Crossroads.   Posted by Editor-in-Chief.Group: 0
Editor-in-Chief
 GM, 27 posts
Wed 14 Jun 2017
at 23:51
Crossroads
The Satyrs are scattered under the combined assault.  Only a few that had surrounded the portal remain.  Those that had been on the other buildings have abandoned their positions to defend the portal but they are too late.  Huntsman's explosion throws fire back out through the portal and the portal doubles in size for an instant before collapsing with a thunderclap.

In the aftermath there is silence.  The fountain is shattered the satyrs seem demoralized.  One Satyr is there that hadn't been there before.  He lays in the fountain steam and smoke drifting off of him.  HE is at least twice the heign of his companions and wears a heavy silver chain with a cracked ruby set in it.

The satyr opens stands slowly and eyes up its smaller brethren and the young heroes.  He points at Chimaerit "You were promised to us"
Chimaerit
 player, 42 posts
Thu 15 Jun 2017
at 00:45
Crossroads
As the portal swelled and finally caved in on itself, Chimaerit watched with wide-eyed fascination.  Such unusual situations were always valuable in their own way and every experience - the stranger, the better - added to her collective knowledge.  At her core, she was an AI intended to analyze and overwhelm superheroics, after all.  It was only natural she'd take a keen interest in such affairs.  Though the beleaguered statement from what she presumed to be the leader of the Satyr herd certainly held a great deal of her interest in and of itself.

"Do tell?  I am quite eager to hear the details behind such a claim." Chimaerit replied.  Despite the lull in the battle and the Satyrs clearly having lost their will to fight, she remained on guard.  She also felt a bit of inward smugness as it turned out the Satyrs could indeed be held in conversation, as she'd first suggested.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:24, Thu 15 June 2017.

Velocity
 player, 27 posts
 Alejandra Vazquez
Thu 15 Jun 2017
at 12:44
Crossroads
A blurry streak spun around Chimaerit and resolved itself into Velocity, in full fighting pose. "Yeah. Do tell. Tell all you want. But keep your distance. 'Cuz no one's taking Chimmmy from us."
Sarrisa
 player, 39 posts
 Natalie Cruz
Thu 15 Jun 2017
at 20:26
Crossroads
Sarrisa appeared quickly as well, a blur of speed that resolved as she stood still.

"I admit I'm curious about that, too,"
she said. "I don't think you can promise someone else to someone, or if they did, I'm sorry that this third party made a promise they couldn't keep.  But it's time to give up on it."
Richochet
 player, 35 posts
 Sasha Struck
Thu 15 Jun 2017
at 20:42
Crossroads
Ricochet watched the satyrs scatter after the explosion, blew a lock of hair out of her face and then stood up again with a sigh.

"Dis. A. Point." She turned to the larger one of their number and took a step closer to interposing herself between him and Chimaerit.
Gimmick
 player, 18 posts
 Teresa Vega
Thu 15 Jun 2017
at 23:26
Crossroads
Gimmick took a flanking position to the group, and struck a martial pose. She could not help, but notice the Power Rangers like configuration they were in. She said quietly to herself, "If, some one says Go, Go Power Rangers, or make my monster grow. I am out of here"


This message was last edited by the player at 23:27, Thu 15 June 2017.

Velocity
 player, 28 posts
 Alejandra Vazquez
Sun 18 Jun 2017
at 00:40
Crossroads
Velocity snorted at Gimmick and then, despite the danger and her own attempts to be a Very Serious HeroTM, started giggling.

She stage whispered at Gimmick: "Do Power Rangers have monsters that grow?"
Editor-in-Chief
 GM, 29 posts
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 23:23
Crossroads
The large Satyr stalked forward.  His smaller companions hung back for the time being.

