Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Passage.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 87 posts
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 01:10
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Passage
22:00

The clock strikes ten as the Rapelje Continental pulls into the station.  The crackling electric current around the train begins to die down, and the frigid night air tears through the cabins as the doors open to release the passengers.  The pale lavender eye of Dravago stares down with full view of all those under its protection across Eberron.  The observant eye might notice the conductor stones leading to the Passage Lightning Rail maintenance and repair facility, the largest in Aundair, being set up to take the entire train to be looked at top to bottom.  In all, a typical ending to an otherwise uneventful, though pleasant ride.

Yet, armed police force can clearly be seen as the passengers leave the train.  Some passengers are even stopped, detained, and questioned as soon as they step foot off the platform.  Even those who aren't stopped would not be able to deny the overwhelming presence of these troops, as they patrol all around the city, even now in the dead of night.  Anyone stepping off of the train must have their papers checked before they can leave the platform, and some are even arrested, with verbal protest.

As the party exits the train on their leisure, Sylaerys is stopped and detained, even though her travel papers are legitimate.  The police captain, a tall, brutish man with a scar across his neck, baring with the Mark of Passage, holds his eyes steady upon her.  "A scion of House Lyrandar," he remarks with a guttural voice.  "Might I ask on what business you are here?"  His voice is stern, uncaring.  He shifts his weight to one side, multiple pairs of handcuffs clanking together in symphony.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:11, Sun 22 Apr.

Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 13 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 02:05
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Sylaerys seemed entirely unperturbed by being stopped or questioned. The man was simply doing his job and no doubt there was a reason for the high presence of police and detainment. For all she knew there was some criminal on the loose and she wouldn't want to interfere in the law doing it's job, or be held up by being secretive. Adjusting her pack over her shoulder, she smiled at the man, "Oh just passing through. House business is taking me to Arcanix, and this is as far as the Lightning Rail would get me. So I planned to get a room for the night upon arrival and find transportation the rest of the way in the morning." She had no reason to lie to the man, even if she had no desire to disclose explicitly what kind of business it was.
Narrator
 GM, 88 posts
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 18:39
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
The police captain nods his head in understanding even as he's looking through Sylaerys' traveling papers.  That is, until the Lyrandar ship captain mentions leaving the city, at which point the police captain grimaces, then looks Sylaerys directly in the eye.  With a deep sigh, the green eyed beast of a man introduces himself "Captain Kwanti d'Orien II, ma'am.  You mention Arcanix.  Exactly what business does House Lyrandar have there?"  Captain d'Orien hands back Sylaerys' papers and crosses his arms, awaiting a response.  The look on his face is stern as ever, showing that he's not in any mood to be playing around.  Whatever is going on is incredibly serious, and he shows that with his mere physical presence.
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 14 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 19:32
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
"Well, I don't know if the House would be pleased with me discussing business with a member of another house...but in the spirit of cooperation and the seeming serious nature that having this strong of a presence would entail, I guess divulging a bit couldn't hurt," Sylaerys said with a smile to the man, he'd been nothing but polite so far to her so she wasn't in any hurry to be upset or snappy toward him, "We're having work done on a new airship there, I'm to arrive and retrieve it from Arcanix and fly it to it's destination for it's proper maiden voyage." She took her papers back, tucking them into an inner pocket of her coat. At the same time, she really did wonder what was going on that mentioning Arcanix would raise his curiosity.
Narrator
 GM, 89 posts
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 22:25
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
"As I thought."  Captain d'Orien decides to lay it onto Sylaerys at this point, being non-confrontational, but unapologetic.  "Since you clearly just arrived in the area from the north, I will not arrest you immediately.  But I'm afraid I cannot allow you to leave the city until all investigations have been ended, and the nation's war brigades and barricades are in place against the sky."  His tone of voice turns to one of more compassion, but his hard stance does not change.  "I cannot reveal too much more about the current situation in public.  But please understand this much.  I will not have you arrested.  Today.  However, if you leave the city of Passage, I will be forced to place a nationwide warrant out for your arrest."  He gestures to the exposed Dragonmark on her neck, "Especially considering that you carry that Mark.  I am not accusing you of anything.  But we do know, via our contacts with your House, that the only person who could pilot that airship is someone with a Mark as powerful as yours."  He takes in a deep breath, "You are of course welcome to stay anywhere you please within our walls, but I cannot stress enough the legal and perhaps even physical dangers of leaving the city."
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 15 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 00:30
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Sylaerys looked confused at being told she wasn't going to be arrested immediately. Given she'd literally just arrived in town and pretty much the entire police force was present to see her arrival, she doubted he could hold her. But, when he mentioned the war brigades and barricades against the sky her one eye went a little wide. "Hm, if we can't speak openly in public, perhaps once you're done with your inspection of the passengers, we can speak privately, perhaps at your office? If something has happened with or because of my ship, it's my duty to see that it be handled swiftly and appropriately. And given you're rousing the defenses against the sky and you seem to know more about my ship than you should, I have to assume something has gone wrong...and it can't hurt to have someone helping both with a more open connection to my House and with a direct knowledge of airships," She seemed to genuinely want to help, partially because if it was her airship then she needed to know what had gone wrong. But also she needed to resolve this situation before the ship was destroyed and before her House's reputation took a hit.
Kachiko
 The Binded Blade, 13 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 06:22
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Kachiko steps off the train after finishing the job she had been with the group of travelers taking notice of the increased police force approaching with her travel documents in hand looking up at the night sky enjoying the peace outside of the chaos currently before her approaching the officer before taking in the notice of Slyaerys kind of keeping her eye on syl after all the enjoyment of the last sixteen hours. She returns her look to the police officer dealing with herself. Seemingly uninterested in all this more curious of the greater cause to this utter chaos. "I do believe all of my papers should be in order. Looks like you all are preparing for a war of some kind?"
Victor d'Orien
 The Traveler's Eye, 10 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 17:43
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Victor stretches out a bit in his seat before getting off the train, having not slept much on the ride at all, given their arrival time.  He exits the train with the others within the cabin compartment they shared, and hands over his papers as requested.  He listens closely as Captain d'Orien explains to Sylaerys her predicament, stepping in when the time seems appropriate.  "Captain, with all due respect, the lady couldn't have had any involvement in whatever happened.  We were in the same cabin together for the greater part of the day, with maybe five other people.  As a member of House Orien, I will testify on her behalf."  With so many witnesses, Victor found it difficult to see how the captain would be able to justify holding Sylaerys accountable for any part of this incident.  If anyone could sway his decision, it would probably be another Orien.
Larinz d'Sivis
 The Fey Wind, 10 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 18:53
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Larinz exited and motioned his jaguar to heel, lest she provoke any further issues by prowling or startling someone.  He held his papers ready for examination upon request, and waited to see what would unfold.  I wonder whether it is she in particular, or all travelers who are currently being scrutinized, he pondered.
Narrator
 GM, 90 posts
Tue 24 Apr 2018
at 10:31
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
"We've been in a war for over sixty years, madam," the Captain replies directly to Kachiko.  "We are, after all, directly adjacent to Metal Breland, just to the south of us here."  He then directs his attention to Victor.  "And I'm afraid that this is more than a matter of our house.  It is a matter of my city, and most importantly of my nation."  He uncrosses his arms as he looks Sylaerys directly in the eye once more.  "We can have further conversation about this in the morning, in private.  However, my word stands as of this moment.  You are not to leave this city until my investigation is completed.  Am I understood?"
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 16 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Tue 24 Apr 2018
at 17:48
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
She smiled a little wider, noticing the looks from Kachiko as well as having Victor stepping up to vouch for her in the moment. Was to know she had some more local support, rather than just the distant promise of House support. "Of course Captain, I have no desire to be in violation of the law or to complicate your investigation," Sylaerys said with a genuine smile, besides she was far too curious about what was going on to even consider leaving before at the very least she had a chance speak with the Captain in private. "One last question and I'll leave you to continue your investigation, any recommendations on a nice place to stay, if I'm going to be restricted to the city for a potentially extended period of time," There was a lightness to her tone, perhaps to lighten the mood or just because it was her nature.
Narrator
 GM, 91 posts
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 18:14
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
The captain's stance does not change in the slightest, although his tone does soften.  "Depends on how much you're looking to spend, and for how much quality.  Chateau du Ciel is probably the best hotel in the city, but not many can afford to stay there for very long.  IceSpring Inn is a popular location for those with a tighter budget.  And finally, House Ghallanda has three hostels, considering that so many pass through the city every day."  He looks between the others, particularly Kachiko and Victor.  "We can further discuss details in the morning, perhaps over breakfast, if the Iron Chef of Cyre would be so kind."
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 18 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Sat 28 Apr 2018
at 22:47
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Sylaerys nodded with a smile, "Sounds like I'm off to the Chateau then, might as well enjoy myself while I'm here." She gave a little nod of acknowledgement to the captain, before looking toward Kachiko and Victor as well. "Miss Kachiko, perhaps we can discuss some arrangements, and I'd love to enjoy more of Victor's cooking, the food on the train was absolutely wonderful," Her tone was rather jovial in the moment. Truthfully with the scrutiny she'd been under, having some allies seemed quite wonderful to her, as well as some company.

