Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Victor d'Orien
 The Traveler's Eye, 24 posts
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 02:50
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
'They're hardening their defenses.  I'm not going in alone.  I'll stand back and provide support from afar.'  Victor jaunts up into a tree and braces against it, pulling from thin air a rifle made of intricately carved wood and crystal.  He first sets his sights on the goblin that shook its fist at Sylaerys, but then turns his sights to the blue goblin instead.  'I hope you know what you're doing, Syl.'
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 35 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Tue 19 Jun 2018
at 20:22
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
Sylaerys let out a laugh as the blue goblin named his price for the captive, though when he seemed serious, she paused, "Surely you're making a joke right? Even the best trained, most attractive and most exotic slaves would only be sold for several hundred gold. So unless you have some royalty chained up there that I'm not noticing, I think you're opening this talk in bad faith. Wish I'd brought an acquaintance of mine, Larinz, with me. He's much better at appraising the value of things, I'd have him look over your cargo to get a better idea of their value." She sighed and shook her head exaggeratedly, hoping Larinz got the hint to slip closer to the captives so if or when this went sideways he'd be in position to help deal with the guards.

"Now, do you want to try that again with a more reasonable number, or are you going to bullshit me some more about trying to five thousand a head for them?" Well, if nothing else, the goblin dealing in bad faith told her just as much as if he'd laid down a reasonable price. It told her either he thought she was stupid, or he had no intention of selling them and they were going to be used for something else entirely. Which would force her hand in a way she was hoping to avoid.
Narrator
 GM, 108 posts
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 00:44
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
The blue turns away his head in disgust.  "I suppose that is all that can be expected.  Your tongue is as filthy as your people."  He shakes his head, baubles strung into his hair bobbing back and forth.  "Regardless, a profit is a profit, even if it stinks of elf.  And allowing you to pay the ransom now will let us stay in the area, instead of spending weeks getting back home."  He looks back toward the captives, gesturing to them individually.  "Three-hundred for the five of them, one-hundred-fifty for the three elders, one-hundred for the four children.  Each."  With some hesitation, he also gestures to the rear wagon, surrounded on all sides by guards.  "One thousand for her.  No less."
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 36 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 02:39
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
"See, now we're talking, that's something I can work with without it just being insulting," Sylaerys said with a smile, looking toward the rear wagon then to dozen other captives, doing quick math in her head. "Give me a minute to consult with my associate about this for a moment," She said, giving the goblin a slight nod of her head before turning to take several steps away from the goblin, tugging Kachiko with her both to keep an eye on the goblins but to also cover her use of the communication device. "So, question, how much gold do you all have? I wasn't exactly expecting to be paying a ransom in the middle of nowhere so most of mine is tucked in the bank. And by my count, the goblins rate is 3,350 gold. Though I could probably talk him down a bit more," She said softly, "Captives have to be a pain in the ass to travel with for an extended time, and he said he was looking at weeks of travel."
Victor d'Orien
 The Traveler's Eye, 25 posts
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 19:51
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
"Eh, I can cover it," Victor states, unenthusiastically.  He slides his rifle away, pulling a coin purse out of thin air.  He counts a few handfuls of platinum and gold, wraps those coins in a bandanna, and warps them into Sylaerys' pocket.

-3,350gp
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 37 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 01:48
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
"Thanks Victor, consider this a loan, I'll pay you back as soon as I can," Sylaerys said softly as she felt the sudden heaviness in her pocket. This was her taking the lead on this whole situation, so she had no intention of leaving her allies holding the check as it were. Truthfully, if she had the coin on hand, she wouldn't have even asked the others.

Turning back to the blue goblin and stepping back into polite speaking range, Sylaerys smiled, "Alright, we had a chance to talk about this. Counter offer, 2,500 gold for all thirteen captives. That's full value for the adults and the one in the last wagon, with you throwing the elders and kids in for free, which we both know neither group are easy to transport or keep or sell. They can't work, can't really walk long distances, far more hassle than any value you might get for them. And since you'd be light on your cargo and could stay in the area longer, I'll even throw in some information as part of the deal that I'm sure will be of great value to you in the goal."
Narrator
 GM, 109 posts
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 08:44
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
"Cargo moves at whatever speed I desire.  Labor is labor, whether it is hard or household.  I am not keen on losing out on money, but depending on what this information is, I may be willing to pay for it."  The blue looks out into the forest, seemingly in Larinz' direction, before turning back to Sylaerys.  "And that's assuming that I can trust you."  The other goblins begin to get antsy, pacing around the wagons defensively.
Larinz d'Sivis
 The Fey Wind, 18 posts
Fri 22 Jun 2018
at 05:22
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
Larinz looks behind himself, apparently frustrated, and whispers tersely in goblin, "Shh!  He can hear you!  And no, you can't kill any of them unless they decline the lady's offer."

