Coruscant.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Tump
 player, 519 posts
 Relic Hunter
Tue 8 May 2018
at 13:40
Coruscant
Tump's second round of attacks appear to have no effect on that biggest creature. He decides to switch his tactic and see if the smaller ones are more vulnerable.
B-Wing
 NPC, 17 posts
 Starfighter
Tue 8 May 2018
at 15:03
Coruscant
Despite the comm issues, Vyctor seems to have come to the same conclusion.  He swings around, avoiding a swipe from the larger monster and targets the one standing upright.  His shots are far more effective.  The laser blasts turn it around just in time for the heavier torpedoes to rip through the soft front side.  It explodes in a shower of blue gore across the snow.

Tump has slightly less success against the one with the long tail, but his torpedo gets in a good shot at the base of the tails and the rear of the monster is blown off.  It drags the rest around for a few minutes before succumbing.

The third beast rolls up into a ball like some kind of cingulata faster than seems possible and nothing penetrates its armor.

As the attacks continue, the large beast starts up the mountainside toward the smaller beast...and the ruins where Irin is parked in the Falcon.
Django Blint
 player, 519 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Fri 11 May 2018
at 12:29
Coruscant
Django surveys his situation, and then looks back at his 300lbs mechanical liability. "Grab on to my pack. I'll float us down. Don't have a clue if we can get back up but thay ain't the plan right now".

RX walks to the edge of the gap and looks down. "Captain Blint, by my calculations the bottom of this shaft is 200 feet. The chances of your antigravity harness failing to carry our combined weight is approximately 17.25 percent, causing your immanent death and my untimely demise. Do you wish to proceed?".

Django stares blankly at the droid. "RX.. shut up and grab my pack".

RX looks back down again at the hole, and back at Django. "Affirmative Captain. It is your funeral if the harness fai-"

"Can it".

RX complies and securely latches on the Django as he steps over the edge and activates the ant-grav harness. He will aim for the exposed room two levels down.
RX-79
 Droid, 8 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 17:06
Coruscant
The added weight drains the power of the harness rapidly.  About three meters above the target hallway and just out of reach of the wall for Django, the unit fails.  The gunslinger and the droid drop, only to brought up short just below the lip of the intended passage.  Django slams into the wall [8 DMG] and takes a moment to see through the stars and realize what has happened.

RX lifts him up to the ledge, his right hand gripping several centimeters into the permacrete.  "Please take the edge, Captain Blint.  My myomer fibers are strained to the point of dysfunction."
Django Blint
 player, 520 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Sat 12 May 2018
at 17:00
Coruscant
Django reaches up the best he can and grabs hold. He hoists himself up and gets back on his feet, and then turns back to help hoist RX up, though the droid does 90% of the work.

"Thanks" he says. "It is my prime directive to ensure Captain Blint does not come to harm". Django looks around the new area. "Well I outta keep ya busy then". He checks himself over. Nothing broken, Scrapes and bruises mostly, and a small cut on his chin.

He pulls out his 3rd, unused 6 shooter, and hands it to RX. "Think you can use that?" he asks. "Yes Captain, though my weapons and combat modules are basic and require instruction for me to properly utilize this tool effectively".

"I figured that much. If I say to kill something, you shoot at it. I don't need you to be as good as me.. yet. I just need the added slugs down range".

"Understood Captain. Is there anything currently you require me to kill?".

Django sighs and wipes blood from his chin. "I'll let you know.." he replies dryly.

He pulls out his lantern and ignites it,. Django then proceeds forward into what looks like it was once a black market of some type. Most everything is corroded or absolute junk at this point. Still, he pokes around looking for anything of interest.

Perception: Take 10 + 16 = 26 total

This message was last edited by the player at 17:51, Sat 12 May 2018.

Tump
 player, 520 posts
 Relic Hunter
Sat 12 May 2018
at 17:42
Coruscant
Seeing the new direction the large beast is taking, Tump veers back around. "Vyc, this thing is heading right for the Falcon. And Irin!"

