Loss, and a Mysterious Temple.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 57 posts
 Omnipotent Fuckbringer
 Lord of Shenanigans
Tue 18 Jul 2017
at 18:40
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
After Rixthar's comment the ghostly figure lowers into the ground and moments later rises behind him "This will be your last warning fools leave now or meet their fate".
Arcamion
 player, 41 posts
Tue 18 Jul 2017
at 21:50
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
Seeing that she was able to determine the robes the statues were wearing are the same style the scholars in the capital wear was not a good sign.

We are leaving and we are no betrayers.  Only wish to seek answers and if the Gods are able to return.  We wish to learn

Rixthar
 player, 32 posts
Wed 19 Jul 2017
at 07:27
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
Once again Rixthar's logical conclusion was grossly inaccurate. He considered carefully that instead of making such guesses in the future he would be even more of passive observer. Clearly his situational awareness was not yet keen enough to make such guesses before at least a minute of observation. Sadly at most moments, that was too late.

Rixthar blinked his eyes and frowned. "My apologies for the misapprehension. Indeed though, we are seeking a remedy for the malcontent, not a way to spread it. We heed your warning, but I dare to beg you, will you please tell us more? I am curious as to what caused you to take a form such as this. Be you wronged, much like this place has been defiled, perhaps we may, in our state of living, correct this injustice. That is all I, for one, seek. Most of all, to the dead.

Rixthar was however creeping towards the woman. Not threateningly, but trying to show his willingness to leave. Only approaching her, for she was the direction he felt she wanted him to go.

OOC: I would prefer not to rush diplomacy, but if attacked I will change my course of diplomacy to a rushed finish and therefor take the -10 to this roll.

Edit: Dang it. I'm apparently worse than worthless, I'm a liability....02:27, Today: Rixthar rolled 5 using 1d20+3.  Diplomacy.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:29, Wed 19 July 2017.

Arcamion
 player, 42 posts
Wed 19 Jul 2017
at 14:47
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
10:46, Today: Arcamion rolled 25 using 1d20+5.  Dipl.
Narrator
 GM, 58 posts
 Omnipotent Fuckbringer
 Lord of Shenanigans
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 09:48
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
Arcamion, through a calm demeanor and quick explanation, manages to calm the furious spirit. The apparition slowly floats back to center of the room her face looks weary and sad as her rage subsides and she says "You say you do not serve the betrayers, and perhaps you don't. These others thought to plunder this place. Why are you here if not as invaders or thieves?" The air warms, becoming only slightly chilled.
Arcamion
 player, 43 posts
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 21:26
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
"As stated we have come seeking answers for what has happened to the Gods and how to correct this. she calmly says

Glad that she was able to calm the spirit for she didn't wish to become a frozen statue like these others.
Narrator
 GM, 61 posts
 Omnipotent Fuckbringer
 Lord of Shenanigans
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 04:21
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
"If you truly wish to correct the evil that took place here, then I will tell you the tale, but only on the condition that you all swear an oath to that effect." She hold out her staff and tells you to take hold of it if you accept.

religion (or intelligence) checks if you accept her offer
Dust
 player, 42 posts
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 04:32
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
Dust step forward... Fearing he knows what happened.. " I can swear ive no intentions to plunder, what evil transpired here?" Dust approaches calmly and examines the staff.
K.Religion 21
Forge
 player, 49 posts
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 04:45
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
In reply to Narrator (msg # 126):

*Grips the tip of the staff of his own choice as he seeks the knowledge of what happened.*

(Knowledge 16 Religion)
Arcamion
 player, 45 posts
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 12:12
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
08:10, Today: Arcamion rolled 26 using 1d20+7.  Knowledge Religion Check .

Looking at her and then that staff, then she looked at the statues to see if any of them had their hands out. If not then she would take hold of the staff, but if so then she wouldn't be foolish.
Narrator
 GM, 62 posts
 Omnipotent Fuckbringer
 Lord of Shenanigans
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 13:29
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
None look like they were grabbing a staff.
Rixthar
 player, 35 posts
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 20:48
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
Rixthar though first and acted second. Still he reached out his hand, near (but not on) the staff. "You have my word, I would not defile the dead, nor exploit their misfortune"

15:45, Today: Rixthar rolled 22 using 1d20+4.  Intelligence (Religion).
Narrator
 GM, 63 posts
 Omnipotent Fuckbringer
 Lord of Shenanigans
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 00:49
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
She looks at Rixthar's hand and says "In order for for you to fully understand the weight of this tale you must actually grasp the staff."
Rixthar
 player, 39 posts
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 20:52
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
Not seeing any folly in grasping the staff, Rixthar placed his hand upon it and grasped it lightly. "You have my word, I would not defile the dead or exploit their tragedy."
Narrator
 GM, 66 posts
 Omnipotent Fuckbringer
 Lord of Shenanigans
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 20:57
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
"The story of this temple is the story of the very world you inhabit. It began long ago with a man born to the gods that turned against them" As she speaks the walls around you begin to fade away. You are now looking at strange buildings, taller than even the tallest palace, that sparkle and shine in the sunlight. You hear laughter and joyous music mixed with the sounds of many conversations overlapping, and you have a deep feeling that this is a peaceful place. Suddenly pillars of fire erupt from the ground, and buildings begin to fall. You hear screams of panic and fear as the world is reduced to ash and ruin. Then it all fades away to a new scene of a forest more lush and green than any of you have set eyes on before.

