Back to the Farmhouse.   Posted by DM.Group: archive 1
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 56 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 9 Nov 2017
at 06:15
Back to the Farmhouse
Ailishi waves and smiles at Alyn. Yes, he is betrothed... but his girlfriend is not around, right?

"Hello beauty! I can't wait to taste the food you prepared!"
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 44 posts
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 05:20
Back to the Farmhouse
Larmiun smiles at her too. "How is your sister? We are eager to know the rest of your family, too."
DM
 GM, 227 posts
Sat 11 Nov 2017
at 13:55
Back to the Farmhouse
Alyn smiles "My sisters are well, please come in."

You enter the home of a farmer, he is getting older. Streaks of gray show a bit in his hair he looks up as you come. "You the travelers Alyn invited to supper?"

A young man about half as old as the farmer perhaps in his early 20s looks over you, his arms are as big as most men's legs.

Stona speaks up "That's them pa, that's Alyn's suitor!"

Alyn's cheeks turn red.

You notice that Even is also here smiling at you, there are also 3 other girls here. One of which is older than Alyn and holding a baby of her own, and two more are perhaps a bit younger than Stona.

Their mother is inspecting the pots by the fireplace, the smell of a hearty stew is in the air and bread as well.

The older man says "Come in, Come in. Alyn says you are here to fight the bandits. An enemy of the bandits is welcomed in this home."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 57 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 09:18
Back to the Farmhouse
Ailishi smiles at the whole family and doesn't doubt to first salute the head of Alyn's family. "Hello. I am Ailishi. This is Larmiun. Yes, we and a small group are going to hunt them. We have some clues and we think that we can attack them tomorrow. Tonight we live happily and rest. It is a pleasure to meet you sir."

He also offers his hand to Even. "You must be their big brother Even. Your sisters told me very high of you." He looks to the other girls and women. "And you are...?" He starts, hoping Alyn or some other can inform him.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 45 posts
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 06:02
Back to the Farmhouse
Larmiun smiles to everyone, offering them his hand. "Pleasure to meet you all, I am Larmiun." He winks at Even and goes to meet their brother, Allerd. "I am sure you and your dad can tell us several things about these bandits."
DM
 GM, 229 posts
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 06:14
Back to the Farmhouse
The girls giggle a little.

The large youth though takes your hand "My names actually Allerd, that's Even over there" he points to the girl just maybe a year younger or older than Alyn.

The older woman is touching the sides of pots at the fireplace "It'll be just a few more minutes before dinner, bread's almost ready."

Alyn points to her older sister with the baby, "That's Abel and little Artin named for his father." There is a dip of sadness in mentioning he's named for his father. "Those two are Heva and Eafet."

Pointing to the older lady she says "And that's ma"

Their father interjects "Have you boys much experience hunting bandits?"
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 59 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Wed 15 Nov 2017
at 10:42
Back to the Farmhouse
Ailishi shakes his head. "Not much. But our families have a long tradition of fighting pirates. Let's say that the ability to hunt down evildoers run in our veins."

He looks to the other children. "Beautiful names for healthy children. I am sure they will all make their parents proud."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 46 posts
Fri 17 Nov 2017
at 04:54
Back to the Farmhouse
Larmiun kisses the mother's hand. "You have lovely daughters and a reliable son. I am sure they brighten your days."

Larmiun takes a seat next to Even and talks to their father. "We are going to try our luck on land. Tomorrow we will go to a lost temple to search for these bandits. If you have any ideas, or advice, we are all ears."
DM
 GM, 234 posts
Mon 20 Nov 2017
at 12:56
Back to the Farmhouse
"I fought at the Battle of Emridy Meadows ten years ago" the father says "It was a horrible thing. Beware the land there for it is cursed such that which dies rises again in undeath to fight for masters that are no more."

Ma puts her hand to the pot and smiles "I believe the bread is done." She starts laddling stew into tin bowls for each of you with a hunk of bread on it. "I do hope you boys like stew, that's a favorite in this house. Today we have potatoes and carrots and onions flavored by a bit of bacon. It should warm you well."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 60 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 21 Nov 2017
at 10:27
Back to the Farmhouse
"I can already savour it. I am sure it will be delicious." Ailishi smiles to the woman and sits at the table.
"Against who you fought? A crazy necromancer? How could you win the battle?" Just a few questions to start.
DM
 GM, 237 posts
Tue 21 Nov 2017
at 11:44
Back to the Farmhouse
The old man chuckles "We fought against evil incarnate. From those evils like goblins and hobgoblins and giants that infest our land to those things from beyond the abyss. It was a great battle. The elves came and road their unicorns into battle. The Priest King of Verbobonc rode into battle. There were druids and wizards of great power, but only Serten came from the Circle of Eight, Mordenkainen and the others left us to our fate. Serten was destroyed in the battle, had the rest of the circle come he may have been saved. I remember the land seeming to move and the air filled with fire and lightning. I was just a footsoldier though."

