A downwards path.   Posted by Snow.Group: 0
Mendez
 player, 83 posts
Thu 16 Nov 2017
at 11:03
Murzarg Village
He shrugs, well he wasn't sure which god would be better anyway really..

He smiles, and half-bows respectfully. 'I'm Mendez, this is Oskar and this is Silest. We are adventurers, looking for any priests who might be interested in some exploring. Nothing too incredibly dangerous, we've done a few things but good for those who might be looking to hone their skills perhaps, if you know anyone who might be interested...
Graggston
 NPC, 1 post
 Cleric of Kord
Thu 16 Nov 2017
at 11:38
Murzarg Village
The women shouts out if anybody is interested in helping some adventurers with some exploration.

A large black half-orc steps forth from a set of weights he was bench pressing, he carries a tunic of the God of Kord, and has a holy symbol around his neck but he looks much more a warrior type than a cleric.

I am happy to help you exploring! Kord wants all to test their limits and strive to improve themselves and challenge themself. I would be honoured to join your party and also help you.


The dwarf and the elf both exchange glances but neither says anything at the moment, leaving the choice up to you.
Mendez
 player, 84 posts
Fri 17 Nov 2017
at 04:56
Murzarg Village
Great! And thank you. Ah, my people also believe in testing themselves.
I'm Mendez, of Murzang village, this is Oskar and Silest.
Shall we go somewhere and get acquaianted, Oskar can tell you more about the adventure then?


He hopes the others aren't feeling too racist, tricky situation if they are. He's killed his share of orcs lately but he's pretty sure half-orcs are OK...
Snow
 GM, 70 posts
Sat 18 Nov 2017
at 01:41
Murzarg Village
The other two pass a few looks back and forth but you think they kinda shrug and decide to go with it, trusting in your instincts.

Lets go to a nearby tavern shall we? I am happy to travel with you all and help you on your mission, I trust that you will give a fair share to me in return for my swordarm and my healing abilities. I am sure that you will find me useful to your mission....



Finding an inn Oskar explains that he has heard rumours about an underground human city and that he is intrigued to learn more about it. He believes it to be deserted now and that hopefully there will be treasure there too, although no doubt some monsters as well. He admits he doesn't know the exact location, but hope to consult with a library and or a sage and hopefully learn what he can. Hoping to leave in the next few days if all goes well....
Mendez
 player, 85 posts
Sat 18 Nov 2017
at 03:18
Murzarg Village
He nods at the suggestion about treasure. Another sword arm is handy and healing even more so. And the priests of Kord are known as powerful servants of good. he says glancing at the other two as they trade glances. Not that the party is THAT good really, but he hopes that will mollify them a little..
Sorry, I didn't catch your name? he'll say since this seems to be moving pretty quickly...

At the tavern, he orders a couple of mugs of ale, listening to Oskar tell his tale though he thinks he's heard it before mostly. If anything comes up where he can talk about past exploits he'll talk about that, he might skim a bit over the orc slaying though...
Snow
 GM, 71 posts
Tue 21 Nov 2017
at 12:24
Murzarg Village
The half-orc introduces himself as Graggston and says that he is more than happy to join the party, he explains he recently had a dream in which a celestial servant of Kord appeared to him and told him to be ready to undergo a test of his faith and ability, he's pretty sure that your group seeking assistance for this mission, is his test.

You chat away in the inn, and start to get to know each other better, the other two start to relax around the half-orc more. Silest says she will spend tomorrow brewing a few healing potions for the group, Oskar will spend some time seeking more information and Graggston will spend a day in prayer to his god, to ensure the whole group will be favored by Kord during the trip. Everybody seems happy to meet up the morning after tomorrow, and then head out! (hopefully)
Mendez
 player, 86 posts
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 03:49
Murzarg Village
Mendez nods, impressed by the priests talk of having visions and relieved the others are getting on so far. Being new to cities he thinks he might go sight-seeing around the city, and he probably should go and see if there's any general adventuring equipment they need.
[Also, he can chip in say 200 GP for potion ingredients if Silest needs to buy any for her potions].
Snow
 GM, 72 posts
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 21:02
Murzarg Village
Silest takes you up on the offer of providing some gold to provide for the potions, not to be outdone Oskar also quickly coughs up an equal amount of gold. Graggston dosn't provide anything but considering he will probably be doing a lot of the healing anyways nobody says anything about it...

