In search of the ruins of Kraga Yaka.   Posted by Snow.Group: 0
Snow
 GM, 106 posts
Tue 5 Jun 2018
at 01:00
donjon
You get quite a few looks as you bring the body, now covered by a blanket from Oskar's bag, through the city, but nobody says anything or stops you, everyone gives you plenty of space and several mothers hide their children behind them as you pass, you also hear the occasional prayer and words of condolences as you past.


Soon you are back at the temple, a clergy member comes forth to see what you wish, and when the blanket is removed he stops dead in his tracks, his face going pale white...


Lord have mercy!! obviously he recognises the Graggston. He rushes off and bring the temple high preist, an old man, bare chested with many scars.

Ai Grggston Kord took you too early!!!! Ai.... I thank you for doing what you have done for him. Please let me first take his body and have it prepared for funeral. Then I want you to tell me how it happened.

As the high priest speaks tears fall freely down his cheeks...

The body is carried away, then you are ushered into a side office to tell your tale. Wine bread cheese and meats are also placed out for you to all eat.

(have 300xp for your other good deed for the day)
Mendez
 player, 126 posts
Tue 5 Jun 2018
at 02:01
donjon
I am truly sorry, you are right he was taken too soon.
We fought undead in an old city, strange ones that burned with some sort of fire. After he fell we tried to give him a healing potion but it was already too late. He was a brave companion and will be much missed. He has been avenged, at least.


He'll go on to describe it for the high priest..
Snow
 GM, 107 posts
Tue 5 Jun 2018
at 12:06
donjon
The priest listens intently and then thanks you all again, he takes out three potions from a drawer in his desk. Please accept these healing potions in thanks for your efforts. Tonight we will remember our fallen brother, if you wish you are welcome to join us. There will be feasting and games in his honour. Then his body will be sent up in flames through the smoke to be with Kord.

(have 1 cure moderate wounds healing potion.)
Mendez
 player, 127 posts
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 00:35
donjon
He thanks the priest and says he'll be there...
He'll see then what the other PCs are up to..Silest has a house to go to of course, 'Perhaps I should go find an inn for the day?' he wonders.
Oskar Blackbeard
 NPC, 5 posts
 dwarf
 warrior rogue
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 06:21
donjon
Oskar is happy to join you at an inn, Silest will go home for a bit but meet you at the temple later... with that she heads off, wiping a tear from her eye.

The high priest show you two out..


(if there is nothing you want to do, we can fast forward a bit... however Oskar will ask you what they should do in regards to the matter of a cleric...)
Mendez
 player, 128 posts
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 03:56
donjon
ooc: fast forwarding is fine...
He'll start by seeing if the inn has any clerics, failing that well he'll um..see if they meet any clerics of Kord that look likely tonight, it may be tricky under the circumstances, if not then tomorrow another temple..
Edit: Backup backup option would be to find a ranger and buy them a wand of Cure Light Wounds for 750 GP :)..

This message was last edited by the player at 04:21, Fri 08 June 2018.

Snow
 GM, 108 posts
Sat 9 Jun 2018
at 11:37
donjon
You have no luck at the inn finding a cleric, that night at the feast the food is delicious and there is plenty of wine, some people are getting very drunk, there is prayer and singing, the half-orc's body is laid out in the place of honour near the shrine, he has been dressed and magically healed, so that he looks like he is just at peace sleeping there.

Many clerics come up and thank you for returning their brother to the shrine to be properly welcomed into Kords arms. One man, a tall human with a beard and lots of muscles comes forth he is having troubling standing straight but he introduces himself as Warren and he promises to take Graggston's place and help you. He was a good friend of the half-orcs apparently.

Finally the body is cremated, there is much prayer... and then people start to head home or to their sleeping quarters....


(have 100xp for the experience)
Mendez
 player, 129 posts
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 00:03
donjon
Mendez thanks Warren as well as possible though he's had a few drinks himself, he looks forward to having him on board. [hopefully he'll remember this tomorrow!]
He'll head back to the inn, to hopefully get some snooze time before most likely being hung over in the morning.
Snow
 GM, 109 posts
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 11:46
donjon
Around noon you finally sober up enough to feel like doing anything, Silest and Oskar are waiting downstairs looking bored and playing cards with some merchants while picking at some dried fruit and nuts...


They smile at each other when you finally appear.

We have a cleric! He'll be here in a bit, hopefully, Figured we'd leave in the afternoon to give everyone time to recover. Anything you need to do before we head out lad?
says the Dwarf, who seemed to have fared better than you did at recovering from his drink.
Mendez
 player, 130 posts
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 03:50
donjon
He rubs his head. Good plan, well it'll be good to get back on the road again. he says, wanting to put the whole terrible episode behind them as soon as possible..
He'll order some soup or something while they wait for the cleric so they can get going.
Warren
 NPC, 1 post
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 15:29
donjon
The inn doors open and in walks somebody in a complete suit of full plate mail! Symbols of Kord have been engraved on the helm and the breast plate, the visor is lifted and you see the face of the man called Warren. He smiles and salutes you all by smashing a guanleted fist against his breast plate.
I am ready! My war horse awaits outside, let us go adventure!!
Mendez
 player, 131 posts
Thu 14 Jun 2018
at 05:06
re:
Yes indeed! Mendez will say, smiling. Welcome aboard!
Mendez looks impressed by the armour, he has high hopes this will go better this time..