Built among the tree branches are walkways and houses. Elves of every kind travel between them, even the Drow mingle with the other elves in peace. Then more fire begins to burn the trees, so hot you can feel the heat as if you were sitting next to it, and an elven army gathered before a great shadow. The army splits with many of the Drow moving forward to kneel before the shadow. Behind the elves appear many lights that move to protect the elves that remain as the shadow spews fire at them, many of the lights wink out, with those that remain growing brighter and brighter before vanishing along with the elven army. The vision speeds up now showing world after world consumed by the fire from the shadow.

You see worlds filled with all varieties of creatures, more and more lights gathering each time attempting to hold back the shadow, and each time a few choose to kneel before it. Finally the vision slows on a world very similar to the first, the only difference is that this world seems to have already been through many terrible battles, and in this world lights brighter than before mingle among the people even before the shadow arrives, the other lights and their refugees joining them soon after. When the chaos begins they stand before the shadow holding it back for what you feel must be many years, the lights from previous visions, now dimmed, huddle far behind them gathering their strength. Eventually this worlds lights begin to fade away one by one until only one remains, growing brighter and brighter with each of it's comrades passing. While the battle was being fought the dimmed lights regained some of their strength and gather the assembled people from all the worlds together and vanish once again.

Now the vision focuses on the remaining light and the shadow. The shadow becomes a man of average height wearing a coat that looks to be made of fine cloth his dark brown hair, once slicked back, is now disheveled. Some of his hair and a few spots on his clothes have been frozen. The light becomes a heavily built taller man with snow white hair despite his young face. He wears a scale mail shirt with a fur lined collar that is singed and smoking and black pants made of a material you have never seen before. They both look exhausted but still manage to attack each other, the shadow throwing his fire and the light with spears of ice. This back and forth continues for a while before a portal opens behind the man of light and the woman from the room steps through, grabs him, and they jump back through closing the portal behind them.

You can now see the temple with the city around it in the middle of an attack. You see the dead soldiers from outside alive and battling before you are drawn inside the temple, where you see a group of people gathered around the altar, the man held in place upon it but no weapons float within. The man upon the altar struggles against his bonds and pleads "Bothers, sisters don't do this! Completing this ritual will make us no better than our enemy! He is weakened and the boy can stand as his equal thanks to his friends sacrifices. With our help this evil can end and we can all live in peace once again." A muscular man with long white hair and thick beard wearing a toga steps forward and addresses the group "This is the only way to guarantee victory. We have already considered your proposal and it is too risky. His followers have already managed to build this empire to usher him into our sanctuary. This is our only option, however, we can have no doubts during the ritual so if you cannot go through with this then leave now." Some of in the group look down in shame but none turn away. The group forms a circle with a few touching the altar and begin their ritual.

You now find yourselves in the room where the woman stands. She is trapped in a barrier trying to get to where the runed door stood, but instead of a door you see a room with the man of light held down by chains of energy. She is shouting for mercy but too no avail, as from the stairway behind her a fiery energy swiftly flows through the room and covers the man. He screams in agony, trying to break his bonds as the energy absorbs into him, runes appear in the air as the door begins to fade into existence. Once the door is fully formed the woman throws her arms into the air staff in hand and begins a ritual of her own. You can feel your very being burn with every word said, before a pulse is released from her.

You see her standing as you found her as the vision fades and you find yourselves back in the room, looking at your hands you see a sigil like a mountain that glows a light blue has appeared. The woman says "The shadow that ruined all those worlds is known to us only as Scorch, and the man that stood against him was a demigod of my original world known as Kratos. The betrayers that bound him were those you call gods, the fled their worlds hoping to find a safe haven. Scorch wanted to destroy all the gods and their creations and remake the multiverse in his image. The gods merged him with Kratos fusing them forever, then they sealed him here in fear of this new existence's retaliation. I gave my life to seal some of the gods power in the altar above. You are now bound by your oath, the mark you bear is a sign of this covenant. Destroy the altar and it will restore Pelor who was the only god that staid true to his convictions, and as his punishment for defying the others he was made part of this vile ritual. His revival will release the seal then you will be free to go as you please, but if you betray me you will feel pain like you have never felt before. She fade a bit and says "I can remain in this world no longer if you have further questions ask them quickly."
Narrator
 GM, 67 posts
 Omnipotent Fuckbringer
 Lord of Shenanigans
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 05:57
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
I know it's a lot to read so here are the bullet points if you don't wanna read my fine narrative.

