Day 4: Combing Quesqueton.   Posted by The Seer.Group: 0
Uthecar Hornskin II
 player, 356 posts
 Fighter
 HP: 16/20
Fri 17 Aug 2018
at 08:11
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Uthecar frowns, at Weasel's actions, not that the further creases are noticeable on his leathery face.  He opens the door and moves towards the Zombie's, not quite at a run, more like an enthusiastic power walk.  "Come to Uthecar and play chop, chop." he encourages them as he swings his axe.

20:05, Today: Uthecar Hornskin II rolled 10 to hit but needs a 12 unless the wonderous new dwarven shield he now holds does something marvellous. 
Bruno Rhunthane
 player, 275 posts
 Fighter and Cleric
 AllAtTheSameTime
Fri 17 Aug 2018
at 13:57
Re: Combing Quesqueton
OOC: I forgot which system I was rolling for, so my first roll with the d20 should b ignored -- mea culpa!


09:54, Today: Bruno Rhunthane rolled 3 using 1d6+1.  Initiative.


Bruno steps forward similarly to Kullonar with the silver hammer of Moradin, "Fear the Silver Hammer of Moradin, foul ones!"
Zan
 player, 263 posts
 Slight of Hand Mage
 Gray Elf AC:4 HP:11(19)
Fri 17 Aug 2018
at 23:50
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Knowing that his memoried spell will be of little help at the moment, Zan fired of several arrows before the melee started.


18:45, Today: Zan rolled 3,5,6,19,4 using d6+2,d20+4,1d6,d20+4,1d6.  arrows away.
The Seer
 GM, 680 posts
Sat 18 Aug 2018
at 01:13
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Bruno finds his faith shaken, as well, at the sight of the slow moving deaders.


Thus far:
Kullonar: Failed to turn
Uthecar: Missed attack
Bruno: Failed to turn
Zan: One arrow hits, another skitters down the hallway. You are shocked to see the deader fall, well, dead, an arrow stuck in its empty eye socket.
Weasel: One arrow hits a different zombie, another almost hits Uthecar, standing alone out in the hallway.

Waiting on Myrrick, Bruknar, Spirly and Widly. The two gnomes seem to be arguing.

As of right now: 4 zombies left, one of which is down -3HP

Bruknar Forgehammer
 NPC, 2 posts
Sat 18 Aug 2018
at 01:19
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Crying out, "Forgehammer!" the stout dwarf pushes his way out of the room and rushes the zombie nearest Uthecar. "A fine day for killing, brother!" he shouts.

Two handed, he hacks the deader with a ferocity born of fear and courage.

His first blow is blessed by Moradin (-6 damage to the lead zombie). The second, not so much.
Spirly Tinmeister
 NPC, 2 posts
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 00:15
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Spirly finally shakes his head grimly and leaves his kinsman behind. Exiting the room, he circles Uthecar and Bruknar, and attacks the flanking zombie. His first attack is wild, his second on the mark.

4 points of damage to the last zombie in line.
Myrrick
 player, 188 posts
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 16:17
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Myrrick leaps to action, seeing some of his friends falter, even briefly spurs him to action.

12:16, Today: Myrrick rolled 12 using 1d12+1.  hurt.

12:16, Today: Myrrick rolled 12 using 1d20+1.  hit.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:10, Sun 19 Aug 2018.

The Seer
 GM, 681 posts
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 18:26
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Myrrick heads out of the room. From a position behind the two dwarves, he spots up, takes aim and promptly skewers one of the middle zombies. The critter, it's magical bonds broken by the might of the halberd, disintegrates into dust.

ooc: to clarify, that last sentence was a bit of artistic license. Myrrick does not have a halberd of disintegration. Although that would be kind of neat.

Somehow the party managed to destroy two of the beasts. You also wounded two despite not having your best effort. Still, the zombies get their turn.

The zombies mindlessly shamble forward, their pace slow but implacable.

