Red Rock.   Posted by Wiseman.Group: 0
Wiseman
 GM, 43 posts
 Storyteller
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 13:31
Red Rock
In reply to Parvati (msg # 64):

[I hope no one minds that I'm taking a bit of liberty here to get things moving.]

The group moved forward towards the remnants of the stone building directly in front of them. As they approached, the first thing Quaestrix saw was what seemed to be a large entryway with wooden remains scattered that were likely chairs and small end tables. Immediately beyond that was a large area covered in a long decayed matt-like material. That large area was ringed by statues, most of them broken though a few remained intact.

There were other rooms, but many of them looked like twisting jumbles that wouldn't stay still long enough for Quaestrix's sight to focus on them. The constantly swirling colors were somewhat nauseating.
Quaestrix
 player, 15 posts
 Mysterium Mastigos
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 17:49
Red Rock
Quaestrix pauses and puts a hand to her head. "Ah. I think some of these are warded in some way; I can't get a good look at them."
Parvati
 player, 40 posts
 and Rikki-tikki-tavi
 Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 16:25
Red Rock
"Let's start with the open area. Maybe the statues will tell us more about this place," Parvati said.
Sojourn
 player, 36 posts
 Free Council Mastigos
 H:8/8 W:5/5 Mana:10/10
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 02:15
Red Rock
"I'll be damned. What will those alchemists think of next." He didn't seem to much know what this 'lurgent' was.

Sojourn moved along with others, more keeping lookout than examining the building. He perked up at the mention of wards, but kept his attention on his surroundings.

Still something about the statues was intriguing. He cocked his head to the side, trying to make out the form of a couple of the broken statues.

Then of course the sensory spell pulled his attention elsewhere and he poked at the decayed matting with his boot.

For some unknown reason he smiled.
Parvati
 player, 41 posts
 and Rikki-tikki-tavi
 Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 01:21
Red Rock
Parvati approached the open area to get a better look at the statues.
Wiseman
 GM, 44 posts
 Storyteller
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 11:48
Red Rock
In reply to Parvati (msg # 69):

The group entered the large open area. Sojourn smelled faintly of decayed straw. At one point, the floor was likely covered in something akin to tatmi or a straw based flooring, though it had long since been torn up and decayed.

The statutes depicted humans without visible sign of gender, clothing, or faces though it was unclear whether that was by design or whether time and weathering had worn away details that were once present to leave only androgynous outlines.

Nothing happened when they merely entered the edge of the room, but when Parvati moved slightly inward towards the center, one of the statutes began moving wordlessly to stand in front of her and took a ready stance...
Parvati
 player, 42 posts
 and Rikki-tikki-tavi
 Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus
Wed 27 Sep 2017
at 18:43
Red Rock
This was not good. Parvati hadn't really recovered from the earlier battle. Perhaps there was a choice to not fight.

"Hold," Parvati said, one hand held outward. "We mean you no harm."

OOC: I'm assuming they don't have weapons.
Sojourn
 player, 37 posts
 Free Council Mastigos
 H:8/8 W:5/5 Mana:10/10
Sat 30 Sep 2017
at 02:35
Red Rock
"Uh oh."

Sojourn too held up a hand. Now of course his other finger was on the trigger, but obviously it wasn't readied.

"We come in peace." He glanced between his companions. "Anyone know their native language? Whatever it is?"

On a hunch, he repeated the phrase in High Speech. Well, at best he could. It was a strange, piecemeal language, and honestly, he could have been insulting their cooking for all he knew.
Quaestrix
 player, 16 posts
 Mysterium Mastigos
Sat 30 Sep 2017
at 04:01
Red Rock
"Possibly; I know the fundamentals for a good number of languages. If it's High Speech, Latin, or Ancient Greek, definitely." Quaestrix bites her lip. "Though the last one's bloody hard to actually speak."

Taking a deep breath, she steps forward and tries, "Salvete."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:03, Sat 30 Sept 2017.

Wiseman
 GM, 45 posts
 Storyteller
Sun 1 Oct 2017
at 19:49
Red Rock
In reply to Quaestrix (msg # 73):

The golem turned its head slightly towards Sojourn when he spoke in High Speech, but did not seem to understand. It did not react at all to Parvati's or Sojourn's attempts in English.

Then Questrix spoke in Latin, and it replied promptly "Esne paratus est?"
Quaestrix
 player, 19 posts
 Mysterium Mastigos
Wed 4 Oct 2017
at 21:39
Red Rock
Quaestrix swallows rather heavily. "Cui?"


Cui: interrogative pronoun, singular dative neuter; "for what?"
Wiseman
 GM, 49 posts
 Storyteller
Wed 6 Dec 2017
at 04:48
Red Rock
In reply to Quaestrix (msg # 75):

"To train" it responded in Latin, stepping back into a balanced stance that looked similar to one used by Judoka.
Sojourn
 player, 39 posts
 Free Council Mastigos
 H:8/8 W:5/5 Mana:10/10
Wed 6 Dec 2017
at 19:33
Red Rock
Sojourn didn't move. Oh, besides returning his free hand to position, he held still. His eyes though...watched the statue (golem? robot?) thing and slowly scanned the room.

His face looked pensive. The thing didn't seem actively hostile, but he was obviously quite cautious.

