[IC] Chapter 2 - Amazonia.   Posted by Gamemaster.Group: 0
J.C. Blaine
 player, 45 posts
 Inner Warrior Will Rise
 Securing Shetarri Ties
Fri 21 Jul 2017
at 09:38
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
JC nodded at Thierry but was intrigued.  Some time since he had walked the jungle paths?  He wondered where in the world the man came from, and resolved to ask him as soon as was possible.  For now, he took one quick look, found a direction, and started to head that way.  "That is good.  Perhaps you can tell me what to look out for and what to avoid," he said as he walked.
Leviathan
 GM, 53 posts
Sat 22 Jul 2017
at 09:29
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
It doesn't take long to see that, this is not America, as these sorts of trees do not grow anywhere on that part of the continent.  The stream leads to a river, and the jungle is so dense that you find yourselves in a constant battle against the thorn hooked brambles which guard each direction.  You feel almost as if you are being herded towards the stream, and down to the river, however, the canopy above indicates that it might be possible to traverse the jungle from a slightly higher altitude than the ground.  Of note however, the sounds of enemy combatants no longer reaches your ears.
Dylan Lleu
 player, 30 posts
 Enlightened Human
 Psychic
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 08:14
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
Dylan climbs a tree, perching himself in a manner that allowed him to sit back and relax some.  Having just spent a few years trying to get away from humanity, it was a pleasant surprise to find himself precisely where he'd wanted to be for so long.  The only flaw being that... there wasn't a convenient store nearby for when he got hungry, and he wasn't really someone that could live off the land.  Though not currently hungry, he caught himself looking around for fruits that the local vegetation might be providing.
J.C. Blaine
 player, 46 posts
 Inner Warrior Will Rise
 Securing Shetarri Ties
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 18:57
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
JC looked up and indicated the trees to Thierry.  If they were going to make any kind of headway, they needed a different approach, and the treetops might well provide them.  Before starting, however, JC took a look around him, just to get a sense of direction, and also to see if there were any dangers in terms of insects and the like.


[OOC: 19:55, Today: J.C. Blaine rolled 12 using the Unisystem system (1d10+9) with rolls of 3.  Notice].
Thierry James St'Claire
 player, 19 posts
 Solitaire nan Solitude
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 05:44
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
Thierry's grimace turns into a frown but he remains cautiously alert. He was still unsure of the situation and had to check is Essence reserves in case anything more happened. Their are options he could take, but none seemed to be wiser that patience at the moment.

He nods to J.C. and keeps an eye on Dylan but takes the time to check everything he needs to keep track of.

"Does anyone 'ave a watch?" He inquires in the midst of his musings.
Leviathan
 GM, 54 posts
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 09:33
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
Everything remains generally quiet as JC gazes upwards, scouting for dangers.  None visible, he struggles to locate the sun amidst the thick canopy, and assuming the time of day is unchanged, feels confident that the gurgling stream... the only real landmark to base direction off of, is to the east.  Every other direction is just deeper into the jungle.

Several minutes of exploration turn into an hour rather quickly, and somehow, you all find yourselves back at the tree where Andrew and Dylan seem a bit revived and rested.  From the river return the two women who tell you that the stream converges on a river about a hundred meters down.

[OOC: Essence reserves for everyone should be back to full by now.]
Dylan Lleu
 player, 31 posts
 Enlightened Human
 Psychic
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 13:18
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
Dylan smiles, feeling much rested, but rather than climb down the tree, he levitates upwards, getting his head well above the canopy of leaves to take a look-see around the area, and determine in which direction they should go to return to some form of civilization.  For the first time, he appears almost in his element, a smile on his face as he closes his eyes and feels the breeze comb through his hair before he disappears above the canopy.

