Back to Town.   Posted by DM.Group: archive 1
DM
 GM, 107 posts
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 21:01
Back to Town
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 2):

Elmo watches the fast lady go seemingly wanting to ask her more but she flashes ahead.

She returns to the St. Cuthbert Chapel without further incident.

Calmer seems surprised to see you so quickly "Back so soon?" he looks about somewhat "Where are your compatriots? There were certainly more of you last time?"
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 21 posts
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 05:33
Back to Town
Seralessa catches her breath. "Honestly? I don't know. I felt an ominous silence. The kind of silence that makes you believe something is wrong. I told the others to begin a race with me, but I guess they didn't catch the hint." She scratches her head.

"Do you know someone called Elmo?" She gives him the flowers. "I think I will have to go back after receiving the payment."
Calmer
 NPC, 9 posts
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 06:14
Back to Town
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 4):

Calmer listens to Seralessa's story. He shakes his head a bit negatively as she relates the story. He takes the flowers she's picked and produces the 5 gp from his belt pouch "Here's the agreed upon payment." he pauses a moment "Adventuring is a dangerous occupation one should not run off on their own or desert their comrades at the first hint of danger. I do hope that they are well and will return safely."

He then addresses her question "Elmo, I believe he's the son of the local captain of the town militia. Part of the old faith. He's at the Welcome Wench at nights oftentimes drinking til they run him out. He fancies himself a man at arms, his brother I heard left town and became an adventurer like you."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 24 posts
Tue 15 Aug 2017
at 04:58
Back to Town
"Hey, I told them to go with me. Or at least I gave them a hint. In any case we had a mission to do. Give you these flowers, remember? Not engaging with spiders or something else." She takes the money.

"Old faith? You mean that St Cuthbert has not always been the adopted church of this town?"
Calmer
 NPC, 10 posts
Tue 15 Aug 2017
at 05:35
Back to Town
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 6):

Calmer does not really seem convinced by Seralessa's words about trying to get her associates to run away with her.

"The Old Faith dominated much of this area prior to the Battle of Emridy Meadows. St. Cuthbert through the wise administration of the Archclericy of Veluna thought it wise to keep an eye on these parts, in case the forces of evil and chaos arose again. They helped provide some funding for this church along with the Viscount of Verbobonc so as to have an outpost in this area. It was just completed two years ago."
Calmer tells her "Burne and Rufus are faithful followers of St. Cuthbert and many newcomers are as well, yet much of the inhabitants still follow the Old Faith. A few come to services on Godsday each week or a few times a week and I hope we see more converts as time passes."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 25 posts
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 04:17
Back to Town
"I see... One last thing. Does this Elmo always walk in zig zag? He may fancy himself a man at arms... but I think we can agree that he doesn't look like one at all."

And he may be in trouble if he continued walking in that direction.
Calmer
 NPC, 11 posts
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 09:02
Back to Town
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 8):

"Elmo is more the town drunk I think than anything." Calmer says "He fancies himself a man at arms because his brother Otis gave him that nice dagger. I've seen Elmo though practice with the town militia, he does seem at least competent with an axe and a bow from what I've seen. They are practicing less these days since Burne's Badgers took over patrolling."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 27 posts
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 03:17
Back to Town
"It is good to know. I have to go now. I will check out what is taking them so long."

Seralessa bows and leaves towards the place the others were.
DM
 GM, 117 posts
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 10:30
Back to Town
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 10):

Calmer bids you goodbye and well.


Keep in mind you hustled back to town which took around an hour. If you hustle back you'll be fatigued when you arrive at their last known location and take 1 point of nonlethal damage.

You head out the church back the way you came.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 28 posts
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 03:22
Back to Town
OOC: I think I will take things calmer. I will make double moves. If something bad passed... then it has passed an hour ago.
DM
 GM, 118 posts
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 03:42
Back to Town
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 12):

As you move out of town you see Elmo coming back down the road still staggering.

"Hello" he says again as you get close to him.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 29 posts
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 05:13
Back to Town
She smiles to him. "Hello Elmo. Did you find something interesting where you come back from?"
Elmo
 NPC, 1 post
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 05:18
Back to Town
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 14):

"Elmo just out for a walk, I just went a bit and then came back." Elmo says. His speech a bit haltingly. "Elmo notice earlier you in big hurry but not so much now. Why hurry to town, then walk out of town?"
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 30 posts
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 05:58
Back to Town
She winks at him. "Business, Elmo. Busines. Did you find anyone back there?"
Elmo
 NPC, 2 posts
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 06:43
Back to Town
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 16):

"Elmo didn't go very far." he responds "Saw Black Jay tending his herd. Then I remembered I need to find some work. I needs some money to buy some ale. You looking for a man at arms?"
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 31 posts
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 04:25
Back to Town
Seralessa shakes her head. "No... at least not right now. Who is Black Jay? What kind of her does he have?"
Elmo
 NPC, 3 posts
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 11:20
Back to Town
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 18):

"Oh Black Jay lives in first house on right towards town, between the chapel and town." Elmo says "He mostly keeps sheep. He's got some dogs as well, they pretty good hunting dogs from what Black Jay says. If you decide you need a man at arms than Elmo's your man, I just need some chain and and an axe. I only ask for half a share of any treasure we find after the chain and axe are paid for."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 32 posts
Sun 20 Aug 2017
at 17:58
Back to Town
"I will consider your offer, Elmo. I will be on my way now."
She waves to him and return to her way.
Elmo
 NPC, 4 posts
Sun 20 Aug 2017
at 20:03
Back to Town
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 20):

"Otay" Elmo says "If ya need to find me I'll be at the Welcome Wench in the evenings."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 33 posts
Mon 21 Aug 2017
at 05:30
Back to Town
"Good to know, Elmo" she winks at him.
DM
 GM, 130 posts
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 12:56
Back to Town
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 22):

Saralessa continues on her way back to the grove hoping she'll be in time. She sees Elmo zigzagging back to town as she looks back.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 34 posts
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 04:13
Back to Town
And she continues walking the road.
DM
 GM, 133 posts
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 05:50
Back to Town
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 24):

Yeah I"m sorry :)

Once they finish the combat I'll move you back :)
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 35 posts
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 03:13
Back to Town
Hehehe, no problem!
DM
 GM, 165 posts
Mon 4 Sep 2017
at 05:50
Back to Town
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 26):

Saralessa sees the party up ahead, seems they are examining some bodies but all three are standing.


(Moving you back to that thread)