For now though, he stole glances to Quaestrix and hoped she understood. And would fill them in on the situation.
Wiseman
 GM, 50 posts
 Storyteller
Thu 7 Dec 2017
at 14:51
Red Rock
In reply to Sojourn (msg # 77):

Sojourn scanned the room again. Nothing was moving at that moment, the ready statute remained in its stance, though it had the air of a crouching tiger waiting for the right moment to strike. The others remained stationary. Many of them appeared also ready to move forward under the right circumstances.
Parvati
 player, 45 posts
 and Rikki-tikki-tavi
 Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus
Sat 9 Dec 2017
at 17:42
Red Rock
As the giant statue moved into a fighting stance, Parvati shifted her weight and widened her stance slightly. It wasn't quite a fighting stance, but it was a good position from which to fight or move. She had no idea what the two were discussing, but to her it looked like the statue was challenging Quaestrix to a formal fight.
Wiseman
 GM, 51 posts
 Storyteller
Sun 10 Dec 2017
at 22:47
Red Rock
In reply to Parvati (msg # 79):

When Parvati shifted, one of the statues moved slightly, turning its head just a little to watch her more closely, but then it stopped once more.
Wiseman
 GM, 53 posts
 Storyteller
Tue 19 Dec 2017
at 03:11
Red Rock
In reply to Wiseman (msg # 80):

Although the statues watched, they remained still. Showing no sign of motion when not being interacted with.
Wiseman
 GM, 56 posts
 Storyteller
Sun 7 Jan 2018
at 23:14
Red Rock
In reply to Wiseman (msg # 81):

Questrix shifted as she conidered the situation. The statute seemed to either take that as an affirmation or decided it no longer cared. Either way, it moved with surprising speed for something that was made of stone, grabbed, her, and threw her. Unfortunately, she landed wrong, and it though it did not seem she was seriously hurt, she was knocked unconscious for the moment.

The statue then carried her out of the square as another statue stepped forward. This one looked around at the others. It said something in latin, then in High Speech it said, "Next?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:14, Mon 15 Jan 2018.

Parvati
 player, 47 posts
 and Rikki-tikki-tavi
 Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus
Mon 8 Jan 2018
at 07:48
Red Rock
OOC: Would Parvati identify the statues as Life, matter, or spirit?
Sojourn
 player, 41 posts
 Free Council Mastigos
 H:8/8 W:5/5 Mana:10/10
Sun 14 Jan 2018
at 16:59
Red Rock
To say the statue took Sojourn by surprise would be an understatement. Amazing how often normal physical principles didn't seem to apply to magical objects. In any case, the Mastigos barely had time to flinch before Quaestrix was airborne. And just enough time to grimace when she landed.

As was already quite plain, he was no medic. Still as soon as the statue set her down, he shook her, trying to wake her, and checked her breathing.

"I think she's ok. I think, yeah." He nodded and looked up at Parvati.

"This is a gym isn't it? If they wanted us dead we'd be dead."
Parvati
 player, 48 posts
 and Rikki-tikki-tavi
 Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 00:22
Red Rock
Keeping one eye on the statues, Parvati quickly made her way to Quaestrix. She expertly checked the young woman for broken bones and obvious signs of bleeding, then paused to concentrate on the life energy flowing through her body.

OOC: Analyze Life.
3+1+2= 6
19:21, Today: Parvati rolled 3 successes using 6d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((9,4,5,3,10(+8),2)).


Parvati was concerned that Quaestrix was unconscious. That could mean a concussion or worse.
Wiseman
 GM, 57 posts
 Storyteller
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 01:15
Red Rock
In reply to Parvati (msg # 83):

Yes, the statues seem to have an aura of all three, as well as prime about them.
Wiseman
 GM, 58 posts
 Storyteller
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 01:20
Red Rock
In reply to Parvati (msg # 85):

Both Sojourn and Parvati rapidly assessed Questrix. Sojourn found several bruises forming where she had impacted the ground, including a lump on her head. Despite those obvious injuries, nothing seemed clearly broken.

Parvati's magical inspection yielded more information. Questrix did have a concussion, but a mild one. She would likely have memory loss starting a few minutes before the throw up until she had partially recovered. She also had severe bruising on her back and shoulders. The throw had been rough without guiding her down gently and Questrix had not performed a breakfall. Still, it seemed there was nothing serious. Even without medical or magical treatment she would likely awaken in a few hours and recover fully within a few days.

The statue stayed relatively impassive. It repeated what it said before, starting with a short phrase in Latin, and then "Next" in high speech.
Parvati
 player, 49 posts
 and Rikki-tikki-tavi
 Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 23:19
Red Rock
"Either that or it's Fight Club," Parvati replied.

She needed some time to cast spells to heal herself and Q, but wasn't sure she had it. Instead, Parvati tried something else that could give her a clue about how to defeat it.

Craftsman's Eye
1+1+2 and personal talisman (-2 reach)= 4 dice
+1 Reach- how to use the object and 8 again
+1 Reach- instant casting
+1 Reach- Advanced range to sensory

18:17, Today: Parvati rolled 1 success using 4d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((4,8,4,1)).

Sojourn
 player, 42 posts
 Free Council Mastigos
 H:8/8 W:5/5 Mana:10/10
Sat 20 Jan 2018
at 20:13
Red Rock
Sojourn looked at the unconscious form of his teammate, up to his still conscious one, and sighed.

"Fight club or not, if they're not coming at us, I'm inclined to walk away while we can. The complex has other buildings."

"These," he motioned to the statues, "look like relics that happen to still function. Don't forget why we're here."

At that he glanced outside, "I still have a bad feeling about this whole operation."