Though she did run down a few mental notes of what she needed to do in the immediate future. Stop at a Kundarak bank, she didn't carry the kind of gold on hand needed to fund an extended stay in an upscale hotel. If what the captain said was true, she was estimating 30, maybe 35 gold a night, plus a gold per meal. Since she had no idea how long she was going to be forced to stay in Passage, she made her note with renting for five days, long enough that if she needed to extend her stay the hotel wouldn't mind. So two hundred fifty gold or so would cover food and lodgings for about a week, it was a good place to start. She also needed to stop at a messaging station, to let those back home and those ahead of her know that she was being held up due to current circumstances.
Victor d'Orien
 The Traveler's Eye, 11 posts
Sun 29 Apr 2018
at 10:31
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
A small mistake on the captain's behalf still brings a genuine smile to Victor's face.  The mention of his father's title held closely-held memories, after all.  "I'm afraid the Iron Chef of Cyre has retired to education rather than practice.  But I believe his son would be more than willing to prepare a meal for the benefit of continued camaraderie between nations and houses."  Sylaerys' mood was interesting, almost odd.  She took the whole situation very well, far better than Victor himself would.  Even without knowing her history within her house, she seemed quite the competent leader.  But in all this talk about lodging, he quickly realized he hadn't a place to stay already.  Unusual for him, but not a big deal.  House Ghallanda had never turned down his services in exchange for putting a roof over his head.
Narrator
 GM, 93 posts
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 20:45
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
The Captain smiles and nods in agreement.  "Thank you for your understanding, Miss Lyrandar.  I'll see you in the morning.  Say, 9:00?  I will have Chateau du Ciel leave some space in their kitchen for Mister d'Orien, as well as reserve a table in their outdoor dining area.  For now, good night."  He steps back to allow for more room for the passengers to exit, still checking everyone's papers as they pass through.

---Time Skip: Dravago 4th, 1065 YK, 8:30 AM---
Each person's lodging arraignments should be noted in their first post after this line.

Chateau du Ciel - Good Inn Stay, All levels of Suites available
IceSpring Inn - Common Inn Stay, Small Suite Available
House Ghallanda - Common In Stay, No Suites
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG...gingAndServices.html


The morning sun continues its journey across the sky as the streets are bustling with news of several attacks to the south.  The Korranberg Chronicle circulates today on Wir, and the front page is plastered with the image of Vanguard Keep in shambles, although still standing.  An image of the southern tip of the Eldritch Groves set ablaze sits just below that.  The headline reads, 'Lyrandar Warmachine Brings Terror from Above'.  Captain d'Orien sits at the table he reserved for this meeting, out of uniform, but still looking incredibly professional in his suit.  He awaits Sylaerys and her companions while sipping at a cup of freshly brewed coffee.  Reading through the Chronicle, marking parts of the main article with a pen, underlining the most important parts, taking a deep, heavy sigh every now and then.
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 19 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 22:46
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Sylaerys nodded in agreement with the time, "Sounds like a plan Captain, I look forward to meeting with you in the morning...and more of that tasty food." Her added comment seemed off hand, and of personal note rather than meant for anyone else in particular. Though while she did step away from the Captain to let him carry on and not make him think she was hovering over him, she did wait for the rest of the folks she knew. She already had intentions of dragging Kachiko with her, negotiating some employment for the mercenary woman seemed wise until she knew what was going on. She also intended to offer the suite to Victor and Larinz if they wanted it, she'd stayed in similar places and knew they were large enough accommodate that many easily and comfortably. Of course, that was their choice.