The first strikes at Uthecar and hits him for 6 points of damage

The next strikes at Bruknar - it is a terrible blow that staggers the doughty dwarf; critical hit for 12 points of damage. Despite his own issues, Uthecar cringes at the sound of breaking ribs.

For his part, Spirly barely dances out of harms way, ducking beneath the deader's punch just in time.

Party's actions: Whatcha gonna do?
Uthecar Hornskin II
 player, 357 posts
 Fighter
 HP: 16/20
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 18:48
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Uthecar rounds on the zombies, the fire starting in his belly as he gets into the swing of things with his axe.  With rising anger, he puts his full muscle power into each stroke looking to cut right through and finish each of the fetid rotting zombies.

The bonuses were applied a little incorrectly, only being added to the total, rather than each die roll.  The final results should read 21 and 15 to hit followed by 14 and 13 damage.

06:35, Today: Uthecar Hornskin II rolled 32,20 using 2d20+4,2d8+7 with rolls of 17,11,7,6.  to hit and damage Uthecar.
t
The Seer
 GM, 682 posts
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 19:01
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Uthecar goes manic. With two swings, he crushes two zombies.

Bruknar retreats, his breath coming in gasps, blood flecking his lips.

Spirly attacks again, this time drawing blood with his primary weapon (-3 to the zombie).

One zombie wounded and left standing.

Rest of your actions please...one good knock should take the last feller out.
Zan
 player, 264 posts
 Slight of Hand Mage
 Gray Elf AC:4 HP:11(19)
Mon 20 Aug 2018
at 03:27
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Zan will help grab Bruknar getting him out of harm's way, slashing with his sword to help keep the bad zombies away.


22:26, Today: Zan rolled 3,11,2 using d6+2,d20+1,1d8+1.  ls.
Kullonar
 player, 208 posts
 Half-Orc Cleric/Fighter
 Brother of the Cudgel
Tue 21 Aug 2018
at 04:03
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Kullonar grabs Bruknar from Zan and pulls the critically wounded dwarf toward the back of the melee. "Hold still for a minute. I have something for the pain."
Holy symbol still in hand, Kullonar calls for divine healing from St. Cuthbert.

00:02, Today: Kullonar rolled 4 using 1d8.  CLW.
Bruknar Forgehammer
 NPC, 3 posts
Tue 21 Aug 2018
at 19:14
Re: Combing Quesqueton
In reply to Kullonar (msg # 489):

Bruknar feels the sudden shock of bones knitting, blood vessels drawing back together as Kullonar lays on hands. He's still bruised, but the danger of lapsing into unconsciousness is staved off, and he nods at the unusual cleric his thanks.

"You're funny looking for a priest," he grunts. "Most of the ones I've met have beards."
Kullonar
 player, 209 posts
 Half-Orc Cleric/Fighter
 Brother of the Cudgel
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 02:03
Re: Combing Quesqueton
In reply to Bruknar Forgehammer (msg # 490):

Kullonar chuckles slightly. "I care not for a beard or such...it itches my face. Besides when I have tried to grow one, it is a scraggly mess of hair, and no one wants to see me in that...especially my mother."
He gives Bruknar a quick nod and helps the dwarf to his feet.
"Might want to take it easy for awhile; you were badly injured and I only helped a little."
Bruno Rhunthane
 player, 277 posts
 Fighter and Cleric
 AllAtTheSameTime
Thu 23 Aug 2018
at 20:13
Re: Combing Quesqueton
In reply to The Seer (msg # 487):

OCC: Sorry to have been absent for a bit longer than intended (wish it was because my vacation was extended, but it ain't)

16:07, Today: Bruno Rhunthane rolled 9 using 1d20+6.  Short Sword Attack.
16:11, Today: Bruno Rhunthane rolled 9 using 1d6+7.  Short Sword Damage.


Bruno's failed attempt to turn the undead creatures was at least mirrored by Kullonar, so that helped assuage some of the sense of failure.

