Core City.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 101 posts
Wed 8 Mar 2017
at 03:28
Core City
Django finds the crowd well enough, but there are officers everywhere.  A couple of them even look vaguely familiar.  It's as if the entire force in Core City has come out to hunt him.

[Roll Knowledge: Local - DC 18 to determine if Django can maneuver through the crowd and other officers well enough to not get spotted.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:28, Wed 08 Mar 2017.

Django Blint
 player, 238 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Sat 11 Mar 2017
at 11:41
Core City
Django begins to weave his way through the crowds of people.

06:30, Today: Django Blint rolled 14 using 1d20+6.  knowledge: local
Narrator
 GM, 102 posts
Sun 12 Mar 2017
at 04:15
Core City
Django makes his way three blocks before he rounds a corner and comes face to face with an officer.  The man recognizes the Marshall immediately and his eyes go wide.

[Reflex Save vs. DC 16 to act/speak first.]
Django Blint
 player, 239 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 17:37
Core City
Django takes 10 + 6 for reflex

"What're you starin' at rookie? Move it" he commands, with a hand on the pistol at his hip.

13:36, Today: Django Blint rolled 14 using 1d20+5.  intimidate check.
Officer
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 17:46
Core City
The officer stammers and apology and hurries on his way.  As he turns away, he speaks into a com system on his lapel.  Because of the ambient noise of the crowded area, Django cannot hear what he says.

[You have time to completely disengage and try to disappear into the crowd again, or you get one action to prevent him from actually saying anything important if you attack.  Either way, they are going to know your position roughly, but each choice has its pros and cons.  Of course you may have your own idea that I have not considered.]
Django Blint
 player, 240 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Wed 15 Mar 2017
at 02:48
Core City
And disengage Django does, making a more hastened walk away from the direction of the officers he's seen. He attempts again to blend in with the crowds, and to find a place to lay low. the lower and/or seedier, the better.
Narrator
 GM, 105 posts
Wed 15 Mar 2017
at 14:45
Core City
Django manages to dissolve into the crowd and fade into obscurity long enough to get away from the mass of police.  Ten minutes afterward, he finds himself on an empty street in the darker side of Core City.  There is a local dive three blocks away, a place where Django has met some more questionable contacts for his work in the past.  If he can get there, maybe he can get out of the city safely.

"Django Blint."  The voice comes from the shadows of an alley ten feet away.  The voice is low and soft, meant to let the Marshall know he's there, not to threaten.
Django Blint
 player, 241 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Wed 15 Mar 2017
at 14:48
Core City
Django continues walking in the direction of the voice. "Go on an' say the name now while ya can, I don't plan on bein' attached to it fer much longer".
Shadowy Voice
Wed 15 Mar 2017
at 14:51
Core City
"Stop.  I have a DL 94 extended barrel pointed at your chest.  You are a wanted man, Blint.  Warrant says dead or alive.  You're worth more alive, so don't make this hard on either of us."
Django Blint
 player, 242 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Wed 15 Mar 2017
at 17:01
Core City
Django stops and let's out a low whistle. "DL-94 eh? Tracker's gun. An' yer huntin' me? Tell me then. What am I werth? An' more importan'ly, what crock charges they put on me?".
Shadowy Voice
Wed 15 Mar 2017
at 17:26
Core City
"Drop your firearms, Django.  The GZ and the rifle.  You won't get close enough to use that sword."  The DL-94 appears from the shadows as evidence.  It does have the modified long barrel on it.  "The charge is espionage, conspiracy with a terrorist, and suspicion of insurrection against the Star God."

That he gives you the charges says that this man is honorable, at least to some extent.  That narrows down which Marshall this might be, if he's a Marshall.  If he's a bounty hunter, that's a different list.

[Roll Contacts to possibly determine who this person is and get a data dump that Django would know about that person.]

