IIB - Hunters.   Posted by Marshal.Group: 0
Kansas Kate
 player, 158 posts
 Hot words and cold slabs
 P6 T5 W0 F0 W5 R0 B1 L#
Sun 5 Aug 2018
at 02:31
IIB - Hunters
Well this was interesting.  But also an opportunity.  Her mind made the play...  no, no, not like that,  that wasn't going to get her what she wanted.

Without a word, Kate delicately reached out, extended two fingers, and relieved herself of the Schofield as directed.
Marshal
 GM, 279 posts
 W6 R3 B0
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 00:14
IIB - Hunters
Ahead of Kate, the man she recognized as O’Folliard pauses, apparently seeing what is transpiring on the porch of the saloon. Shifting his duster to one side, he places a hand on the Colt holstered at his side and moves toward the Thornton-Curry at a quick pace.

Behind her, Kate hears the sound of her firearm being slid across the planks of the porch. ”Alright, we’re gonna take a walk back inside so you can give Miss Thornton your most sincere apology,” the stranger informs her, ”But before we do that, I’m going to give you a chance to lay down any other weapons you might have on hand. Because...you really don’t strike me as the sort that would rely on just a lone pistol.”
Kansas Kate
 player, 159 posts
 Hot words and cold slabs
 P6 T5 W0 F0 W5 R0 B1 L#
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 01:03
IIB - Hunters
Kate smiled a twisted, evil smile.

Is he alone?  That affects what Kate will do/say next.
Marshal
 GM, 280 posts
 W6 R3 B0
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 01:12
IIB - Hunters
OOC: Kate hears a single voice behind her and has heard only the action of one weapon. O’Folliard is roughly three doors away at this point, approximately at the level of Dr. Wood’s office and residence.

If there is anyone else besides those two watching the scene, Kate hasn’t seen them.

Kansas Kate
 player, 160 posts
 Hot words and cold slabs
 P6 T5 W0 F0 W5 R0 B1 L#
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 01:16
IIB - Hunters
All right that's what I wanted to know.  Also this is why Notice >>> All other skills, lol.

Kate was playing fast and loose here, but she wouldn't really have a choice regardless.  She dropped the Winchester and the Toothpick.
Tom OFolliard
 NPC, 1 post
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 01:23
IIB - Hunters
O’Folliard reaches the porch of the Thornton-Curry, his brow furrowed into a scowl. ”This one of Murphy’s hired guns?” he asks.

”Not sure. She roughed up Miss Thornton, though. I figured that, regardless of the other business we’ve got to attend to today, we could make time to set that right. Collect her weapons.”

O’Folliard crouches, picking up Kate’s Schofield, Winchester, and Toothpick, never taking his eyes off of the outlaw as he does so.
Desiree Thornton
 NPC, 21 posts
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 01:24
IIB - Hunters
As the trio step inside the cool interior of the saloon, Kate sees Desiree Thornton stepping around the bar to meet them. ”Doc, wait,” she says, a mark visible near her left eye, ”You need to settle down. This isn’t what you think it is.”
Josiah Scurlock
 NPC, 1 post
 Doc
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 01:24
IIB - Hunters
The man that has been leading Kate shifts into view. A duster, the color of tooled leather, is draped over his slender frame. His face is drawn, almost gaunt, a stubble beard marking his jaw, his hair dark and straight. He regards the outlaw with gray eyes, the Winchester in his gloved hands still trained on her.

”Don’t you worry, Miss Thornton. I’m plenty calm,” he says, ”But I’m inclined to think this lady’s more than able to speak for herself.”
Kansas Kate
 player, 161 posts
 Hot words and cold slabs
 P6 T5 W0 F0 W5 R0 B1 L#
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 01:47
IIB - Hunters
Kate smiled.  "You fellers just did me a favor.  But if I go on, my mouth is gonna write a warrant my ass can't cash.  You better tell 'em, they wouldn't believe me if Abraham Lincoln, Jeff Davis and The Man Jesus vouched fer it."  Kate directed the last to Thornton.
Desiree Thornton
 NPC, 22 posts
Thu 9 Aug 2018
at 01:45
IIB - Hunters
”This woman, her name is Kate. She’s one of the ones who helped rescue the children last night,” Thornton says, ”Her attacking me. It was a ruse. I promise you. She was trying to make it look like she was forcing me to give her information.”

“She’s trying to get in with Evans and his gang. Figure out a way to take them down. One of her friends, he’s a Texas Ranger. Name of Lee.”


Her gaze shifts to O’Folliard. ”They offered her five hundred dollars to kill Tom.”
Josiah Scurlock
 NPC, 2 posts
 Doc
Thu 9 Aug 2018
at 01:45
IIB - Hunters
O’Folliard’s lips press into a thin line.