In the morning Sylaerys was up early for her meeting with the Captain, woken by the staff as requested. She took in an early morning hot bath and massage, might as well indulge in the little things while she had the option. Dressing in a black silk blouse and matching black leather pants, including her normal remaining attire. She arrived downstairs to the outdoor dining area rather early, honestly expecting to be the first one there, but smiling as she saw Captain d'Orien already there. "Well good morning Captain, seems I'm not the only one who finds it distasteful to be late to a meeting," She said with a wide smile, as she removed her greatcoat, hat and gloves, making the impression of a very friendly meeting as she took a seat across from the Captain. Ordering coffee as well, she seemed perfectly relaxed and more than willing to wait until her other companions arrived. Hungry pups tended to turn up quick enough, she found after all.


OOC:
- Withdraw 250g from Kundarak bank.
- Head to a House Sivis Message Station, send one page explanation of the situation to her house superiors back in Stormhome and her contact in Arcanix each. (If I recall right it's 5g per page to be sent.) -10g
- Go to Chateau du Ciel, rent a Luxurious Suite for five days, exact number/size of individual rooms dependent on who takes up her offer or not. -160g
- Hot bath in the morning, assuming Chateau has a public bath or similar quality/cost option. -1g

Edited funds on sheet to be up to date.
Also, small side note, anybody who does take her up on her offer would note that Sylaerys is very much unarmed and unarmored.

Kachiko
 The Binded Blade, 14 posts
Tue 1 May 2018
at 00:22
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Kachiko had turned to wait after passing seeing syl approach and graciously accepts the offer knowing that she would have to charter a scribe to write up a proper contract as she had before. Looking over the others curious to hear their answer. Awaiting for everyone to gather to travel with Slyaerys. Giving Sylaerys a contract signed for her employment stating that she requests no employment charges until the job is completed and a fair share that Sylaerys dictates at the end of the assigned term of employment. "All you have to do is sign here and sigil here. I do look forward to working with you ms.d'Lyrandar."

The following morning Kachiko would arrive a bit later to the meeting after taking her own hot bath and retying her braid arriving just before the meeting time in a purple silk top and black silked bottoms that flair out near her ankles walking softly across the dining area before bowing properly to the captain as she approaches. "Good Morning Captain I do hope you had a restful evening you are looking very well kept." She ordered some coffee for herself as well.

OOC:
- Hire a Scribe to write up the Contract 1gp
- A hot bath in the morning, Assuming Chateau has a public bath of similar quality/cost option. -1 gp
- withdraw 80gp to pay her way for the room at the chateau.

Victor d'Orien
 The Traveler's Eye, 12 posts
Wed 2 May 2018
at 22:44
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Victor's smile remains a healthy smirk as Sylaerys compliments his work.  "I'll see you all in the morning.  If I want to get to bed by midnight, I'll need to get to work ASAP."  He gives a wave to each of them, including Ixunime, turning away from them to take maybe ten steps into the city before disappearing into nothingness.  His first order of business would be to locate the nearest hostel to the Chateau du Ciel and arrange to help prepare meals for their other patrons in the morning.  Not as a full-time chef, but enough to ensure that there would be as few disruptions in the kitchen when breakfast came around.  Perhaps he could also help with the local soup kitchen after the meeting.

In the morning, Victor is not the one who prepares the coffee, but he does send out freshly made omelettes to everyone at the table.  Most of them are stuffed with fresh basil and dill, roasted tomato and bell pepper, sauteed mushroom, and Aundair ham, topped with fresh rosemary.  He also prepares one for Ixunime, although with less vegetables and more ham.  With each meal prepared for the morning, Victor instructs his temporary sous chef to serve everyone as they enter, so that he may sit down with them without interruption.  "I hope this is to everyone's liking.  Typically I rarely find anyone at disagreement with an omelette."  He sits down to enjoy his own meal as the others talk, paying careful attention to the Captain.

Staying at the House Ghallanda hostel, although trying to pay off the cost with my culinary services.  Otherwise, 5sp 6cp cost.

16:58, Today: Victor d'Orien rolled 35 using 1d20+27 ((8)): Perform: Culinary Art.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:08, Wed 02 May.

Narrator
 GM, 94 posts
Fri 4 May 2018
at 01:49
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
"Good to see you, Miss Lyrandar."  The captain stands up to shake Sylaerys's hand, then sits back down, turning his Chronicle towards her on the table.  The marks he has underlined are clearly determined to show how dire the situation is.  'Eighty-seven killed in aerial attack... Twenty-three children kidnapped... Barrier between Aundair and Metal Breland in shambles...'  He looks at her from behind his cup of coffee.  "I hope this explains my recent actions against your House.  And most specifically, you."  Captain d'Orien pulls a letter from his pocket, unopened, addressed to Sylaerys, from Dyllan d'Lyrandar in Arcanix.


