Feasts and Festivities.   Posted by Dr.Fate.Group: 0
Dr.Fate
 GM, 375 posts
 Fate is fair!
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 14:52
Re: Feasts and Festivities
Knowing how to read a crowd, the burgermeister allows the group to have their moment being toasted and cheered; but as the crowd starts to return to the party he steps forward.  "I am Dobbs Colton, Burgermeister of Abbytown." he said, though most in the room already knew this.

"As such, it falls to me to offer The Company of the Rusted Blade their first official request of the town.  The company will need a base of operations where you good townspeople may petition their aid.  But, as you are aware, we are filled nearly to bursting with refugees from the surrounding area.  Thus, we need to reclaim some farms from the wilds.  Will you brave adventurers begin to reclaim our homes from the evils that have plagued us?"
Boris
 player, 139 posts
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 15:48
Re: Feasts and Festivities
"Mr. Colton" Boris stumbled somewhat to the Burgermeister, his breath heavy with the fermentation of wine. "You see the thing about monsters, is." His train of though was lost as a commoner bumped into him, or maybe he had bumped into them, he wasn't sure. "...homes are good. I will help." Again he raised his empty glass. "To the Rusty Cup!" Boris slowly slumped to the ground, finding the sturdy arm of a chair to attempt hold his weight his body almost comically sank to the ground.
Aise Wytlambe
 player, 150 posts
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 18:19
Re: Feasts and Festivities
Aise smiled at Boris's antics. Drunkenness and revelry, at least, seemed to sit well with her. Having been raised in a tavern she was no stranger to it and she wasn't the least concerned. She does, however, flinch slightly, her eyes unfocusing for a moment before she scans the crowd to lock eyes with Xerra. She finds the other woman and nods deeply.

When Reo and Wren, and Reo's pet Ria, make their way over she has reason for pause. She hadn't expect recruits so quickly- she had a good feeling about them, though, a feeling similar to the others she had joined up with out of circumstance to head into the woods. She smiles brightly, her wine-colored eyes bright with warm light. "Glad to meet both of you, all three of you. Reo, Wen, I am Aise and I look forward to working with you." She shakes each of their hands, taking a moment to hold their gaze, looking for something and seeming to find it, her smile renewed each time.

She laughed as Torgard and Fiona came in with their usual exuberance. She took Torgard's hand and looked touched at his words, after being pulled into a tight hug from Fiona, of course. "Ah, I'm so glad you guys think it's a good idea, I knew that if even just you two joined I would be in good company. This is turning out better than I could have hoped, thank you so much."

She listened to the burgomeister's request, kneeling down to hear him a little better from her place still on the table. Her eyes once again looked far away as she carefully considered accepting the request. She looked to the others, to feel out their responses but in the end she nodded, "We will begin to reclaim the outlying areas," she says.
Dr.Fate
 GM, 377 posts
 Fate is fair!
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 19:08
Re: Feasts and Festivities
"Excellent!" said Dobbs having commissioned the company.  He waited for the crowd to die down before going up to the table and addressing the heroes.  "I've made you a quick map." he said handing a hand drawn crude map written on a parchment with a large "X" off of the main road about two miles down from Abbytown.  "The Dabble farm." he lowers his voice and says softly, "Should be a good place to start.  Ted Dabble didn't make it.  Killed in one of the early raids.  No claim on the house so we can use it as overflow for the refugees of Abbytown.  It's close and off of the main road so it should be safe to move folks out there.  We can afford to give your new found company 300gp for the use of the reclaimed building.  It will allow us to make some space for you within the walls." He looked at Boris and hesitated slightly, "...maybe tomorrow morning?"

"Gives you time to enjoy the feast and popularity!"

Boris
 player, 140 posts
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 19:40
Re: Feasts and Festivities
"A new Dawn! hiccup A new Light! a New Breeze, a new day for a new house. Sounds lovely." Boris smiles amiably. "What would be villains have taken the farm? I never like going into fight blind."
Aise Wytlambe
 player, 151 posts
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 19:46
Re: Feasts and Festivities
Aise smiles over at Boris as she takes the map, giving it a quick look before packing it away in a belt pouch. "Sure, we'll start in the morning. Thank you Mister Dobbs." She is curious as to the answer of Boris's question, however.
Reo
 player, 120 posts
 HP 14/21 | AC 15 | PP 14
 I'm here to help! #THP: 8
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 19:47
Re: Feasts and Festivities
"So long as your not hiding food." Reo responded to Fiona with a laugh. Ria was no pet, but there would be plenty of time later for better introductions. His smile was wide as he looked amongst the others. He had never really worked with allies, so this would be a new experience for them. "Pleasure to meet you Aise." He swept a small bow to her, breaking the eye contact with Aise on his side before nodding to the rest, happy smile still apparent. "And you others as well, though i didn't catch your names. We can share tales later though." He added nonchalantly, waving away such thoughts with his hand.