"IN exchange for arcane knowledge we were promised a first born,  that debt has come due.  Come now or we will be forced to remove your companions and bring your forcefully"
Chimaerit
 player, 43 posts
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 23:59
Crossroads
As others of the team moved in her defense, Chimaerit gave a touched "Aww~!" under her breath with hands crossed over her heart.  There were few instances that allowed her to experience what humanity had deemed the "warm-and-fuzzies" phenomenon, but her companions gathering in solidarity sure did the trick.  Emotions in general were still a learning experience for her and she'd still yet to explore the full range of positive concepts... but negative ones, such as fear, she had already been taught quite well by those who encountered her.

"I apologize if there was any confusion.  You appear to be under a misconception regarding your present situation.  Allow me to clarify."  Chimaerit stated plainly.  As she spoke, her segmented tail swished down to scoop up a large chunk of concrete debris from the ruined fountain and passed it over into her hands.  She fiddled with the basketball-sized shard almost absentmindedly.  Direct conversation and polite requests didn't seem to do the trick, so she automatically moved on to the next step of diplomacy - a show of force.

"You are presently in no position to make demands or threats.  You will surrender yourselves peacefully and cooperate with interrogation, giving a full and honest account in reply to all questioning.  You and your group have committed several crimes.  If you cooperate, the consequences you face will be far more lenient."  the techno-critter explained at-length as she held the concrete fragment between her hands.  Without so much as the slightest bit of effort shown, she crushed it into powder in a jarring display of force, bluntly demonstrating just how gentle she'd been with the Satyrs she'd had in her grip earlier.

"Or you can continue to be uncooperative and things will become very unpleasant.  What is your decision?"



Chimaerit rolled 9 using 2d6+3
Be the Monster - intimidating the Satyr Boss

That's a hit, along with two additional effects because I rolled a 9.  GM's choice on how these effects occur and who they impact:

-You frighten others you had not intended to scare.
-You feel like more of a monster afterward; mark a condition

This message was last edited by the player at 00:03, Wed 21 June 2017.

Sarrisa
 player, 40 posts
 Natalie Cruz
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 00:00
Crossroads
"...but you and yours attacked the innocent," said Sarrisa.  "You thus have no right to be here, and no right to make demands.  The promise made to you cannot bind her.  You cannot have her.  I've already taken down many of your best.  How many losses are you willing to suffer for a promise that cannot be kept?"
Richochet
 player, 36 posts
 Sasha Struck
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 00:51
Crossroads
Ricochet shot the other girls a smirk, but managed to keep her giggles on the inside for the time being. She stood her ground as the Satyr came in. Once the others were finished making totally reasonable suggestions, she had one of her own to add.

"Hey, I think taking her is a great idea. You should totally try it. Especially now that the bystanders are out of the way and we can all cut loose." She punctuates her own suggestion with a quick stamp of her foot, leaving a spiderweb of cracks in the concrete about the size of a manhole cover around her.

[Any chance I can pass along another point of Team to bring Chimaerit's roll up to a 10?]
Editor-in-Chief
 GM, 30 posts
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 00:14
Crossroads
The large satyr hesitates and his flunkies seem to sense his hesitation. The whole group is disordered and aimless


Yeah go ahead and add to the roll Chimaerit only need one option now
Huntsman
 player, 23 posts
 Aaron Fletcher
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 02:44
Crossroads
Huntsman glanced back and forth between his team and Satyrs for a moment.  He’d mostly been trying to avoid drawing attention to himself after, apparently, having blasted a very nice fountain into water-spewing rubble.  The rest of the team seemed to have things well in hand, after all.  He just stood back, an arrow nocked though he’d yet to draw back on the string.  Bobbing his head slightly back and forth as if growing impatient and then spoke up.

“You could start by telling us who sold you on such a broken deal.” He offered, presenting a method they could cooperate that they shouldn’t object too strongly to.
Editor-in-Chief
 GM, 32 posts
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 14:14
Crossroads
"The Satyr though still off guard and uncertain scoffs at Huntsman, "Only a parent can promise a child"
Chimaerit
 player, 45 posts
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 20:38
Crossroads
Generally speaking, Chimaerit wasn't one to openly show emotions as easily as others did.  She lacked an instinctual physical response to display her feelings visually and, given her mechanical body, wasn't even capable of flinching or fidgeting.  So when a look of eye-narrowing annoyance crossed her face at the Satyr's reply, one could be certain it was so intense a feeling that she actually chose to make that clear to anyone around her.