The Captain greets Kachiko in kind, "And yourself, as usual."  He takes a bite of the omelette prepared by Victor, saying nothing for a while as he takes four, maybe five bites.  "I hope you stick around for a while, brother.  The ingredients seem so simple, yet you somehow make them heavenly."  The captain has to forcibly keep himself from eating anymore so suddenly.  "Anyway.  When Miss Lyrandar is finished, we need to talk about how to proceed.  Understand that I only have jurisdiction over my city.  The military hasn't been sent in just yet, but I know they plan to.  And justifiably.  But they won't be as kind as I've been."
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 20 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Fri 4 May 2018
at 02:22
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Sylaerys was happy to return the shake of the hand with the Captain. Though her jovial features fell a little as she skimmed the Chronicle and his underlined sections of import. So many dead, so many stolen, such a breach of security. She didn't know how this happened, or why, but damned if she wasn't sure this was in direct relation to the ship she was being sent for. Her house were the masters of the sky, no metal bastard could catch up to their innovation. "It certainly does Captain, and if I'm honest you've been a far softer hand than I or most likely anyone else would have been in such a situation," She said solemnly.

With being presented a letter by the Captain from a fellow of her house, she seemed to lose focus on the Captain, Kachiko and even Victor and the delicious smelling omelette before her. Opening it she read it slowly, carefully...and as she read, her face lost what jovial nature it had more and more until her face was little more than a barely held snarl. She practically tossed the letter into the middle of the table, allowing any who wished to read it to do so. All save perhaps Kachiko knew how House politics worked, so none would be surprised at the suggestions included. And sharing information was a good first step toward proving their intentions as it were.

Taking a sip of her coffee and a bite of the omelette, perhaps to give her face a chance to slacken from the snarl, she sighed. "I will not allow that metal bastard to have my ship. It's already been sullied by this disaster and I will not let it do any more damage to my home or it's people. I will blast it out of the sky myself if I have to in order to ensure it does not remain in their hands," There was a cold fury in her tone, perhaps taking it personally that it had been stolen with counterfeit credentials of hers, "And sadly with the military coming, that will mean time is short. As at minimum they will not allow my involvement, at worst they lock me away and throw away the key just to be sure I'm not a double agent. But I very much intend to clean this mess up myself." She made no mention of Neriya, she was a motivation for Sylaerys, but the others did not know her and had no reason to care, not with the bigger picture. And if she was honest, if she had to choose between her and regaining or destroying the ship...as much as it would pain her, wresting the ship from Metal Breland's hands was priority one. Though as she ate a bit more to try and calm herself, those of keener eyes would notice arcs of electricity sparking along Sylaerys' fingers and down her fork.

OOC: Letter, for those who choose to read it.

Sylaerys D'Lyrandar,

      We understand full well where your situation begins all too well.  It is being reported that when Neriya's prototype warship was stolen, you had arrived here to pick it up before schedule.  I was not there to confirm, and it has been determined that the sigil used at the time was counterfeit.  Sadly, this was figured out far, far too late.  This has been a tragic disaster on all fronts.

     Prototype A-17 was designed to be a weapon against Metal Breland.  A warship that utilized the sky, one front that the King of Blades had not yet conquered.  Now, it is much more than a blemish on our House.  It is a security exploit that could lead to further damage against the rest of Khorvaire.  This cannot be allowed to continue.  It puts everything we've done in the past sixty years at risk.  More importantly, it puts the entire nation in danger.

      Please cooperate with Captain d'Orien.  The last thing we need is to seem as though the House is being antagonistic in this time of great crisis.  We understand that you have made friends with another Orien.  It may be prudent to work with them, at least in order to prove our intentions.  We will contact you as soon as we have a more solid solution to the problem.  Until then, do what you can within the boundaries of the Captain's orders.

      Lastly, Neriya and a few of her crew were taken yesterday as well.  We believe this to be coordinated, as she was traveling through Greenheart, Eldeen Reaches at the time.  This cannot be coincidence.  Please be careful of who you trust.  We are granting you temporarily increased permissions within the House, based on recommendations given by Neriya when you first began this journey.  Please use them wisely.