When Dobbs appeared, he raised a curious eyebrow as he moved near Ria. He had been chased a few times by official looking types, but they were always misunderstandings. Who leaves wanted food out in the open? Either way, he was sure they hadn't broken any people laws recently. Well, as far as these people were concerned. Still, he had handled a few maps once he got the concept of a birds eye view. Made it so much simpler to explain it to others.
Dr.Fate
 GM, 379 posts
 Fate is fair!
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 19:56
Re: Feasts and Festivities
Dobbs shook his head slightly to Boris, "No.  You misunderstand.  Nothing is in the house.  When the goblin raids and wolf attacks..." he paused looking at Ria and looked a little uncomfortable.  "uhhh... other attacks became a rising concern.  Many people simply took what they couldn't live without and abandoned their farms for the safety of the wall."

"Ted Dabble was killed by goblins, because he was too stubborn to leave.  I've never heard of goblins living in a home, so you shouldn't meet any resistance.  Just need to go there, clean it up a bit maybe re-hang a door and march back in triumphant.  It's a milk run.  Seriously, just pomp and circumstance for the townsfolk to feel safe about returning to their homes."

Boris
 player, 141 posts
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 20:22
Re: Feasts and Festivities
Boris blinked rapidly attempting to hold focus, suddenly seeing the sharp flash of red he turns to the young man with the wolf. "I swear son you could ride that beast!" He eyes the wolf and the young man suspiciously. "I am Boris, it is nice to see the yout.. hiccup ..youth wanting to help out their community. But alas child this may be a dangerous endeavor. How old are you?"
Reo
 player, 122 posts
 HP 21/21 | AC 15 | PP 14
 I'm here to help! #THP: 8
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 21:55
Re: Feasts and Festivities
Reo shrugs in regards to Dobb's unease about Ria, but kept his smile as he rubs her head. "If wolves attack it's because they were hungry and saw food, or something dangerous is trying to, or has successfully pushed them from their territory. They are trying to live, much like you and I." He said sagely, his expression going somber for a moment before returning to a smile. "If they are still around, the heroes and i should be able to find the problem, whether it be goblins or worse." He added whimsically.

Reo looked to Boris with a raised eyebrow. "Old enough to lead my own pack if i wanted to?" He asked with a tilt of his head. He wasn't sure what age had to do with it. The young often learn quickly and struck out on their own. "If your asking if i can handle danger," He added, his smile turning mischievous. He let his eyes flicker a ghostly green before blinking away the image. His smile turned sheepish as he realized what he might have almost caused. "Heh, well, not all battles are won by fighting?" He quoted questioningly.
Boris
 player, 143 posts
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 22:21
Re: Feasts and Festivities
"Aye, not all battles need blade or magic. Often <hiccup> a silvered tongue works wonders." Boris brushed his bushy and disheveled beard. "I certainly look the part of a wolf, and while we don't have much of a leader per say I could see myself joining a pack. Odder things have occurred after all."
Fiona Glintigar
 player, 96 posts
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 23:38
Re: Feasts and Festivities
Fiona turned from the introductions and general revelry to give the burgomeister a mock-curtsy and thank him for his map.  "So you need a band of well-armed heroes to reclaim an empty farm, under assurance the place is clear of danger.  Considering it's empty 'cos the former dweller got slaughtered by goblins, I think we'll go in ready for a fight, if it's all the same."  She flattened the map on the table with ring-encrusted hands, took a good look at it and said, "We'd be wise to sweep the area to make it safe before anybody moves to the farm, I'm thinkin'.  Dispense with the goblin menace, at the least."