[OOC: MindHands Strength 5 to float upwards at 10mph (No essence required)]
J.C. Blaine
 player, 47 posts
 Inner Warrior Will Rise
 Securing Shetarri Ties
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 17:49
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
From JC's perspective, they were on an island.  He did not know which one, but to him, it was a densely populated (in terms of flora) island.  It was mildly frustrating to have arrived back to their starting point, but at least the ladies had news.  About to ask Thierry if he wanted to go check out the new location, JC witnessed Dylan rise up and disappear almost from sight above the trees.  Hopefully, he would get a better lay of the land and they could start mapping (if only in their heads), how big this place was.
Andrew Perros
 player, 11 posts
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 19:49
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
While the others had rested and explored Andrew found himself a seat on the root of a nearby tree and sat quietly waiting for the others, watching and listening for any signs of danger. He had spent time in many places in the past but this was by far the densest jungle he had ever been in.
Leviathan
 GM, 55 posts
Mon 31 Jul 2017
at 15:41
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
Dylan's birds eye view of the surroundings confirms his fears...  There is jungle in every direction, for as far as the eye can see.  A river to the east snakes northeast to southwest, but to the northwest, wifts of smoke can be seen, indicating some sort of civilization, since the area is too moist for random fires to be lighting up.
Dylan Lleu
 player, 32 posts
 Enlightened Human
 Psychic
Tue 1 Aug 2017
at 10:37
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
As Dylan returned to the surface, dropping through the canopy and navigating the branches to the ground below, he set down near to J.C., "I got smoke over in that direction", he stated, pointing to the northwest, "though getting there could be difficult.  Meanwhile the stream here leads to a winding river that snakes through the jungle... and the jungle... I can't see its borders...", he finished hesitatingly, not enjoying being the bearer of bad news.
J.C. Blaine
 player, 48 posts
 Inner Warrior Will Rise
 Securing Shetarri Ties
Tue 1 Aug 2017
at 12:11
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
JC frowned at this bit of news, as it kind of confirmed his idea of where they were in terms of this being an island, and probably an isolated one, too.  The smoke coming from the North West might be a good sign, but they would only know once they checked it out and from what Dylan said and he and Thierry's own scouting, it would, indeed, prove difficult to get there.

"Can you tell if the stream joins anywhere other than through the jungle and perhaps to where the smoke is coming from?  If we can get there by the stream, it would make things a whole lot easier," he said in hope.
Thierry James St'Claire
 player, 20 posts
 Solitaire nan Solitude
Tue 1 Aug 2017
at 20:16
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
"Smoke usually means civilization. Its a start." He runs a hand across his head and contemplates their situation. It wasn't...ideal. But it wasn't terrible as of yet. They had some leeway to check things out before going up a level in panic.

"We head there first ya?"
Andrew Perros
 player, 12 posts
Tue 1 Aug 2017
at 20:30
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
Andrew stands up knocking various things from his pants, "Very well then, If everyone is up for it I suggest we get started."
Dylan Lleu
 player, 33 posts
 Enlightened Human
 Psychic
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 14:24
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
Dylan shakes his head in response to J.C., "The canopy is too thick, I can't see where the stream goes, only that it seems to come out at the river.  Want I should scout ahead, and see where the stream leads?  Though I doubt it will be easier to traverse than the jungle floor itself..."
J.C. Blaine
 player, 49 posts
 Inner Warrior Will Rise
 Securing Shetarri Ties
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 11:18
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
JC thought about it for a moment or two before finally shaking his head in the negative.  "It would be nice to map out some of this island, if only so that we know how big it is, but the consensus seems to be heading towards the smoke, and I would not like to split us up until we get into a clearing where we can see each other better.  Maybe we can get back to the stream once we've investigated where the smoke is coming from," he replied, and started in the direction they needed to go.
Leviathan
 GM, 56 posts
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 12:30
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
The brambles are dense, thorny, and it does not take long before everyone... except Dylan... has ripped clothing, and scrapes which admittedly heal quite quickly amongst this group.  Dylan has an easy time navigating through the trees from a higher elevation, flying at speeds comparable to a bird.  Periodically disappearing above the canopy to insure the direction to the smoke is not lost.

