Act II: Into The Knot.   Posted by DM Dread.Group: 0
DM Dread
 GM, 331 posts
 Storyteller
Thu 15 Jun 2017
at 13:31
Act II: Into The Knot
The door slowly opened. Warmth, Light, and a welcoming atmosphere with rich surrounds beckoned
Tiadora
 NPC, 2 posts
Thu 15 Jun 2017
at 13:33
Act II: Into The Knot
The same visitor Victor had stood looking over the group...

“Dearest, you took long enough,” she says pitilessly. “We were beginning to wonder if you’d ever make it. Oh, and you brought friends. The master commands all of  you to appear before him but before that, you must be made presentable. Slaves!” She claps her hands. A dozen young attractive men and women all wearing very traditional servant’s livery appear quickly, their heads bowed. “These people are our guests,” she commands imperiously. “See them to their rooms. I want them cleaned, dressed and refreshed. Quickly.” There is something in that last word that sounds like a threat. Certainly the slaves take it that way, hustling to perform their duties.
Lukasz Alazario
 Human Cleric, 46 posts
Thu 15 Jun 2017
at 13:46
Act II: Into The Knot
Almost caught up in the moment as Lukasz felt the inviting warmth pouring from the entry way, Lukasz simply follows the entrancing Tiadora's words as he steps into the manor house. However, he makes sure to stick closely with the other escapees.  While he was satisfied that the group had found the manor of their supposed patron, that didn't mean he would let his guard down quite yet.  Looking to the others gathered, he then turned to whoever was closest to him and mumbled, "Remember that we don't yet know what our patron wants from us. Be on your guard,"

Then, turning back to look at the Tiadora and the line-up of slaves presented, the former barrister stands a bit taller. Away from the cold stone of the prison and out of the murky wilderness of the swamp, Lukasz felt a bit more in his element as he says, "And I appreciate the opportunity to rest before meeting this master. I am sure that I speak for all of us when I say a bath and some fresh clothing would be much appreciated." Stepping forward to get a better look at the slaves gathered, he chooses one of the women, preferably one with delicate features. It had been some time since he enjoyed an educated woman's company. While these slaves were not likely to have someone like that among the ranks, he could at least find one who could look the part. His eyes landing on a dark haired, lighter skinned woman, he points to her and simple says, "You my dear...will work just fine. Please lead the way."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:31, Thu 15 June 2017.

Renard D'Vonis
 Human Arcanist, 190 posts
 Path of the Lich Wannabe
Thu 15 Jun 2017
at 14:26
Act II: Into The Knot
Renard gladly enters the warm and inviting manor. He doesn't think for one moment, though, that it's a friendly and cuddly warmth. No...it had more of the feeling of warmth that was all business. Warmth that was hedonistic and about power as much as pleasure. Cuddles with a twist. It was a feeling he hadn't experience since before the crown murdered his parents.

"Agreed. However, with that said they took an awful amount of trouble to get us here only to turn on us right now, so I think we have earned a reprieve. We just need to behave ourselves and see what they want. Of course they have an agenda, but technically so do we. Might as well accept their hospitality. I could use a bath, and then change into my new noble clothing...something more fitting for a man of my refinement." Renard replied to Lukasz, albeit with a tactful softness, so that Tiadora hopefully didn't hear.

He then walked over to Tiadora.

"A pleasure to meet you in person, Madam. I would take your hand and kiss it or something, but in this instance will refrain. I don't want to get swamp on you, madam. Although I did want to thank you for the veil you gave us - it did play a part in our escape plan. I will instead gladly accept your hospitality, and get this dreaded swamp off of me."
Maria Barca
 Dhampir Swashbuckler, 143 posts
 Panache 2/5
Thu 15 Jun 2017
at 23:13
Act II: Into The Knot
Maria felt her body ache, not from the fighting as no enemy had landed a blow on her, but from the exertion of the entire day, the fighting, running and more fighting. To top it all of she was feeling dirtier then when she was wearing the prison rags, something she had thought to be near impossible but it still happened.

