Deklo Grove.   Posted by DM.Group: archive 1
DM
 GM, 86 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 16:40
Deklo Grove
Seralessa, Himo, Milander, and Albrecht decide to part way temporarily with their friends and head to Deklo Grove in search of windflowers for Calmer. You travel back the way you came about an hour and you spot the grove of trees off the road and start making your path that way.

The light from the sun strikes some of the trees in such a way that you can see spider webs dangling among the branches of the trees. It's quiet pretty actually, but potentially deadly as normal spiders don't make webs this large, confirming what Calmer told you about the monstrous spiders.

[Private to Albrecht Delmorn; Himo; Seralessa Vadmal: You also notice a humanoid figure, slight of frame about human height seems to dash into the dark recesses of the grove as you come up the path.]
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 15 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 17:01
Deklo Grove
"Which one of you hatchlings has the best eyes? We should set watch while picking these flowers."

[Private to GM: If I were to set fire to the webbing, would it set the trees on fire? Also could I put out the fire on trees with create Water?]
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 26 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 17:19
Deklo Grove
"I'll take watch if nobody else wants to. My eyesight and hearing are keen enough to catch giant spiders," Mordecai offered, drawing his axe and resting it on his shoulder in case he would need it later.
DM
 GM, 88 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 17:50
Deklo Grove
PM

[Secret to Milander Vos Drago: If you lit the webbing on fire, yes there is a danger that you could set the woods on fire, create water might not be sufficient at your level to create enough water to contain a large fire.]

This message was last updated by the GM at 20:23, Sun 06 Aug 2017.

Himo
 player, 11 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 20:11
Deklo Grove
"Hold, another figure dashes ahead. We may be trespassing."

Himo steps toward the front of the group and draws his Katzburger (LongSword) just in case, his shield at the ready.

"HAIL!" he raises his voice in greeting.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 15 posts
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 06:25
Deklo Grove
"Or it can be a bandit!" Seralessa concentrates for a moment and rushes in its direction.

OOC:
Standard: Manifest Vigor
Move: Move 30ft towards the figure.

DM
 GM, 89 posts
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 09:16
Deklo Grove
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 6):

No one responds to Himo's call.

Seralessa travels thirty feet and looks to see if she can spot the figure again. She however does not see the figure again, was it a figment of her imagination. No couldn't be as Himo apparently saw it too. (OOC: As did Albrecht, I was surprised 3 of you rolled 20 or higher on initial spot....)

The figure could be hiding among the trees by now though or perhaps has traveled farther into the Grove.

[Secret to Milander Vos Drago: Milander easily spots some windflower just under the first of the trees of the grove. They would need to approach closer to gather the flowers. ]
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 27 posts
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 15:53
Deklo Grove
Mordecai will follow after Seralessa, looking and listening for any signs of the mysterious figure. "Do not worry, we are not here to harm you! Not unless you hurt us first," he called out.

[Private to DM: I'm assuming you're going to be rolling things like spot and listen checks? If not I can.]