[001] An Offer of Work.   Posted by Game Master.Group: 0
Gabriella Conti
 player, 45 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 00:43
[001] An Offer of Work
Gabby walks over to Monsieur Lecoq "Greeting Gabriella Conti, I am Gabriella Conti, a linguist that was hired. I can't wait to see what is out there. Have you made many trips like this?"

19:51, Today: Gabriella Conti rolled 9 using 3d6.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:52, Wed 02 Aug 2017.

Peter Stewart
 player, 85 posts
 Charisma 1
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 01:03
[001] An Offer of Work
Peter offered the others a small smile before settling down for dinner, being hungrier than he realized.
Patience
 player, 48 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 01:15
[001] An Offer of Work
Patience is already sitting at the table, with a heaping pile of meat on her plate and not much else.    She glances up as the others come in. "'lo," she says, through a mouth full of food.
Artemis P. Fox, Esq.
 player, 64 posts
 Antiquities Professor
 Cambridge University
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 02:43
[001] An Offer of Work
   The Professor was one of the last people to enter the dining room, the smell of food like a siren's call on him. After quickly observing the seat situation and catching sight of the woman - Patience, if he remembered correctly, talking around a mouthful of food. He tsked out of habit as he found a place near His Lordship and sat down.

   He took the napkin that the cutlery had been wrapped in and placed one end underneath his chin as the plate was placed in front of him. He took a moment to savour the smell, enjoying it thoroughly before he took the knife and fork and began eating. He ate some of the mutton first while he thought, then swallowed before he asked: "Mister Lecoq, has anyone been to Zezura, recently? Seems that about the only way to find the place is to stumble over it."


20:39, Today: Artemis P. Fox, Esq. rolled 8 using 3d6.  Rolling 3D6.
Ilse Stoica
 player, 34 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 14:42
[001] An Offer of Work
Ilse listened as the others asked questions, but was impressed by the meal and ate quietly.

09:39, Today: Ilse Stoica rolled 15 using 3d6.  rolling 3d6
Dr. Pernell Lecoq
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 21:16
[001] An Offer of Work
"I'm headed south," Lecoq says between bites. "Researching rumors of another complex of burial structures. Another Valley of the Kings, you might say." He lights a cigarette, then takes a drink. "To answer your question, Ms. Conti, a great many, yes. I've been living in Egypt since," he pauses, mentally calculating. "Well, as long as I can remember, I suppose. I arrived before the War. I served in the British army," he adds. "As a translator." He nods to Gabriella.

After a while, when conversation turns to Zezura, he looses a chuckle. "Been telling stories again, Charles? He takes a drink of wine. Charles frowns, but doesn't respond. "Zezura is a myth, Monsieur Professeur." He lights another cigarette, leaning back in his chair. "According to the legend, Zezura was built in the desert as a holy city to Set. No doubt the natives will be happy to take your money. Er, rather, take to you Zezura for enough money." He laughs.

OOC: Despite what Lecoq says, he appears to be somewhat disingenuous about both where he is headed and what he believes regarding Zezura.
Ma Itso Boggs
 player, 71 posts
 Quiet & Observant
 Steady & strong willed
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 22:02
[001] An Offer of Work
That would be most intriguing ... would these be earlier kings or later kings than those in the currently known valley of the kings?
Dr. Pernell Lecoq
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 00:02
[001] An Offer of Work
"Presumably more recent," Lecoq says with a roll of his shoulders.
Gabriella Conti
 player, 47 posts
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 02:05
[001] An Offer of Work
"I figure it would not hurt to look at the area from a historical point of view. I should be able to do any translating that is required"
Patience
 player, 50 posts
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 03:34
[001] An Offer of Work
"A holy city to set what?" Patience asks between bites.  "Like, the sun?  The Egyptians were all about the sun, I think," she asserts, feeling the need to affirm that she's not entirely out of her depth here.
Gabriella Conti
 player, 49 posts
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 01:28
[001] An Offer of Work
I thought Set was the evil god" she says as she puts her hand to her chin. "Do we have any religious medals?"
Ilse Stoica
 player, 35 posts
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 13:56
[001] An Offer of Work
A legendary city to an evil god, surely nothing remotely bad could come of this. Katie dabbed her napkin against her mouth before speaking. "So, if it is dedicated to an evil god, it has possibly been lost to history vor a reason."
Peter Stewart
 player, 86 posts
 Charisma 1
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 14:06
[001] An Offer of Work
Peter looked up. "Set was the god of the desert, storms, and violence, but in Egyptian occult symbolism he was a protector and guardian against Apep, the serpent of Chaos. At one point he was even the chief god of the pantheon, and several Pharohs named themselves after him.