When the door opened she shielded her eyes a bit as the light washed over her and then her stomach let out a complainant growl as she was feeling rather hungry. As Tiadora spoke Maria straightened herself up all the same, despite her aching body complaining against it Maria was determined to present herself with pride, even if she was absolutely filthy.

As the slaves where ordered to show Maria and her compatriots to their room she looked over them and pointed to two of female slaves, both fairly good looking "I'll take you two then to help me get the swamp of me.. As it frankly got everywhere.." She sounded and was visibly annoyed at the fact that the swamp had gotten absolutely everywhere.
Victor Brice
 Human Rogue, 153 posts
 Path of The Vampire
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 01:38
Act II: Into The Knot
leaning against the wall exhausted, Victor looks across the room at Tiadora. How's trix Babe. I hope the boss ain't mad, I brought a few friends along. Oh ya and I left a pretty big mess back at the prison. It seems there was an out break of fall over dead, as we were leaving.


After a pause he adds. By the way, I don't need no help washing my ass. just point me in the direction of clean water, soap, and clean cloths. I'll be ready to meet who ever pulls the strings around here, as fast as I can stumble away and clean up.


With that said Victor follows his traveling companions and the slaves to what he hopes will be a bath full of hot water.
Tomas Barca
 Human Fighter, 182 posts
 Path of The Lycan
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 01:56
Act II: Into The Knot
Tomas smirked at the commentary from his new companions. "I'm not sure you can make Victor here presentable, but it can't hurt to try." He gives the assassin a wink to let him know that he was joking. This was all the more ironic as Tomas realized very quickly that his own scent was the strongest of those present, with the exception maybe of Grumblejack.

Given what he remembered, he'd been returning to port when everything went blank, so before he even arrived in the prison, Tomas was ripe with his own special odor.

Tomas seemed lost in his own thoughts and his nose kept fidgeting as if it was familiarizing itself with the new house and the smells of each of those present.

"Yes, we all could use a bath or more. I'm ashamed to meet you, milady in this condition much less your master." Though he was a bit of a brute, he'd been brought up in the Barca household and that brought with it, it's own set of training, discipline, and most importantly, manners.
Grumblejack
 Ogre Bloodrager, 94 posts
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 02:42
Act II: Into The Knot
Grumblejack looks at the new morsels like he's going to eat them. As a matter of fact, he might be about to eat them.

"Hnh. Food, yes?"
Tiadora
 NPC, 3 posts
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 04:09
Act II: Into The Knot
The enchanting woman nodded to each as they entered saying Youll find clothing to your liking in your room. Food and drink will be brought to you. The Master will see all of you 2 hours from now. Go up the stairs . The wing to your left is yours. the wing to your right is for The White Ravens, another of the Masters Teams. The servants will bring me your old clothing and I shall see them burned. Then when she saw Grumblejack she scowled...her icy in control facade cracking ever so slightly...I see you found a servant to help already...very good. The Master will be pleased that you already recruit for the cause...

The she looks to Grumblejack What are you called creature? What manner of clothing or equoipment do you have need of and I will see to it you have it. this said as she eyed his tattered loincloth and spear. then she glanced at the others...which of you does the beast obey?
Renard D'Vonis
 Human Arcanist, 192 posts
 Path of the Lich Wannabe
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 05:22
Act II: Into The Knot
Renard grinned at her. He loved Tiadora's combination of beauty and icy arrogance. She was sort of like the cold version to his own warmth. Warm necromantic arrogance, mind you. But warmth none the less.

"Madam, that 'beast' as you call him is Grumblejack. I guess you could consider him a free-range ogre if you will. We made a mutual cooperation agreement with him when we escaped the prsion, when we noticed he was more...cognizant for lack of a better word than your standard ogres. Despite his appearance and choice of words, I assure you that more than once he has demonstrated sound judgement, self-restraint, and surprisingly lucid thinking and has quickly adapted to our little group's dynamic. We couldn't bring ourselves to turn on him, as he's acted in good faith up to this point. Especially when it came to skewering pesky guards. He's the most respectful ogre I've ever seen to be honest, yet still has all the brutality when it's needed."
Grumblejack
 Ogre Bloodrager, 95 posts
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 05:37
Act II: Into The Knot
Grumblejack's response to this veritable river of praise is "Hnh. Meat. Choppy things."