Bad guy whom you only know as Scorch because that is what the Elf girl knows him as tried and largely succeeded in destroying the multiverse.

Something the gods of Scorches world did to him pissed him off enough that he started his multiversal murder spree.

The gods of these different worlds ran because they couldn't beat him eventually ending up in a world of beings capable of putting up a fight.

The fight dragged on while the other gods built up strength and escaped with what was left of the various races and creatures.

After escaping to this new world that should have been protected from Scorch, who was weakened from fighting Kratos another deific being that was powered up through his friends sacrifices, they found out that Scorch had followers among the mortals.

The followers built what is now known as the Old Empire in order to bring Scorch to this final protected world.

The scared shitless gods came up with a ritual to bind Scorch inside Kratos effectively fusing them into a whole new being at the cost of Pelor's life.

This pissed off elf girl who seemed to have some serious magic mojo and she froze time in and around the temple and trapped a few of the gods essences inside of the altar at the cost of her life.

You are now tasked with destroying the altar to resurrect Pelor who can then break the seal on Kratos and the temple to restore the world to normal.

Due to swearing an oath to break the spell on the temple and grabbing the staff you now have some sort of magical mark as a sign of said oath.

Elf girl is running out of energy so if you have questions ask quickly.
Rixthar
 player, 40 posts
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 10:49
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
OOC: I had thought for sure I posted already. MY apologies

Rixthar wrinkled his face compulsory, though he seemed rather sobered and stoic by the look of his eyes and their solid firmness.

"Infinity's end, and a return to a battle older than time. Certainly I am honored and dutiful to fulfill this investment.

Yet, Pelor is the antithesis of both death and undeath. The two lesser domains of the Ruby Sorceress, my liege. It is with a struggle of diverse loyalties that I must favor the greater good in this peril of worlds and eternity itself. Indeed the failing of the Lady so Stern were in her depredations with such ill magic.


He clutches a fist in the opposite hand, giving simple gesture to skull and flame (the symbol of Wee Jas) and then fist open to slide his open hands, as is ridding them of ash and dust.

"Before you go, do impart upon us the most effective and succinct explanation of the altar's destruction. Shall it simply crack as the mass of its apparent composition? That is, will Forge's weapon rend it asunder? Or is it more complexly fortified?
Arcamion
 player, 46 posts
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 11:15
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
Looking at the figure

What's you name?
as to find the answer would help in aiding later when the sun god returns.
Narrator
 GM, 68 posts
 Omnipotent Fuckbringer
 Lord of Shenanigans
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 02:39
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
"My name is Birona, and although the altar appears as glass it is still stone."
Rixthar
 player, 41 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 05:56
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
Rixthar simply nods. A dower expression on his face. "We shall destroy it then. Forge?" he replies, his last word a cue to the warforged.
Narrator
 GM, 69 posts
 Omnipotent Fuckbringer
 Lord of Shenanigans
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 11:56
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
She can hold on no longer and fades away with one last whisper of advice on the wind "He may not be the same person but I believed in him in life and will do so in death. I leave the rest to you."
Arcamion
 player, 47 posts
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 03:43
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
With her name being said it may be something to help the trapped God remember who he is and what he is suppose to do.

Fighting the Shadow may be something he will need reminded and pray that he don't fall to the other side.

Watching as the spirit fades and leaving only her memory upon the group, Arcamion looked to the others.

"What do you think we should do now?
Rixthar
 player, 42 posts
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 04:52
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
"Break the altar I presume." Rixthar replies.
Forge
 player, 51 posts
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 06:44
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
In reply to Rixthar (msg # 142):

*After pausing way to long and processing the events before him and nods to Rixthar.*

"BREAK THIS ALTER, WE SHALL!"

*Drawing out his two blades he will strike the Alter until it falls before his many blows. Those wishing to help him are welcome to do so.*
Narrator
 GM, 70 posts
 Omnipotent Fuckbringer
 Lord of Shenanigans
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 07:27
Loss, and a Mysterious Temple
Eventually the altar crack and then splits in an explosion of magic. The group is push back a short distance but is otherwise unharmed as the temple and it's contents are shredded around you. When everything is over only a large hole, the stone stairs that lead down to the sealing room, and the door sealing Kratos remain of the temple and a newly reformed Pelor stands where the altar once stood. You are unable to speak as he thanks you for restoring him. You then find yourselves following him down the stairs to the hole. The statues and Birona have vanished with the temple and Pelor walks over, places a hand on the door, and closes his eye. A moment later the runes flare brightly then fade followed shortly after by the door, but instead of the man from the vision you see a child with white hair and eyes the color of fire standing before you. Pelor leans down and produces a cloak to wrap the boy in. He then takes the boy's hand as a portal opens and they step through. The marks on your hands vanish, your oath fulfilled.