[Roll either Profession or Knowledge: Modern Weapons - Ranged to get more information about the DL-94.]
Django Blint
 player, 243 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Thu 16 Mar 2017
at 17:46
Core City
Django removes his GZ pistols slowly and lays them at his feet, and then his rifle. His DL-44 energy pistol sits tucked in a pocket on the inside of his duster coat. He slowly raises his hands slightly above chest level. "While I 'preciate you not killin' me right away, that also tells me you most likely got electro-stun rounds loaded, and you don't plan on killin' me no how. What makes you so sure I can't close that gap and leave you missin' yer trigger finger?". It's a weak attempt to try and psych out his opponent, and Django knows it. At this point Django is just trying to buy himself a few more moments to think.

13:43, Today: Django Blint rolled 11 using 1d20+5.  intimidate check
Shadowy Voice
Thu 16 Mar 2017
at 19:57
Core City
"Turn around.  On your knees.  No need to find out what kind of rounds I have in here."
Django Blint
 player, 244 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Thu 16 Mar 2017
at 21:27
Core City
Django starts to turn as instructed. "Alright, alright. You got me man. Mind if I at least have a smoke while you cuff me? It's gonna be a while before I get another chance at one".

17:16, Today: Django Blint rolled 19 using 1d20+4.  Diplomacy check
Shadowy Voice
Fri 17 Mar 2017
at 11:23
Core City
The voice pauses, then sighs heavily.  In that sigh and in the tone that follows there is something of respect for Django, a kindredness of a fellow marshall perhaps, but still not a voice Django can place.  "Alright, Blint.  I've got time.  No tricks, though."

A black-gloved hand extends out of the shadows, just to let Django know he's serious.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:20, Fri 17 Mar 2017.

Django Blint
 player, 245 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Fri 17 Mar 2017
at 16:38
Core City
Django slowly lowers a hand to retrieve his lighter and smokes. He lights his cigarette and goes to put his lighter back in his pocket. He places a hand in his duster's breast pocket, whips out his energy pistol, spins his upper body around and fires off a shot at his captor's gun. The shot misses the desired target by two feet. Django still kneeling, tenses up. "Aww damn..." he quietly mutters. The freshly lit smoke hangs loose on his lips.
Narrator
 GM, 106 posts
Fri 17 Mar 2017
at 16:57
Core City
A series of blue energy shots slam into Django as soon as the words are out of his mouth.  Everything goes black.
Some Time Later...
Mon 20 Mar 2017
at 19:05
Core City
Django stirs and his eye blink open.  As things come into focus he realizes he's back in his own place, which of course has been completely ransacked.  The date is barely two days after his foray into the sewers.  The time...too early in the morning.  The local star won't even have risen yet.
Django Blint
 player, 256 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Tue 21 Mar 2017
at 02:47
Core City
Django sits up and checks to ensure all of his belongings are with him, especially his energy pistol and data pad.
Narrator
 GM, 112 posts
Tue 21 Mar 2017
at 03:38
Core City
The equipment he had on him is in a bag near his bed.  It all checks out functional and undepleted.  In fact, a longer examination of the home indicates nothing was taken at all.
Django Blint
 player, 257 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 10:48
Core City
He continues his search around his apartment, looking for anything additional that wouldn't normally be there.

Search Check - Takes 20
Narrator
 GM, 113 posts
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 12:25
Core City
Other than the mess, the apartment is clean.
Django Blint
 player, 258 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Wed 22 Mar 2017
at 22:55
Core City
Django decides to try and find if his hover bike was impounded or not. He'll try to be low key on the streets, but he's keenly aware that he'll almost certainly be watched the entire time as well.
Narrator
 GM, 115 posts
Thu 23 Mar 2017
at 03:12
Core City
Django finds his hoverbike locked down in its usual place just outside his apartment.  It seems in working order.  Even that temperamental dampener seems to be malfunctioning the same.
Django Blint
 player, 259 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Fri 24 Mar 2017
at 01:02
Core City
Django gives his gear one final check, before saddling up to make the long trek to Ant Hill Ease. He plans to push on as far and fast as he can, to try and avoid any potential tails. He doesn't figure on having anymore business in Core City for now, on account of having the data requested, and since he doesn't know where the rest of the group will be at on their mission, he wants to be quick.