Posted by God Lucan.Group: 0
God Lucan
 GM, 37 posts
 Newly Risen
 'Mad'
Fri 26 Aug 2016
at 17:03
<Act 1>
In reply to Mercy Graceless (msg # 125):

The smaller man shrinks, "Uhm, we're currently having a problem with that. Can you come back later? Right nows not the best time. We've lost 2 councilmen and our God tonight."

"It'd really be best if you leave, to be fair, miss Mercy." He looks at his feet, "I apologize for the inconvenience."

Roll me a diplomacy, if you care to press the matter.
Ava
 player, 39 posts
 Human Warlock 1
 Charlatan
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 17:23
<Act 1>
In reply to God Lucan (msg # 126):

by diplomacy do you mean charisma or persuasion?


God Lucan
 GM, 38 posts
 Newly Risen
 'Mad'
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 20:33
<Act 1>
In reply to Ava (msg # 127):


I mean as in any check you feel that has to do with charisma. Persuasion, intimidation, deception.
Mercy Graceless
 player, 11 posts
 Tiefling Urchin
 Paladin: 1
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 01:44
<Act 1>
"Please," Mercy starts, "I'm sure I don't have to tell you just how important this is. We're here on His behalf, by His request. He isn't lost, you must believe us."


13 + 4 = 17 total on that persuasion roll, sir
Ava
 player, 40 posts
 Human Warlock 1
 Charlatan
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 19:22
<Act 1>
In reply to Mercy Graceless (msg # 129):

Ava clenches her fist, "I'm sorry for your loss but, if it helps, I'm sure we would be greatly willing to prove our statement. Whether it be by merit or action we will do anything in our power to gain your trust on this behalf. If not that, please do inform us on what manner of actions we can take to do so."

She takes a deep breath and takes a step back into the rest of the group. Great going Avaleia, you've already broken one promise today.
God Lucan
 GM, 39 posts
 Newly Risen
 'Mad'
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 13:25
<Act 1>
In reply to Ava (msg # 130):

Seems the DM is a dummy and somehow didn't actually post the post he thought that he'd post.

"Well, I mean..." He sighs pretty heavily, "I can take you to them, the council I mean. I just don't really know how they'll take it.  How exactly do you mean that Lucan requested you?the councilmen left alive aren't the most easily convinced, they're... a bit... devoted."
Ellory Hyland
 player, 47 posts
 Wizard 1
 Forest Gnome - Sage
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 13:45
<Act 1>
In reply to God Lucan (msg # 131):

Ellory had never once gotten the impression that this would be easy. "Nothing worth proving true is easy," she tells the man, "If it was, none of this would have happened. Let us deal with the consequences of risking the ire of the council."
God Lucan
 GM, 40 posts
 Newly Risen
 'Mad'
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 16:00
<Act 1>
In reply to Ellory Hyland (msg # 132):

The man looked at Ellory and smiled, seemingly annoyed, but started down the steps toward the Gold and Purple robed figures.

"Follow me then, I wish you luck. May Lucan be with you."

He glanced over at Ava, "I don't really know what you can do to carry favor right now. To be honest with you miss. Things are a bit chaotic right now. I'm not sure why you came here of all places."
Ellory Hyland
 player, 48 posts
 Wizard 1
 Forest Gnome - Sage
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 16:05
<Act 1>
In reply to God Lucan (msg # 133):

Pretty sure we all follow. Ellory certainly does.
Surina
 player, 34 posts
 Monk
 Acolyte
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 16:06
<Act 1>
In reply to God Lucan (msg # 133):

"And with you." Surina said softly as the man began leading them. Indeed, as Ellory said, they could deal with the consequences as needed. For now they just needed to see what they could do.
Ava
 player, 41 posts
 Human Warlock 1
 Charlatan
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 18:16
<Act 1>
In reply to Surina (msg # 135):