"Professor..." Chimaerit sighed in open frustration.  She shook her horned head and looked back to the defeated goat-men.  "I am afraid you have been deceived.  Professor Alistair may be my "father", but he has no right to barter me to anyone.  Further, his goal has been to retrieve me for himself ever since I left his lab.  He would never give me up so easily.  He has conned you, surely knowing you would not be able to overwhelm me and my friends."

It was one thing for Professor Alistair to always be trying to track her down and bring her back into the villainous fold he'd originally developed her for, Chimaerit felt.  But to pawn her off as some kind of bargaining chip, whether or not he felt it would even happen?  Chimaerit couldn't quite put her finger on the emotion that roiled up inside her as she thought it over.  Not quite anger, not quite sadness... the feeling of betrayal was one she didn't recognize at all just yet.

"For what purpose did you agree to this deal?  Also, what was your intention in capturing innocents you held no misconceived claim to?"

Alright, with the extra Influence to boost that to a 10, Chimaerit will just take a Condition of the GM's choice.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:47, Sun 25 June 2017.

Gimmick
 player, 19 posts
 Teresa Vega
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 23:28
Crossroads
"My Poppa didn't stick around, but this is a whole bunch of Messed Up to the next level. No wonder she has some daddy issues." She realized she said it out loud, so she tried to be invisible.
Chimaerit
 player, 46 posts
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 23:40
Crossroads
As Gimmick lacked the super power of invisibility, she was still in range to catch Chimaerit give her a sour look over her chromed shoulder.  "I do not have "Daddy Issues"." she said with a harumph.  "If anything, Professor Alistair has "Daughter Issues"."
Editor-in-Chief
 GM, 33 posts
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 14:07
Crossroads
"Your father does not know we have come to claim oir price."

The Satyr looks outside as more heroes arrive.

"You uave many questions but it seems time is short.  We may strike a bargain, our liberty yo sate yoir curiosity"


The heroes outside seem content to wait for the time being but they won't wait forever for the situation to resolve.


Take angry chimaerit
Chimaerit
 player, 47 posts
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 14:33
Crossroads
Given Chimaerit's logical form of thinking, she often found herself increasingly frustrated with the - what she perceived to be - nonsensical way organic beings conducted themselves.  They were full of contradictions and ill-conceived ideas.  As the Satyr boss offered such a deal, it seemed to push the already slighted techno-critter a step too far.

"Again, you clearly do not understand your situation.  Allow me to clarify." Chimaerit echoed her earlier statement, though this time there was a disturbing reverberation of anger in her voice as she stepped past her circle of companions.  She stalked right to the Satyr boss, pale eyes aglow with the arcane energies that fueled her unnatural form.

"You are in no position to make demands." Chimaerit snarled and thrust out a mechanical hand to snag at the Satyr boss' horn, intent on yanking it painfully to the side to hold more than just his attention.  "You break into this realm, you threaten innocents and my friends, you make underhanded deals to kidnap me, and now you think you can barter your way to freedom?" her tone grew increasingly heated with each statement.  "I have been generous to you thus far, but your behavior has expended my patience entirely.

You will answer our questions now, or you will answer them after being taken in by Halcyon City authorities to face judgment for your crimes.  You have no other options."

Huntsman
 player, 24 posts
 Aaron Fletcher
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 16:01
Crossroads
“Hey, HEY! Huntsman said, gripping Chimaerit’s shoulder as tightly as he could, trying to make sure she would register it, “Tone it down a notch.  We don’t manhandle people after they surrender, Chimaerit, it kind of discourages people from surrendering.” He said, forcing a somewhat shaky smile.  Deep down, Aaron knew all too well that he wasn’t going to be able to physically stop his team mate if she really got going … heck, with her tail she could brush him off without even taking a backwards glance.

