Introductions.   Posted by Wiseman.Group: 0
Parvati
 player, 1 post
 and Rikki-tikki-tavi
 Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus
Mon 1 May 2017
at 02:42
Introductions
5'10", healthy and vibrant, Parvati stands out in a crowd with her dreadlocks and face tattoo. She wears all-natural fibers, currently dressed in cargo pants, an Earth-First t-shirt, long sleeved button-up shirt, and heavy workboots. Over that, she wears a home-made leather jacket. She carried a staff that had ivy wrapped around it and a pine cone at the end.She is constantly accompanied by her familiar, Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, a ferret who spends a great deal of time investigating her surroundings and chittering away when she finds something interesting.

"I'm Parvati," she said shortly. "Shaman on the Path to the Primal Wild and Adamantine Arrow. This is Rikki."
Qisma
 player, 1 post
 Nameless Acanthus
 H:7/7 W:4/4 M:10/10
Mon 1 May 2017
at 04:05
Introductions
The skinny Persian man had been standing against the wall near the door since he entered the room. He looked like he hadn't slept in days, with disheveled hair, at least a week of facial hair growth and smelled like coffee and cigarettes. He also had a deck of playing cards in his hand and had been doing elaborate trick shuffles as he waited.

Looking down his nose, just over his sunglasses, the man spoke with a very unexpected southern drawl, likely Texan. "Names' Qisma." with the accent it sounded a lot like he said 'kiss me' "Friends call me Q."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:09, Mon 22 May 2017.

Sojourn
 player, 2 posts
 Free Council Mastigos
 H:8/8 W:5/5 Mana:10/10
Thu 4 May 2017
at 01:44
Introductions
Sojourn took a seat along the side of the table. Leaning on his elbows, he piled some sunflower seeds into his mouth. Occasionally, he spit shells into a paper cup.

"Howdy. My name is Sojourn. Pleasure to meet you all." He stood long enough to offer handshakes to anyone willing before settling back into his seat.

A good look at him suggested a Latino man, maybe 40ish, with deep worry lines and a complexion that suggested lots of sun exposure. Age had thickened him a bit, and his round face looked serene, even kind. He was dressed in faded blue jeans, a loose cotton shirt, and an old windbreaker jacket. Only his hiking boots and messenger bag looked newer.

Spitting a few shells, he looked around at the assembled group, "Libertine psychonaut at your service. Anyone...happen to know why we are here?"

Should Rikki wander by, he offered the ferret a sunflower seed.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:42, Fri 05 May 2017.

Parvati
 player, 3 posts
 and Rikki-tikki-tavi
 Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus
Fri 5 May 2017
at 04:27
Introductions
Sensing food nearby, Rikki made his way across the table to Sojourn. He took the seed directly from Sojourn's hand, sniffed at it, then handed it back to him. With a tiny flourish, he raced back to Parvati, running up her arm and sitting on her shoulder.
Wiseman
 GM, 5 posts
 Storyteller
Sun 7 May 2017
at 20:13
Introductions
In reply to Parvati (msg # 5):

After the group had been left alone for several minutes, Soren walked in. The lawyer was infamous among the mages of the city. He had been a member of the Seers of the Throne for a time before abandoning them and seeking sanctuary with the Adamantine Arrow. There were also rumors that he had frequent dealings with vampires, though unlike the his past affiliation with the Seers that had not been openly acknowledged. At the moment, he was wearing a conservative suit, though his cuff links were four sets of interlocking arrows. The way his jacket moved on his left side showed that something somewhat bulky was concealed underneath, though if it was a gun the holster was unconventional.

"Good evening, I apologize for the delay. I had a meeting with client run late." he paused
for a brief moment looking over the group in front of him. Some of them definitely looked
out of place in a conservative law firm, but then they weren't exactly here for legal services. Besides, if looks could be deceiving when dealing with Sleepers, they meant absolutely nothing when dealing with the awakened.

"I've called you all here because I have come into a lead on a potent artifact, one that the Seers of the Throne desperately want. As is always the case with these kinds of leads, there is a possibility that the information may not be reliable, but we cannot risk this item falling into the hands of the Seers and if the information is accurate then it is likely the other magical items will also be stored with it."

