The Station.   Posted by Relic GM.Group: 0
Relic GM
 GM, 566 posts
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 17:27
The Station
SD 53102.21, 1300 hours, February 6, 2376

The crew of the Thames arrives for the mission to scout the orbital station, now designated Dyson Alpha, or Station Alpha for short. Moments after they perform their pre-flight checks, a group of personnel in battledress appear and hail the Thames, "Dyson Rapid Reaction Team One, PO2c Patton commanding, requesting permission to board, Lieutenant."
Lt Zedrick Sloane
 player, 35 posts
 Centauran Lieutenant
 Flight Control
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 00:03
The Station
In reply to Relic GM (msg # 1):

"USS Thames here, Lt. Sloane, permission to come aboard." Sloane snaps his reply.
Relic GM
 GM, 568 posts
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 05:28
The Station
One by one, the RRT members enter through the forward portside door in the lower module. The first is a thirtyish blond Human male with a buzz-cut that would make a 20th century American Marine proud. "Patton, John Howard II, Petty Officer second class, Senior NCO, Rapid Reaction Team reporting for duty, sir! May I introduce my team—Thol, Servan,Crewman first class, of Tiburon, (Servan Thol is a fairly typical Tiburonian female of average height and build with the distinctive scalloped Tiburonian ears and hairless scalp) K'kat'k, K't'kal, Crewman first class, of Kaferia, our heavy weapons expert, (Crewman K'kat'k is a tall greenish coloured insectoid with faceted golden eyes.) Tova, Bertran, Crewman second class, our communications tech, (Tova is a short and slightly stocky man, with the characteristic black irises of the Betazoid and curly brown hair) Releth, S'kora, Crewman second class, of Efros, (S'kora is a gregarious and intensely curious man with coppery skin, smow white hair and eyes that look eerily like Argent's) and last but definitely not least, Sssskahll,  Crewman second class, of Cestus III, our medic." (Sssskahll is a massive Gorn who has to stoop to pass through the door)

Patton asks, "Is Lt. Swann present? I have something for her from the Commander," and holds out the TR-116 she'd replicated the day before. "Cdr. Samson's compliments, ma'am. Her analysis of the tricorder and transporter scans indicate that only a heavy disrupt setting will penetrate the... chamax's chitin, and she estimates that there is less chance of danger with a bullet. She does warn, though that if shot with a high-velocity projectile, there may be a splash of acid of unknown radius. Sssskahl has a canister of an anti-acid foam which should help in that eventuality. Each of our team in armed tith a type IIIa Compression Phaser Rifle and K't'kal has an Isomagnetic Disintegrator. Marissa had seen the weapon before but had never operated one.  Nivran eyes the Kaferian and Gorn, instinctively sizing them up.
Lt Marissa Swann
 Player, 71 posts
 Human/Klingon female
 Lt. USS Thames II
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 16:28
The Station
In reply to Relic GM (msg # 3):

Marissa stepped up, grinning at the PO, and took the rifle from him, shouldering it efficiently.
She then moved up to greet each of the team. "Thank you Petty Officer, spent some time myself as a Terran Marine, so I'm pretty comfortable with a gun in my hand.

Looks like you have a solid team here, and we shouldn't be needed to back you up, but I'll certainly step up should that prove incorrect."


Swann takes a moment to note each of the team, and either shake hands or nod in greeting.
Relic GM
 GM, 570 posts
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 21:32
The Station
Patton nods to Marissa in acknowledgement and proceeds to direct his team in stowing their equipment and check their suits for defects. Marissa recognises the focused intensity of their preparations in the face of what may be a conflict—both eager and apprehensive. Once their gear is stowed, PO Patton relaxes slightly and reports, "Lt. Swann, please inform Lt. Sloane that we are good to go."

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:19, Sun 13 Aug 2017.

Lt Zedrick Sloane
 player, 36 posts
 Centauran Lieutenant
 Flight Control
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 04:30
The Station
In reply to Relic GM (msg # 5):

"Lt. Swann, PO Patton.  Once ready you are free to sweep Dyson Alpha and confirm that it is clear. He acknowledges.

" As soon as it's clear we will send a team over to download its logs and data and get it back up and running."