He wishes
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 14:49
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
"All do respect, but phassk that noise."

Choobie is shaking his head.

"I ain't gettin' splashed by no slave scum."

He pulls back the slide on his blaster to make sure the crystal compartment is clean.
New Republic Command
 GM, 32 posts
Mon 1 Aug 2016
at 01:44
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
the blaster fire picks up in volume before suddenly stopping. there is a few seconds of silence, before-

WHAM! WHAM! WHAM!

a trio of slamming sounds can be heard, clearly coming from the other side of the door. the cart door dents more and more with each hit, before flying off as an imperial soldier, noticeably missing his right arm, flies into your cart.

walking through the newly formed hole is a giant of a Barabel, holding a large vibro-sword in either hand, blood dripping from his heavy laminate armor.

You get the impression the blood isn't his.


The stranger looks everyone in the eye, before settling his gaze on Lyn'Nillim and flashing her an extra-toothy smile.


"Thisssss...charade issss over, Comrade. We may...dissssspossse of these Imperial whelps.

OOC: Roll initiative, friends!

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:15, Mon 01 Aug 2016.

Lyn'Nilim
 player, 31 posts
 Wounds: 13/13
 Strain: 0/14
Mon 1 Aug 2016
at 06:59
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
Lyn does look visibly confused. Charade? Was this supposed to be some undercover rebel? If so, he wasn't doing a very good job on the undercover part.

Rifle raised, at the ready.

I am guessing it's a Cool check for Initiative this time, as we were expecting an attack.

08:58, Today: Lyn'Nilim rolled 4 successes, 1 advantage using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 4A.  Initiative (Cool).

Avax Zzikq
 player, 22 posts
Mon 1 Aug 2016
at 09:55
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
The Verpine looked at the Barabel blankly. He wasn't sure exactly who was playing charades, but it did look like the killing theme had arrived in their carriage.

OOC:
10:53, Today: Avax Zzikq rolled 1 success, 1 advantage using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 2A ((6(A), 2(A))).

Pypha Nugb
 player, 22 posts
 W 12/12 ||| S 00/12
 High: He wishes
Mon 1 Aug 2016
at 20:02
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
"Ain't gettin' splashed by no damn crazy space lizard ..."

Choobie muttered as he frantically finished inspecting his blaster.

"That's for daaamn sure."


15:54, Today: Pypha Nugb rolled 1 success, 1 advantage using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 1A 1P ((7(A), 1(P))).

This message was last edited by the player at 21:45, Mon 01 Aug 2016.

Aayla Kor
 player, 24 posts
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 16:11
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
Aayla ducked behind the seat, drew her small blaster and waited.


12:10, Today: Aayla Kor rolled 4 successes using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 3A.  Init.
Kaqui Tergo
 player, 9 posts
 WT: 0/10 ST: 0/12
 1/1 Defense
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 19:26
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
Kaqui spots the Barabel charging in and fails to take any action before shouting starts.

Remember that stuff like pulling weapons is a manuever, and has to be done on your turn.

Also, GM, can you change the default roller to the EoTE roller? Thanks!



15:24, Today: Kaqui Tergo rolled no successes, 1 advantage using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 1a 1p ((5(A), 1(P))).

DD-01H
 player, 23 posts
 Beep boop, Meatbag.
 W 12/12 - S 00/11
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 21:34
Hangar C/ The Dust Moth
DD-01H continued to idly beep away as it went through its scanning protocols, all the way up until when the cabin door crumpled inward under such a great blow of force.  The Droid remained as passive as one could expect an astromech to be even as the dismembered, unfortunate Imperial fellow who'd been at the invading Barabel's less-than-pleasant whims tumbled to the floor just at its base.

"Scan complete!  I have located the source of the commotion.  You are welcome." DD-01H chirped in its usual less-than-helpful manner.  Without another word the Droid promptly spun up and made itself scarce, zipping off to set itself out of the way amid the train seats rather than in the middle of the fray.  It wasn't like it was combat-ready or anything, after all...

This message was last edited by the player at 21:35, Mon 08 Aug 2016.