Doc makes no move to lower his rifle. Addressing Kate, he says, ”Is that a fact, now? Tell me, what reason did ol’ Jesse give you for wanting Tom here dead? And how were you supposed to go about collecting your money, once the deed was done?”
Kansas Kate
 player, 162 posts
 Hot words and cold slabs
 P6 T5 W0 F0 W5 R0 B1 L#
Thu 9 Aug 2018
at 01:52
IIB - Hunters
Kate didn't quite answer all of the question, but it was deliberate.  "Well he done seem convinced this feller here were tryin' to set his gang up in an ambush.  I were s'posed ta leave his body on the side door of the Sheriff's office... was gonna see if'n ah could be seen takin' him down with some wax bullets... they don't actually launch an' it ain't good for th' gun but it ain't like we got a Smith and Robards around here.  Course I hadn't figured that corpse part out yet, but ah make this up as I go along."
Tom OFolliard
 NPC, 2 posts
Fri 10 Aug 2018
at 02:13
IIB - Hunters
O’Folliard shifts his feet, fishing a plug of chewing tobacco from the pocket of his duster. ”Kinda sounds like they’re wantin’ to make Sheriff Brady look good. Like he’s runnin’ us Regulators out of Lincoln.”
Desiree Thornton
 NPC, 23 posts
Fri 10 Aug 2018
at 02:13
IIB - Hunters
“I was going to see if Cal Thomas over at the Tunstall Store could fix me up with the wax bullets she needed,” Thornton puts in.
Josiah Scurlock
 NPC, 3 posts
 Doc
Fri 10 Aug 2018
at 02:13
IIB - Hunters
Doc is quiet a moment, considering what he has been told. ”So a few people see you shoot Tom here with wax bullets. You dump him over by Brady’s office and pretty soon everybody in Lincoln’s talking about what’s happened,” he says, ”But I’m still curious. Where were you going to go to collect your blood money? Who was supposed to pay you for your trouble?”
Kansas Kate
 player, 163 posts
 Hot words and cold slabs
 P6 T5 W0 F0 W5 R0 B1 L#
Fri 10 Aug 2018
at 18:04
IIB - Hunters
"Now see that's the part of this where I'm a bit sketchy myself.  Now they done told me to go to a feller called Jim McDaniel over there at Wilson's.  Ah think that Jesse Evans meant to settle with me after McDaniel passed word but they weren't too particular on th' matter.  Ain't sure if that's legit, or to set me up fer an ambush."  She shrugged.

"Ah mean that's what ah'd do, send th' known outlaw to do mah dirty work an' then serve her a lead salad.  Or it could be, if'n ah make it look good, they legit need the help and plan ta kill me later."
Josiah Scurlock
 NPC, 4 posts
 Doc
Sun 12 Aug 2018
at 17:33
IIB - Hunters
”McDaniels,” Doc repeats quietly. He nods and shoulders his Winchester. ”I can’t fully say what sort of game Evans and his crew are playing at, but it’s something tricky. And even if you were trying to play above board with them, you’re right to assume they’re plannin’ to double cross you.”
Tom OFolliard
 NPC, 3 posts
Sun 12 Aug 2018
at 17:33
IIB - Hunters
O’Folliard frowns. ”That business with puttin’ me over by the Sheriff’s Office. Doc, you know what Billy’s plannin’ with regard to Brady. You don’t think that means that...”
Josiah Scurlock
 NPC, 5 posts
 Doc
Sun 12 Aug 2018
at 17:33
IIB - Hunters
Doc holds up his hand, cutting O’Folliard off. Returning his attention to Kate, he asks, ”Look, I think you’re tellin’ us the truth. And obviously, Miss Thornton here is willing to vouch for you. You havin’ a hand in rescuing the kids is a pretty big thing.”

“But I have to ask. What’s your stake in this? You trying to get inside Evans’ gang. Feed information to his enemies. That’s one hell of a risk to take. Why attempt such a thing in the first place?”

Kansas Kate
 player, 164 posts
 Hot words and cold slabs
 P6 T5 W0 F0 W5 R0 B1 L#
Sun 12 Aug 2018
at 18:13
IIB - Hunters
Kate smirked and slowly walked over to the bar and took the first thing she could find.  She didn't care if it was beer, whiskey or rotgut.

"Well now that's a mighty fine question ya pose there.  But I'll skip the sermon an' try ta give ya a short answer."  She poured, and then continued.