      Zarantyr Is With You,
  ~Dyllan d'Lyrandar

Victor d'Orien
 The Traveler's Eye, 13 posts
Sun 6 May 2018
at 22:11
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Victor was barely through his first bite before catching a glimpse of the Chronicle.  He wipes his hands, and reads the letter closely while wetting his tongue on a cup of tea.  "I won't pretend that I wasn't already concerned when you said there was an attack, Captain.  But this?"  His mind slowly begins to wander into the realm he was taught while he was a Blade Apprentice.  Perhaps he'd be better at this if he had completed his training.  "Do we have any idea where it is?  Any scouts?"
Narrator
 GM, 95 posts
Mon 7 May 2018
at 23:19
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
"That's actually where this crew comes in," the Captain responds.  He recognizes the rage seething from Sylaerys' snarl, but also sees how she is controlling her anger.  He puts the fork down, crosses his arms, and closes his eyes for a bit, thinking hard about he next words.  "What I am about  to suggest may get me in some hot water, so I'm putting a great deal of trust in you."  He opens his eyes, looking directly at Sylaerys.

"What I offer, Miss d'Lyrandar, is to allow you special privilege to leave the city and find this ship." He takes a quick glance at Victor, "Escorted by a scion of House Orien."  He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small, silver pouch.  "A seven-set Circle of Sound.  Four-hundred foot range."  He places the pouch in front of Sylaerys.  "If you accept these terms, that pouch will be of great use to you."

"Understand that there are challenges which come with this responsibility, Mr. d'Orien.  If you accept her as your ward, you are to report back to me every day.  If I don't hear from you for seventy-two hours, I'll have you and your group branded as fugitives.  Possible traitors."  He pauses to allow this concequence to gain weight.  "And the military arrives at these gates tonight, around 1800.  Meaning that by tomorrow, I will have far less political power to aid you with."
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 21 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Tue 8 May 2018
at 06:30
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
"I think a little hot water is a small price to pay to ensure that this disaster ends as quickly as possible," Sylaerys said softly, looking to the Captain and nodding at the mention of placing trust in her. It was obvious she was pondering on his offer as well as the offered set of rings, as well as the consequences if something were to happen. She glanced to Victor and Kachiko, before sighing a little.

"If Victor accepts the role of escort, you already know I'm in Captain," Sylaerys said simply, "My desire to deal with this situation far outstrips any possible consequences of failure." She did look toward Kachiko softly, "I know we arranged a contract Ms. Kachiko, but given the severity of the situation and possible consequences, I will not insist on your accompaniment. It is your choice."

Downing her coffee and looking a bit more...perky as she devoured her remaining omelette, looking every bit a voracious soldier. Once she was done, she wiped her mouth; and while she looked to the Captain, it was obvious her words were meant for everyone, "However, if we are leaving, I would prefer to do so as swiftly as possible after this point. To start tracking down my ship as soon as possible, but also because I want to put as much distance between us and the military as possible to make it...impractical for them to try to follow and drag me back." She pulled out her own pocket watch, checking the time, before tucking it away once more.
Kachiko
 The Binded Blade, 15 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 22:17
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
As she took in the situation at hand pulling the letter close reading over it. She took her first bite of the Omelette looking back at syl almost with a moment of surprise blinking it away and affirms her devotion to follow the contract previously set up. "I follow the word of the contract unless the Contractee proves Untrustworthy you have not so I will be your sword at your behest." She eats slowly enjoying each bite finishing it by the end of Syl's sentence standing ready to leave herself at the earliest moment stretching and looking to victor awaiting his response.
Victor d'Orien
 The Traveler's Eye, 14 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 03:04
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
"I accept."  Victor wastes no time in declaring his desire and commitment to this mission.  He takes another bite of his omelette and washes it down with tea.  "If I accept this responsibility on behalf of my House, I will need..."  He takes a second to ponder, then switches his tone.  "I will do what is required of me to protect the five nations, and the houses.  I have no reason to believe that I will be opposed by our representative of House Lyrandar.  I will put my foot down as I feel is needed." He puts back another bite of his omelette, biting down softly on the fork as is thinking about the meal itself.