He paused for a moment, looking everyone over, "There may be some danger in pursuing this item, and I am afraid that other business makes it impossible for me to go myself at the moment and we cannot afford to wait, since if I have gained this information, there is a good chance that the Seers have as well. The artifact we are looking for needs to be turned over to me as soon as it is retrieved. If there are any other magical items there, I trust you to divide them amoungst yourselves, though I may be willing an able to off an exchange if you find something interesting that does not suit you well." He paused there.
Sojourn
 player, 3 posts
 Free Council Mastigos
 H:8/8 W:5/5 Mana:10/10
Mon 8 May 2017
at 02:12
Introductions
Sojourn smiled and lifted his cup in greeting to Soren.

Beyond working on seeds, he sat impassively and listened. The end of the presentation was met with a nod.

"Okay, what is it and where is it?" came the quick reply. Sojourn seemed to trust this man.

He searched the gathered faces for their reactions.
Parvati
 player, 4 posts
 and Rikki-tikki-tavi
 Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus
Mon 8 May 2017
at 02:37
Introductions
Parvati nodded politely to Soren as he entered. If he thought that this was a big deal, she was in.

She nodded in agreement with Sojourn and waited to hear the details.
Qisma
 player, 4 posts
 Nameless Acanthus
 H:7/7 W:4/4 M:10/10
Mon 8 May 2017
at 12:49
Introductions
Qisma stopped his constant card shuffling to show Soren that he was paying attention to the details. It had been years since his last heist and he thought those days were over; but he owed this man more than he could probably ever pay back. Of course he would do as asked.

Looking around to the others gathered there; he was happy to see a few faces he recognized at least. "I'm all ears, boss."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:10, Mon 22 May 2017.

Wiseman
 GM, 7 posts
 Storyteller
Wed 10 May 2017
at 14:49
Introductions
In reply to Qisma (msg # 9):

"What we are looking for is the Star of Athichi. The legends around it is that it was created before the fall of Atlantis by one of the archmages that became an exarch. The book I found that information in was written long after the fall and my copy was many time removed from the original edition, so I would take all of that with some suspicion. Nonetheless, there are fairly reliable reports that it has appeared in the fallen world several times and that is has power to drain souls and turn them into mana." He paused.

"My paralegal, Skye, is a sleepwalker with occasionally...informative dreams and visions. She had a vision of this Star, or at least an artifact matching its description in a vault in a fortress. Her visions of the fortress itself were limited, but she saw writings on walls in what she believed was High Speech and she saw the symbol for the Adamantine Arrow. The fortress was displaced from mundane reality, but she saw an entrance available on the top of a red cliff.

We went over some satellite images and found a cliff in Red Rock down south that she believes may be it. It's a ways off the standard trails, but shouldn't be too hard to access. Her dream showed her the cliff at night under a moon high in the sky, though she has no idea if that is significant."

"Not all of her dreams are accurate, so its possible this is a wild goose chase. And if this truly is an abandoned fortress from near the time of the fall of Atlantis, it would be odd that an artifact that has made appearances in the fallen world would wind up there, and I would be very curious as to how. But her dreams are right often enough, and the stakes right now high enough, that it definitely needs to be explored and quickly."

He pressed a button and satellite images of Red Rock park came up with one of the taller hills circled in red. Then he paused again.
Qisma
 player, 5 posts
 Nameless Acanthus
 H:7/7 W:4/4 M:10/10
Wed 10 May 2017
at 16:23
Introductions
Q thought to himself about all of the dangers entering a Supernal fortress posed; then quickly flipped to the possibilities of artifacts and treasures. He smiled outwardly at that thought.

"What's our transpo situation like boss?" He had palled up with a dude in the 90's who could bounce them all over the globe with a simple thought. He wondered if any of the group did that kind of Magic.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:10, Mon 22 May 2017.