[I assume Dylan, that you keep flying since it costs no essence to do so... meanwhile, I will post again tomorrow if there are no replies... just giving people a chance to change the monologue a but on this trek (should they have alternative means to travel or start hacking away at the brambles)]
Leviathan
 GM, 57 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 09:20
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
Progress is snail-like against the intensity of the jungle floor.  For what you would guess to be a couple of hours, you basically push through the thickness of vines in the area, creating an open path through the jungle floor as brambles are ripped through.  Ahead you see an elevated area, with white rocks protruding above the shrub line.  Without any reduction in intensity, it's quite surprising when suddenly, your path is clear.  The brambles go no further up this rocky hill side, and the canopy of leaves lightens a bit as trees become more sparse.  Before you is a bubbling stream that seems to curve to the northeast and southwest.  Based on the northeastern current, it's easy to assume that if this isn't the same stream you started at, it at leasts runs into the other stream.  According to Dylan's bird's eye view, you've covered about half the distance to the smoke, which seems to have disappeared as if the fires had been stifled.

[Sorry about the delay, work-issues which dragged on into the weekend :(]
J.C. Blaine
 player, 50 posts
 Inner Warrior Will Rise
 Securing Shetarri Ties
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 16:44
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
JC studied all before him as a way to try and memorise the area, then looked up to see where Dylan was.  It was good that they had finally emerged from the brambles and brush, but it looked as though they still had quite a journey ahead of them.  JC called out to Dylan.  "What do you see?  Is there a quick way to traverse the area to get to the place where the smoke is coming from?" he asked.


[OOC: No worries. Lev.  We understand you got to work].
Andrew Perros
 player, 15 posts
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 14:24
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
Andrew makes his way up the hill and out of the worst of the jungle trying to get a better lay of the surrounding as he reaches the top. "This would be a good place to rest if any need to."
Dylan Lleu
 player, 34 posts
 Enlightened Human
 Psychic
Mon 21 Aug 2017
at 09:57
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
"Quick?  No, I can't see the ground for the trees, but if we stop now, I'm not sure I'll be able to keep track of where the smoke was coming from... it's stopped and I only have a general idea of which direction to go...", Dylan replied to the 2 men as he lowered himself to the ground.
J.C. Blaine
 player, 52 posts
 Inner Warrior Will Rise
 Securing Shetarri Ties
Tue 22 Aug 2017
at 09:46
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
JC paused for just a moment, then replied to Dylan and Andrew.  "I, for one, am quite happy to push on to reach our objective, but if any need to stop, we'll take a very quick break, say five minutes at the most.  If we want to get to where the smoke is, we cannot afford more than that, especially if the smoke seems to be dying out," he said, taking in everyone.
Leviathan
 GM, 59 posts
Tue 22 Aug 2017
at 13:13
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
The open was indeed a good place to take a rest, as it had taken several hours already for only being half-way, and that indicated several more to come.  However at this point, the sun was so high in the sky that your shadows were almost non-existent beneath your feet.  Droplet of sweat dripped from every part of the body, and clothing was becoming sickeningly damp all over.  Finding some decent tree shade, a quick pause is taken, as you realize that... there is no water, no food... nothing but the shade to help you recover from your trek, or to energize you to trek further.
Dylan Lleu
 player, 35 posts
 Enlightened Human
 Psychic
Tue 22 Aug 2017
at 14:53
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
Dylan made it a point to never be in direct sunlight for more than the brief moment it would take to orientate himself to their destination.  The wide open area was something he avoided almost vampirically.  Lowering his cap a bit, pushing his sunglasses further up his nose, he raced from shadow to shadow in staying with his allies.  As they rested, he perched himself in the branches above, waiting patiently for the continuation of the journey.
Thierry James St'Claire
 player, 23 posts
 Solitaire nan Solitude
Fri 1 Sep 2017
at 16:22
[IC] Chapter 2: Amazonia
"Dis situation grows unte'able. At dis point I am considering a bigger gate. A ritual should suffice" Thierry had weathered the trek well enough. But he was clearly starting to flag. As they took their break he pulled out a small ceramic bowl and a pinch of tobacco which he swiftly lit with a match and a muttered prayer. He doesn't do anything with it, simply lets it burn next to him as he considers their situation.