"If we are to leave shortly, I will put together a more hearty second breakfast, as well as travel meals.  My greatest concern is that we bring as much expertise and firepower with us.  There was a Sivis who I think would be interested in coming with us."  He speaks while chewing his food, "Met 'em on-- the train."  At this point he throws his food down his gullet with expedience.  One large gulp of his tea and a deep sigh later, "If we might be going into the Reaches, he may be useful."
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 22 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Fri 11 May 2018
at 15:35
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Sylaerys smiled at the ready commitment from both Kachiko and Victor, it would seem she'd stumbled upon a pair of good ones. Funny how when fate kicks you in the gut it also seems to throw you a bone or two. She smiled at the readiness of Kachiko, though as Victor mentioned as much expertise and firepower, she nodded. "Yes, I must admit, I can navigate fine but having someone with a more direct knowledge of nature and it's working would be extremely useful, if he wishes to join us," She said softly, "And while speed is of importance, you are quite correct, we do need to be prepared. Armed with as many allies as we can muster in a short span, as many provisions as can be made and any information we can obtain..."

She sighed a little, rubbing her temples. So much to think about, so much to try and plan for, to overcome. "I would love to get into contact with someone of my House from Arcanix so I could get the blueprints for the ship. It would shed some light on things. Whether the ship requires a special dock or can simply land anywhere, how many men are required to crew it optimally, how many people and how much cargo it can carry, what the weapon load out is and how long it can sustain battle before needing to break and rearm itself, any necessary magical or mundane fuels or maintenance it requires and in what kind of time frame it needs it. Weak points, structural insecurities, anything we can use against it," Sylaerys said, partially thinking out loud for the table, so that her allies did not think she was holding information back.
Narrator
 GM, 96 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 19:50
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
"Then it's settled."  The Captain takes his time in finishing his meal, letting the silence settle before speaking again.  "I will have my forces release the sanctions on Miss Sylaerys d'Lyrandar.  And actually, I'm one step ahead of you."  Having some time before the meeting, the Captain had taken some time for preparation.  He pulls a rolled -up set of papers, tied down with twine, and hands it to Sylaerys.  "This was actually forwarded to the Aundair military.  I got a hold of it, just in case Passage ends up being their next target."  From the outer sheet, it is clear that these are some form of schematics.  "But you didn't get it from me."

The Captain wipes down his hands and face before he stands up from the table.  "I would suggest that your group leave within the next two hours.  Time is highly valuable at this point.  If there are no other questions or concerns, I'll take my leave, although you'll be able to find me at the barracks.  I have much to set up before the General gets here."
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 23 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Fri 11 May 2018
at 21:39
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
"Well, I'm impressed and grateful Captain, these shall be of immeasurable value, I'm certain. And of course, I just happened upon them by chance," Sylaerys said with a wink, taking the rolled up set of papers, only giving them a quick glance to see that they were a set of schematics, "Thank you for your open mindedness and trust in light of everything. I'll do my damnedest to see it's not been misplaced." She stood with the Captain, offering her hand to the man for a parting shake.

She was admittedly slightly distracted now that she had a lead. Her first goal was to study the schematics to give their group a potential lead, heading and direction. She knew with only two hours she wasn't going to unravel all the mysteries of their quarry, she wasn't a dedicated engineer after all, even if talented. They also needed to track Larinz down and see if he would lend his services to the cause, and perhaps see if they could find a few more.
Larinz d'Sivis
 The Fey Wind, 13 posts
Mon 14 May 2018
at 05:28
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
When the group agreed with the captain's proposal, Larinz appeared in one of the (until then)seemingly empty seats.  "I will of course be happy to lay aside my personal plans and aid in the efforts to track down and reclaim - or destroy - the airship, to include full use of my dragonmark."  Larinz said with an easy smile.