The X-wing begins laying down fire to distract it and change its course.
B-Wing
 NPC, 18 posts
 Starfighter
Sat 12 May 2018
at 18:17
Coruscant
There is no comm from Vyctor as he swings around for another strafe against the smaller creatures.  However, instead of firing he pulls up and banks again.  This time heading up the mountain.

Current calculations put the smaller creatures up the mountain in 5 minutes.  The big one will join them a minute after.

Then, the small one with the armored back turns toward the Vent.  ETA 2 minutes.
Narrator
 GM, 230 posts
Sat 12 May 2018
at 18:25
Coruscant
Rummaging through the room, Django hears muffled lasers and explosions along with starfighter engines.  There is little in here of value, but there are three gems of use for RX.

-A retractable metal blade module of unknown metal has survived the centuries and looks in perfect order.
-An omnifit vocoder that would easily install in RD with the right tools.
-A workbench that looks clean, well kept, and recently used.

The evidence is all around that though most of this is clearly junk, the room is not as abandoned as it seemed at first.  Judging by the dust, might have been used two weeks ago.
Django Blint
 player, 521 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Sat 12 May 2018
at 23:35
Coruscant
Django stashes the two components in his pack. "Stay sharp, and don't fire unless I tell you if we see someone.. or something. That workbench is recently used. I doubt we'll be alone for much longer".

"Affirmative, Captain. I will "stay sharp"".

Django moves deeper to the other end of the space, looking for a doorway deeper into the complex.
Narrator
 GM, 231 posts
Sun 13 May 2018
at 00:21
Coruscant
There is indeed a door, but it is covered by at least a megagram of junk in front.  It does not look like anyone has used that door in ages.

Up above, there is a kind of continuous thunderous rumble.
Django Blint
 player, 522 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Thu 17 May 2018
at 00:34
Coruscant
Django swears and continues to search around for a different way out.
Narrator
 GM, 232 posts
Thu 17 May 2018
at 02:32
Coruscant
The only way out seems to be the way Django came in.  This would continue down the ramp further into the Vent (or back to the gash in the side).

The rumbling is intensifying.
Django Blint
 player, 523 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Thu 17 May 2018
at 02:47
Coruscant
Django motions for RX and heads down the ramp.
Narrator
 GM, 233 posts
Thu 17 May 2018
at 03:05
Coruscant
He makes it about thirty meters before the rumbling stops for a second.  The silence is followed a second later by an enormous crash that shakes the whole place.  [Roll Reflex DC 19 to stay standing.]  Glancing back, Django sees an enormous claw protruding into the Vent wall about twenty meters up the ramp.  A snout the size of the Falcon's front pylon's pokes in through the gash in the side of the Vent wall, sniffing around.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:07, Thu 17 May 2018.

Django Blint
 player, 524 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Thu 17 May 2018
at 10:21
Coruscant
Django easily maintains his footing, but RX's feet slip right out from under him. He hits the deck with a loud metallic clang and goes sliding down the ramp, with Django cursing and hurriedly scrambling after him.

06:16, Today: RX-79 rolled 4 using 1d20+3.  reflex save.

06:15, Today: Django Blint rolled 26 using 1d20+7.  reflex save.

Tump
 player, 521 posts
 Relic Hunter
Thu 17 May 2018
at 12:54
Coruscant
Tump loses sight of the armored creature in the vent. On a hunch, he decides to follow. He bears down on the creature, guns blazing, trying to get its attention off of Django. Aiming at various strategic points in an attempt to flip the monster over on its back.
Dillo Monster
Sat 19 May 2018
at 13:31
Coruscant
The creature in the Vent ignores Tump's paltry efforts and continues to claw its way into the ramp, seeking Django or whatever has drawn the monster after the gunslinger.