The dwarfess then clapped Boris on the back and laughed, "You might consider quittin' while you're ahead, Boris my lad!  We're headed out bright and early, so best give yourself time to sleep it off."
Wen Iff
 player, 109 posts
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 00:29
Re: Feasts and Festivities
"Pleasure," Wen says to Aise as she introduces herself.  As Dobbs begins explaining the mission, Wen frowns.  Based upon Farmer Bill's desire to leave the valley, she doubted that there was any chance this was going to be as easy as the Dobbs suggested.  Wen scans the crowd for the Farmer.  Spotting him in the crowd, she turns to Reo.

"Solve things with your blue bird?" she asked.  "It's good to see you again."

Excusing herself, she gingerly steps down from table and heads over to the farmer.  "What isn't he telling us?" she asks.  "An abandoned farm with nothing there?  Maybe he'd send one or two out... but the entire group?  What's the gossip?"
Boris
 player, 144 posts
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 03:19
Re: Feasts and Festivities
In reply to Fiona Glintigar (msg # 44):

A low rumble can be heard from Boris as his head lolls from side to side, hanging by an apparent invisible thread. The sorcerer had found an empty seat near the party's table and made himself comfortable.

The rumble quickly rose into more of a loud snore as Boris' head jerks awake eyes wide with surprise.

"Apologies lass, a drink I have...not had in a while." his voice seemed rushed at the end. "I'll need to meditate tonight <hiccup>. But first I must see man about bear."

He looked toward Sergei, nodding politely to Mr. Cobb as he left the group and made his way to to his room. He waved politely to any townspeople, often slurring his goodbyes while accidentally taking an elongated and serpentine path to his ultimate destination, bed.
Reo
 player, 125 posts
 HP 21/21 | AC 15 | PP 14
 I'm here to help! #THP: 8
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 03:51
Re: Feasts and Festivities
Reo tilted his head again, confused by the sorcerer. "You.. want to join my pack?" He hadn't really thought about actually starting a pack. Not like he could start one. What, with the traveling he would be doing. Wolves don't really travel. Well, except Ria. But she was just following him. Much like a pack would...

He was snapped out of his thoughts, thankfully at Wen's question. "Hmm? Oh, yes! Everyone should be safe now." He said with a bright yet tired smile. "Though it has been a long day." He dropped off the table and looked for some unattended food from the feast. "You are coming right? We can trade tales later then." He added, grabbing some food for himself and Ria, somehow naturally not being noticed by the crowd as they enjoyed their festivities.

With food in tow, Reo gave a quick sharp whistle and moved down the hall, sniffing at the doorways while sharing the meal with Ria. After finding the smell of scrolls and herbs, he tried the door. Upon finding it locked though, he looked back towards the crowd only to frown upon having lost her. With a shrug, he made a mental note of the area before leaving the inn, returning through a window on the opposite side of the locked door. After cleaning themselves up a bit, he curled up with Ria in a corner, leaving the bed for Wen.
Torgard Stoneheart
 player, 82 posts
 The Most Violent Wizard
 AC:15 HP: 33/27 PP:14
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 15:04
Re: Feasts and Festivities
Torgard nods in agreeance with Fiona.  "Aye, those are my thoughts as well.  'Sides, I was lookin' forward to some good ol' fashioned gob mashin'!"

Considering Wen and Reo, he says to them, "We'll have ta do more personal introductions later.  On the way to the farm perhaps?  Regardless, it's good to see that there are more willing to help.  Welcome!"

Later on in the evening, as things quiet down, Torgard heads to his room.  He closes the door, does his alarm ritual, and falls asleep.
Dr.Fate
 GM, 385 posts
 Fate is fair!
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 15:33
Re: Feasts and Festivities
In reply to Wen Iff (msg # 45):

Farmer Bill took Wen somewhere quiet, even here he lowered his voice looking over his shoulder as he did so, "Dobb Colton," he said in hushed tones, "has always been a better Politian than a Burgomeister.  He managed to spin a rather unimpressive adventuring career to rise to the highest office in the valley."

"Most folk didn't mind, Dobb was good with people and with coin and we had Sir Denton to watch after our safety."

"What his motives I canno say.  It may be that he simply wants to showcase his new adventuring company with an easy win and ride the good will that comes of it.  Or..."
he looked around carefully and said in barely more than a whisper, "he may be less interested in people more popular in Abbytown than himself."
Wen Iff
 player, 110 posts
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 15:39
Re: Feasts and Festivities
"I see," Wen says softly.  "Not unusual.  He probably thinks a new protector might be on the rise.  Either way success or failure it's to his advantage.  Thank you."