“If they’d rather tell their story to the authorities, that’s their right.  If anything important shakes out, it’ll get back to us.”

Editor-in-Chief
 GM, 34 posts
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 16:12
Crossroads
The large Satyr sucker punched Chimaerit as Huntsman tried to calm her down. The smaller ones seemed reinvigorated by their leaders aggressiveness. As a group they prepared to flee the area.



Chimaerit take a powerful blow
Chimaerit
 player, 48 posts
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 16:34
Crossroads
"They have not surrendered, Huntsman.  I refuse to let these miscreants think they can walk all over--" Chimaerit's attention was drawn over her shoulder by Huntsman's effort to talk her down.  All the opportunity the Satyr boss needed to deck her across the jaw with a resounding CLANG of his knuckles meeting the inner frame of her cybernetic form, only lightly covered by demonic flesh.

It hurt, sure, but Chimaerit's unnatural body didn't respond to pain or damage the same way organic beings' did.  She didn't so much as flinch or recoil from the blow, even as a purple bruise began to spread its way across her jaw.  Her gaze slowly shifted away from Huntsman back to the Satyr boss she still had a tight grip on, and she yanked upward to lift his hooves clear off the ground.

"I stand corrected.  There is always the option of pummeling you all into submission, isn't there?" she snarled, even as she inwardly warred with herself.  Huntsman was right to try and stop her - given the situation, she wasn't behaving as she normally would.  Too many personal feelings were tied up in that moment and Chimaerit allowed herself to become reckless.  A more logical and analytical part of her mind told her to stand down, to let the other heroes who had gathered step in, but it was silenced by the more impulsive and angry side that demanded immediate reaction.

Chimaerit rolled 8 using 2d6.  Taking a Powerful Blow.
+1 from the Condition I forgot to factor in on the roll makes it a 9.

Chimaerit struggles past the pain and marks 2 conditions: Guilty and Insecure

Chimaerit Directly Engages the Threat - intending to surprise, impress, or frighten
Chimaerit rolled 8 using 2d6+2.  Directly Engage a Threat.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:38, Mon 26 June 2017.

Richochet
 player, 37 posts
 Sasha Struck
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 18:27
Crossroads
While Chimaerit was dealing with the satyr leader, Ricochet decided to give her some space and put her attention on the big guy's followers. She did glance over as Chimaerit started raising her voice uncharacteristically, and then again when she heard the sound of flesh hitting flesh. A dash to her teammate's aid stopped in the middle of the first step as it became obvious Chimaerit wasn't the one who needed help.

It seemed Sasha's bravado was redundant at this point, and potentially extremely dangerous. Rather than continuing to suggest violence, Rico decided they needed a quick out before anything got really ugly. Looking from Chimaerit and the large satyr over to the smaller ones, she then turned to the adult heroes arriving on the scene and beckoned them over.

"I think we're done here. Ladies? Huntsman? Ready to go cool down?"
Velocity
 player, 30 posts
 Alejandra Vazquez
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 01:38
Crossroads
Velocity saw Chimaerit take the big hit and she zipped over to her friend and put a hand on her arm. "Hey," she said, "Chimmie. It's cool. You did all you could. Maybe time to let this one go, huh?"

Comforting/Soothing Chimaerit. Rolled a 12. She can clear a Condition, mark Potential, or shift Labels. I also add 1 Team to the Pool.
Sarrisa
 player, 41 posts
 Natalie Cruz
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 05:11
Crossroads
Sarrisa wasn't going to let the Satyrs escape-- they'd been attacking civilians before this!  The older heroes might be able to help contain them, but protecting the innocent was her role, too, and she rushed out at blinding speed to try and herd them back to the portal.

Unleash Your Powers.  A 7.  May I Mark a Condition, or would you rather decide?