Posted by God Lucan.Group: 0
God Lucan
 GM, 4 posts
 Newly Risen
 'Mad'
Sun 31 Jul 2016
at 05:49
<Act 1>
You've been instructed to meet at the Tavern Allin, by someone. You're not quite sure how or why, but you recall there being an extra 5 Gold Pieces in your pocket and directions from where you were at the end of the work day to the Tavern now.

It's sundown, and people are starting to flow into the town. It's a mixture of people, every migrant race is here, and they're quite jovial. There's a range of workers from those who smell of the earth, to that scent of wood, to those who smell of leather, and those who smell of the salty brine.

The Tavern owner notices you, as if he were expecting you and points over to an empty table. It has a tiny placard which reads "Reserved for Party of seven." No other patrons go near it, wary of the placard, save for one. He's a grizzled looking man, obviously late in his years. He holds a flagon and has near him a large bottle of Honeyed Mead.

Welcome, Welcome! to this world that is mine. Sit down, order a drink, and introduce yourself.

This message was last updated by the GM at 23:41, Sun 07 Aug 2016.

Surina
 player, 1 post
 Monk
 Acolyte
Mon 1 Aug 2016
at 00:52
<Act 1>
In reply to God Lucan (msg # 1):

Surina could do little more than give a puzzled nod before going to sit, the letter clutched between her claws. The tall dragonborn certainly felt out of place in this town, moreso in the tavern. Heck, she had rarely even left the temple unless it was for a training exercise, or buying painting supplies with one of the other Dragonborn acolytes keeping an eye on her.

And then she'd gotten the letter. And the second she'd read it, she was here, with her meager belongings, a few gold pieces, and only the most basic directions to this tavern.

Yes, the young monk was entirely out of her element now. All she could think to do was take a seat at the table and wait for...whomever she was supposed to meet.
Ellory Hyland
 player, 1 post
 Forest Gnome
 Wizard - Sage
Wed 3 Aug 2016
at 01:04
<Act 1>
In reply to Surina (msg # 2):

Ellory is so excited. An adventure and a mystery all in one day! Her uncle would advise caution, so she leaves him a note on his desk. She'll be gone before he finds it in the morning, and hopefully he'll be too concerned with his work to come chasing after her. She packs her things and takes up the note with the directions on it.

The city is big, and she's a little gnome, but eventually she finds the right tavern. She pushes her way inside, using the end of her quarterstaff  to poke and nudge people out of the way so that she doesn't get trampled. She has to climb up on a stool to see the barman, and she notices the table as soon as it's pointed out. She thanks him and makes her way toward it, shielding the mug of ale she bought as she goes.

She thunks her mug down on the table and beams a bright smile at the two people sitting there already, "Hello!"

As silence falls over the table, Ellory begins to hum.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:06, Wed 03 Aug 2016.

Surina
 player, 2 posts
 Monk
 Acolyte
Wed 3 Aug 2016
at 01:37
<Act 1>
In reply to Ellory Hyland (msg # 3):

Surina looks over in surprise at the gnome. Good Bahumat, she's tiny. She hadn't even seen her until she was in the chair! Even so, if she was over here then she must have received the same strange letter, and she had to mind her manners anyway. Mother would've smacked her for her rude silence.

"Ah...good day to you." She greets politely, dipping her head slightly. Her voice is soft and rough, typical of a Dragonborn accent. "I am Surina...and you are? I assume we've received the same letter, then?"
Ellory Hyland
 player, 2 posts
 Forest Gnome
 Wizard - Sage
Wed 3 Aug 2016
at 02:24
<Act 1>
In reply to Surina (msg # 4):