Parvati
 player, 5 posts
 and Rikki-tikki-tavi
 Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus
Wed 10 May 2017
at 19:11
Introductions
Parvati was immediately drawn into the mission. An item like that had to be kept from their many enemies- and perhaps even some of their friends. For once, she thought that the Mysterium might be the best place for it. Of course, Soren had probably already thought that through.

Parvati moved closer to the satellite image to get a better look at it. She and Ricki studied it carefully, noting possible approaches to the hill. "Do we have a closer image, sir?"

OOC: From her experience, does it look like we'll need climbing gear?

She had a few more questions and asked them, waiting for an answer in between.

"What exactly does the Star look like and how big is it?"
"What phase was the moon in?"
"Is the fortress at the base of the cliff, on top of it, or somewhere in the middle?"
"Did she see any landmarks?"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:47, Wed 10 May 2017.

Sojourn
 player, 5 posts
 Free Council Mastigos
 H:8/8 W:5/5 Mana:10/10
Thu 11 May 2017
at 02:01
Introductions
"Wild goose chase or not, I agree that someone needs to check a lead like this out." Sojourn set down his cup and wheeled closer to the image as well.

He surveyed the shots as Parvati asked her questions. Once she was satisfied, Sojourn leaned back and looked to Qisma.

"Assuming two things, I can bounce us there. One, the satellite images are fresh enough for effective Scrying," he said, holding up a finger. "Two, reality is stable enough to land anywhere near that hill."

"Atlantean areas have a reputation as being as stable as Atlantean mythology. That being not at all."

A smile slowly crept onto his face and he nodded.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:03, Thu 11 May 2017.

Wiseman
 GM, 8 posts
 Storyteller
Fri 12 May 2017
at 12:26
Introductions
In reply to Sojourn (msg # 13):

Soren looked over at Sojourn and Qisma. "Teleportation is always an option, but personally I would just drive. Red Rock is about an hour south of here. The hill is some walk away from the closest parking, but not so far as to be a problem. I would save the magic for when you get there. If this truly is ruins from the Atlantean period or shortly therafter, it is likely to have its own hazards."

Soren nodded, to Pavarati, and changed the slide on the powerpoint to show more detailed imagery of the hill itself. While definitely a hill rather than a mountain, it was one of the taller hills in that area and the top was relatively large and flat. It had few plants on it, though there was some desert scrub on the reddish soil. While the sides visible in the image were relatively steep, fit individuals would likely to be able to climb it without specialized gear if they were not carrying heavy loads. Climbing gear could be helpful for trying to move additional equipment or to allow a fit and experienced person to assist a less able individual.

"I have a scanned picture of a sketch someone did of the star when it made a previous appearance, though as always I can't say how accurate it is,"

Then he nodded to Skye. "Uhh..the star was black, and looked like it could fit on the head of a staff. It was maybe slightly bigger than an open hand. The moon was either full or nearly so. The entrance to the fortress that I saw was on the top of the cliff, near the edge, but the fortress itself was outside of normal space. Inside the fortress I saw an open area that I think was maybe meant for drills and training. I did't see any particular landmarks for the entrance other than surrounding red hills, the ones that made me think it was in red rock in the first place and on that hill in particular." She paused, smoothing out her skirt slightly, "Did I miss anything?"

While Skye was speaking, Soren changed slides again, to show a hand drawn sketch of a star with nine points. There was a socket on the bottom.
Parvati
 player, 6 posts
 and Rikki-tikki-tavi
 Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus
Mon 15 May 2017
at 00:53
Introductions
Parvati studied the more detailed map, making lists in her head of provisions and sneaking glances at her table-mates. Did they all look up to a tough hike? She and Rikki were good for it.

"We may only be able to enter at the near full moon- or maybe the star only appears then," she shrugged.

OOC: What phase are we in now?
Sojourn
 player, 6 posts
 Free Council Mastigos
 H:8/8 W:5/5 Mana:10/10
Mon 15 May 2017
at 02:05
Introductions
Sliding back to his original spot, Sojourn tapped his fingers rhythmically on the table. He stopped upon realizing the noise.

"That is some Indiana Jones-level stuff there. Thank you, Skye," he finally replied with a smile.

While no serious athlete, Sojourn looked like the hiking type once you ignored the belly.

