Shannara
 moderator, 3781 posts
 Keep calm, drink more
 COFFEE!!!!
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 23:25
Male Portrait Gallery - Possible Interruption
My web hosting has been moved by the hosting company to a new server, which required a change in my nameservers.

The change over may cause some interruption in male portraits, but should fix itself without too much downtime.
praguepride
 member, 1246 posts
 "Hugs for the Hugs God!"
 - Warhammer Fluffy-K
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 00:47
Male Portrait Gallery - Possible Interruption
Thanks for the heads up and all your hard work! Yay portraits!
Shannara
 moderator, 3782 posts
 Keep calm, drink more
 COFFEE!!!!
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 23:25
Male Portrait Gallery - Possible Interruption
Well, the lovely people who moved everything seems not to have actually MOVED everything.  They've misplaced the whole rpolportraits directory.

I've opened a support ticket.
Shannara
 moderator, 3783 posts
 Keep calm, drink more
 COFFEE!!!!
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 23:58
Male Portrait Gallery - Possible Interruption
We're getting close.  They found the file, but then put it in the public html directory rather than the subdirectory, and then they moved it into a folder into subdirectory instead of placing the pics into the subdirectory directly... and I don't currently have access to my FTP software to do it myself.

We'll see if third time's the charm ... and hopefully ALL the pics will be there when it's done.

This message was last edited by the user at 23:59, Tue 27 Mar.

Shannara
 moderator, 3784 posts
 Keep calm, drink more
 COFFEE!!!!
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 00:42
Male Portrait Gallery - Possible Interruption
I think we may have pictures.
MalaeDezeld
 member, 66 posts
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 00:51
Male Portrait Gallery - Possible Interruption
Ganster, Soldier, Rugged, Alien, Cyborg, Human are still missing
Shannara
 moderator, 3785 posts
 Keep calm, drink more
 COFFEE!!!!
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 12:20
Male Portrait Gallery - Possible Interruption
And everything seems to be working once again.

No offense to any IT people there, but I swear ... every IT guy I've EVER worked with never tests anything they do to see if it actually worked.

I did this.  It should work.  Bye.

It didn't work.

Really?  It should have worked.

It's not working.

I'll take a look at it.  .... Okay, try it now.

It's half working.

Are you sure?  It should have worked.

Look, right here.  See?  It's not working.

I don't know why it's not working.

It was working before you touched it.  Now either put it back like it was, or fix it.  And this time, when you've fixed it, check and see if it's fixed.  Don't just assume that it's fixed.  You're not the IT equivalent of Michael Jordan.  Make sure the slam dunk didn't just bounce off the rim, hmmm?

I do appreciate the help.  Really, I do ... but I'd really appreciate it if you just leave my stuff alone when it's working.   I'd like that most of all.

This message was last edited by the user at 12:23, Wed 28 Mar.

JohnB
 member, 2057 posts
 Demigod of the Stunties
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 12:35
Male Portrait Gallery - Possible Interruption
*grin*  You have never worked with me :)

But I have met an awful lot of people like you describe.
evileeyore
 member, 79 posts
 GURPS GM and Player
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 19:21
Re: Male Portrait Gallery - Possible Interruption
JohnB:
*grin*  You have never worked with me :)

But I have met an awful lot of people like you describe.

Yeah, I swear 90% of the people I met doing IT were there because they thought it would be an easy-peasy job and hated doing follow-up.  The other 10% of us eventually leave because we're tired of cleaning up after them (and the customers).