"The one for the adventure?" Ellory does her very best not to stare. She's never met a dragonborn before, and she wonders if they're all so tall. "I most certainly did!" she beams a smile to what is apparently the first of her new companions. It will be very useful to have a Tall Person around, she suspects. For reaching the high shelves without a ladder. "I'm Ellory, Ellory Hyland."
Surina
 player, 3 posts
 Monk
 Acolyte
Wed 3 Aug 2016
at 02:45
<Act 1>
In reply to Ellory Hyland (msg # 5):

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Hyland. Or do you prefer Ellory?" Surina asked, tilting her head slightly and offering a large scaly hand to her much smaller companion. "Are you from around here? I'm afraid I'm...a bit foreign. To be honest I'm not entirely sure where 'here' is, beyond the name and directions I received in the letter." Anything she could get about her whereabouts would be helpful. Her family would likely have noticed her absence by now, after all.
Ellory Hyland
 player, 3 posts
 Forest Gnome
 Wizard - Sage
Wed 3 Aug 2016
at 03:32
<Act 1>
In reply to Surina (msg # 6):

"Ellory, please," Ellory smiles up at Surina.  "I am from the city. Well not originally, but I have lived here a long time. My Uncle is the Professor of the Library Arcanum."

Rolling a quick History check to see what Ellory knows about the area. Rolled 14+6=20

This message was last edited by the player at 03:53, Wed 03 Aug 2016.

God Lucan
 GM, 8 posts
 Newly Risen
 'Mad'
Thu 4 Aug 2016
at 03:15
<Act 1>
In reply to Ellory Hyland (msg # 7):

Due to your High roll you know almost all the important landmarks nearby. You're in the much exalted Belief District.

These are the businesses that first asked for help by the God Lucan. By petitioning to him first they helped establish the economy, and became almost like this world's upper class.

The businesses that Reside here are Tavern Allin, best ale and wines and mead in the world are served here, Armorgeddon the best place to find reasonable price armors(all emblazoned with Lucan's seal), The Weapons Cache (that held almost every imaginable weapon currently known to the world), Reparo Smith (where almost anything could be fixed via old fashioned metal work or magic), Cobbleton (best place to purchase boots they often were able to modify boots in some way), Goodfellows' General Goods(Where an adventurer could go broke!), and The Arcanum (the library from which Ellory gained most of her knowledge from). The other businesses here were varying, often having different food vendors occupy a space to get known for cooking or what have you.

Oftentimes if these businesses found your work to be great, they asked to sell them for you and gave you a pretty decent rate.

The only remaining building here was the Temple Spire. Lucan's perch above the city when he could be seen, which was rarely. Should anyone seek him they'd normally be summoned directly to the top via magic and hold audience with the Lonely God.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:14, Mon 08 Aug 2016.

Ellory Hyland
 player, 5 posts
 Forest Gnome
 Wizard 1 - Sage
Thu 4 Aug 2016
at 20:36
<Act 1>
In reply to God Lucan (msg # 8):

Nifty.

Ellory tells Surina a bit about the city. She's a little nervous, so maybe she babbles some.
Ava
 player, 2 posts
 Human Warlock 1
 Charlatan
Thu 4 Aug 2016
at 20:54
<Act 1>
In reply to Ellory Hyland (msg # 9):

Ready for slight arrogance? No? Well I am!

Ava strides into the Tavern, letter in hand. The barkeep points her out to the table where a gnome and dragonborn are sat, the small gnome babbling her ear off even from a distance. She tosses the letter onto the table, "Would I be correct in the assumption that one of you two know what in the bloody hell we are here for?"

She pulls out a chair and delicately sits on it, "Or would I be wrong in that assumption?"
Surina
 player, 5 posts
 Monk
 Acolyte
Thu 4 Aug 2016
at 22:48
<Act 1>
In reply to Ava (msg # 10):

Surina had been listening to the gnome with interest, but looked up at the entrance of the newcomer, regarding her coolly. Though she longed to snap and growl and make her see how downright RUDE she was...that would also be rude.