Down in the Vent, Tump can no longer see what is going on on the surface.
Django Blint
 player, 525 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Sat 19 May 2018
at 15:12
Coruscant
As Django reaches RX, he does his best to help the droid to his feet. Looking up, he sees the monstrosity above. He spurs his companion on and tries to descend deeper, looking for a space tight and narrow enough to hopefully slow his pursuer.
Narrator
 GM, 234 posts
Sun 20 May 2018
at 02:14
Coruscant
Another door opens to the right about 15 more meters down.  It does not look all that thick or secured.

Behind, the monster gouges the wall of the Vent out more trying to claw its way down.  It is within forty meters of Django and closing.  Django hears Tump blasting outside in his X-wing (though he isn't clear that's who it is), but its having no effect on the monster.

The ramp also continues down and around inside the wall of the Vent.  There is no visual of the Vent itself this far down since Django is actually inside the wall.
Django Blint
 player, 526 posts
 Human
 Gunslinger
Sun 20 May 2018
at 02:23
Coruscant
With weapons drawn, Django and RX speed along into the nearest open doorway, searching for ways to go deeper in and down.
Tump
 player, 522 posts
 Relic Hunter
Sun 20 May 2018
at 14:32
Coruscant
Tump circles back around in a second attempt to throw the armored creature off balance and distract it. He opens fire with all weapons and the creature loses its footing and begins to fall down the vent.

09:31, Today: Tump rolled 22 using 1d20+6.  Knowledge check.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:34, Sun 20 May 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 235 posts
Mon 21 May 2018
at 11:43
Coruscant
The creature's claws scrabble closer and closer to Django as he and RX race toward the next door.  Just before they get it open, a torpedo blast hammers the wall the monster clings to knocking it off its perch and down into the Vent out of sight.

RX has the door open, but the blast collapses the floor while shoving Django forward through the door (thankfully not backward out into the pit or he'd be falling down a hole again with no net to catch him this time).  Thus, Django and RX find themselves sliding down some kind of chute down and away from the Vent.  The switchbacks and curves are so often, the ride so long, it is difficult to tell just how far from the Vent and how far down he is when the trap finally spits him out.

Once Django sits up and has his bearings, he looks around to see an incredible sight.  All manner of strange creatures stand before him, some human but many not.  They are dressed in rags, covered in grime, and obviously frightened of Django.

No, not Django.  RX-79.

~~~~

Tump sees the monster fall, but the shaft is so deep, he cannot see what happens to it at the bottom.  Instead, he accelerates out of the Vent to help Vyctor and Irin.  As he rockets toward the ruins, he arrives just in time to see both monsters crash through the building, slashing through ancient stone like it was so much snow.  At one point, there is a thunderous explosion, followed by a second, smaller one.  The smaller creature is torn to shreds by the detonations, but the larger one looks merely annoyed.  It rears its head back and roars at the sky.

Those two explosions were large enough that they could only have been the two ships.  Tump can only hope that Vyctor and Irin made it out before the ships blew and are hiding.  His comms and scanners still aren't working properly.
Tump
 player, 523 posts
 Relic Hunter
Mon 21 May 2018
at 13:01
Coruscant
Tump circles around the ruins, trying to see through the smoke, what exactly might have happened and whether or not the Falcon and Vyc are still there.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:01, Mon 21 May 2018.

Terraladon
Mon 21 May 2018
at 14:29
Coruscant
As the X-wing approaches, the towering beast looks toward the ship.  Twin beams of lightning blue energy streak from its eyes.  Tump's reflexes save him from being blown out of the sky, but his shields are down and his craft his limited maneuverability.  About 60% of its systems are malfunctioning.  The hyperdrive is in the red.  There are also cracks in the canopy.

It is unlikely that the ship will make it back out of the atmosphere and it is unknown how long it can stay aloft.
Tump
 player, 524 posts
 Relic Hunter
Mon 21 May 2018
at 14:40
Coruscant
Tump quickly takes evasive maneuvers and looks like a place to crash land before the X-wing does it for him...