His words drift off for a moment "I saw the moment that Serten died though. It was as if some great mushroom rose up and squashed him into nothingness despite his great power. As he died though there was a fireburst and I saw the thing of fungus which resembled vaguely a wooman scream in terror and it retreated a bit. I don't really know what happened after that as I succumbed to my wounds and passed out. I was fortunate not to die on that field that day, but had I died it would have been to make sure that others could have gone on."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 47 posts
Wed 29 Nov 2017
at 22:58
Back to the Farmhouse
Larmiun caresses his chin. "It seems like a very powerful evil. No doubt they left a mark in the land. Do you think the bandits are profiting the evil magic in that place for their own benefits? Or maybe they are not able to do so yet?"
DM
 GM, 249 posts
Fri 1 Dec 2017
at 12:39
Back to the Farmhouse
The father shakes his head "I'm not sure, I don't know where the Temple itself was as I fell before we reached it. From the tales I've heard though they sacked it and sealed the lower levels. But that's about all I know about it."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 62 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Mon 4 Dec 2017
at 03:38
Back to the Farmhouse
"I see..." Ailishi eats slowly as he hears the old man's story. Fortunately he doesn't have to face such evil. "Can you tell us something about the bandits of these times.?"
DM
 GM, 253 posts
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 13:14
Back to the Farmhouse
"They seem to operate mostly to the east of town, and to the northeast. Some attacks in the southeast of town. Mostly east along the main road to the ocean. Makes getting anything from that area hard to do. Now the temple was to the northeast of town here back in the day near the town of Nulb." the old man says while eating.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 63 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Wed 6 Dec 2017
at 10:24
Back to the Farmhouse
"Your daughters told me that not all the bandits are human. What other races can we expect? Do you know their leader? Do they seem to attack in a chaotic way?"
DM
 GM, 254 posts
Thu 7 Dec 2017
at 10:07
Back to the Farmhouse
"They've been some hobgoblins reported among them. I don't know who the leader is, I don't think the leader actually participates in the field, I mean they have a unit leader but the main leader is probably somewhere else. The bandits all have a black hand on their shields and armor though." he says.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 48 posts
Sat 9 Dec 2017
at 20:28
Back to the Farmhouse
"I think we have enough information about our enemies. Now let's talk about the lovely ladies of this family." Larmiun tries to eat dinner with a happier subject, smiling to the girls that invited them to their home.

Besides they would have to rest after dinner. Tomorrow would be a long day.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 64 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sun 10 Dec 2017
at 04:07
Back to the Farmhouse
"Agreed." He smiles to the girls.
DM
 GM, 259 posts
Wed 13 Dec 2017
at 12:56
Back to the Farmhouse
The older girls giggle.

Their father looks at them sternly but they don't seem to pay attention right now. He then turns to you "So what are your intentions to my daughters."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 65 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 14 Dec 2017
at 10:45
Back to the Farmhouse
Ailishi smiles to him. "The best, trust me."

OOC:
07:44, Today: Ailishi Urcmon rolled 27 using 1d20+8.  Diplomacy check.
I guess we can move to the tavern after a lovely night? Or can we sleep there? :)

DM
 GM, 263 posts
Thu 14 Dec 2017
at 11:42
Back to the Farmhouse
They probably wouldn't let you stay without you first being married in the house, you might could stay in the barn free, if you asked. It would be against customs to allow an unmarried man to stay in the house with unmarried women whom he was not related to.

The old man seems somewhat pleased with the answer. "Are ye of the old Faith?"

The man's wife is serving food and says "now now lets not rush things to quickly" she says looking over at the daughter with an infant.

If you guys want to move back to the tavern and stay for the night I have no problem and will add you to the tavern and we can just start with you coming down the stairs.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 49 posts
Fri 15 Dec 2017
at 03:29
Back to the Farmhouse
After that question, it was Larmiun's turn to speak.

"Our faith is with the Lady of the Mists, good sir. She protects the island we come from and we are her army to hunt down the pirates of the sea." Larmiun's voice was considerate but firm. Hailing from one of the most pious families at the service of the lady, he is not going to be another religion to be imposed on him. Still, he has to respect the good man's religion. Hopefully, they would both agree.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 66 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sat 16 Dec 2017
at 10:25
Back to the Farmhouse
Ailishi smiles to everyone. "Yes. Our lady protects us. But that doesn't mind we can't be in relationships with worshippers of other faiths. Particularly if they are as good people as you are."

OOC: I think it is all right. Unless the GM thinks there is something important to be spoken about here, I have no problems in returning to the other thread.
DM
 GM, 265 posts
Tue 19 Dec 2017
at 06:30
Back to the Farmhouse
OOC: Who is this Lady of Mists? I've been trying to figure that out for a proper response. I've consulted a few different books and can find no Greyhawk goddess referred to this?