He may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he knows disdain when he sees it; he's been subjected to it throughout his experience with humanity, after all. This Tiadora woman's voice drips with it. However, she is nothing until the others say she is, and so he ignores her.
Maria Barca
 Dhampir Swashbuckler, 144 posts
 Panache 2/5
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 10:19
Act II: Into The Knot
Maria turned to Grumblejack and was silent for a moment as she made the mental note to see about learning Giant, in case that might be easier for Grumblejack to communicate with. With a shake of her head to clear her thoughts she spoke at Grumblejack and motioned out to the slaves "These people aren't food Grumblejack, but they will bring you meat or what ever you feel like eating if you tell them to, assuming it is kept here."
Ariq Dulaque
 Human Mesmerist, 80 posts
 Path of the Vampire
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 12:31
Act II: Into The Knot
Ariq let the guise of the cook fall off as he entered the manor.  He certainly did not want to be mistaken for a prisoner.  When he heard the news of food, new clothes, and a real opportunity to get clean, he was ecstatic.  "Pleased to meet you, and my thanks to you and your master for my freedom and for the chance to eat and get clean before the meeting."  He wasn't fully trusting, but whatever they wanted was likely better for him than death in a few more hours.
Tiadora
 NPC, 4 posts
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 12:53
Act II: Into The Knot
she seemed to be considering Renards words and looking at Grumblejack with fascination.

So youre saying he's a partner? and not a servant? or does he work for one of you for pay? Tiadora's voice was low and calculating, as she looked at them, almost as if she was carefully considering what her next action should be.

she looked at Maria as she spoke to Grumblejack reassuring the Ogre and said as if a part of the puzzle had fallen in place. so you speak for the Ogre. OK then

she walked over to Grumblejack and sniffed the air near him. Belladona. They must have been putting it in your food. she said to Grumblejack as she laid a hand on his chest. Youve felt weaker tha you once were yes?! she withdrew the hand suddenly, and with it a few hairs were plucked from their normal location. as she turned and headed towards a door to her left out of the entry hall saying over her shoulder Ill create a drink that will take care of that for you. I think the Master will want you in attendance too Grumblejack
Lukasz Alazario
 Human Cleric, 48 posts
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 13:08
Act II: Into The Knot
While Tiadora and Maria were discussing the ogre, Lukasz' mind thought on other things as the slave prepared the room he would be staying in. After the platinum-haired woman left, Lukasz turned his gaze to his fellow escapees as he stated, "Yes, seeing what I have of this place, either this Master either has resources or is very good at looking the part. So I am sure there a nice bloody cut of in-bone meat that could be provided for you Grumblejack. Now that my mind can focus away from escape however, outside of the growing hunger I am feeling, a few bits of information have piqued my interest. Namely that fact that whatever this Master needs us for is intricate enough to require teams, plural. If given enough time, I will see what information I can find out from these White Ravens. For now though, I, like many of you I imagine, am looking forward to bathing and dining on what is offered."
Renard D'Vonis
 Human Arcanist, 193 posts
 Path of the Lich Wannabe
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 14:22
Act II: Into The Knot
Renard shook his head.

"Grumblejack technically is his own person, although as a group we offer guidance for him as needed. Like I said before, he's a bit different from most ogres you hear about. He has a respectful side too, and believe it or not he isn't as stupid as he looks. I guess we figure if it isn't broke, don't fix it. And so far having him with us has surprisingly been a pleasure." Renard said.

Renard then gave her a polite nod.

"Madam...I will take my leave from you now. Again...I need to get the swamp washed off and all."

He quickly turned to Grumblejack.

"And Grumble? Please be nice to the woman there. And no hurting the slaves either - they're not enemies."