"Ah came to this town to kill a man you see.  Oh don't worry none,  he ain't no good man, no sir.  Not good at all.  You see fellers..."  She took a swallow and then pointed at herself with her glass holding hand. "Killin' an' stealin' an robbin' an bushwhackin' an' sech is my sorry lot in life, so as a master of my craft, I cater to the most deserving.  Think about it, if'n I win, there's less people like me, and if'n I lose, there's less people like me.  World's better off either way."

Kate twirled the bottle as she took a swallow.

"Ennyways, point is I follow my gut, my gut tells me this man ah'm here to kill is the biggest piece of shit around here, and them fellers what hired me ta kill ya probably knows him because the little shits cling to tha big 'uns.  Besides, ah ain't been here a day an' ah seen this town can't stand like this.  Ya'll need me.  Sure ya'll could let th' Ranger lock 'em all warm an' cozy in a little box where they'd eat better than most hard working free people an' get a li'l kiss from the warden every night.  But that ain't what ya need.  Ya'll need them dead wit' no blood on yer own hands."

She took another shot and put the glassware down.

"Question is boys, what's yer play?  They knows ah'm in here with ya, so if'n this is gonna happen, now's the time ain't it?"
Josiah Scurlock
 NPC, 6 posts
 Doc
Wed 15 Aug 2018
at 03:00
IIB - Hunters
21:47, Today: Josiah Scurlock rolled 8,1 using 1d10,1d6, rerolling max with rolls of 8,1.  Spirit.

21:49, Today: Josiah Scurlock rolled 5 using 1d6, rerolling max with rolls of 5.  Duration.


Doc considers Kate’s words for a long moment in silence. Then, withouta word, he steps over to O’Folliard and reaches out, touching the younger man’s temple. O’Folliard collapses to the floor in a heap.

”That’ll keep him lookin’ dead for a few hours. I figure you and I can fire a few shots in a moment, I can dash out clutchin’ an arm, Miz Thornton can let loose a scream. We make it look good. Then you can pitch Tom over by Brady’s.”

“But how do we get him back? What happens when he wakes back up?”

Kansas Kate
 player, 165 posts
 Hot words and cold slabs
 P6 T5 W0 F0 W5 R0 B1 L#
Thu 16 Aug 2018
at 01:21
IIB - Hunters
"We improvise friend.  Wait an hour, send someone or come yerself under a white flag, ask for th' decency ta put 'em in a casket.  Take him in a house, pry th' coffin open, let 'em out, fill th' coffin with somethin' weighs bout like he does.  I think they wants every'un to know he got kilt, so if'n ya can get lots of people ta come with ya all bawlin' an' fussin' I think they'd let it go.  He'll have to lay low a while.

"In meantime I play my hand.  You fellers gotta figger out what the hell to do with this, ah ain't smart enough to come up with all the plans.  This okie-doke won't last long if'n it works at all, but I'll do the best I can to see and hear an' mebbe calm their tits."

She looked at Thornton.

"Th' watch word is, 'That there is the ugliest prairie dog I ever did see'.  I hear that, I know th' jig is up an' I start shootin'."
Desiree Thornton
 NPC, 24 posts
Sat 18 Aug 2018
at 21:30
IIB - Hunters
Thornton nods, smiling despite the tense situation. ”Not something I’ll quickly forget,” she says.
Josiah Scurlock
 NPC, 7 posts
 Doc
Sat 18 Aug 2018
at 21:30
IIB - Hunters
Doc moves to the left of the winged front doors, his rifle trained toward the left of the barroom, clear of Kate, Thornton, and the prone O’Folliard. Looking to the outlaw, he says, ”You first.”

OOC: In case the question arises, I don’t need a Shooting roll from Kate for this. Firing a couple of shots well clear of anyone else is child’s play for a skilled gunfighter like her. I mainly need to know what the rest of Lincoln’s Main Street is going to hear.
Kansas Kate
 player, 167 posts
 Hot words and cold slabs
 P6 T5 W0 F0 W5 R0 B1 L#
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 01:20
IIB - Hunters
Kate took a moment to tie her trail kerchief around her face, outlaw style, and lift the unconscious man carefully, fireman style.

It was go time.

She picked the least offensive direction, probably the wooden floor (sorry Ms. Thornton) where it wouldn't ricochet and fired twice, and then she kicked the door open and threw a chair out into the street.

"Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haw!"

The masked outlaw came out with Tom O'Folliard on her back, running like hell for the Sheriff's office.

As if on cue (because it was on cue) she wanted for the report from her conspirator, turning to fire back one shot, but through the wrong window, before resuming her journey.  She dumped the man rather gracelessly, but damn he was heavy after being carried that far.

She paused and fired one more time before running like hell for the brush.

All this assuming Kate doesn't get shot lol.