Everybody heads off in their own direction to take care of their own business, you start to stroll around the streets finding plenty of shops and markets and such, up ahead you hear a sound you didn't expect to hear, the sound of shouting of orders from just around a corner, Push them back!! Forward men!! Argh!!! For Rayhold!!

Dare you turn the corner??
Mendez
 player, 87 posts
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 23:59
Murzarg Village
Looking excited, Mendez draws his swords and goes around the corner to see what's about!
Snow
 GM, 73 posts
Mon 27 Nov 2017
at 02:12
Murzarg Village
You turn the corner and come across 8 city guardsmen battling two flying gargoyles, many of the guards blows are simply landing and bouncing off the creatures, the guards are trying their best however several are already wounded, a few more guards are running towards the fight carrying nets and lassos...
Mendez
 player, 88 posts
Mon 27 Nov 2017
at 09:38
Murzarg Village
He stops, surprised for a second and tries to remember what he knows about them?
Maybe magic weapons would work.
He sheathes his longswords to draw his magic dagger and magic scimitar and then will go over to stab gargoyles!
Snow
 GM, 74 posts
Mon 27 Nov 2017
at 10:48
Murzarg Village
On seeing you and your eagerness to get into the fight, the guards part and make way for you to rush forward and get on of the gargoyles, make your attacks hero!!
Mendez
 player, 89 posts
Tue 28 Nov 2017
at 21:01
Murzarg Village
He moves intently toward the closest gargoyle, shield ready (the buckler on his dagger hand), and attempts to stick it with the scimitar.

[ooc: 19 to hit, 10 damage --assuming scimitar's +1. Numbers in dice roller are off since I got excited and forgot I had to move and so can't TWF this round.]
Snow
 GM, 75 posts
Wed 29 Nov 2017
at 09:06
Murzarg Village
The creature screams in pain and shock as you cut it in the side of the body and a blacking ichor hits the street, the guards let up a cheer and redouble their efforts, with the net and lassos almost here, the gargoyle goes berserk on you, and manages to land a blow for 6 points of damage, but then you get your guard up and are safe, there is a scream to your side and a guardsmen collapses, viciously mauled by the other gargoyle, you notice a magical looking chest open on the street behind the monsters and a dead and badly mauled halfling next to the chest... the guards try their best but many blows fail to land, and those that land often don't actually do any harm.



(your turn again)
Mendez
 player, 90 posts
Wed 29 Nov 2017
at 10:37
Murzarg Village
He grimaces seeing the poor human go down, and furiously attacks the creature with both weapons now...

[ooc: two critical threats but neither of which confirm:
AC 25 for 6 damage
AC 23 for 5 damage ]

Snow
 GM, 78 posts
Thu 30 Nov 2017
at 22:36
Murzarg Village
The gargoyle is badly hurt by your blows and starts to beat it wings rapidly to fly out of range of your blows, (you could get one more attack in at it if you want however) A few crossbow bolts bounce of the stony skin of the creature from the guards. The second gargoyle has been wrapped up in a net, now no longer to fly it falls to the ground, guards with mancatchers come forth to try and hold the creature still. One guardsmen manages to grab the creature around the net and three more press down on the weapon, pretty much sticking the gargoyle to the ground and immobilizing it for now. You have to hand it to these humans, in the face of a monster they had no way of hurting, they have managed to overcome it and keep their fellow tribespeople safe.
Mendez
 player, 92 posts
Fri 1 Dec 2017
at 04:42
Murzarg Village
He'll try to finish off the menace as it retreats, probably missing..
[15:10, Today: Mendez rolled 12,11 using d20+5,d6+5.  attack of opp - scimitar.]