And with that, Renard beckoned a few slaves - he didn't actually mind if they were male or female - to him and instructed them to lead the way to the baths.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:33, Fri 16 June 2017.

DM Dread
 GM, 338 posts
 Storyteller
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 19:57
Act II: Into The Knot
The group heads up the stairs out of the entry hall that had 4 ways out. One to each side. Tiadora had left by the left door. And one went outside to the veranda. The other two towards the right and into the house.


Upstairs the stairs came out in a central room with 2 halls going left and right with doors along the hall and a door straight ahead.

As the group were lead to rooms to the left they could see several people standing to the right in pale white clothing watching...

Grumblejack filled the hall as he was leaf to a room with a larger entry than others...inside he found a large room with furs on the ground making a make shift bed. A large wash tub and two slaves .

A large set of clothing as well as a set of hide armour from a grizzly lay on the bed with a large crossbow and some large bolts. Additionally a large hand axe, large dagger, 3 large polearms for him to choose from. A halberd, a ranseur, and a voulge.

Finally a full kit for a barbarian lay on the floor...grumblejack had to wonder how that quickly they could respond.

On a low table was a glass of chilled water with a pitcher next to.it mostly filled and a steaming hot haunch if deer meat sat on a platter.


In each of the rooms exactly what you would want or need was present as well....
Lukasz Alazario
 Human Cleric, 50 posts
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 20:46
Act II: Into The Knot
Following the slave that was taking him to his room, Lukasz, assuming the other group was the White Ravens Tiadora mentioned, returned the gaze that the group in white levied on the escapees.  As he did so, he gave a respectful nod, but did his best to note what he could about each individual, approximate height and weight, gender and other general descriptions.

Arriving to his room, the furnishing caught him off guard for a moment, for it seemed almost like he was looking at his chambers back in Daveryn, that is, what was his chambers. He looked at the furnishings and resisted the urge to just collapse in the large bed positioned against the furthest wall.  Instead, stepping in and waiting for the slave to close the door, he took a closer look after ordering the slave to prepare a bath. The ash desk against another wall reminded him of where he had wrote the various articles under his pen name. The very same articles that caused him to end up in Branderscar.  For a moment, Lukasz' mind wandered to his 'dear' cousin Jaspar, the one who had betrayed Lukasz to the Knights, proof that blood did not hold true loyalty to blood. Best not cross paths with me again cousin, for I will no longer treat with you as family, Lukasz whispered to no one in particular, a fire flickering in his eyes of the briefest of moments. Before he could ponder that thought further, he suddenly found himself in front of the desk, standing over where the inkwell rested. There he noted that it sat on the left hand side, exactly like at his old family home. This caused Lukasz to wonder again just who this Master that Tiadora spoke of was to know so much about the former barrister's life. And what was his purpose of bringing such familiar sites to Lukasz's eyes so shortly after his escape.

Eyes then scanning the room again, they landed on the bed, where an outfit was laid out in the dark blues and greens that were his colors of choice. Next to that laid a scabbarded, thin bladed dagger that while simple, would serve for the purpose of his defense and other practices. Along with that dagger was a new mace, the weapon of his lord patron, and another chain shirt

The bath drawn, the slave then assisted Lukasz in stripping from the sullied uniform and filthy chain shirt before he stepped into the hot bathwater. He kept the silver medallion around his neck however. While the room felt familiar, the pentacle symbol was the only think that felt truly real at the moment. As the slave scrubbed the swampy filth from his body, Lukasz found himself dozing off once or twice, only to catch himself. Deciding it best to keep himself awake, he decided to make some conversation. "I am beginning to feel like my old self. Thank you. Now if you entertain as well as you clean, then we should get along amicably. What can you tell me about this place? How can this Master know so much about me?" Depending on how forthcoming the woman is, Lukasz will continue his questioning in a friendly manner.

