The Gathering of Forces.   Posted by Fate.Group: 0
Rapture
 player, 44 posts
 Healer/Monk
 30HP 31AC 28FF 18Touch
Sat 15 Jul 2017
at 14:55
Re: The Gathering of Forces
Rapture watches the man sit and be accompanied by another man. Then approaches herself behind the troll. Pulling up a seat she sits between Gaylon and Apollo, "Hello! I hope I am not intruding, but I am also here about the job you posted. My name is Rapture." She said it with a smile as she spoke friendly and upbeat
Gaylon
 NPC, 3 posts
Sat 15 Jul 2017
at 17:14
Re: The Gathering of Forces
Gaylon pauses, spoon halfway to his mouth, and looks from one to the other of you. "Certainly a varied assortment of applicants." He chuckles. "Have the rest of you eaten your evening meal yet?" He looks around at the group. He then looks across the room to the tall, green skinned fellow calling himself 'Krull.' "You might as well join the rest of us, my good fellow." Gaylon waves to an empty chair, then sticks a spoonful of stew into his mouth.
Randar
 player, 28 posts
 HP 24 AC 22 FF 18 Tch 17
 Rogue-Swordsage
Wed 19 Jul 2017
at 14:42
Re: The Gathering of Forces
"Ale for now. Just got into town, so you learn to get something refreshing before contemplating a meal. But finish your meal by all means. We can wait" Randar says.
Krull
 player, 23 posts
Thu 20 Jul 2017
at 04:22
Re: The Gathering of Forces
Krull moves over and takes a seat with the group. He tries to take up as little room as he can. "You have work for all us?" Krull says as he looks to those gathered.
Rapture
 player, 45 posts
 Healer/Monk
 30HP 31AC 28FF 18Touch
Thu 20 Jul 2017
at 04:49
Re: The Gathering of Forces
Rapture obstains from eatting, having already ate her meal of the day. She sits silently waiting for him to finish his meal as they sit gathered. A smile on her face and a good posture.
Gaylon
 NPC, 4 posts
Thu 20 Jul 2017
at 15:19
Re: The Gathering of Forces
"As you wish," Gaylon replies to the halfling.

Turning to look at Krull, he answers. "There's work a plenty."

Raising an eyebrow at the lovely Satyr, the youth ask, "Dieting, my lady?" He smiles at her.

Seeing no one else wishing to partake of sustenance, Gaylon resumes eating in a hurried manner in an effort to return to business.
Rapture
 player, 46 posts
 Healer/Monk
 30HP 31AC 28FF 18Touch
Thu 20 Jul 2017
at 18:22
Re: The Gathering of Forces
Smiling she waves her hand and shakes her head, "Oh, no no, I am not dieting. I just simply ate enough for the day. I don't want to waste or gorge myself unnecessarily when someone else could use it more than I." she puts her hands back on her lap and looks across the table at everyone here. "Can I ask the nature of this job?"
Gaylon
 NPC, 5 posts
Thu 20 Jul 2017
at 18:40
Re: The Gathering of Forces
Finishing his stew, the young man wipes his mouth with a cloth and takes a drink from his tankard, leaning back into his chair as he does so.

"It depends," he shrugs. "My Master, who is the one actually hiring you, has a specific task in mind,yes, but he has first set some tests for any potential hires. Small jobs that will determine your fitness for the primary task."
Apollyon
 player, 30 posts
Fri 21 Jul 2017
at 01:32
Re: The Gathering of Forces
Apollyon gaves Gaylon a suspicious look.

Your master? I thought you are the person behind the job.

May i ask you who is he?

Gaylon
 NPC, 6 posts
Fri 21 Jul 2017
at 01:47
Re: The Gathering of Forces
"You may ask, but I am not yet at liberty to say," Gaylon said in answer. "My Master will meet with you himself, to set you your ultimate task. I am merely to watch and report on how you handle the small jobs he gives you. My Master acknowledges your right to commit suicide, but he does not feel he needs to aid you in doing so. So if you're expecting him to arbitrarily send you off on 'the grand quest,' you're in for a disappointment." The young man shrugged. "So he will judge your intelligence, wisdom, cunning and various strengths by seeing how you perform, and succeed, in your assignments."

Gylon smiles at you. "He may be less of a mystery to me than he is to you, but that doesn't mean that I understand all his reasoning for doing things the way he does. So I apologize if my answer is less than satisfying."
Rapture
 player, 47 posts
 Healer/Monk
 30HP 31AC 28FF 18Touch
Fri 21 Jul 2017
at 01:57
Re: The Gathering of Forces
The satyr girl smiled and took excitement to the challenge, "As long as I get pay or some type of reward for the time spent doing those tasks, I have no qualms! I'd be more than happy to preform and over come this test and challenge. I however can not allow my effort to be wasted and have those in need go unheard or without help while I waste my time! Is this okay? Even if not a lot, anything helps." her faced peered at Gaylon, it was obvious she was serious and would do what she had to, to see it through. The job itself after the tasks would be enough, but she needed to think just in case she didn't make the cut, especially if she herself had to fight a foe and wouldn't.
Gaylon
 NPC, 7 posts
Fri 21 Jul 2017
at 02:07
Re: The Gathering of Forces
Gaylon smiled at the satyr. "I assure you, good deeds will only endear you to my Master." He took up his tankard, but continued before drinking. "In fact, more than one of these small jobs benefits him in no way at all." He shrugged. "He has simply seized upon each case as an opportunity to test your abilities and do some general 'good' for the populace."