"However, he was also the god of foreigners, so when Egypt was conquered by... I want to say the Assyrians... his meaning with the Egyptian natives changed to reflect the foreign oppression. His negative aspects were emphasized."
He looked towards the desert. "So I suppose the nature of this city's temples depend on when it was built. Before the tenth century, Set was protector of Ra. After, he was the killer of Osiris. So it always is with warriors, yes?"

ooc: Occult roll to know the mystic significance of Set and its evolution - success

This message was last edited by the player at 14:09, Tue 08 Aug 2017.

Artemis P. Fox, Esq.
 player, 66 posts
 Antiquities Professor
 Cambridge University
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 15:17
[001] An Offer of Work
   Fox clapped slowly and softly as Stewart finished. "Well said, Sir. You do seem to know your Aeyptian mythology. Bravo."
Ma Itso Boggs
 player, 75 posts
 Quiet & Observant
 Steady & strong willed
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 17:22
[001] An Offer of Work
Ma Itso smiled and nodded at Mr. Stewart's recitation of the history.
Gabriella Conti
 player, 50 posts
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 02:01
[001] An Offer of Work
"So I guess like those old gods, they all had they good and bad points"
Game Master
 GM, 100 posts
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 14:02
[001] An Offer of Work
Lecoq smiles his amusement at Patience, but it is Preston who speaks. "Indeed, Ms. Stoica. It may have been lost to history for a very good reason indeed." The Frenchman shakes his head as if in disbelief that anyone would support the preposterous notion that the city exists, let alone that gods are somehow a realistic threat. Nevertheless, Sir Charles continues. "However, Ms. Conti is also correct. Like all gods, there each god has many faces. I do not believe," he turns to Lecoq, "that an ancient Egyptian god has literally cursed a city in the Sahara, of course. But I do believe that such a city exists and, if we discover it, much of history may be re-written."

"Your greater concern," the French Egyptologist points out, "are the desert itself, to say nothing of hostile natives. The Berbers of the area are unfriendly to each other, and hate Europeans with a passion." Preston nods his agreement.

OOC: When you're all ready, we can move on to the next scene, the trip down the Nile to Cairo. Let me know if there is anything specific you're going to need for the trip. Preston will be supplying writing/ drawing supplies, a camera, funds for purchasing camels or horses in Egypt, food, water, bribes, etc.
Gabriella Conti
 player, 53 posts
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 01:39
[001] An Offer of Work
Gabby would request some clothing more suitable to the desert.
Game Master
 GM, 101 posts
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 12:35
[001] An Offer of Work
OOC: Er, yeah sorry. Appropriate clothing would also be provided to all, as well. That should have been on the list.
Peter Stewart
 player, 88 posts
 Charisma 1
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 15:42
[001] An Offer of Work
Peter will ask for some basic camel riding lessons.
Ma Itso Boggs
 player, 78 posts
 Quiet & Observant
 Steady & strong willed
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 16:10
[001] An Offer of Work
Ma Itso wants some basic survival gear, a mirror, a magnifying glass, blankets, water jugs etc.  Perhaps a bit more ammunition to replace what he used at least. Maps have been mentioned, as have compasses.  A basic phrase book might be of use too. Such information as is available on this city ... rumors included.
Camels were not a choice he would have made, but will do his best with them.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:11, Mon 14 Aug 2017.

Gabriella Conti
 player, 55 posts
Tue 15 Aug 2017
at 01:44
[001] An Offer of Work
She will ask for some extra ammo for her pistol and a shotgun if they have one.
Ilse Stoica
 player, 36 posts
Sun 20 Aug 2017
at 16:30
[001] An Offer of Work
Ilse would prefer using a horse to a camel, and would only be looking for some non-silver ammunition for her crossbow.
Artemis P. Fox, Esq.
 player, 72 posts
 Antiquities Professor
 Cambridge University
Sun 20 Aug 2017
at 20:26
[001] An Offer of Work
   The Professor will agree with Mr Boggs on the matter of supplies - basic supplies for the trip (food, water, grog...) as well as ammunition for any weapons that we're carrying. Fox already carries a pair of binoculars carried over from his days as a Royal Marine, so looking for things shouldn't be a problem.

   Other than what's already been mentioned, that's about all I can think of.
Patience
 player, 60 posts
Tue 22 Aug 2017
at 04:57
[001] An Offer of Work
quote:
She will ask for some extra ammo for her pistol and a shotgun if they have one.

Oh, if she sees things like that being bought, Patience would ask if an extra pistol or rifle might be arranged for her, too, along with enough spare ammunition that Artemis can continue her `education'.