Return to Nightstone.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 332 posts
 Alpha
 Omega
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 09:17
Return to Nightstone
"One day in Waterdeep would be...fine however I must insist you descend an hour outside the city. Some of the members of Force Grey would take...exception to a cloud giant floating above their city."
Bran Hawthorne
 player, 279 posts
 Wood Elf Ranger
 AC: 15; HP: 34/36; PP: 15
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 15:59
Return to Nightstone
"A reasonable compromise," Bran concurred. "Well?" he said, turning to his fellows for consensus or at least general agreement.
Zekia'Daleia
 player, 166 posts
 Wood Elf Monk | HP:21/21
 AC: 15 PP: 14 INT: +3
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 16:04
Return to Nightstone
"I have no problem with this arrangement," Zekia said calmly.
River Augusto Romero
 player, 285 posts
 Half-Elf Bard | HP: 29/29
 AC: 15 | PP: 15 | INIT+4
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 16:09
Return to Nightstone
River nodded as well. "That is most gracious of you, Zephyros."
Tegan Adalondor
 player, 209 posts
 Half-Elf Paladin
 AC: 18; HP: 36/36; PP: 12
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 17:29
Return to Nightstone
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 108):

Tegan smiled wanly at Zephyros' comment about the Waterdehavian defense forces being alarmed at the sight of a giant floating tower appearing on the horizon with no advance notice.

"Aye, I daresay they would be. At least, if they are doing their jobs properly, they would be. Nightstone had no appropriate defensive measure in place for such an occurrence, and things did not go well for the town or the townsfolk."

"In short, I think that your suggestion is prudent, Master Wizard, and I have no objections."

Nor Zver
 player, 133 posts
 Half-Orc
 AC 14 | HP 37/37 | PP 11
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 21:12
Return to Nightstone
Nor simple shrugged his agreement, mostly indifferent to the situation.
Bran Hawthorne
 player, 280 posts
 Wood Elf Ranger
 AC: 15; HP: 34/36; PP: 15
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 01:12
Return to Nightstone
With most of the group having weighed in at this point, and only Berrick yet to speak, Bran cleared his throat. "I think we have a near consensus then. Would you be kind enough to lower the castle somewhat, Zephyros? That is an arduous climb to have to repeat again so soon."
River Augusto Romero
 player, 286 posts
 Half-Elf Bard | HP: 29/29
 AC: 15 | PP: 15 | INIT+4
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 06:10
Return to Nightstone
River perked up suddenly. "Unless you have magic we could use to get down! I want to jump."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 333 posts
 Alpha
 Omega
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 14:22
Return to Nightstone
Zephyors rose from his stone. The cloud began to float back upwards toward the hole in the ceiling.

"I will lower my tower. If you want to...jump you should do it soon...levatianom ago"

The last words he speaks are heavy with power as he points his staff at River. He then disappears into the second level.


The tower will begin to lower 30 seconds after he leaves. It lowers to a height of 200' above Nightstone.

River you are effected by the Fly spell.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:42, Sat 28 Jan 2017.

River Augusto Romero
 player, 287 posts
 Half-Elf Bard | HP: 29/29
 AC: 15 | PP: 15 | INIT+4
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 21:15
Return to Nightstone
Feeling suddenly lighter and less cumbersome, River grins and he turns, making a beeline towards the edge of the tower's cloud. Partway there he realizes why run when he can literally fly for now, and his feet leave the ground.
Tegan Adalondor
 player, 210 posts
 Half-Elf Paladin
 AC: 18; HP: 36/36; PP: 12
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 02:24
Return to Nightstone
In reply to River Augusto Romero (msg # 117):

Tegan shook his head when it became evident that River planned to rely upon the Cloud Giant's magicks to fly down to the ground. The paladin was reminded of his brother's enthusiastic announcement when faced with the chore of climbing up the long, steep flight of cloud-stairs: "Hurry, hurry! This is the stuff legends are made of!"

The main problem that I see with that line of thinking is that legends are most commonly told about dead people, Tegan thought wryly to himself.

"I'll see you on the ground, River," he remarked, with more than a little iron in his tone. "I don't want to look up into the sky and see you chasing after birds, or some other foolishness!"
Zekia'Daleia
 player, 167 posts
 Wood Elf Monk | HP:21/21
 AC: 15 PP: 14 INT: +3
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 02:43
Return to Nightstone
Zekia huffed in amusement (maybe?) and followed the others back out.

"Don't give him ideas," she said to Tegan as she started down the stairs again.
River Augusto Romero
 player, 288 posts
 Half-Elf Bard | HP: 29/29
 AC: 15 | PP: 15 | INIT+4
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 04:29
Return to Nightstone
River grinned as he sped along. With this gift, he was sure he could beat the others down.