"While I believe we're here for the same reason, I for one don't know what that reason is. I am Surina. And you are?"
Ava
 player, 3 posts
 Human Warlock 1
 Charlatan
Thu 4 Aug 2016
at 23:19
<Act 1>
In reply to Surina (msg # 11):

She tilts her head to the side in slight amusement then a devious smile appears on her lips, "I'm Ava. The rest of my name doesn't pertain to the current situation nor do I care to tell you even if it did."
Ellory Hyland
 player, 6 posts
 Forest Gnome
 Wizard 1 - Sage
Thu 4 Aug 2016
at 23:37
<Act 1>
In reply to Ava (msg # 12):

Ellory stares, clutching at her giant (to her) mug of ale and frowning a little. Surina had been perfectly polite so far, listening to her natter on. She huffs quietly and smiles sweetly, "I'm Ellory! It's nice to meet you."

She twiddles her fingers against her mug and mumbles into it and a fine, braided beard appears on Ava's face. Manners matter.

One of my cantrips is Minor Illusion and I'm using it. ;P
Surina
 player, 7 posts
 Monk
 Acolyte
Fri 5 Aug 2016
at 00:59
<Act 1>
In reply to Ellory Hyland (msg # 13):

"That is fair." Surina has just finished saying that when suddenly Ava is sporting a beard that would make even a dwarf green with envy. At that sight, she is overcome by a sudden coughing fit as she tries to disguise her startled laughter.

"I, I'm sorry, I think my throat is a bit dry...I'll go get a drink. Can I get you anything as well, Miss Ava?"

(Well I rolled a 5 on Deception to try and hide my laughter, which is honestly probaby the more amusing result as it is :P Ellory, I laughed like an idiot after reading that.)
Mercy Graceless
 player, 1 post
 Female Tiefling
 Paladin: 1 | Urchin
Fri 5 Aug 2016
at 02:33
<Act 1>
The tip-tapping of cloven hooves and the slight jangle of chainmail announces the arrival of a mottled little tiefling with Lucan's symbol emblazoned proudly on her shield and armor. She approaches the table reserved for seven -- certainly meant for her and whoever else was summoned -- evidently a dragonborn, a gnome and a human thus far! Very exciting! She's sporting a wide, friendly, (though oftentimes taken as scary, all those pointy teeth) smile as she stands with admirable posture behind an empty chair.

"Well met! My name's Mercy Graceless, Paladin of Lucan. We've all been summoned here, haven't we?"

She offers a hand out to shake with whoever will offer theirs first. She wants her first impression to be perfect. This is clearly providence.

"That's a marvelous beard, ma'am!" She adds chipperly.
Ellory Hyland
 player, 8 posts
 Forest Gnome
 Wizard 1 - Sage
Fri 5 Aug 2016
at 03:39
<Act 1>
In reply to Mercy Graceless (msg # 15):

Ellory hides her giggle in her mug and throws a wink at Surina. Unashamed of herself as she hums and kicks her feet a little. "Hello Mercy! I'm Ellory Hyland!"

Yay for laughs!
Surina
 player, 9 posts
 Monk
 Acolyte
Fri 5 Aug 2016
at 04:40
<Act 1>
In reply to Mercy Graceless (msg # 15):

Surina attempts and fails to stifle another snort at the innocent remark to the oblivious warlock. Having stood up, she offers a paw to the newcomer.

"Surina." She said, aware of how many times she was introducing herself. "Admittedly a stranger to these parts, so I must admit I am unfamiliar with this god Lucan. I mean no offense through my ignorance." She said, dipping her head politely to the paladin--a worthy profession, she knew--while her own symbol of Bahamut dangled around her silver neck.

"I was just going to get some drinks for myself and Miss Ava. Shall I bring one to you as well?"
Ava
 player, 5 posts
 Human Warlock 1
 Charlatan
Fri 5 Aug 2016
at 14:53
<Act 1>
In reply to Surina (msg # 17):

I'm going to drop the yellow cat eye illusion on eyes, reverting them back to their normal pitch black appearance. Then I'm going to minor illusion small red horns comes out of Elliott's head and smoke coming out of her ears.