He moves into the fight seeing Kullonar go to the aid of Bruknar slashing his blade as he goes.
Weasel
 player, 64 posts
 Hardbitten busboy by day
 Scared lad by night
Sat 25 Aug 2018
at 22:01
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Weasel sneaks out, circling around the last zombie to get in prime position to hit it. The critter's not quick enough to keep pace. Furthermore, there is a distinct, inky shade following the young thief around that shrouds him in a dark blur.

Just like that, Weasel plunges his blade into the zombie's back. Severed from the dark magics that created it, the zombie disintegrates into ash and dust.
The Seer
 GM, 683 posts
Sat 25 Aug 2018
at 22:02
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Weasel offers everyone a grin and a wink for a job well done.

"What's next?" he asks.
Zan
 player, 265 posts
 Slight of Hand Mage
 Gray Elf AC:4 HP:11(19)
Mon 27 Aug 2018
at 01:27
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Zan looked over to the new guys, "Is this what you have been running into down here?"
Bruno Rhunthane
 player, 278 posts
 Fighter and Cleric
 AllAtTheSameTime
Mon 27 Aug 2018
at 01:51
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Frustrated at multiple failures Bruno appreciates that he is with a hardy group who were more than able to take care of matters. And that is why one travels with a group after all... You'd be long dead if you were wandering down here alone you fool, put it aside, he warns himself.

"We move on in the direction we were heading,", he replies to Weasel as he moves back into his place in the marching order.

As he does so he nods a 'Good Question!' to Zan when he hears the Elf's question and turn expectantly to their new comrades.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:36, Mon 27 Aug 2018.

Uthecar Hornskin II
 player, 358 posts
 Fighter
 HP: 5/20
Mon 27 Aug 2018
at 02:55
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Uthecar was about to carry on, but paused.  The answer to Zan's question was important to hear, and he looked to the newcomers to see what was said.
Widly Himhammer
 NPC, 3 posts
Tue 28 Aug 2018
at 00:01
Re: Combing Quesqueton
"Aye," said the gnome spellflinger. "Some 'o those, some others that moved a lot faster, an' tore the flesh from the body of their victim. All the usual suspects down 'ere, as well: Trogs, Orc, goblins. Frankly, I'm one for headin' back to my glade - the sooner gone, the better I be."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:02, Tue 28 Aug 2018.

Spirly Tinmeister
 NPC, 3 posts
Tue 28 Aug 2018
at 00:11
Re: Combing Quesqueton
"Gah, Widly, a snivelin' fool, y'are," Spirly said, nearly spitting the words in the other gnome's direction. "If ye weren't hoardin' yer spells so tightly, we could've made a run at the ghouls that took two of our companions. The only good spell ye got off was at a friendly. Worthless y'are, an' I'm tellin' it straight. Begone and good riddance if yer ready to run. Won't miss ye a bit."

Widly looks for a long moment at Spirly, real anger in his eyes, but at last he said, "I'll not abandon ye, Spirly, for all your vehement hatred. We're kin, lest ye forget. Bloods thicker'n water."

So saying, the little fellow pushes forward to the second rank and says, "Let's get on, then."
Myrrick
 player, 189 posts
Tue 28 Aug 2018
at 02:05
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Myrrick shook his head at the infighting of the gnomes, but said nothing yet. It wasn't his place. Not yet anyway, if it continued, he would step in. "Let us see what other horrors this place holds then. Perhaps soem real treasure soon."
Uthecar Hornskin II
 player, 359 posts
 Fighter
 HP: 5/20
Tue 28 Aug 2018
at 02:28
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Uthecar took a different approach.  "You got more to say?" he asks Spirly.  He waits a moment to see if the gnome does say anything more, and if not he continues.

"Well then in spite of what you feel, shake his hand and look him in the eye as you tell him you have his back, live or die like he has told you.".
The Seer
 GM, 686 posts
Tue 4 Sep 2018
at 23:06
Re: Combing Quesqueton
Both gnomes spit on their hands grasp the other. Their expressions are stormy, but all who look note the resemblance. Pulling apart, they look around at the others, waiting for some marching orders.

End of thread.