01:21, Today: Larinz d'Sivis rolled 24 using 1d20+16.  Bluff.
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 38 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Fri 22 Jun 2018
at 09:55
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
"Well, given I haven't threatened you, lied to you or tried anything other than negotiating, I think I've earned a bit of trust. You can call my tongue filthy all you like, but you certainly can't say it's forked," Sylaerys said with a smirk, "As for my information, I'm not keen on losing a bargaining chip before it's been paid for. But I will say this information is in regards to your safety, that of your men as well as the profitability of staying in the area once our business is done. Does that sound like the kind of information that you'd be willing to pay for?"
Narrator
 GM, 110 posts
Fri 22 Jun 2018
at 17:11
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
The blue scoffs.  "No child of Galifar is above scrutiny, bringer-of-rain, and the vagarities of your words signals to me a lack of substance.  My band has been doing fine for years before your arrival, and will continue to do so once you've departed."  His face begins to curl as he looks up into the distant, yet empty sky.  "You've wasted enough of our time, perhaps deliberately.  Pay up, or move out of our way."  The blue gestures to one of the goblins standing in front of Sylaerys extends his hands, awaiting payment.
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 39 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Sun 24 Jun 2018
at 19:44
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
"If that's how you feel, fine," Sylaerys casually, it was no skin off her back, just a bit more gold. Reaching into the pocket of her coat, she pulls the bandanna that Victor had teleported there, dropping it into the hand of the goblin. "It's all there, but I'm sure you'll want to count it," She said softly, not seeming insulted by the idea at all.
Narrator
 GM, 111 posts
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 18:13
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
Once given the pouch of gold, the goblin tosses it to his blue leader, who catches it effortlessly.  He holds it in his hand as if weighing it, then gives a signal to the group.  The goblins watching over the captives begin removing the chain cuffs, one at a time, as the blue does in fact count each piece as he pours the payment from the bandanna into his own pouch.  In just a few minutes, the blue finishes counting the coin, and signals for the rear wagon to be opened.  A woman baring the Greater Dragonmark of Making is helped out of the wagon, blindfolded, gagged, hands and feet cuffed.  Once out she is released from these bonds.

With expedience the goblins tidy up, pulling their chains back into the rear wagon, and prepare for setting off again.  Given no further interruptions, the goblins pull away, almost as if in a rush.
Elazti d'Cannith
 The Electric Auditor, 2 posts
 Magewright
Fri 29 Jun 2018
at 01:21
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
"Blue, you and your friends look even uglier than I remembered," the last prisoner shoots off, as they take off her blindfold.

She is thin, which exaggerates her height, for she is tall for a woman, with wavy, night-dark hair and quizzical, green eyes with heavy circles.  A pair of engineer's googles dangle from her neck, and she wears a simple black dress under a brown vest with many pockets, waist clinched with a brown belt.  She looks long and hard at Sylaerys, pinches forefinger and thumb, and spreads them.  Out of thin air, she is holding a cigarette, lit, which she smokes for a single breath.  Then, almost satisfied, she drops it, and the stick fades into wispy smoke before hitting ground.

"I am Elazti d'Cannith.  Thank you for rescuing me.  Unless you are just my latest captor.  In which case, you can go to Xoriat."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:04, Fri 29 June.

Narrator
 GM, 112 posts
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 03:42
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
The other captives massage their wrists and feet, their faces displaying a mix of gratitude and fatigue.  The old man eventually straightens out his back as he walks over to Sylaerys with his hands outstretched.  "Thank you so much, young lady!  My friends and family are forever in your debt.  Might I ask, what is the name of our savior?"  On closer inspection, the clothes worn by the captives are unbelievably muddy and marred.
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 40 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 07:56
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
Sylaerys smirked at Elazti, "I'm no captor, far as I'm concerned you're completely free to do as you please." Looking to the older man she smiled to him, not even hesitating to shake his hand, "I'm Sylaerys and this is Kachiko, I'll introduce you to my others companions back at our camp." She gestured through the trees, at the same time making sure Victor and Larinz could hear her as well, "It's a bit of a walk, but I think some proper food and a chance to rest will be well worth it." If nothing else, they might be able to provide information, maybe they saw the ship or signs of it's passing. And full bellies usually led to loosened tongues.
Elazti d'Cannith
 The Electric Auditor, 4 posts
 Magewright
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 14:21
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
The engineer seemed to soften at the old captive's profuse gratitude.  "People don't often go out of their way... I too owe you a debt."