(( OOC: River will use the flight speed to barrel down to town as fast as possible and tell Mordak and the others not to worry, filling them in on Zephyros. ))
Dungeon Master
 GM, 334 posts
 Alpha
 Omega
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 09:39
Return to Nightstone
The tower lowers until it hangs directly above the town square. This movement is initially met with screams of fright from villagers and shouts of alarm from the Zhent guards. River quickly zooms around reassuring everyone which at least stops the screaming. The companions can now traverse the stairs with relative ease.

You may take some time to prepare for your journey. You are informed by Xolkin that he and his men help the original guardsmen lay Lady Nandar to rest in the family crypt. They report the internment went smoothly.

Zephyors will allow you the use of the first floor of his tower while you travel. There are no formal accommodations but you can make cook fires outside on the 'cloud' and lay bedrolls or store any goods within the first floor.

Bran Hawthorne
 player, 281 posts
 Wood Elf Ranger
 AC: 15; HP: 34/36; PP: 15
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 20:59
Return to Nightstone
"I wish someone would have said this morning," Bran muttered once he was back on the ground and it became clear that his reason for suggesting their return had already been addressed. "At least we can make any final preparations we need. I have a couple of things to trade for at the outpost..."

Swapping heavy crossbow for longbow as discussed in PM.

I'll look over my sheet and see if there's anything else that can be sold, or needs purchasing.

Tegan Adalondor
 player, 212 posts
 Half-Elf Paladin
 AC: 18; HP: 36/36; PP: 12
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 21:49
Return to Nightstone
Tegan was more than a little surprised that the Zhents had apparently not roused the undead presence that he had been concerned about when they opened up the crypt for the interment of Lady Nandar's remains.

Out of curiosity, he went back to the spot where he had been when he previously sensed the presence of the undead and closed his eyes, concentrating upon using his power that allowed him to somehow feel the presence of such creatures.


OOC: Tegan will activate his Divine Sense power; three out of four uses remaining until refreshed after a long rest.
Tegan Adalondor
 player, 214 posts
 Half-Elf Paladin
 AC: 18; HP: 36/36; PP: 12
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 05:59
Return to Nightstone
Tegan opened his eyes after a short while, and looked a little surprised. He took a moment to consider, then pulled River and Bran over to the side, draping his arms around his two companions' shoulders. He spoke quietly to them, in tones that could not be overheard by anyone else.


PM
Nor Zver
 player, 135 posts
 Half-Orc
 AC 14 | HP 37/37 | PP 11
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 14:05
Return to Nightstone
Nor quickly descended the steps, letting gravity do most of the work, as he watched River with a bit of envy. When he found out that the whole reason they came back had been taken care of he looked back at the steps with repugnance. Removing his maul, he walked to the stairway and plopped down onto the ground beside it, waiting for the others before ascending once again.
Zekia'Daleia
 player, 168 posts
 Wood Elf Monk | HP:21/21
 AC: 15 PP: 14 INT: +3
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 01:29
Return to Nightstone
Zekia paid no one else any mind, just made a quick trip to the nearest supply store before returning. She did give Tegan and the other two a passing glance, arching her eyebrow, but moved past without trying to get close and returned to the stairs.
Bran Hawthorne
 player, 285 posts
 Wood Elf Ranger
 AC: 15; HP: 36/36; PP: 15
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 13:46
Return to Nightstone
The conclave broke up quickly and Bran set about his last minute preparations before joining Nor and Zekia at the base of the stairs.

"All ready?" he inquired as the last few stragglers finally joined them.
Tegan Adalondor
 player, 215 posts
 Half-Elf Paladin
 AC: 18; HP: 36/36; PP: 12
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 18:12
Return to Nightstone
"Ready," Tegan replied with a nod.
Nor Zver
 player, 136 posts
 Half-Orc
 AC 14 | HP 37/37 | PP 11
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 20:53
Return to Nightstone
Nor stood and hung the hammer over his back, "Yup."
Zekia'Daleia
 player, 169 posts
 Wood Elf Monk | HP:21/21
 AC: 15 PP: 14 INT: +3
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 03:38
Return to Nightstone
Zekia nods silently.
River Augusto Romero
 player, 291 posts
 Half-Elf Bard | HP: 29/29
 AC: 15 | PP: 15 | INIT+4
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 05:01
Return to Nightstone
River made sure to pay a visit to Thomas and Enryn, bidding them farewell and wishing them well since they seemed inclined to remain home.

Once that was done, he returned to the others, ready to leave.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 340 posts
 Alpha
 Omega
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 15:00
Return to Nightstone
The group says their goodbyes to the citizens of Nightstone. With aid, Berrick carefully loads the remains of the fallen dwarves into Zephyros's tower in simple pine boxes. The tower rises into the sky and begins to float north and west toward Waterdeep.


Move to new thread.