[tally ho]
Snow
 GM, 110 posts
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 00:20
re:
You notice Oskar also looking the armoured cleric over with admiration. Silest however seems less interested in the new member of the group, but is also happy to be off.

Warren's horse is also equally armoured up as its rider, a large warhorse that people in the street are giving a wide birth to.

Soon you are off and on the road again, the first day passes without any problems but the second day you are moving near to the underground ruins and then suddenly an ankheg bursts out of the ground in front of the party!

(int please!)
Mendez
 player, 132 posts
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 01:44
initiative
A mighty 8 for initiative..
Snow
 GM, 111 posts
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 02:02
initiative
The creature, half out of the ground and half in the ground still, snaps its mandibles close around Warren and there is the sound of metal crunching and the cleric shouts out in pain! The creature makes to return down its hole, with the cleric firmly locked between its mandibles.

(You're up then your party- I swear I rolled randomly for who it attacks, not targeting the party cleric on purpose you believe me right??)
Mendez
 player, 133 posts
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 02:10
initiative

Mendez will swing desperately at the thing, hoping to squash it before it can run off with another priest! They'd never believe it..

11:38, Today: Mendez rolled 7,20 using d20+4,d20+3.  attacks.
11:38, Today: Mendez rolled 4 using 2d6+2.  damage.

[2nd attack probably hits - minimum damage with snake eyes..]
Snow
 GM, 112 posts
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 02:37
initiative
Warren swings his mace at it but fails to connect due to his awkward position, his horse rears up and kicks the creature, causing some damage, Oskar rushes forth to smash the creature but in his hurry trips himself up and goes sprawling. Silest shoots the creature a magical energy attack.

The creature disappears just as quickly back down its hole as it came!

You can jump down after it if you wish, its about a 20 foot drop to the bottom of the tunnel...
Snow
 GM, 113 posts
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 02:42
initiative
Warren swings his mace at it but fails to connect due to his awkward position, his horse rears up and kicks the creature, causing some damage, Oskar rushes forth to smash the creature but in his hurry trips himself up and goes sprawling. Silest shoots the creature a magical energy attack.

The creature disappears just as quickly back down its hole as it came!

You can jump down after it if you wish, its about a 20 foot drop to the bottom of the tunnel...
Mendez
 player, 134 posts
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 05:16
initiative
Damn it..!
The goliath tries to jump down in such a way as to land well, failing due to his armour, then will hack at the beastie some more:

ooc:
14:41, Today: Mendez rolled 15 using 1d20+9.  Jump check to take damage as 10ft less (DC 15).
[forget -2 armour check, 13, failed]
14:42, Today: Mendez rolled 6 using 2d6.  damage. [falling damage]
14:43, Today: Mendez rolled 17 using 1d20+6.  attack - bastard sword.
14:43, Today: Mendez rolled 9 using 2d6+4.  damage.

Snow
 GM, 114 posts
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 12:48
initiative
You jump, fall, stumble to the bottom of the pit but ignore the pain from your rough landing and are soon on the creature, you slam it with a mighty blow that leaves ichor pouring from a wound, Warren forces the jaws of the creature open and he leaps out to the ground, bleeding heavily from his wounds and hurrying to get behind you.

An arrow bounces off the creatures head from above, and you see Oskar starting to scale down a rope to join you.

The creature, quite agitated now, suddenly lets out a stream of acid from its mouth at you!

Reflex save DC 14 or 12 points of damage thank you very much (save for half)
Mendez
 player, 135 posts
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 13:30
initiative
Mendez will yelp as the acid burns into him (full damage yay - rolling a 13 and failing due to goliath racial Dex penalty..he's a big target).
He swings at the bug and probably misses also (AC 13..)

ooc:
[13 is the lucky number for this round]
22:54, Today: Mendez rolled 13 using 1d20+2.  Reflex save.
22:55, Today: Mendez rolled 13,7 using d20+4,d20+3.  attacks.

Snow
 GM, 115 posts
Sat 16 Jun 2018
at 13:18
initiative
You suddenly feel warmth and strength flow through you as the heavily bleeding cleric kneels behind you and prays to his god to aid you.

(14 hit points back)

A magical giant glowing blue beetle appears right next to you and attacks the creature.

Although it fails to land a blow

Oskar shimmies down the rope as fast as he can and prepares his axe and shield to run into the fray next round...

The creature rears up and tries to bite the beetle, but fails to bypass the heavenly glowing blue carapace of the magically summoned creature.

(Getting a bit crowded down here in this tunnel!)

You're up again.
Mendez
 player, 136 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 03:30
initiative
Thank you! he'll say and keep trying to sink his blades into the ankheg, feeling much refreshed:
AC 21 for 9 damage
AC 16 for 8 damage

12:57, Today: Mendez rolled 9,8 using 2d6+4,2d6+2.  damage.

12:57, Today: Mendez rolled 21,16 using d20+4,d20+3.  attack.
Snow
 GM, 116 posts
Mon 22 Apr 2019
at 23:05
initiative
The creature stumbles, wobbles then falls, ichor gushing from the wounds you just gave it.
The battle is won!

Huzzah!
Have 50 xp
Mendez
 player, 137 posts
Sat 4 May 2019
at 01:22
initiative
Nasty. You OK Warren? he'll say to the party cleric. Thanks for that.
He'll look around the hole, to see if the tunnel goes anywhere maybe? But doesn't really expect the mindless bug will have any treasure...then probably have to climb out.