After his bath, he emerged psuedo-refreshed and, doning the clothing, discovers that it is a perfect fit, a silk shirt in dark blue with an embroidered dark green vest.  Fine black boots that came up to his mid-calf and a fresh pouch of spell components hanging from a wide black belt. Spotting a bookshelf in the corner, he moved over, chewing on a bit of meat and cheese that was laid out on the desk for him as he bathed, to see several texts on one shelf and an odd assortment of items on another. Resting between 'The Relationship Between Crown and Faith: A Legal Treatise' and 'The Various Strategies of Legal Argument' he spotted a squat unlabeled text. Pulling it out and opening it, Lukasz smiled as he saw embossed on the front cover the title 'Asmodelfium Granphinumoi', roughly translated from Infernal as The Asmodean Monograph. The next shelf down holds a compact disguise kit and Lukasz smirks as he reflected on the many times he used disguising magic to pull off his last nom de plume. Though tired, Lukasz was clean, dressed, and comfortable with the familiar weight of the pentacle medallion around his neck and a dagger sheathed at his hip. So he told the slave, whose name he did not yet know, to show him where he was to meet this Master that he was scheduled to meet.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:45, Sat 17 June 2017.

Renard D'Vonis
 Human Arcanist, 196 posts
 Path of the Lich Wannabe
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 21:10
Act II: Into The Knot
Renard headed after "his" slaves, noticing Lukasz taking note of what Renard presumed were white Ravens. He himself took note of them, and made sure to give them a quick friendly wave of acknowledgement - Renard may love necromancy and enchantment spells and such, but he was noting if not a most affable necromancer.  But he didn't stop to tarry, instead desiring a bath.

Renard was firm with the slaves in getting his bath set up for him, but he was otherwise reasonable and friendly to them. He purposefully chose a male and a female slave among "his" retinue - he enjoyed receiving intimate attention from both sexes, and thought it would be fun to be bathed and served by both right now. He remained mostly gentlemanly though, just enjoying the littler blessings of life right now. Like washing out the swamp from his person.

He stripped in front of them - not uninhibited in the least. He gladly gave away his common clothes he was wearing from the prison (ooc: erased them from my sheet, and now in noble clothes), and let them prepare the bath. He asked for extra bubble bath soap, and also some cologne if some was available to perfume himself slightly with when he was done. He let the slaves take turns bathing him and doing miscellaneous tasks like regulating the water, removing dirty clothes, combing his hair, etc, but he didn't make them do anything inherently embarrassing or degrading beyond the intimacy that's involved in bathing someone. He was firm with his requests, but otherwise all smiles and gregariousness.

"You guys do your jobs well. Mind you, I'm sure your masters aren't always the types to be too coddling over disobedience and defiance, but still...there's something to be said of good work ethic and I think it is important to give credit where credit is due." he said, praising them.

"So, could you please tell me more about Tiadora and the master she serves? What are they like? And I am not here to rat you out or be a mole, and am giving you permission to speak freely in regards to my questions right now."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:12, Fri 16 June 2017.

Victor Brice
 Human Rogue, 154 posts
 Path of The Vampire
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 23:35
Act II: Into The Knot
Upon entering his room Victor strips, prepares a hot bath for himself and for a few minutes just soaks in the steaming water. As his muscles relax Victor scrubs himself clean, then after drying off. Begins to dress inspecting his gear as he does.

Every thing is perfect much better then he's use to having. From the black silk clothing, charcoal gray cloak, soft high black boots to the black finger-less gloves and black mask. All the clothing was top shelf and the equipment, was like a perfect winter solstices gift. Two full black leather belt pouches attached to a belt, a chest belt with six throwing dagger sheaths attached. and holding 6 ebony handled well balanced throwing daggers. A length of black silk rope, with a padded grapple, and resting under it all a black Lamellar Cuirass with a blood red hand embossed on the chest.Inside the pouches more goodies await, 3 flash & 3 smoke pellets rest in 1 pouch beside 6 caltrops, the other pouch was lined with padding and sectioned to hold 6 small potion bottles. a new black bow arrows and black handled rapier await his use.

After dressing Victor looks at himself in the full length mirror on the wall.Oh my! the Blod Hand is back let the games begin.

After eating his full, Victor rises and goes looking for the Lady of the house.