Saying good evening to the farmer, Wen looks about the room.  The new group is intimidating to be sure, but they seem welcoming.  Far better than some stories told around the library tables.  She ponders introducing herself better, given her Reo-istic introduction she can imagine the confusion.  There would be confusion anyway, Wen muses.  As the heroes start departing to their rooms, she decides it would be better to wait until morning.  Getting some food, she looks for Reo but the boy is gone again.  Like the wind, that one. She chuckles at the thought.

Heading up to her room, Wen unlocks the door.  She pauses at the sight of the pile of boy and fur in the corner.  She looks at the key in her hand, at the pile, and at the window.  Walking to the window, she looks down and back at the boy.  "Remarkable" She whispers under her breath.  Takes a blanket from the bed, puts it over the pile.  Shushing Rea as she lifts her head, Wen will lock the door and head off to sleep.  Tomorrow will be an adventure. 

This message was last edited by the player at 15:41, Fri 06 Jan 2017.

Aise Wytlambe
 player, 158 posts
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 17:46
Re: Feasts and Festivities
Aise is too excited to sleep properly- it's okay, she is young and full of vigor, used to long nights and early mornings. She is feeling good enough, in fact, after a few mugs that she indeed does wind up dancing. No big production like she might have done when she was dancing for her dinner, but with enough wine she manages to enjoy herself.
Ran'al Flagg
 NPC, 1 post
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 17:56
Re: Feasts and Festivities
Part way through the night as Aise begins to dance, the mountain of a man sets aside his weapon and extends his hand to the Paladin, "May I have the pleasure, Miss Wytlambe?"
Aise Wytlambe
 player, 160 posts
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 19:25
Re: Feasts and Festivities
The overly formal request caught her off guard a bit and she pushed some vibrantly black hair out of her pale face, tucking it behind a heavily pierced ear. "Ah, sure. How are you, Ran'al?"
Ran'al Flagg
 NPC, 2 posts
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 19:35
Re: Feasts and Festivities
Ran'al smiled and pulled Aise gently, but with an unmistakable hint of strength into the dance.  He was not overly graceful, but he hardly tripped upon his feet.  Within a very short amount of time it was obvious he had put some time and effort into his dancing skills.  He was a large man, a hard man but polite.  He smiled at her question as he whirled her around the dance floor moving with practiced ease through the steps as he twirled and spun her until she was nearly breathless.  Easing her into a hammerlock position he was close enough to whisper in her ear, "I fear you have me at a disadvantage, Miss Wytlambe." He pulled her from hammerlock spinning her once and dipping her to the beat.  "You call me Ran'al, may I call you Aise?"
Aise Wytlambe
 player, 161 posts
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 20:00
Re: Feasts and Festivities
She didn't really enjoy formal dancing, or anything that could really be practiced. She didn't seem as effortless in the positioning even though she could adapt easily and the spinning presented no real problem for her. "Excuse me, Mister Flagg," she corrected herself, "I don't have a habit of being formal." Something about his insistence, the importance he held to using the casual name, made her want to withdraw permission to use it. It's how she was, especially when inebriated. "Quite a nice evening isn't it, Mister Flagg? I appreciate the help with the burgomeister. If the farmstead is as safe and effortlessly taken as he suggests I will be insisting that my Company choose its next task. I understand a certain amount of circumstance but I don't intend to be paraded, I intend to do the work." There was a bit of double meaning to be found in there.
Ran'al Flagg
 NPC, 3 posts
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 20:22
Re: Feasts and Festivities
He smiled he liked stubborn women and enjoyed the chase.  "No, Ran'al, please miss Wytlambe.  I said you had me at a disadvantage, not that I wished you to stop." He nodded slightly to the thanks, "You're important to Abbytown; thus important to me.  Dobbs is at times a stickler for the rules; I simply helped provide a little grease to the situation.  From what I've seen, I trust your judgement.  Take the jobs you wish if Dobbs seeks to railroad you, please let me know?"
Aise Wytlambe
 player, 164 posts
Sat 7 Jan 2017
at 15:34
Re: Feasts and Festivities
Aise stopped the dance and smiled slightly, "Thank you, I'll be sure to do that. You enjoy your night, Mister Flagg." She felt a bit bad, knowing that the weight of the way things are dictate that she should be attracted to this man but she couldn't muster it. It was the way she was, rarely doing what's expected of her.