"Perhaps it's because Lucan sent us," Ava murmurs in response. As they start heading closer to the belly of the demon she falls to the very back of the group and keeps her still yellow cat eyes trailed on the ground.
Mercy Graceless
 player, 12 posts
 Tiefling Urchin
 Paladin: 1
Sat 3 Sep 2016
at 06:39
<Act 1>
"Thank you," Mercy says, keeping in stride behind him, "This is much appreciated. We mean very literally that Lucan gave us a mission, and we intend to follow it through."
Ava
 player, 42 posts
 Human Warlock 1
 Charlatan
Mon 5 Sep 2016
at 14:36
<Act 1>
In reply to Mercy Graceless (msg # 137):

Are we just waiting for god to respond?
Mercy Graceless
 player, 13 posts
 Tiefling Urchin
 Paladin: 1
Wed 7 Sep 2016
at 14:57
<Act 1>
Presumably? That's what I'm waiting for, at least.
God Lucan
 GM, 41 posts
 Newly Risen
 'Mad'
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 00:00
<Act 1>
In reply to Mercy Graceless (msg # 139):

Pardon guys, I've been having some dilemmas on my end. Super bad.

The smaller man bows and gestures for you to follow him. As you do you descend the steps down the center of the small amphitheater, directly headed for the center stage.

Just before going up the center stage, the man raised his hand as a motion for you to stop. Without waiting for you to stop he moves up and throws himself before the more elegantly dressed figures.

You can now see that the trim of their robes has Lucan's symbol opulently embroidered along the whole of every edge. They are all of the same height, and have the same muscular build. You can pretty much see the rippling muscle underneath the dense fabric.

"Sirs!" the small man's voice shouts out, "These outsiders, and the paladin Graceless request a meeting. They say they have been given a mission from The Lord himself!"

At that, the whole of the crowd began murmuring excitedly, some of the members were almost jubilant until one of the more elegant robed trio raised a hand calling for silence.

The figure then unhoods themselves and you behold an elvish face. She looks tired, but there is a certain form of stern beauty coming from the bags underneath her eyes. "Children, you come to this council in a time of sorrow. Our Lord has destroyed his own temple, and two of our council of five are dead. What news do you carry? Why should we choose to believe you?"
Surina
 player, 36 posts
 Monk
 Acolyte
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 15:23
<Act 1>
In reply to God Lucan (msg # 140):

"So we have heard from those here. We were not aware upon initially coming here that such a tragedy had befallen you." Surina says, dipping her head respectfully to the elven woman. "Our deepest condolences for your loss."

"Lord Lucan has asked us to bring some order this world, and comrades he sent to us suggested this as a place to begin that quest. The only proof we have to offer is our words and the gifts he has bestowed upon us."

(Rolled 14+1=15 for Persuasion)
God Lucan
 GM, 43 posts
 Newly Risen
 'Mad'
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 22:57
<Act 1>
In reply to Surina (msg # 141):

"If Lucan sent you to us there is not need to worry then!" She smiles, appreciative of the fact that her lord still cared enough. It quickly fades and somberly she nods, "I do wish poor Arch-priests Logan and Tyr did not have to pass from this world so suddenly. Did the lord not see them come up the steps?"

The other two Arch-priests now remove their hoods, "Josephine, you can't be serious! These outsiders may woo you with words, but I do not believe that our lord would send this rabble to save us. No! He would have chosen the faithful! Some of those gathered here!"

The Arch-priest you now know as Josephine turns towards the newly unhooded figure. "Surely you can't be so blind as to not accept help from someone who claims to have spoken to the lord, Augustus? This world is new, and we can't leave this place yet! With so few people here in this world it makes sense that maybe someone we haven't met yet has spoken with the Lord!"

The one who spoke earlier, whom you now know as Augustus, scoffs. "Then show us these gifts, outsiders."

Alright, alrgiht. So here's the deal guys, I've been dealing with a few heavy bouts of depression and they got pretty bad for a bit. But now i'm doing slightly ok and can sort of function.

I'm gonna add this to the homebrew rules, but for here at least I'm not gonna describe the characters all too much without a Perception check. For something this mundane, I'll just need a five or better, but it's more flavour than you really need. I don't tend to hide campaign clues in a character's description. but it does help with immersion, I think.