With a soft groan, she began to stretch--for there was a promise of a walk in front of them, and her wrists, ankles, and hips were very sore.
Kachiko
 The Binded Blade, 24 posts
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 15:48
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
Kachiko watches as the goblins leave with a smirk moving her hand from her hip before looking over the ex-captives rolling her shoulders a bit. "Greetings I am Kachiko currently employed as ms.Sylaerys's bodyguard and adventurer." She moves to assist some of the more injured or elderly at the start of the treck back to our campsite. Making a mental note that she owes around a thousand gold to Victor"So Elazti d'Cannith what do you do? I see the Engineer's goggles however what is your school of speciality.".
Elazti d'Cannith
 The Electric Auditor, 5 posts
 Magewright
Mon 2 Jul 2018
at 00:06
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
"Pleased, Ms. Kachiko, "  Elazti said, running her hand through her hair.  "I am an electric auditor.  There's few of us left any more.  My job is to inspect the electric rail, even if the city out here has turned it off in this area.  But there's so much need outside the cities.  Magic broke everywhere, and it's not just the cities that suffered.  I've had to learn how to do whatever is needed... Before Blue nabbed me, I was out at a remote mining community repairing their tools.  Strictly off contract.  Which is why I didn't have anyone or an insurance contract to rescue me."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:30, Mon 02 July.

Narrator
 GM, 114 posts
Mon 2 Jul 2018
at 15:43
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
With much glee, the previously captive travelers follow Sylaerys back to camp.  The old man tells a tale as they walk.  "We were separated from a much larger exodus heading north, due to the black airship.  We were captured by goblins, who forced us to dig out and build makeshift shelters for whatever reason.  We've been on the go for just about a day since leaving that shelter.  Didn't even tear it down.  If you hadn't come along, who knows what would have happened to us."
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 41 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Mon 2 Jul 2018
at 17:53
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
"Ah, makes sense why you'd be out this way then Ms. Elazti, and understandable why there was no house response," Sylaerys said with a nod as she walked with the previous captives, keeping the pace a bit easier to not pressure the elderly. Though as the elder told his tale, she perked up a little at the mention of a black airship. "Oh, a black airship you say? Did you happen to see which direction that airship went. You might have spotted my companions and I's quarry," She said curiously.
Elazti d'Cannith
 The Electric Auditor, 7 posts
 Magewright
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 01:16
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
"You are hunting a black airship?" Elazti asks.  "Wouldn't it be easier to fly in pursuit of one than stumble over land?"

She snaps her fingers, and a key appears in her hand.  She uses it to open her traveling pack, and pulls out a few bars of chocolate, which she offers to the other prisoners.
Narrator
 GM, 115 posts
Thu 5 Jul 2018
at 17:01
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
"Seen it?!"  One of the child exclaims, briefly ignoring the candy bar.  "It passed like two feet over our heads!"  One of the adult women, likely the child's mother, takes said child gently by the shoulder, handing him one of the bars of chocolate.  "He exaggerates, but not by much.  And this wasn't during the attack; this was while we were fleeing from the attack.  They were heading... almost directly west from here, by my bearings."
Sylaerys d'Lyrandar
 The Bloody Storm, 42 posts
 Airship Captain
 "The Bloody Storm"
Thu 5 Jul 2018
at 21:52
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
"We are, sadly when we set out we were pressed for time and had to take the quickest mode of travel available, rather than wait for the most ideal," Sylaerys said, though smiling at the young boy and the woman, "West hm? Well, this is good fortune for us then. Hopefully we shall be able to catch up to it soon enough." She was curious why it was flying that low, perhaps it had been damaged or they didn't know how to pilot it properly.
Elazti d'Cannith
 The Electric Auditor, 8 posts
 Magewright
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 22:41
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
"What attack?" El's eyes narrow.  "The airship was part of the attack?"

She pulls out a map and sets it down on a table... that just happened to appear out of thin air at her off-hand gesture.  It was a rough, wooden table, not quite steady even.  The work of a secondhand thought, but she could spread the map out on it.

"Where are we on this map?" She asks Sylaerys, then:  "and where were you when you saw the ship.  How fast was it going?"

With that information, she traces a line with a pen.  "The line heads this way... If they keep in that direction, they are headed toward...."
Narrator
 GM, 116 posts
Sat 7 Jul 2018
at 14:12
Dravago 3rd, 1065 YK: Southern Eldritch Groves
With some careful thought, Elazti's knowledge of geography points out that the ship went in the direction of Lake Galifar and the Northern Blackcaps.