He raised his tankard and drank.
Rapture
 player, 48 posts
 Healer/Monk
 30HP 31AC 28FF 18Touch
Fri 21 Jul 2017
at 02:55
Re: The Gathering of Forces
Rapture smiled and looked content, "Well you can consider me abroad then!! However I must inform you, I will not harm or kill."
Randar
 player, 29 posts
 HP 24 AC 22 FF 18 Tch 17
 Rogue-Swordsage
Fri 21 Jul 2017
at 03:29
Re: The Gathering of Forces
Randar shrugs. "Not the first time I've been asked to jump through hoops. Just glad you're not asking me to wear the clown costume."
Gaylon
 NPC, 8 posts
Fri 21 Jul 2017
at 04:19
Re: The Gathering of Forces
"How you succeed in your mission is left to your discretion," Gaylon informed Rapture.

Turning to the halfling, Gaylon shook his head. "You shouldn't think of it as 'jumping through hoops,' master Randar. It is more a job application, if you will." He looked from one to the other. "My Master is not going to send you on his quest if he doesn't think you can survive it. Failure is not an option and your deaths would be a failure."

He gave a mirthless smile. "And death is a distinct possibility."
Apollyon
 player, 31 posts
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 02:53
Re: The Gathering of Forces
Apollyon nodded as the Satyr girl talked about payment. he was going to do this job even if there were no coins involved, but no one needed to know that. he was mostly looking for opportunities to develop his magical talent, and that could only come with experience.

''So you master is some kind of good person, here to make the world a better place. you will excuse me if i don't believe you, sir.''

Apollyon was a unredeemable skeptical, and he didn't waste time hiding his suspicious from what the elves considered to be lesser races.

''In any case, can you describe the particularities of the job or that is left to your master too?''

This message was last edited by the player at 02:54, Mon 24 July 2017.

Gaylon
 NPC, 9 posts
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 03:42
Re: The Gathering of Forces
Gaylon turned to look at the elf. "You misunderstand. My Master passes up may chances to 'do good,' as you say." The young man smiled. "Suffice it to say that he does not particularly care to do evil, or employ those that do. Though known to only a few well placed persons, he likes his reputation with them as it is."

He looked around the group, then back at the elf. "As I said, the different jobs are no more than tests of your various abilities, they were not chosen so that, through you, my Master might 'right the wrongs' of the world. As for the different 'jobs': The particulars of the true mission you will receive directly from him, but I shall supply you with the details of the various . . . test jobs."

He leaned back in his chair. "To the west of here, on the edge of the Gnarly Forest, along the road to Dyvers, there is a way-point where travelers and caravans pause for rest and food. The main establishment is called Barcus's Trader Inn. A gnome by the name of Barcus Thigwhistle is the proprietor. Word has reached my Master that some type of 'monster' is terrorizing the area." He shrugged. "The exact nature of the beast, or its exact atrocities is unknown. We shall travel there and discover what the problem might be and take care of it."

He lifted his tankard to drink.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:42, Mon 24 July 2017.

Rapture
 player, 49 posts
 Healer/Monk
 30HP 31AC 28FF 18Touch
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 03:47
Re: The Gathering of Forces
Rapture nodded "This is okay to me."
Randar
 player, 30 posts
 HP 24 AC 22 FF 18 Tch 17
 Rogue-Swordsage
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 06:37
Re: The Gathering of Forces
"Always good to put an Innkeeper in your debt" adds Randar.
Krull
 player, 24 posts
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 12:29
Re: The Gathering of Forces
Krull shrugs at the talk of good and bad. He normally tried to do his best to help others, granted not all were willing to accept his help. "Monster no problem. Krull handle for you"
Gaylon
 NPC, 10 posts
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 15:01
Re: The Gathering of Forces
Gaylon looks from one to the other as each dedicates them-self to the mission. "Very well," he nods. "We can leave in the morning . . . if all of you are ready. It's about two days west of here, about a day's journey shy of the small town of Maravan."
Randar
 player, 31 posts
 HP 24 AC 22 FF 18 Tch 17
 Rogue-Swordsage
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 16:41
Re: The Gathering of Forces
"Thunder and I will be ready" Randar says. He finds another table and orders hot bread and stew before retiring to his room.
Rapture
 player, 51 posts
 Healer/Monk
 30HP 31AC 28FF 18Touch
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 16:49
Re: The Gathering of Forces
The girl nods, "Sounds good to me." with that she went to the innkeep and purchased a simple small room to stay, retiring early so she may have time in the morning to prepare her spells.
Apollyon
 player, 32 posts
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 22:50
Re: The Gathering of Forces
''I'm ready to show this beast my magical skills.

Should we go now?''

Randar
 player, 33 posts
 HP 24 AC 22 FF 18 Tch 17
 Rogue-Swordsage
Sat 5 Aug 2017
at 11:16
Re: The Gathering of Forces
From across a few tables, one can see the halfling slap his forehead and mutters something about heads only good for holding a hat up....