Ellory Hyland
 player, 49 posts
 Wizard 1
 Forest Gnome - Sage
Thu 15 Sep 2016
at 17:17
<Act 1>
In reply to God Lucan (msg # 142):

Ellory clutches her bag tightly, and reluctantly pulls out her journal to show the two. Her grip on it is tight, and heaven help them in they try to take it from her.

Ellory will, in fact, Burning Hands the shit out of them if they try to take it from her. Just, fyi.
Jasper
 player, 18 posts
Fri 16 Sep 2016
at 13:24
<Act 1>
In reply to Ellory Hyland (msg # 143):

"I told you this was a bad idea." Jasper murmured feeling like all of his worries were now coming true. He was praying Josephine would be able to change the others' minds, but it seemed more convincing was necessary.
"I have this doll... thing." He said reaching into his pocket. He then screeched and made a face as he looked at the doll. "It's... It's MOVING! Why is it MOVING!?"
Surina
 player, 37 posts
 Monk
 Acolyte
Fri 16 Sep 2016
at 13:32
<Act 1>
In reply to Jasper (msg # 144):

Surina shook her head a bit at Jasper's own antics, but took out the gift she'd been given, briefly admiring the flawless portrait once more before holding it out for them to examine. A bit of mist curls from her nostrils as she warns them with her eyes that she will NOT be pleased if they try to take it from her.

(Much like Ellory, gonna ice breath if they do something stupid. Rolled a 9 to try and Intimidate.)
Ava
 player, 45 posts
 Human Warlock 1
 Charlatan
Sat 17 Sep 2016
at 03:07
<Act 1>
In reply to Surina (msg # 145):

Ava gently places her hand on Jasper's shoulder in a sign of comfort before pulling out the mirror Lucan gave her. She keeps her eyes glued to the floor but she holds out the mirror so they could look. She carefully angles it so it doesnt reflect her face but the person who would look at it opposite of her own figure. "If you ask I am sure we could and would gladly explain our gifts."
God Lucan
 GM, 45 posts
 Newly Risen
 'Mad'
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 00:43
<Act 1>
In reply to Ava (msg # 146):

ok ok, I see what I did. I typed something up. thought I friggen posted. nope!

JosepHine looked upon the items in awe, she could feel the radiant energy of her lord within them, considering Lucan had handed each gift with his own hand.

Augustus looked at each of the items but settled on Ellory's journal. "What is in that book? If it is a gospel you must give it to us! Lucan has not yet given us his word to recite. We only know the tenets. You must give us that book if it holds anything like that!" He looked at the book with nearly a bloodthirsty look about him.

The last man stepped forward and peeked at each item, he stepped over to Jasper and held out his hand to the open palm of the panicked rogue. The little creation jumped over and did a masterful acrobatic landing, and bowed to the newest Priest. "Why isn't this toy neat, and he looks so lively for a solid adamantine toy. I can't even see how he connects all his parts together."

JosepHine looked at Ava, "Please my dear! Enlighten us!"

someone roll charisma or a bluff.
Ellory Hyland
 player, 51 posts
 Wizard 1
 Forest Gnome - Sage
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 02:11
<Act 1>
In reply to God Lucan (msg # 147):

Ellory pulls the journal into her chest, wrapping both arms around it and glaring at Agustus, "It's a journal, to record our quest from Lucan."

Still prepared to burning hands this dude. Rolled 18 for charisma
Surina
 player, 39 posts
 Monk
 Acolyte
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 02:36
<Act 1>
In reply to Ellory Hyland (msg # 148):

Surina holds onto her own portrait, wary of the possibility of it being a damaged by careless hands. Being a god's gift it probably wasn't fragile, but she didn't want to take chances.

"I believe my painting may be used for scrying...that is how I felt upon receiving it at least. However, I have not yet had the chance to see if I am correct."

(8 for Charisma. Damn, Surina really is the Wheaton to Luisa as my Taliesin.)

Ava
 player, 47 posts
 Human Warlock 1
 Charlatan
Mon 3 Oct 2016
at 00:14
<Act 1>
In reply to Surina (msg # 149):

Ava looks suspiciously at the woman (13 for insight on Josephine). "I will show you what the mirror does if you so desire so long as you accept the consequences."