"There only remains the matter of payment.  I am willing to accept coin, but would prefer to collect a favor from each of the other houses represented here, in proportion to our degree of success and danger faced, to be named at a later date, with right of refusal on any given request if the favor is seen as out of order."  Coin only went so far in the circles Larinz often traveled - favors were far more precious.
Victor d'Orien
 The Traveler's Eye, 15 posts
Mon 14 May 2018
at 23:22
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
"Speak of the devil and you'll see his horns," Victor muses at Larinz's abrupt appearance.  He had some respect for him being up-front about payment.  A sign of a good businessman.  "My next question is, where do we start?  Do we have a last known location?"  He finishes up his plate, and his tea, tossing his chef's apron into an ethereal pocket, removing from it a black hat and a pair of brass-rimmed sunglasses.  "I have some... extraneous knowledge on the subject of engineering.  I'd like to take a look at those schematics you... happened across, Syl."
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 25 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Tue 15 May 2018
at 03:47
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Sylaerys chuckled softly at the sudden appearance of Larinz, "Well, seems we don't have to go looking as far as I had thought." She nodded at his mention of payment, "I can't speak for my house, you know how politics work, people holding grudges and doing petty things for petty reasons. But if you want favor as payment, if it's in my power or I can arrange for it to happen, then you have it." She wasn't nearly influential enough to offer a blanket house wide favor and expect it to be honored, but she had her honor and friends in a lot of places. She'd see to it, if it was in her power, that Larinz got his favor. Especially if he helped the house save face, that would be a card she could leverage to flex among the house to get things done that might normally be out of her reach.

Turning her gaze to Victor she nodded, "Good, a second set of eyes will help in looking these over more expediently." She didn't hesitate to offer the roll of schematics to Victor.
Narrator
 GM, 97 posts
Wed 16 May 2018
at 12:31
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
The Captain shakes Sylaerys' hand before he leaves, answering Victor and Larinz quickly, "South of Ghalt, as of yesterday.  And we can discuss payment when you return with success."

Prototype A-17:

Airship: Colossal++ vehicle; Airworthiness +4; Shiphandling 8; Speed Fly 50 ft. (poor), Overall AC 12; Hull sections 3,000 (crash 750 sections); Section hp 120 (hardness 10); Section AC -1; Ram 12d6; SA air ring; SQ resistance to air 10, hover; Space 180 ft. by 600 ft.; Height 120 ft. (air ring has 300-ft. diameter);
Watch 60; Complement 300; Cargo 30 tons;

A-17 is equipped with twenty cannons along both sides of the ship, as well as a double-barrelled Destruction cannon on front.  Atop the helm is a tower enchanted heavily with divination magics to give the captain great knowledge about the battlefield.  An Orien Astral Beacon is also installed in the helm, but any teleports to this beacon are subject to a security system which uses Divert Teleport.  Anyone trying to teleport to this beacon without a proper signet stone on hand is instead teleported directly to the brig.  Finally, the entire ship has a chameleon cloaking magic, making the ship more difficult to see (but disabling all weaponry).

A-17 cannot dock normally, instead using a special teleportation circle.  Lastly, the cargo capacity is diminished due to a special cargo hold at the bottom of the ship, specifically for weaponry and ammunition.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:29, Sat 19 May.

Victor d'Orien
 The Traveler's Eye, 16 posts
Sat 19 May 2018
at 02:38
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Looking through the schematics, Victor pulls down his sunglasses to the bridge of his nose.  "By the mischievous boots of the Traveler himself..."  His finger scans over the hull and bow of the ship.  "This is the biggest airship I've ever yet to see.  Mighty, too.  If I'm reading this right, whatever material the hull is made out of could possibly withstand sustained cannon fire."  He puts his finger directly over the forward cannon, "And what is THAT?!"  Victor's expertise never included the Destruction sphere, although not out of disinterest.  Just not quite his style.  But he had known a sorceress who, by his own experience, had both great knowledge of the sphere and a bad temper.
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 26 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Sat 19 May 2018
at 03:24
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Sylaerys glanced at the schematics with Victor, letting out a long low whistle, "By the sweet winds, she's beautiful." She had to agree with his assessment of it's size and it's combat capability, "It could yeah, we'd need an army to bring this thing down by force." As she glanced at load out that was the forward cannon, "That is a problem, if I'm reading those specs right. It'll rip through any mundane defense like it was paper. But something that massive will need a dedicated team to aim and load it, and between shots it'll take some time to reload. If their crew isn't familiar, it may slow them down even more. But we'll need to handle it with care."
Victor d'Orien
 The Traveler's Eye, 17 posts
Mon 21 May 2018
at 05:33
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Victor nods in agreement.  "We should stock up for the journey.  Are we taking horses, or do we want me to try to procure an Earth Sled?"  Both have their advantages, but he wouldn't mind either.  "As for food and water, feel free to bring any meats or vegetables you'd like."  He pushes his sunglasses back unto his eyes, with a wry smile.  "And know that I usually charge in silver.  So, transportation and rations.  I believe that should cover everything."