He nodded to Parvati's suggestions, "Both good possibilities. Even out on that hill, assuming its been there a while, someone would have stumbled over the ruins or Star unless it had a Key."
Qisma
 player, 7 posts
 Nameless Acanthus
 H:7/7 W:4/4 M:10/10
Mon 15 May 2017
at 15:31
Introductions
The thought of climbing a mountain almost put a sour expression on Q's face, but he was a gifted bluffer and only kept a smile as he thought about the expedition. Sure he was athletic and actually quite graceful, but exerting himself, getting sweaty and tired just didn't appeal to him.

He looked up at Soren from behind his enchanted glasses, "Any other chatterboxes out there talking about getting the star? I'd hate to get there and find we had some competition get there first."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:11, Mon 22 May 2017.

Wiseman
 GM, 11 posts
 Storyteller
Sat 20 May 2017
at 18:17
Introductions
In reply to Qisma (msg # 17):

Soren shrugged slightly in response to Qisma's question. "Not that I have heard of, but the group I most fear getting to it is the Seers of the Throne, and they no longer talk to me." The fact he had been a member once was openly acknowledged, but he rarely spoke of his time with them, and never publicly. Rumors had indicated that the Obrimos' exit had been filled with fire and blood, though some cynical mages thought that might just have been way to help him gain his cover in the Arrow.

Skye answer Sojourn and Parvati, "Yes, it likely has some sort of key, though my vision provided no clues as to what it might be. As to the Moon, it is very possible the phase was significant, but I can't say if it was or just a background detail in my vision."

Soren looked around. "Are there any other questions?"
Parvati
 player, 7 posts
 and Rikki-tikki-tavi
 Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus
Sat 20 May 2017
at 19:43
Introductions
"No, sir." Parvati replied.

OOC: What phase is the moon in now?
Sojourn
 player, 7 posts
 Free Council Mastigos
 H:8/8 W:5/5 Mana:10/10
Sat 20 May 2017
at 20:21
Introductions
Sojourn shook his head, "Nope. See you on the flip side."
Wiseman
 GM, 14 posts
 Storyteller
Sat 20 May 2017
at 23:02
Introductions
In reply to Parvati (msg # 19):

The moon is currently waxing gibbous and will be full in three days and remain full for six to seven days.
Qisma
 player, 8 posts
 Nameless Acanthus
 7H:-B/-L/-A W:4/4 M:10/10
Mon 22 May 2017
at 15:16
Introductions
Q looks at the others and says, "I guess I'll rent a jeep and meet you guys outside the Ceasers in an hour?"

The cards he was flipping in his hand disappeared into his sleeve or a pocket, suddenly replaced by his phone. His thumb was busy, tapping away at probably ordering the jeep from a rental company.

He assumes they agree without even looking at them, instead giving a casual salute to Soren as he turned out the door.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:19, Mon 22 May 2017.

Parvati
 player, 11 posts
 and Rikki-tikki-tavi
 Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus
Mon 22 May 2017
at 20:57
Introductions
Parvati turned to Sojourn, "I know a place where we can pick up supplies. Want to give me a hand?"
Sojourn
 player, 12 posts
 Free Council Mastigos
 H:8/8 W:5/5 Mana:10/10
Mon 22 May 2017
at 23:38
Introductions
Sojourn nodded, "Love to. Let's kick ass and take names."

His sunflower seeds disappeared into a messenger bag as he shouldered it.

"This is going to be fun. Maybe dangerous. But fun."
Parvati
 player, 12 posts
 and Rikki-tikki-tavi
 Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus
Tue 23 May 2017
at 00:40
Introductions
"That's the best kind," Parvati grinned.

OOC: Should we fast-forward?
Wiseman
 GM, 15 posts
 Storyteller
Wed 24 May 2017
at 14:22
Introductions
In reply to Parvati (msg # 25):

OOC: The preparations thread is already up (and I saw your initial message in it) if you want to cast spells, gather supplies, etc. before heading out to Red Rock. I will be starting the thread in Red Rock in the next couple of days if no one does anything I'm not expecting.