Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Passage.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 87 posts
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 01:10
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Passage
22:00

The clock strikes ten as the Rapelje Continental pulls into the station.  The crackling electric current around the train begins to die down, and the frigid night air tears through the cabins as the doors open to release the passengers.  The pale lavender eye of Dravago stares down with full view of all those under its protection across Eberron.  The observant eye might notice the conductor stones leading to the Passage Lightning Rail maintenance and repair facility, the largest in Aundair, being set up to take the entire train to be looked at top to bottom.  In all, a typical ending to an otherwise uneventful, though pleasant ride.

Yet, armed police force can clearly be seen as the passengers leave the train.  Some passengers are even stopped, detained, and questioned as soon as they step foot off the platform.  Even those who aren't stopped would not be able to deny the overwhelming presence of these troops, as they patrol all around the city, even now in the dead of night.  Anyone stepping off of the train must have their papers checked before they can leave the platform, and some are even arrested, with verbal protest.

As the party exits the train on their leisure, Sylaerys is stopped and detained, even though her travel papers are legitimate.  The police captain, a tall, brutish man with a scar across his neck, baring with the Mark of Passage, holds his eyes steady upon her.  "A scion of House Lyrandar," he remarks with a guttural voice.  "Might I ask on what business you are here?"  His voice is stern, uncaring.  He shifts his weight to one side, multiple pairs of handcuffs clanking together in symphony.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:11, Sun 22 Apr.

Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 13 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 02:05
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Sylaerys seemed entirely unperturbed by being stopped or questioned. The man was simply doing his job and no doubt there was a reason for the high presence of police and detainment. For all she knew there was some criminal on the loose and she wouldn't want to interfere in the law doing it's job, or be held up by being secretive. Adjusting her pack over her shoulder, she smiled at the man, "Oh just passing through. House business is taking me to Arcanix, and this is as far as the Lightning Rail would get me. So I planned to get a room for the night upon arrival and find transportation the rest of the way in the morning." She had no reason to lie to the man, even if she had no desire to disclose explicitly what kind of business it was.
Narrator
 GM, 88 posts
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 18:39
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
The police captain nods his head in understanding even as he's looking through Sylaerys' traveling papers.  That is, until the Lyrandar ship captain mentions leaving the city, at which point the police captain grimaces, then looks Sylaerys directly in the eye.  With a deep sigh, the green eyed beast of a man introduces himself "Captain Kwanti d'Orien II, ma'am.  You mention Arcanix.  Exactly what business does House Lyrandar have there?"  Captain d'Orien hands back Sylaerys' papers and crosses his arms, awaiting a response.  The look on his face is stern as ever, showing that he's not in any mood to be playing around.  Whatever is going on is incredibly serious, and he shows that with his mere physical presence.
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 14 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 19:32
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
"Well, I don't know if the House would be pleased with me discussing business with a member of another house...but in the spirit of cooperation and the seeming serious nature that having this strong of a presence would entail, I guess divulging a bit couldn't hurt," Sylaerys said with a smile to the man, he'd been nothing but polite so far to her so she wasn't in any hurry to be upset or snappy toward him, "We're having work done on a new airship there, I'm to arrive and retrieve it from Arcanix and fly it to it's destination for it's proper maiden voyage." She took her papers back, tucking them into an inner pocket of her coat. At the same time, she really did wonder what was going on that mentioning Arcanix would raise his curiosity.
Narrator
 GM, 89 posts
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 22:25
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
"As I thought."  Captain d'Orien decides to lay it onto Sylaerys at this point, being non-confrontational, but unapologetic.  "Since you clearly just arrived in the area from the north, I will not arrest you immediately.  But I'm afraid I cannot allow you to leave the city until all investigations have been ended, and the nation's war brigades and barricades are in place against the sky."  His tone of voice turns to one of more compassion, but his hard stance does not change.  "I cannot reveal too much more about the current situation in public.  But please understand this much.  I will not have you arrested.  Today.  However, if you leave the city of Passage, I will be forced to place a nationwide warrant out for your arrest."  He gestures to the exposed Dragonmark on her neck, "Especially considering that you carry that Mark.  I am not accusing you of anything.  But we do know, via our contacts with your House, that the only person who could pilot that airship is someone with a Mark as powerful as yours."  He takes in a deep breath, "You are of course welcome to stay anywhere you please within our walls, but I cannot stress enough the legal and perhaps even physical dangers of leaving the city."
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 15 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 00:30
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Sylaerys looked confused at being told she wasn't going to be arrested immediately. Given she'd literally just arrived in town and pretty much the entire police force was present to see her arrival, she doubted he could hold her. But, when he mentioned the war brigades and barricades against the sky her one eye went a little wide. "Hm, if we can't speak openly in public, perhaps once you're done with your inspection of the passengers, we can speak privately, perhaps at your office? If something has happened with or because of my ship, it's my duty to see that it be handled swiftly and appropriately. And given you're rousing the defenses against the sky and you seem to know more about my ship than you should, I have to assume something has gone wrong...and it can't hurt to have someone helping both with a more open connection to my House and with a direct knowledge of airships," She seemed to genuinely want to help, partially because if it was her airship then she needed to know what had gone wrong. But also she needed to resolve this situation before the ship was destroyed and before her House's reputation took a hit.
Kachiko
 The Binded Blade, 13 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 06:22
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Kachiko steps off the train after finishing the job she had been with the group of travelers taking notice of the increased police force approaching with her travel documents in hand looking up at the night sky enjoying the peace outside of the chaos currently before her approaching the officer before taking in the notice of Slyaerys kind of keeping her eye on syl after all the enjoyment of the last sixteen hours. She returns her look to the police officer dealing with herself. Seemingly uninterested in all this more curious of the greater cause to this utter chaos. "I do believe all of my papers should be in order. Looks like you all are preparing for a war of some kind?"
Victor d'Orien
 The Traveler's Eye, 10 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 17:43
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Victor stretches out a bit in his seat before getting off the train, having not slept much on the ride at all, given their arrival time.  He exits the train with the others within the cabin compartment they shared, and hands over his papers as requested.  He listens closely as Captain d'Orien explains to Sylaerys her predicament, stepping in when the time seems appropriate.  "Captain, with all due respect, the lady couldn't have had any involvement in whatever happened.  We were in the same cabin together for the greater part of the day, with maybe five other people.  As a member of House Orien, I will testify on her behalf."  With so many witnesses, Victor found it difficult to see how the captain would be able to justify holding Sylaerys accountable for any part of this incident.  If anyone could sway his decision, it would probably be another Orien.
Larinz d'Sivis
 The Fey Wind, 10 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 18:53
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
Larinz exited and motioned his jaguar to heel, lest she provoke any further issues by prowling or startling someone.  He held his papers ready for examination upon request, and waited to see what would unfold.  I wonder whether it is she in particular, or all travelers who are currently being scrutinized, he pondered.
Narrator
 GM, 90 posts
Tue 24 Apr 2018
at 10:31
Dravago 4th, 1065 YK: Passage
"We've been in a war for over sixty years, madam," the Captain replies directly to Kachiko.  "We are, after all, directly adjacent to Metal Breland, just to the south of us here."  He then directs his attention to Victor.  "And I'm afraid that this is more than a matter of our house.  It is a matter of my city, and most importantly of my nation."  He uncrosses his arms as he looks Sylaerys directly in the eye once more.  "We can have further conversation about this in the morning, in private.  However, my word stands as of this moment.  You are not to leave this city until my investigation is completed.  Am I understood?"