Ava waves her hand through the illusion on her chin and crosses her arms and waves her fingers towards Ellory. "We can do this all day luv."

She then turns her attention towards the dragon born, "If I may, can you please get me some water." She then examines her nails in faux boredom.
Ellory Hyland
 player, 9 posts
 Forest Gnome
 Wizard 1 - Sage
Fri 5 Aug 2016
at 15:02
<Act 1>
In reply to Ava (msg # 18):

Ellory laughs and nods, but doesn't cancel her illusion. It fades away on its own after a minute and there's no harm done, so she doesn't mind having the same prank played on herself. Maybe this Ava isn't so bad after all.
Ava
 player, 6 posts
 Human Warlock 1
 Charlatan
Fri 5 Aug 2016
at 15:15
<Act 1>
In reply to Ellory Hyland (msg # 19):

Ava drops the illusion on Ellory and picks back up the yellow cat eye illusion on her eyes.
God Lucan
 GM, 12 posts
 Newly Risen
 'Mad'
Sun 7 Aug 2016
at 23:49
<Act 1>
In reply to Ava (msg # 20):

The old Man nods at Surina "Another Bottle of Honeyed Mead. I'm almost through with this one" He says as he shakes the rather large bottle listlessly.

He eyes the group, and goes back to sipping on the remainder he has. "We're waiting for another 3 people, is what I've been told."
Surina
 player, 11 posts
 Monk
 Acolyte
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 03:08
<Act 1>
In reply to God Lucan (msg # 21):

"Another three, hm? Well, they'll have to buy their own drinks then." Surina says with a soft chuckle before turning and walking over to the bar, reaching for her pouch of gold as she does.

"How much for three honey meads and a water?" She asks the bartender politely.
God Lucan
 GM, 15 posts
 Newly Risen
 'Mad'
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 04:50
<Act 1>
In reply to Surina (msg # 22):

The bartender looks Surina up and down and says "A gold per bottle, 20 silvers per flagon, and Water is 5 silvers. You sure you want Honeyed Mead tho lass? Sweet as mead has a right to be, but it could knock you on that tail of yours. Why not try some of the Blood Wine? Bit more tart but less kick."

He pulls out the glasses and tankards and pauses, "Did you want them chilled as well? that'll be a gold piece more if yes."

He stares and waits for a reply from Surina, before the old man at the table yells, "Chill A bottle of the Honeyed mead! That one's mine!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:03, Mon 08 Aug 2016.

Surina
 player, 13 posts
 Monk
 Acolyte
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 12:57
<Act 1>
In reply to God Lucan (msg # 23):

"A fair point." Surina said with a soft chuckle. "Change one of those to a flagon of blood wine. One regular flagon of honey mead, and one chilled bottle of it." She began rummaging in her pouch for the proper change. Three gold pieces ought to be about right. She wasn't particularly used to taverns. Or their prices.
Jasper
 player, 2 posts
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 14:31
<Act 1>
In reply to Surina (msg # 24):

Jasper had come less of his own decision and more out of terror that this person would be true to their word on the threat. He'd walked into the tavern expecting, well certainly not what he received. It looked like a normal tavern, not one run in fear by some god. He gave a little snort and wondered if he'd let his fear run away with his imagination again.
After being pointed to the table the elf headed in that direction. As he got closer the scent of cheap colognes and perfumes would mix with the average smell of the tavern. Even if he didn't brag about his exploits his scent certainly told of his conquest. His eyes were locked on the table, a beautiful blue that seemed to sparkle with gold like stars in a night sky.
"Hello ladies." he greeted with a charming smile, putting some of his hair behind his pointed ear. "And.... good evening sir." he said, just realizing that there was another sitting at the table.