He smiles at the humans ingenuity and will move over there. "Want me to finish it off?" he'll say, waving a scimitar.
Snow
 GM, 79 posts
Sat 2 Dec 2017
at 22:30
Murzarg Village
Yes kill the bastard, thanks for your help!! What's your name ? You turned up just at the right moment like you were sent by the gods themselves! haha A rather happy, rather hairy human guardsman says in very good humor as he slaps your arm.

In the background two guards bend over their companion who is bleeding on the ground and bandaging him up, telling him to hang in their and that a cleric is on the way...

A crowd of onlookers watch from a respectful distance, you've definately got a lot of their attention, just as much as the gargoyle that even pinned to the ground is still growling and gnashing away...
Mendez
 player, 93 posts
Sun 3 Dec 2017
at 11:56
Murzarg Village
I'm Mendez, of Murzang village up the mountain...yeah! nasty things these...

He'll move over and take a chop at the gargoyle trying to make sure he doesn't hit a guard..
[22 to hit, 6 damage]

He'll get ready to try both scimitar and dagger next round...
Snow
 GM, 80 posts
Sun 3 Dec 2017
at 14:19
Murzarg Village
The creature struggles but the guards all pile on it and you eventually get the creature's head off.

(200xp for you hero)

The guard shakes your hand and others pat you on the shoulder, and the common folk let out a cheer and get back to their own lives. The other gargoyle is already a speck in the sky as it flies off away from the city...

You ever need work in town you will always be welcome in a uniform.
Moments later a priest wearing a guard's uniform turns up and heals the badly wounded guardsmen, bringing him back from death's door..
Mendez
 player, 94 posts
Sun 3 Dec 2017
at 23:44
Murzarg Village
He smiles. I'm just passing through, got some things I need to do. If you wanted you might others back at the village who'd give it a go...
So, what happened here anyway?
he says looking at the halfling body and the chest..
Snow
 GM, 82 posts
Mon 4 Dec 2017
at 00:04
Murzarg Village
I will pass the word if any of your village turn up in town, the guards will know of your valour and I am sure your fellow tribemembers will be of similiar ilk. What happened here? Im not sure we rushed here when we heard that there were monsters in the street, we've not had time to find out either, but I think that poor bastard found more in that chest than he was hoping for. We'll need to ask some questions and investigate a bit of course. Sorry can't tell you anymore. Next time your in town come look for me around the Dagger street Guard House, my names Grant. I'll be happy to share an ale with you friend.

(have another 100xp for helping spread the good name of your tribe and help your chiefton with his goals for your village)
Mendez
 player, 95 posts
Mon 4 Dec 2017
at 00:21
Murzarg Village
He nods. Oh we like a challenge! I know the leader of our village, Ridgoon, is keen to see more trade and travel with the outer world too.
Looking at the chest he'll shrug. Weird, must be magic. Good fortune on your hunt then Grant, take you up on it next I'm in town.
He raises a hand in farewell, then will go pick up his other swords and go to finish off equipment shopping...
Snow
 GM, 83 posts
Mon 4 Dec 2017
at 01:25
Murzarg Village
Parting on good terms with the guards who now turn to investigating the crime scene, you quickly and easily get the rest of the shopping down without any more excitement...
Mendez
 player, 96 posts
Mon 4 Dec 2017
at 02:22
Murzarg Village
He goes and buys:
50ft silk rope,
4 sacks
4 torches
5 days rations (replacing)
A regular battleaxe (for killing doors if necessary)

He scratches his head but can't think of anything else..
He'll go find an inn for the night and then rejoin the others the next day for adventure if that was the plan.